Mafia Murder Theater: A Midsummer Night's Dream [CLOSED FOR SIGNUPS!]

Started by desert ashes, August 29, 2010, 02:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

Mafia Murder Theater: The Casting of A Midsummer Night's Dream

For the second time in fifty years since the grand de Chantal Theater has opened its doors, living down the rumors of deadly scandal and deceit, a new set of investors has come calling to budding thespians.  Had the city forgotten how death and plague had once claimed the lives of those on the stage?  Perhaps the new generation of thespians and investors would not remember -- or perhaps it would simply do to liven up the marketing.  Who could resist the temptations of a potentially haunted theater?  All seemed to be going well for the owners of de Chantal Theater as they opened their doors and posted the next casting call -- suitably, of course, for A Midsummer Night's Dream. 

Yet, as the auditions unraveled and directors went behind closed doors, it seemed all was not well for the budding cast and crew of the theater.  Death was once more entering from stage left, his glinting scythe in hand and summoned at the call of the Understudies who felt nothing more than the lingering blood and star lust.  Who ever remembered the Understudies?  Primary roles were a rare chance ... unless, of course, their competition happened to exit stage left as nothing more than a shell of what they arrived in. 

The Mafia Murder Theater is open for players!  Inspired by the scandalously delicious Mafia games in Valerian's Vault and Mafia Madness, welcome to Mafia Murder Theater!  I'm accepting up to sixteen players for this theater inspired Mafia game and welcome those who are already familiar with Mafia or have yet to try but would love to get their hands dirty.

If you're interested in joining, simply reply here or send me a message!

Cast and Crew
1. Xandi
2. Kyrsa
3. Remiel
4. Marikir
5. The Unholy Potato
6. Aiden
7. Lucius Cornelius
8. Valerian
9. Imogen
10. Leorobin
11. Lypiphera
12. Marguerite

For those unfamiliar with how the game is played, here is a sample round:

Act One - Day
After all the special roles having been privately assigned and the first murder (of an NPC) is revealed, the Cast and Crew gather to make the first vote on who they would like to see in the role of the Producer.  Once that is settled, the voting turns to who they believe the treacherous Understudies are.  Voting should take no more than three days.  If there is a tie, the Producer steps in.  One the voting is done, the results are revealed (whether good or bad) and all retire for the evening to give the Understudies their time and chance to strike.

Act One - Night
During this time is when the Understudies select their target, the Stage Manager may learn the identity of one of the Cast and Crew, the Director selects their target to protect, and the Props Manager may elect to poison a target.  Once all matters are said and done, the night concludes. 

Act Two - Day
The new victim(s) is revealed and voting commences again.  Repeat into Act Two - Night and so on. 

The Cast and Crew

Thespians (Innocents): The main core of the Cast and Crew, they are under siege from the Understudies (Thespians gone wrong) who are determined to eliminate their competition and secure their starring roles.  As a whole the Thespians must work together to discover and eliminate the Understudies before it's too late. 

Understudies (Villains): A minority group of the Thespians, they are working in secret to bring down the Thespians.  Only the Understudies know who each other is and they must work together with their plots and schemes if they mean to win the spotlight. 

Producer (Judge): The Producer is elected at the beginning of the game by all the players.  Their function is to be the deciding factor should lynch voting come to a tie. 

Director (Guardian): Among the Thespian lurks the Director.  Once a night the Director chooses someone to protect from the Understudies.  If they choose correctly, the Understudies' target is saved for that evening.  The Director may also elect to save themselves, but may only do so once.   They can only target the same person twice in a row before needing to elect to save someone else. 

Stage Manager (Seer): Once a night the Stage Manager can target someone to learn of their true identity.  It is their responsibility to attempt to help the Thespians and sway the opinions with the truths that they glean.  However, they may not want to reveal their own true position, for a known Stage Manager could easily equate to a dead Stage Manager. 

Props Manager (Alchemist): Once a game the Props Manager may elect to target anyone within the group.  Their decision must be made within the Night round and done so before the start of a new day.  They only have one chance, however, and their target can be saved if they are being protected by the Director. 

Guidelines and Rules

:: Private Messages can be exchanged but they must also be CC'd to Moirae.  You're encouraged to privately plot and see what information you can glean from Private Messages, as well as see what kind of dirty misguidance you can weave.

:: Any special roles that are assigned (outside of Producer as that is an elected position) should remain private and privileged information. 

:: Players will be encouraged to vote as soon as they can.  If for some reason you are going to be delayed more than two or three days, please let Moirae know as soon as possible. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

Me....Me....Me, Pick me I want to be in the play again......giggles

Just in case you need a clearer answer. I am interested and would like to play again. smiles widely...goes to look over lines for a Midsummer Night's Dream

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Kye

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Marikir

I've enjoyed the few games of this I've played in the past.  So...sure!  Sign me up!

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

The Unholy Potato

Please do sign me up, Miss Moirae. Even if I'm not an actor, I'm sure I can play a part!

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Aiden

Lucius Cornelius

Valerian

I'll play if there's room.  :)

I'd rather not be an understudy again, though.  It's too stressful.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

Quote from: Valerian on August 31, 2010, 09:12:47 AM
I'll play if there's room.  :)

I'd rather not be an understudy again, though.  It's too stressful.

Valerian you were a great understudy. I loved how you fooled everyone (me). I can't wait to play again.

Huggles

peteythegreat

"I will take it..."

"Though I do nor know the way"

Or, if you're not familiar with Frodo Baggins, I'd like to join this RP please, but I haven't played this type before ^_^

desert ashes

Welcome to the stage, Lucius and Val. ;)

Petey, since you're not approved I won't be able to accept you into the game as accessing PMs is needed.  However, I have you noted down and in the event you're approved before we begin, I'll add you to the roster. =)
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Lypiphera

As a real life Thespian (*Ahem* I WAS Hermia in AMSND *flicks hair*) and sometime understudy this sounds right up my....erm... stage? *grin*

I too am yet to be approved but if you could keep me in mind while I train in Etiquette, balancing books on my head and proper tea pouring (and all those other things one must learn before one can be considered a lady!) I'd be very grateful!

Hopefully i'll be approved soon enough to join in with your dramatic venture!

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

I'd love to join, Moirae! I greatly enjoyed the previous one! And also, belated and mad props to Valerian for playing a devilish understudy!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Welcome to the stage, Imogen. :-)

A few more sign ups and we'll be able to begin!
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

I'm not entirely sure if I should be grateful to be called devilish or not.  ;)  But thanks!

*discreetly hides the distinctly mischievous-looking new avatar*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lypiphera

Thanks for adding me as a maybe, fingers crossed I should be with you soon :D

Remiel

Yes, Valerian was a most masterful manipulator in that last game. Kudos!

Also, Val, love the new avatar, even if I feel like she's stalking me.  :o

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

You do have a rather mischievous (and insanely beautiful) avatar, Val... ::Hums wickedly.::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin