Danger Girl roleplay interest check

Started by RedEve, December 28, 2010, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Danger Girl

For those of you not familiar with the comic book series, it's a tongue in cheek take on the spy genre. The heroes are not male spies or special agents but a group of female operatives. Some of its trademarks are over the top action, humor and an abundance of curves for nearly every female character.

I started this thread to see if there was enough interest to perhaps start a small group game based on the series. I do not intend to use canon characters for this, but rather keep the light tone and mood of the original and populate it with original characters. If this does attract enough interest, I would take GM responsibilities upon me. I'd provide a lead villain and a cast of antagonists for the girls to fight against - and eventually prevail over.

Feel free to leave a show of interest in this thread. I'd like at least 3, but preferably 4 Danger Girls before I consider starting this. A character sheet template will follow should enough people show the desire to participate. :)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Scribbles

Sounds like fun, have been interested in trying out a light-hearted RP for awhile now.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

RubySlippers

Frakin' A!

I'm thinking geek but hot McGyver-esque babe an expert in hacking, technology and happens to also be able to make a working ultalight aircraft from a lawn mower engine and spare parts found in an average home.

Her weapons will be non-conventional but will be an advanced student of a martial art not sure which one.

But you need a camera and bug in a tiny helicopter with a built-in silencer she's your girl!

RedEve

Well since I got two interested members on such short notice, I'll post the CS template a little sooner than planned. :)

QuoteName:
Alias(es):
Abilities:
Bio:

The thread would start with the recruitment of the girls, so the bio should not include any Danger Girl experiences or missions yet. :)

RubySlippers

Name: Dr. Mai Po Ling

Alias(es): Lotus

Appearance: http://fantasti.cc/user/salon/images/image/674837 Tends to dress casually to show off her figure and is tomboy-ish geeky with glasses light sensitive tinting she can see normally and she likes the look. In the field think body stocking skin tight, a Dao knife on back, body harnsses and utlitlty belt, crotch ornamentation, nightsight optical glasses (safety) and lots of things she needs even a first aid pack. Mostly think hot geeky tomboy-ish woman with almost everything she needs on her for common Danger-ous activities. Her suit has protective kevlar and is fire resistant being a nice black color.

Abilities: Advanced First Aid, Athletics, Computer Science (artificial intelligence, hacking, security), Drive Automobile (standard, evasive driving, stunt driving, sliding), Demolitions, Espionage, Genius, Languages (chinese, english both native speaking/writing), Technologist, Unorthodox Thinking, Use Her Technology, Wu Shu (advanced student - favorite weapon forms Dao a large sabre like knife and Nangun a short staff and focuses on acrobatics/gymnastic moves and favors kicks over hand or elbow strikes)

Bio: A Chinese genius and innately gifted with all forms of technology she graduated with her a masters degree in applied engineering and a doctorate in metallurgy at the age of seventeen from MIT. Able to toss together almost anything with just her outside the box thinking she's a brain making anything she needs when needed and holds several patents on new medical devices making her quite wealthy all invested her most popular an MRI that costs just $100,000 now used in medical practices around the world. Her background includes studying Wu Shu, driving in illegal street races and hitting on any female she finds attractive being openly a lesbian. Is not however fond of guns at least standard ones but she is a martial artist and does have modern weapons just not standard ones (her latest inspired from a movie her "crotch cannon" a fold out very short range fun that fires two .45 calibure rounds and has other gizmos some non-lethal and some lethal). She completed her on-the-job training in espionage and applying her skills to the field by the team leader. Her parents run a resturant in Honk Kong selling oddly pasta and pizza and she has two older brothers and a younger brother all working in the family business Ling's Pizzaria. They see her as their little "Lotus Blossom" the really good daughter that provides security to the family.

Note: All her technology skills are related she has demolitions from her knowledge of engieering and technologyso would know how to put a bomb together or disarm them but is not an expert.

Scribbles

Name: Alexis Halifax-Mordaine the Third
Alias(es): Tipsy
Appearance:

Abilities:
While not technologically inclined or multi-lingual, Tipsy is known in the underworld for her athletic, hand-to-hand, stealth and reconnaissance abilities. Along with a combination of free-climbing, parachuting, rappelling and water-orientated skills, it's exceptionally rare for the young agent to meet a target she can't reach.

Bio:
Meet Alexis Halifax-Mordaine the Third, child of the monocle'd, moustache-twirling, evil genius, Greggory Halifax and daughter of the buxom but deadly MI-6 agent Vixen Mordaine. An unlikely union which had the young Tipsy dumped into the world's messiest divorce. Since birth she's been part of a custody battle, literally, to end all custody battles, with her current parent usually decided by who can not only kidnap but hold onto her for the longest. To this day, this back-and-forth game between mother and father continues to haunt Tipsy...

These constant scrapes with danger, death and adventure have moulded Alexis into a strong, independent, woman, with the growing girl picking up more than a few tricks during her rollercoaster ride of a life. From her father's side she made connections, dabbled in subterfuge and took part in a more extreme lifestyle, with her acts of daring enough to likely even make her MI-6 hardened mother faint. And from her mother's side she engaged in the more disciplined arts, from martial arts to military training. However, in the end, it was a combination of what both taught which finally led to her successful escape at the age of sixteen, where she became lost within the criminal world under the alias of Raven.

During this time Raven would start as a small time thief and through the years gradually build herself up from stealing and information gathering to outright assassinations and brokering between criminal organisations. It was a harsh life full of backstabbing, martini-stirring, cheesy one-liners and puns... horrible, horrible, puns. Thankfully Raven flew through this stage of her life quickly as she chose to drop the act of "Raven" and move onto a more becoming role of "Tipsy". It's been a recent change and, since she mostly wore a full-body cat suit as Raven, an easy one. She operates without a mask these days however and has even renewed contact with her parents, albeit only through brief visits under situations where she's certain to be in control.
AA and OO

DuhMan

I'm totally game for this. I can either use this character or create an entirely new one. But I won't be able to post anything until some time tomorrow.

RedEve

Quote from: DuhMan on December 28, 2010, 11:43:43 PM
I'm totally game for this. I can either use this character or create an entirely new one. But I won't be able to post anything until some time tomorrow.

I'd prefer a completely new character since that one doesn't seem to fit into the universe. Please check out the Wiki-link in my opening post to get an idea of the type of character that would fit in.

Scribbles

I just wanted to point out that I edited my charrie to suit the cheese of the comics a little better.
AA and OO

Callie Del Noire

Name: Emerald Anne Dante
Alias(es): Ballistic, Hellion, Carrie Carter, Ellen Daniels, numerous other 'burn ids'
Appearance:

Abilities: Emerald is a world class pilot and driver, knowing how to drive any sort of wheeled vehicle and most small aircraft up to midsized commercial jets (though she is only licensed for small aircraft and choppers mostly). She is an excellent mechanic and typical poses as a car thief/driver in most identities. She is a skilled, if some what specialized, electronics tech and locksmith with a specific focus in automotive locks and security systems.
Her skill with the blade and handgun is actually much better than she lets on as she has trained with both since early childhood. She is also an excellent sniper. Her hand to hand style is a mix of Krav Maga and Akido.
Through her 'foster mom' she has built a good reputation in the US underworld as a driver without peer and has contacts through out the US and Europe for being able to handle 'commission' thefts. Most of her contact network involve the
Bio: Emerald doesn't talk much about her past, though she admits there has been nothing in the way of a normal life. She supposedly killed her first man before she was 10 years old. She was the latest of a long line of female assassins dating back to the late 1800s. The family was supposedly founded by disgraced english noblewoman who made her way using skills taught to her by her father, a great white hunter. For more than a century, the women simply chose to raise their daughters and leave their sons with others. Teaching each daughter the skills that the mother had learned, and passing on the charge to 'never trust a man' they lived the code of their founding mother.
Emerald was raised to be a contract killer by her mother, just like she had been raised. The plan went awry in 1995 when she was killed in a betrayal. Emerald was thought killed, though she was taken in by one of her mother's associates. She put her name aside and tried to be the woman's daughter. She learned to drive and kept looking for the client who betrayed her mother and return the favor. Emerald is renown as a driver and pilot without peer, her skills in unarmed combat and with the gun are deliberately downplayed.

Featherfall

I'm actually quite interested in this; when you get all the Danger Girls, will you be having any openings for villains?

Featherfall

Name: Dr. Hans von Laffworks
Alias(es): 'The Feather'
Appearance:

Abilities: Superhuman level of intelligence in regards to gases and chemical compounds (esp. laughing gas), including several steroids that temporarily boost physical ability to peak ability (around Olympic level, but nothing superhuman). Very skilled at boxing and fencing.

Bio: Not much is known about von Laffworks before he began his life of crime and terror; it is suspected that he was a prominent German chemist who suffered from an experiment gone wrong, but that is a theory based on his name and not much else. What is known is his genius-level intellect in regards to chemistry, and his passion for the theatrical. He will often commit elaborate crimes, then create elaborate traps and wait for our some plucky hero to spring them, just so that he can brag about what a genius he is. Unfortunately for von Laffworks, he is a chemist, and not an engineer; his traps usually have at least one fatal flaw in them, thus while he has been quite good at getting potential victims INTO the traps, keeping them there has been a challenge he has not been up to.

Still, he has avoided capture, and been a frequent thorn in the side of any and all law enforcers, often fancying himself as their rival. He often tries to capture them alive so as to use in his twisted experiments, usually involving human laughter because....well he's not to sure to be honest, and psychoanalysts believe he is simply a fetishist. Most of those psychoanalysts have ended up laughing themselves to death, either a bad case of Nitrous oxide poisoning, or a severe feathering of their tootsies.

His capture alive is seen as an absolute must, as it is suspected there is a larger, more powerful force behind the good doctor....

Scribbles

Nice character Featherfall, he looks like he'll be fun to RP with! And I love his costume, it suits his bio so nicely.
AA and OO

RedEve

Yes, Featherfall volunteered to play one of the henchmen and I happily agreed. :)

The main villain will initially be a mystery, the kind who pulls the strings from behind the scenes. The girls will mostly have to deal with his henchmen, at least early on in the thread. I intend to NPC a few more of those henchmen - and an endless supply of goons for the girls to dispose of. ;)

Scribbles

Can't wait! I'm dying to see what you and Featherfall cook up.

I managed to get my hands on the Danger Girl comics today and they've just psyched me up for the RP so much.
AA and OO

RedEve

Quote from: Scribbles on December 29, 2010, 04:29:55 PM
I managed to get my hands on the Danger Girl comics today and they've just psyched me up for the RP so much.

They are a lot of fun. :)

Perhaps Johnny Barracuda will make a cameo appearance...  :P

RedEve

Lots of great Danger Girl art out there. :)

Now in terms of how we will proceed. Once I start the thread, I'd like each of you to make a post that describes what the girls are doing at the time of their recruitment. They will then each be approached by a "recruiter". After that we can focus on their first mission together, during which they can get acquainted. :)

Scribbles

Quote from: RedEve on December 29, 2010, 04:34:53 PM
Perhaps Johnny Barracuda will make a cameo appearance...  :P

Just an idea but wouldn't it be more fun if the RP found someone willing to play a character like Johnny as opposed to having the actual Johnny himself appear?

Such a hefty dollop of egotism might just be the cherry on the cake for the Danger Girl atmosphere.
AA and OO

RedEve

I'll consider it. We don't need him to make an appearance right away anyway. ;)

Scribbles

So curious as to what you have planned.
AA and OO

RedEve

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=93432.0

IC thread posted

Now then, all of your character sheets have been approved.
Your first IC post should focus on what they were doing right prior to their recruitment. They could be on a mission, or just plucking navel fluff out of their belly button whilst watching TV. :P

At the end of the post, a package should arrive for them, containing a 1st class plane ticket to Monaco and a note containing GPS coordinates and a date and time:
+43° 44' 7.82", +7° 25' 19.61"
April 1st 2011, 2 PM

The game itself will start in late March of 2011.

Featherfall, for your first IC post, I'd like for you to contact me in PMs. If you'd like, we can include "Snow White" in your introduction. ;)

TheVillain

Idea for a villain I may toss in.

Name: Unknown, but is confirmed to speak German at a skill level that seems on par with a native speaker.
Alias: 'The Bastard'
Appearence:

Abilities: The man known only as 'The Bastard' has left behind DNA samples before, and testing reveals he may have lesser versions of both Congenital Analgia AND Harlequin's Disease. It's theorized that as a result his body only registers pain in an academic sense and his skin is significantly tougher then a normal person's. Enough that it actually functions as a sort of natural body armor, if weak on its own- it couldn't stop a bullet but it's quite possible he won't even register a punch from a normal person. How this effects his appearance is unknown as he's taken to wearing garish body paint when in action to hide the disfigurement that these two conditions do to his body and to frighten opponents. Is believed to have had genetic treatments to improve his immune system as well.
Mentally, he's not considered particularly intelligent but he is crafty and witty. His fighting style seems at home in mosh pits and bar brawls but surviving opponents describe something on par with the world's most advanced martial arts forms, plus he gladly uses his environment and items around him to his advantage. His tactics usually are based heavily in causing as much chaos as possible and watching for opportunities to take advantage of the chaos. All in all, he doesn't look exactly friendly and in combat he's even more dangerous then he looks.

Bio: Largely unknown at this point, as there's evidence of heavy editing and deleting of medical and personal files when evidence is gathered on him. First definite sightings are in the German Industrial/Dark Techno/Punk/Death Metal scene where he is sighted as gleefully taking command of the mosh pits. Seeming to gear his life around drinking, drugs, music, and sex- all funded by using his skills and abilities as a mercenary for the highest bidder. Feeling no loyalty to anyone but himself he sees his life as one big party- if one where the occasional partier dying is completely normal.

Agents are advised to get creative with the Bastard as his combat abilities are considered borderline supernatural. He loves the chaos of battle, and he's really good at it. Fortunately, he's proved to be bribable in the past- if expensive and perverse- and he probably still is. He's not a true believer in anybody but a mercenary in the truest sense of the word.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

RedEve

RubySlippers: I tried to PM you but you seem to have that function turned off.

Are you still interested in this thread? I haven't heard back from you since you posted your CS. :)

RubySlippers

Its been the holidays I work ALOT during major holidays and Christmas - New Years Eve is nuts. I'll post something later.

RedEve

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 01, 2011, 12:43:12 PM
Its been the holidays I work ALOT during major holidays and Christmas - New Years Eve is nuts. I'll post something later.

No rush, just wanted to make sure you were still on board, since you're the only one I couldn't reach by PM. ;)