Forbidden Paths (Semi-lewd Forbidden Lands) [Interest Check]

Started by Kakihara, January 23, 2024, 04:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kakihara

Forbidden Paths

This is a tentative interest check for a semi-lewd Forbidden Lands game.  I’m not sure how many people may have the rules and be interested in such a game so I wanted to just test the waters.  Now by semi-lewd, I do want players to enjoy adventuring and being part of the party but certainly a number of encounters will involve sex, quite possibly non-consensual though there may be consensual parts in other parts of the adventure.  I have been wanting to better learn the mechanics of the game, so I’m fine with people who’ve not played it, probably preferable, since it will be my first time gamemastering the rules but access to the rules would be needed. 

I would be using the base world though will probably throw in my own locations and I want to lean into the creating a stronghold and such and seeking treasure which is the heart of the game.  I feel like most characters should have a reason why they are coming to this loose confederation of people and needing to go into the wilds to find treasures.  I would make one change, mainly cosmetic, that the Wolfkin would be more Demi-human instead and be either wolf/dog or cat girl/boy as far as cosmetically for the avatar, so human but with the ears and tail and such.  Stats would be the same.  And as per normal, for me, faceclaims would be art only, no AI art, instead of IRL faceclaims.  And by art it can be drawn, digital, manga style and such.

It would be open to male and female characters though I should point out that do to my own limitations I do have a tendency to approach things from a more penetrative aspect.  So male characters wanting female monsters will probably not find that with me, though there may be some female, androgenetic and hermaphroditic creatures depending on designs, along with the males and slimes.  I would probably ask for limits from players who don’t have an O/O to know what to avoid if we got enough interest. 

I think that’s all I can think of for now since not sure how much interest this might get right now.  But feel free to ask me any questions. 

Revna

Flagging, I want to learn a bit more about what I would be getting into and how often posting would be expected?

Rashol

If semi-lewd, art and portrait aside, how do you want our characters dressed. Easy access outfits, or something more "real"

Kakihara

Quote from: Rashol on January 24, 2024, 12:00:16 PMIf semi-lewd, art and portrait aside, how do you want our characters dressed. Easy access outfits, or something more "real"
Ah, let me clarify, the reason I used semi-lewd is while the end result will be a good deal of smut, I want people to approach things in a more standard, ie real, way.  I've found in the past when I make a game more centered around smut content, and sometimes even when not, people will create characters that are fully wrapped around sex.  Like a priest who is a horny stripper or prostitute and sex craved.  I find this kind of play boring and prefer to approach it more from a more mundane way where people/parties are going to actually accomplish something, but bad things happen.  

Quote from: Wicked Emi on January 23, 2024, 10:34:13 PMFlagging, I want to learn a bit more about what I would be getting into and how often posting would be expected?
Well as far as posting rate, that would sort of be finalized after checking with players but my preference is players to post at least twice a week, though it may be quicker depending on the type of scene.  And just to let the group know if they will not be able to post for a bit, life happens.  As far as 'what I would be getting into', it's a rather open question so not sure what you mean.  As I explained a bit in the main post, I would be following the kind of standards set up in the main Forbidden Lands material where players would for one reason or another be willing to risk the dangers of the land to find ancient sites and treasures, often establishing a stronghold as a base for these endeavors while pursuing rumors of sites and places of legend.

Hellion

I had never heard of Forbidden Lands until I saw this interest check. Sounds fun though.

Is this going to have the game mechanics/dice rolls/stats, or are you using the lore for narrative purposes only?

Kakihara

Quote from: Hellion on January 24, 2024, 03:02:46 PMI had never heard of Forbidden Lands until I saw this interest check. Sounds fun though.

Is this going to have the game mechanics/dice rolls/stats, or are you using the lore for narrative purposes only?
While I tend to err on the side of narrative, this would be using the game mechanics of the system to better facilitate play. 

Edit: Traction is looking pretty low on this idea and I know system games are hit or miss especially with non D&D.  Gonna table this one for now I believe.