News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

X-MEN -- temporarily CLOSED

Started by Photo, March 15, 2013, 02:32:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

I'm still interested, just cant decide on what kind of character I wanna put in this.

Oldknight

I am game with the edited character I sent you.

AribethAmkiir

Don't know what's going on with this, but I'm still interested.

If you're looking for a GM Photo you might want to advertise that.  I unfortunately don't have the time to do it, though I'm happy to contribute and brainstorm when needed.

Photo

I've just seen more interest than CS's, I'd like to see some more x-men before I decide who I want to write with. My character is almost done. I will be GMing, I'm just being unjustly picky with this game.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Antipaladin of Calista

Quote from: Photo on March 26, 2013, 10:18:30 AM
I've just seen more interest than CS's, I'd like to see some more x-men before I decide who I want to write with. My character is almost done. I will be GMing, I'm just being unjustly picky with this game.

You have every right to be picky. I saw this and fell in love with the idea. I'll have a sheet messaged to you asap as well as in the thread.

Photo

OFFICIAL DECLARATION

Ladies, Gents, Leiges, Abound. If I seem distant after one(s) character creation it's likely because I wasn't happy with the character that was presented to me. I will come out with expression, I'm only going to pick four-five people to play. That makes five original X-men the star roles, add Xavier. Everything else will be built around that. This is only stage one. My GMing will kick into full gear once the players are decided. Check my GM signature to see how that looks, it would be wise of one to know my style of management before s/he decides to dedicate h/er time to building a world with me. With that being said, I'll defend myself: I place the concerns of my players above everything else.

Now, understand that if I don't like a character, it has nothing to do with the essence of that character. With the nature of the RP, it's strictly the quality of the power, and the originality. I want to stress original powers, which is borderline impossible. And, I understand that, there's an innate challenge that comes with this game. I had to think of my character for two weeks, and it ended up coming to me in a vague dream that I barely remembered, in a cold sweat at seven in the morning. I dislike playing males. This is huge for me.

So, the Character thread should now contain "Keeper", my addition to Xavier's team. It was a bit rambuctious of me to run with such a basic character sheet. It has it's flaws, and I think everyone's character creation suffered due to this mistake, which is fully on me. I built the CS poorly. Now, there's an example in the character thread. My character. Hopefully that should clear things up.

I haven't opened an OOC thread yet. This is it for now.

Look for a neat little update to the first post of this thread. It should make things easier now. I'll also do a Sample character sheet, using Xavier, and plagiarize like crazy for time efficiency. (I don't want to rewrite Xavier's past when it's on four or five hundred different web pages.) This will allow everyone to look at a REAL character, as mine likely has enough flaws to find Marvel's cutting room floor. Claremont hated American characters. :)

OK! Back from work, off to GM stuff and stuff.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

TheBlackThrone

I'm interested. I'll send you a profile for an OC as soon as I can. You don't have to worry with me. If my character doesn't make the cut just openly let me know. I won't fuss, but simply move on with my life. After all, it's just a game.  :-)
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Thorne

I'm still interested, but I'm not sure how to interpret 'distant'. I much prefer to be told up front if there is a problem, and what that problem is. I can't fix something, if I don't know what it is, after all. ^_^

That having been said, I'll take a look at the sheet, and see what needs to be done with mine to clear up inconsistencies. If you have any specific questions, by all means, PM me - I'm happy to talk about the character.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

AribethAmkiir

Still very interested in this game and I'm happy to work on her back story to make it mesh better with your vision for the game's world.

Happy to see this move forward.

TheBlackThrone

I worked on it  as much as I could tonight. All I have left is my character's history and I will send the CS as soon as I finish it. The next two days are going to be busy for me, so if I don't get it to you between those days, I'll get it to you Friday.  :-) If you would like to get the rough draft (unfinished since the important information is already filled out), let me know.
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

Photo

@EVERYONE

welcome (again), read the first post of this thread and get in while I'm still accepting applications. Something was mentioned by Aribethamkiir. The x-men are supposed to be powerful.

Cyclops could destroy mountains-
Arch Angel's blood could heal people, and his wings were metal-
Beast was like five hundred pounds and smarter than EVERYONE on the planet-
Iceman was like the silver surfer, but he could do more-
&
MarvelGirl was like all of them, combined-

Storm controlled the Earth's weather
Gambit blew up walls with playing cards
Rogue killed people when she touched them
&
Charlie was like....God

What am I trying to say? Don't be afraid to make some one with enormous power, but think about the RP factor, all of those people would be fun to play, partly because their interesting, the other part is because their powers don't revolve around other people. Iceman freezes stuff, he doesn't freeze people's thoughts. Gambit stores kinetic energy, he doesn't steal it from other people. I feel like this line of thought will help everyone.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

apygoos

now when you say mutation and effective power, it is kinda like potential vs application?

chaoslord29

Still interested as well! I'm wondering though since I never heard back about my original character submission haha.

I've actually prepared a few other ideas, not quite similar, but stressing the originality and power I think you're looking for.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

MasterOfMyFate

If I decide to join this, do I just put my character sheet on here or do I send it to someone for a check up?
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

AribethAmkiir

I think you can do whichever you're more comfortable with, MasterOfMyFate.   Some have posted their character submissions here and others have sent Photo their submissions via PM.

apygoos

I dont know what powers i want to go with >.<

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 28, 2013, 04:53:29 PM
I dont know what powers i want to go with >.<

The man did say he wanted original, and originality is difficult in a setting where their are more mutants than you can shake a stick at haha.
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

Photo

We'll probably still exist within the marvel universe, it's just that mutations start to happen now, in 2013, not in the early 40's and before like they had in the comics.

So, Ironman does exist, and Spiderman, and all of that.

Sending me as many characters as you can wouldn't hurt. We could pick and choose, or end up using all of them as x-men.

We also still have antagonists to figure out. No one has elected to play magneto and the rest of the "Evil" mutants.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

chaoslord29

Well, here's my second submission, rather more in favor of him now:

Name: Corwin ‘Corey’ Reynolds, Seraph

Race: Human, Mutant, American

Mutation: Corwin’s body generates a unique form of energy field, the particles of which most readily manifest themselves as contiguous ‘hard’ energy constructs. Essentially, the energy behaves more or less like matter, conforming to similar laws of conservation and force, but can be manipulated by Corey consciously and subconsciously at will. This includes retaining cohesion with itself and Corey, meaning that he cannot ‘emit’ the energy at any sort of distance from his body. Presently, Corey’s body generates, roughly thirty cubic feet worth of energy, which Corey can’t generally turn ‘off’ except under conditions of exhaustion. Generally it reflects a shade of golden orange light, but with concentration, Corwin can cause it to reflect most colors in the visual spectrum.

Effective Power: A level 4 mutant, Corwin’s energy manipulation offers him a wide array of abilities, depending on how much he concentrates on the refinement of his abilities. The energy projections mirror Simple shapes require little to no effort or concentration on his part, but the more complex the shape, the more he must focus on ‘crafting’ it. With practice and familiarity with any given shape or form however, comes the potential to create it intuitively (such is the case with his ‘costume’ and select other offensive and defensive tools at his disposal). The energy mirrors the molecular structure of any matter Corey seeks to emulate, so it can be rigid, crystalline, elastic, malleable, or any variation thereof (liquid and gaseous forms yet escape him given their propensity to disperse). Again though, the more complex the arrangement, the more Corwin must focus, so simple rigid forms or fibers come most readily to him.

Generally, Corwin uses his power to form simple constructs like blades or bludgeons or shields and other implements, emulating the molecular structure of a hard ceramics or metals to great effect. Since the constructs obey his will, they are effectively weightless to Corey, and thus he can use them to great effect in combat against foes, reshaping them as need suits him.

It is possible for Corey, through supreme effort of will, to force his constructs back into a more natural state of energy. Doing so however means relinquishing his conscious control over the field, and given the matter to energy conversion ratio, the result tends to be a massive uncontrolled release of raw energy (an explosion). It is conceivable that Corey could create a construct capable of directing said energy at the same time he released it, resulting in a channeled energy blast or effect, but thus far it remains beyond his abilities.

Physical Description: Corey stands just high enough to be considered tall, with auburn thick auburn curls and bright green eyes that give him a very open and outgoing countenance.  Trim and with broad shoulders and an agile bearing, everything about Corey speaks to an understated strength and athleticism.

Personality/Clothing style: Corwin strives towards the sort of polite, subtle enthusiasm and cordiality that conjures to mind a particular sort of old-world gentry. He is an excellent listener and mediator, giving every indication of a most impartial and devoted individual to the idea of human/mutant relations. Corwin is rarely found in dress without a collar: polos, dress shirts, or the jersey of whatever sport currently holds his attention (depending on what’s in season), are coupled with slacks and loafers and tennis shoes.

Emotional Type/"Yellow-Blue" Leotard Description: “In-Uniform” strikes an entirely different character. As a citizen, he believes in civility and moderation, but when diplomacy fails, his underlying ire and furor boil over into a nigh zealotry in defense of his fellow mutants.  Wearing a form fitting royal blue leotard, his own power provides the yellow contrast in the form of padding and armor which Corwin varies to suit his needs. Clad in glowing armor and wielding weapons seemingly made of light, Corwin exemplifies his vengeful namesake.

Relevant History: Born the scion and oldest son of an old money blue blooded Boston family, Corey was anything but the humble, understated man of mediation while growing up. He grew up wanting for nothing; spoiled, but only so long as he maintained the pinnacle of performance in sports and school and social activities, he was a veritable prince all through adolescence. Which is why it came as such a shock to his equally proud and vain parents when they learned their son had been struggling to suppress latent mutant abilities. Corwin’s powers first developed as a purely subconscious ability to direct his energy field,  minute extension of his imagination which he managed to keep subdued, hiding it with smaller constructs only a few grams in mass. When his power began to develop in earnest however ballooning into larger and less manageable forms, he became forced to seek help. Attempting to keep his inquiries quiet, he discovered Xavier’s institute, but in attempting to convince his parents to send him there, he became frustrated, belligerent even as his parents insisted he attend ‘only the best’, obstinate in their concerns regarding certain rumors surrounding the institute. In a fury, Corey’s powers manifested before his parents and sibling’s eyes, glowing constructs which could no longer be hidden beneath clothes or as mundane objects.

Corwin got his wish in being able to attend Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters, the parents setting up a not inconsiderable trust with the school before sending him away, and cutting all other ties. Initially embittered, he sought means to suppress or ‘cure’ his powers, but his efforts only lead to further and further frustration.  It was Professor X himself who found the outlet for Corey’s frustration and the means by which to truly learn to control and develop his unique abilities: Sports. The same activities to which he had aspired as a ‘normal’ child proved most effective, as he learned to relate to his fellow mutants through competition and games, taking the lead on every sport the institute offered, slowly but surely developing his abilities towards whatever equipment the game at hand called for. Learning to win and lose with grace was a hard lesson for Corey, but one he took dearly to heart, and influences him even now as he still views the world in terms of ‘on’ and ‘off’ the court.

Fears: Corwin seldom lets his fears show through, and has developed a reputation for unflappability, but deep down he is still very much afraid of what others think of him as a mutant, and that despite all his efforts he may never change their minds.
My Guiding Light-

RainbowRian

Im interested in this.  You want all original characters yes?