Murder on the Elliquiy Express (Mafia-esque game) [Full]

Started by Kip, March 25, 2010, 06:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

The Elliquiy Express was one of the world's most luxurious trains.  Each year, it offered an opportunity for people to travel the world in unsurpassed opulence with all their wants and needs taken care - even those that they weren't aware of.  People traveled from all over the world to enjoy the once in a lifetime experience the journey offered.

Aware of the demand, the owners could decide who they invited onboard and, as a result, only the lucky or obscenely rich were lucky enough to board the train each year.  With only four sleeping cars, berths were extremely limited - particularly given the spaciousness of each suite. 

You are one of the lucky few to board this journey.  You may not know it now but it will be one of the most unique trips you will ever experience.  Two (or more) of the passengers are pathological murderers picking off the innocent night by night.  Will you survive and even enjoy the trip?

This is a game loosely based on the mafia style of gaming but with unique twists.

Post here or PM me with interest.

Day/Night Cycle
It will run on a day/night cycle with the following schedule :

Day

Each day (except for day one), the passengers will decide who amongst them will be forcefully disembarked at the station the train is stopping at that day. 
Will they remove the murderer, the innocent or even one of their protectors?

After the daily stop, passengers will decide which carriage (1, 2 or 3) they are sleeping in that night and will PM this decision to the GM. 
Only once all decisions have been made and are final will this information be released in a collated post and the night cycle will begin.

Night

Each night, the GM will randomly choose (through a dice roll) which murderer will be active (unless one has been disembarked) and advise them that they have to make a choice of person in their car to kill.
Once that decision has been made and other special roles taken into account, the GM will post the results and the next day cycle will commence. 

Players in the same carriage as the murderer will be informed after the murder victim has been decided and before the day cycle commences.

Special Roles

Passenger
Collectively vote to disembark one passenger each day.

Murderer (x3)
Chooses one passenger to murder each night - which murder occurs is randomly decided by the GM (dice roll).  The murderer may only choose to murder someone who is in the same carriage they are.

Security Guard
Passive.  Their presence will stop any murders happening in the same carriage.

Engineer
Passive.  Can be utterly trusted but is not immediately identifiable.  Passengers in the same carriage as the Engineer will notice a faint odour of coal and know that they are in the presence of one they can trust... they just won't know who it is.

Train Conductor
One time during the game, the Conductor may choose to be told which carriages held murderers the previous night.  They will not be told how many murderers were in each carriage - the result will appear as "Murderers were in Carriages 1 and 3". 

The Mad Passenger
The mad passenger is not that strong psychologically but is very strong physically.  Should someone attempt to murder them, their tenuous grasp on reality will be broken and they will fight back.  Should this happen, the murderer will instead be killed and the mad passenger, in their unhinged state, will take over the role of Murderer.  Until this happens (if it happens at all), the Mad Passenger is stable and 'good'.

Accomplice
Passive.  Should the accomplice be in the same carriage when the murderer tries to attack the security guard or mad passenger (only these two roles), the murderer will succeed.  The identity of the accomplice will not be revealed at this time.

Other Rules
Passengers should not discuss which carriage they are going into (either privately or publicly) until such information is revealed by the GM.
Roles should remain secret and not shared with other players as to do otherwise would spoil the strategy and fun that comes with the game.
All PM communication should be CC'd to Kip so that he can be entertained as well!

People interested in playing should post here or PM me and I will start up a list.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Kip

Interest List

Aiden
Beguile's Mistress
Caeli
Cardwolf
Eden
Imogen
Izu
Kyrsa
Ladysky
Marguerite
Mitholmwen
Pixilicious
Remiel
Ryven
Saffron
ScorpioQueen
Sinera
Spell
Trieste
Valerian
Xandi

~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Ryven

Nadir

Izu

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Beguile's Mistress

Aiden

Spell

*Would love to go and board the Elliquiy Express!*
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kip

Updated to this point -

We'll start in 24 hours and I can take 5 more people.

If five more people sign up before then, I'll close the game off and send out information and roles asap after.

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Ryven

Wooooooot!  The train leaves in 24 hours!  *begins packing*

Spell

Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kip

Updated the list and made some changes due to the interest level -

Added a 'Train Conductor' special role.
Increased the train carriage numbers to four.
Increased the murderer numbers to three.

Some notes -

Remember that in this game, the murderers will not know the identity of the other murderers.  They could well try and kill each other - paranoia will exist for all sides.  If they can work out the identity of the other murderers and communicate with them, it could become messy for the passengers.... but will the murderers be able to do this before the passengers turn on them?

Only one murder will happen per night - each murderer will provide me a choice of victim and a random dice roll will determine which choice occurs.

There will be a limit on how many people each carriage can hold - there will be four carriages that can hold up to five passengers each.  I will ask for carriage choices to be PM'd to me with a preference list and it will be first come first served.  There should be no communication amongst players about this choice - randomness is the key and it will allow you to narrow down the potential murderers just like in a game of Cluedo. 

"He was there both times there was a murder but so was she...  hmm *takes notes*"

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

sinera

I just got the PM about this game - is it too late to join? If not, please add me!
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Kip

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

ScorpioQueen

oh darn. is it too late? I have just found my ticket sir.  :'(
I'm your queen, you will obey me! Now tie me up and spank me!

Kip

Thank you everyone for your interest.  I have no closed off the game as I've hit (exceeded!) my quota.

If you want to play in the next version, please feel free to post here or PM me!

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Esoteric Myobi

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Jecht

I'll play in the next game! Sounds like Mafia or Werewolf which is hella fun
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Kip

I'll put you both down on the next passenger manifest!

~Jay Brannan~

~Mohinder Suresh~

country

Bugger me Kip.  I missed the train.  I reckon you've prepared a good one.  Have fun all!