WulvenGuard Interest check -WIP-

Started by Vengurd, November 17, 2010, 10:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vengurd

HISTORY

The world is chaotic, great evils fill it, magic is a disaster, war plagues the land  and after many years of death, cities burned, broken, the last great kingdoms scramble for some way to save what they can. Top advisers argue, servants plot in hushed whisper, wizards and mages scowl upon the world.

Wolf companion Vindorin came up with a solution that quieted the servants, pacified the advisers, set the wizards and mages to looking in wonder. The end of the great kingdoms was nigh, there was no denying the fact. There was no place untouched by the wars. There was one place however that had been a constant to the light, this one place was chosen, it was already attuned to magical abilities, had large, deep forests and rolling plains and natural defenses, rivers skirting the borders, broken cliffs, there was no other place better. Home of the wolves and once a peaceful garden for an ancient leader, it soon became a bastion of safety, many flocking to within the borders of the new hope.

A single month and the borders were closed, blocked; walled off both materially and magically, guards ruthlessly patrolling the borders. The only beings capable to pass over the borders being the flying beings; Dragons who left the world to it's own devices unless bonded to a mortal who chose a side. The Bastion was named Wulvenguard, the border Patrols quickly given the same name. The Guards dwindled but the requirements grew in both number and difficulty, making up for the lesser numbers. The rest of the military set to protect the various new cities deep within the borders and to protect the gates, each one made of solid steel, dragon scales forming the core, the whole being magically reinforced, the natural magical properties of the land slowly fusing all the protection into one solid piece that could be swung open from the inside. The outside world descended further into chaos, the inside world prospering, order finally settling in. Dragons flew over and into Wulvenguard than, saying only that it was less conflicted here when bothering to communicate.

A single mountain rose up in Wulvenguard, it had a beauty of it's own, the grass of the rolling plains reaching right up to the slopes of the mountain and climbing up the base. This is where the Dragons chose to nest, choosing to remain within Wulvenguard than to return to the outside world. Not all dragons entered Wulvenguard and not all that entered remained, though a fair number did. The Dragons of Wulvenguard were of a more peaceful nature and their descendants showed this, shrinking in size, and bonding with the humans who resided in Wulvenguard more easily, naturally inclined to bond leaders and soldiers, just as the Wolves, though the Wolves bonded a wider variety than Dragons.

I know its not much, its an older concept and I have to remember most if not all of the relevant information as I only had one paper. The map. I am tired right now so this is where I will leave off and attempt to work in this more next time I am on.

LittleKitten

Gladiator0161

Chromatose

Vengurd

Nice, glad to see some interest. I may leave the history as is and focus on other factors. Such as plot and character creation.

Chromatose

Excellent. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on this.   :D