[BESM 3.0] Rise of new Gurps....

Started by Miyu, March 08, 2012, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

"Mizuru, what your going to do? dammit girl each time your cellphone rings you gotta go back to dad? have some guts girl and continue hanging with us?" one of the friends said to the pink haired girl that apparently was in a hurry after a odd shaped cellphone rang.

"Hahaha I wish I could, but my father would kill me if I don't get home when he says, I will see you guys" Mizuru said as she hugged all of her friends and left running towards her fathers house. The only thing was that she wasn't going to her fathers house in fact she was going to safe the world again. Ever since she discovered she was one of the Galaxy Chosen she has been given the power to safe the planet, and how you ask? by turning to the magical girl Skyfire and saving the world one city at a time.

However this time was different, this time she would taste defeat at the hands of one of her most feared enemies that finally found her weakpoint. The roar of a beast could be heard on the city, Mizuru's friends ran for their lives as they were in the middle of the attack area. A couple of minutes later a flying girl appeared in front of the beast, her long pink hair and blue eyes were often seen with envy by her fans. She tried to launch an attack towards the monster but it had little effect on it. She continued attacking but this time each attack increased the monster power.

The beast grew up seven tentacles that wrapped themselves on each hand and feet of the young woman. The other three went in each of her remaining three holes ripping apart her panties and longing itself in her mouth, vagina and bottom. Everybody watched as she was being raped by the monster without her being able to fight, to all that saw her she was just a normal girl however the monster was doing something worst, much worst she was draining her energies. Soon after her energies depleted and her dress began to glow and her normal clothing was revealed. As her energies were finished the monster dropped her to the ground hard as she went unconscious right in front of her group of friends that now knew the truth, Skyfire was in fact their best friend Mizuru and she was in danger.

That day the monster grew havoc against the citizens killing hundreds and hundreds of people and raping a lot more, it was said that was the defeat of Skyfire. She was taken to the hospital by her friends but before they could arrive ten black cars surrounded them and they took her without much problem. The leader seemed to be a man that was very much worried for her hero. Ten days passed ever since that awful day, it was then when a friendly figure appeared on the school on crutches, Mizuru was back and with a lot of explaining to do.

OOC:
I am looking for people to play Mizuru's friends that will be transformed into the new heroes. You will make the character sheet but it will be freeform until you actually get your powers. I am thinking a group of friends at school who has another identity which is one that will save the world. I am looking for at least five to six people to fill the ranks. More can be added later on if this goes well.

Superhero 1- Skyfire- Played by Miyu
Superhero 2- ?????- Played by AndyZ
Superhero 3- ??????- Open
Superhero 4- ???????- Open
Superhero 5- ????????- Open
Superhero 6- ?????? -Open

Character Sheet Rules
350 points
No attribute higher than 5
Skills up to half max lv
No stat higher than 8

Muse

This sounds awesome, Miyu-chan, may I play?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Miyu

Videospirit

Is this an all female hero team?

I'd be interested either way.

Miyu

Nop there can be males, the pic its just a small example

AndyZ

Asuka Toyamato

Body 5 Mind 7 Soul 6

Alternate Identity (Able to transform into futa at will) L1

Armour L5

Combat Techniques - Deflection, Hardboiled, Lightning Reflexes

Divine Relationship L5

Extra Actions L2
- Deplete -7 (5/round)
- Detectable -1 (Visual - Rippling Onion Skin Effect)

Features - Appearance 2

Flight L3 - 100kph (65mph)
- Deplete -3 (1/minute)
- Detectable (Visual - Appearance of wings of pure energy)
- Spread

Force Field L5
- Deplete -5 (1/round)
- Detectable -1 (Visual - Azure)

Heightened Awareness L3

Massive Damage L3 - Mana Spells

Mind Shield L3

Regeneration L1
- Deplete -5 (1/round)

Resistance L3

Skills:
Acrobatics (Flexibility) L1
Etiquette (Upper Class) L1
Gaming (Gambling/Card Games) L1
Languages - English L1
Occult (Magic) L1
Seduction (Physical) L1

Special Movement - Zen Direction

Supersense L2 - 100 meters

Telekinesis L3 - 100kg (220 pounds)
- Concentration -4
- Deplete -3 (1/minute)

Wealth L1 - $300,000

Primary Weapon - Manadarts (Thousands of shards of pure energy fire from her glowing hands and zip towards her target)
L5 Damage
- Autofire
- Homing L3 (Aimed by her own supersense)
- Range 2 - 100m

Secondary Weapon - Heart Kiss (She blows a kiss which sends a fluttering set of hearts shooting towards her target to induce an orgasm and therefore incapacitate a target)
- Incapacitating 2 (5 rounds)
- Range 1 (10m)

Girl Magnet -2

Asuka Toyamato is the daughter of the head of Toyamato Industries, the robotics and software company famous all over Japan.  Although she doesn't have much of her own fame, she's never wanted for anything, and the combination of her beautiful looks and stunning intellect have allowed her to cruise through much of her life without issue.

One secret desire that she's held for so much of her life, however, is magic.  Having read through so many fantasy books, she's held a desire to be able to draw forth amazing power like in the stories, to be able to fly, control things with her mind and any number of amazing feats.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Marie Reynolds

I would be interested and would this be using the revised besm book.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Marie Reynolds

Thanks for the title now to drive thru rpg.

AndyZ

Miyu, since this is a magical girls thing, is Alternate Form capped at 5 the way the other Attributes are?

Muse

Name:      Kiyoko
Player:      Muse
Height:      5’7”
Weight      136lbs
Sex:      Female (Quietly Bi) 

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Point Cost:  350/1
Size:   Normal

Body   6
Mind   5
Soul   7

Attack Combat Value:     8
Defense Combat Value:     9
Damage Multiplier:       5

Health Points:      75/
Energy Points:      75/

45   Alternate Form V (Magic Girl)
20   Attack Combat Mastery II
10   Combat Techniques V:  Critical Strike, Deflection, Judge Opponent, Lightning Reflexes, Tournament Encyclopedia. 
30   Defense Combat Mastery III
5   Defenses: +1 Defense/Round
6   Energy Bonus III
1   Feature: Beauty
2   Special Movement I: Balance
2   Tough II

Alternate Form: 
10:   Extra Attack, Deplete 5: +1 Attack/Round at the cost of 1 energy/round. 
4   Extra Defense, Deplete 5, Dependent upon the activation of Extra Attack.  : +2 Defense/Round.  (She calls the combination of these two effects “Bullet time.” 
1   Feature: +1 Beauty. 
4   Jumping II (X10 Normal Distance)
6   Land Speed III (30kph)

24   Item: Okuni’s Umbrella:
   Direct attacks with Okuni’s Umbrella.  (Weapon V, Muscle.  6)

“Chains of Purity!”  She opens her umbrella as white rose petals rain down on her.  Dropping into a curtsy, she raps the butt of the umbrella into the ground.  Heavily thorned red roses leap from the ground bellow one enemy to both tangle them and pierce them with their thorns.  The rose bush is a rank 5 weapon and has 15 health.  The target has limited mobility (see page 68) ‘til he has blasted or burst his way out.  Further, the thorns pierce more deeply as he struggles, dealing damage each round that the roses are resisted.  Each attack with Chains of Purity costs 10 energy.  (Weapon 5, Deplete I, Indirect III, Range II, Tangle III:  17) 

“Cherry Blossom Storm”:  Performing a whirling dance to gather cherry blossoms of pure joy, Okuni launches them down range on a wind of faith.  This effect attacks not only the first foe, but potentially the three behind him as well.  More, as the attack is spread out, dodge rolls are made at -3.  Each attack with Cherry Blossom Storm costs 10 energy.  (Weapon 5, Deplete I, Indirect III, Range II, Spreading III. =17)

“Kamikaze butterflies!”  In the midst of her enemies, the dancer is at her most radiant.  Gathering butterflies of hope in her spinning umbrella, she strikes the ground.  Raidiant rainbow winged butterflies swirl about her out to 10 meters, striking those who assail her as a Rank V weapon.  Each attack with Kamikaze Butterflies costs 10 energy (Weapon V, Area III, Deplete I. =12) 

“Enfolded in an Angel’s Wings”:  This power involves opening her umbrella and spinning it.  A force field with Armor Rating 20 is projected in a 10 meter radius within which she may protect not only herself, but allies and bystanders.  It blocks incorporeal attacks.  While she is using this ability, she may make no other actions save for defense roles and regenerating the force field.  She may also move at half normal speed and use the Field Penetrating effect.  However this is an especially fatiguing action and she looses 5 energy each round she uses it.  (Force Field 5; Area III, Blocks Incorporeal, Deplete VII, Custom Defect II, Field Penetrating, Regenerating: 12)

Skills: 
10   +3 Acrobatics (Jumps, Tumbling)
2   +2 Area (Japan) Knowledge: Tokyo
1   +1 Artisan: Seamstress
4   +3 Climbing (Vegetation)
3   +3 Controlled Breathing (Calm)
3   +2 Cultural Arts (History, Literature)
2   +2 Domestic Arts (Cooking)
2   +2 Etiquette (Middle Class)
3   +3 Gaming (Computer Games) 
3   +3 Languages (English): English, French, German, Mandarin
2   +1 Medical (First Aid)
2   +1 Occult (Good Luck Charms)
4   +3 Performance (Dance, Kata)
9   +3 Stealth (Silent Movement)
1   +1 Writing (Journalistic)

Defects: 
-2   Ism:  Ageism (16) 
-2   Phobia II: Crossing large bodies of water. 

Kiyoko is a severe and stoic but friendly girl who studies hard and trains in martial arts.  She always seems restrained and a little distant even to her closest friends.
When Orpheus was working out each girl's transformation, they discovered that she was the reincarnation of Okuni, the shrine maiden who invented kabuki theater--in popular myth known as a demon hunter and protector of the people--especially later in life when she specialized in 'pants roles' as samurai. 
Orpheus tied Okuni's power into the transformation sequence.  somewhat to Kiyoko’s dismay, she found herself not wielding Okuni's ogre-slaying katana but a dancing girls umbrella.  She channeled the spirit of a light hearted and demonstrative dancer whose deep and abiding faith and compassion never clashed with her flirtatious cheer. 
Empowered with heightened speed, she could use the umbrella as both weapon and shield, and call cherry blossoms of purity and joy to strike down her foes.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Miyu

Apparently I got no interest in this besides Muse and AndyZ. So if by this time Tuesday I don't see more interest I will drop this

Mysterica

I am interested.  I'm still craving to try this game out!  It may take a little time to think of the idea for this character, but I'm sure once I find the right picture I will do well enough.

AndyZ

If anybody needs help, you can send me a PM.  I've got most messengers, though I prefer Skype.

Ortega Maximo

I am also interested, though I'm stuck using intermittent borrowed internet until late Wednesday.  I already have a copy of the third edition rulebook.

I was thinking of playing a male hero with a Kannaduki no Miko feel.

Miyu

:) you can do whatever you want hon, if ya need help just let me know

Videospirit

Name:Ouchi Makoto
Hero Name: Inspired?

Stats:
Body 4 Mind 8 Soul 6
HP: 45
EN: 70
CV: 6

Alternate Identity(Inspired) L1

Attributes:
Features(Appearance) L2

Divine Relationship L1
-Deplete(10 energy)

Telepathy(All) L1
- Range(1km)
- Targets(10 people)
- Area(100m)

Teleport l5
- Targets(10 people)
- Area(3m)
- Consumable(Picture of Destination) -2
- Detectable(Sight, Hearing, Astral) -2
- Activation -1

Power Flux Creation: Animate Drawings L5
- Consumable(Picture of Creation) -2
- Detectable(Sight, Hearing, spiritual) -2

Power Flux Creation: Art 5/level L1 8
- Duration(once/round)
- Durable 1

Skills:
Languages - (Japanese, English) L1
Visual Arts(Drawing) - L3
Campaign Area Knowledge(City) - L2
Performing Arts(Singing) - L1
Writing(Poetic) - L1

Primary Weapon - Sketch L5
- Accurate 3
- Psychic 6
- Undetecable 3
- Range(1km) 3
- Equipment(Art Supplies) -1

Secondary Weapon - Capture Image L0
- Linked(Sketch) 1
- Incapacitating(Turned to Drawing) 5
- Drain(Body) 1
- Drain(Soul) 1
- Enervation 1
- Equipment(Art Supplies) -1

Defects:
Guy Magnet -1
Sexism(Looks like a girl) -2
Less Capable(Common Sense) -3
Skeleton in the closest(Secret Identity) -2
Not so Tough -2
Reduced Damage(Half ACV) -6

Background: As a lover of the arts, gentle Makoto has never fought anyone during his entire life.  Usually withdrawing into himself and ignoring others when teased or bullied, until he became friends with Mizuru and started to open up. He's always been a bit silly, and can't really comprehend why people mistake him for a girl.

He likes to see the art and beauty in all things, and wishes he could capture important moments on paper with perfect precision.

AndyZ

Should we all be taking the Ageism defect?  I didn't take it, but if we're all going to be using that, I could accept the defect and find a place for two other points.

Miyu

I dont think Ageism will fit in the story

Ortega Maximo

3.0 doesn't seem to have the Summonable Defect/Attribute... is there an equivalent?  My plan was to have my magic powersuit/mini-mech be summonable via a worn item (in place of the usual transformation sequence).

Miyu

Add a restriction to the attribute. See Object restrictions

AndyZ

BESM is an effects-based system.  Whatever method you use to do something, you take an attribute in order to have that effect.

So even though you'd be using an item that conjures up a magical powersuit, you'd probably want to do it the same way of putting points into Alternate Form and having that just make the suit appear upon you and such.

Of course, the other possibility is to have either the Teleportation or Dimensional Portal attributes be placed upon the item with the Object restrictions, because the armor teleport and doesn't let you teleport yourself.  However, it seems like a bit of a workaround to me.

Mysterica

I will start working on my actual character tomorrow after some sleep, but in the mean time here is the before and after from shy girl who gets little attention to unfortunately still shy hero who will draw plenty of attention.

To

Name: Yuka Saito

Transformed name: Will be decided later

Stats:
Body 5
Mind 7
Soul 5

Attributes:
Alternate Form 5
Extra Defenses 2
Features - Ambidexterity, Eidetic memory, Lightning calculator, Personal computer
Massive Damage (Unlimited) 1
Melee Attack (Unarmed) 3
Melee Defense (Unarmed) 3
Regenration 2

Alternate Form Attributes:
Armor 1
Combat Technique - Brutal 2, Critical strike, Lethal blow, Lightning reflexes
Extra Actions 1
Features - Appearance 2
Melee Attack (Unarmed) 1
Special Movement - Balance, Light-footed
Superstrength 1
Tough 3

Skills:
Acrobatics (Tumbling) 2
Climbing (Natural surfaces) 1
Computers (Programing) 3
Cultural Arts (History) 2
Gaming (Computer games) 3
Languages (English, Latin) 2
Occult (Tarot) 1
Physical Sciences (Physics) 3
Social Sciences (Theology) 3

Defects:
Guy Magnet (only alternate form) 2
Phobia (bees) 2
Unappealing petite and nerdy [only normal form]) 2

Videospirit

So will we have enough people once mysterica finishes?

Miyu