News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hunting the cat.

Started by Chrystal, June 30, 2010, 04:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woegman

Edmund looked to Annabelle and cocked his head, his question plain on his face.  Should we let her leave?  He mouthed softly, as the woman stood, and then he strode with her towards the door.

"Certainly," he said in a voice that bespoke confidence he certainly did not feel, "We wouldn't want to keep a lady of your stature over long.  Do let us know if you can think of anything pressing to our case, won't you?"

He reached the door before she could, and made a show of readying to open it, as he glanced back at Annabelle for a hint of what he should do next.

Aviva

As Edmund and Kathy moved to the door and Edmund glanced to her, Annabelle nodded her head firmly. Even if she suspected her of some form of ill doing there was currently no evidence to suggest other wise and she should be easily enough able to track down should evidence turn up. Her gaze moved tot he stack of documents that had been placed into her hands while the unpredictable meeting had been happening her interest currently being more there than any where else. She just hoped she would get enough time to be able to over look them without any interference from any body else.

She curtsied politely in Kathy's direction , her head bobbing in a curtly nod as she lowered her head in what hopefully appeared to be appropriate for their varying ranks even within the female confines of male egos and fear.
Back from a very long break.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

Chrystal

Kathy smiled politely as Worthington moved to the door with her. She suddenly had a very bad feeling. This had not been a good idea. She had learned nothing of any real value, and she may just have given away far too much.

Some silent signal passed. She could tell that, and Worthington opened the door. She inclined her head to him in thanks, and returned Annabelle's courtesy with a nod. "I will be sure to stay in touch!" She murmured as she left. Heading for her carriage which was being held by one of the uniformed Peelers. And pigs will fly! She thought to herself. It was time for "Katherine Lake" to take an extended vacation...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Aviva

Once Kathy had left Annabelle sighed with relief before reaching out and accepting the various documents from Edmund's hands. Though he was not truly passing them too her then uttered something under her breath as she gazed out of the window.

"Have a few of your constables follow her. I would suggest more than one and some of the ones who are naturally sly. "

The order though obvious could now only come from Edmund, if she tried to approach them and request such they may refuse her and valuable minutes lost. While she waited on Edmund to make the order she started to look at the documents. Holding black and white pictures of what had been stolen, the only thing that truly caught her attention was the doll. The jewelry she understood but the doll? Why would one with such funds like Lady Mitchell have something as ugly at that? Perhaps sentimental reasons and it held some sway over another in such a way?  That made no sense but then people had killed for far less and far stranger reasons.

Looking up through the window once more she saw a few of the constables start leaving the premises to pursue Kathy. Unfortunately most of them were far too obvious she felt. Though she was hopeful a couple would keep track of her down to a area. She had a idea, slipping upstairs she stripped out of skirt and blouse. Briefly browsing through Lady Sandra outfit in what appeared to be a wardrobe room she slipped into some of her more basic clothing. though even that was fr more better quality that she could ever imagine.

The dark blue shirt molded to ehr upper body nicely while the several layer dark navy skirt built out her frame giving her a bigger bottom and thighs. The jacket was odd at the shoulders, extra fabrics seemingly filled into them giving her a larger build. She pulled out what looked to be a simple shawl and slipped her hat, and glasses off. She waited until Edmund came up stairs before opening the door suddenly and stepped out.

"I am hoping you can handle it from here Edmund. I am going to look into our unwelcome guest. "

Without waiting for him to answer she moved down the stairs but passed him the documents back.

"See what you can find out about this doll please."

Moving down the stairs rapidly and out of the house she moved in the direction Kathy Lake's carriage had been pointing where one constable remained.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

Edmund stood there, holding the doll, dumbfounded by Annabelle's amazing change in appearance.  Inwardly, he was quite jealous of the girl and her boundless talents.  As good an actor as he was, he reluctantly had to admit she was more a master of the craft than he could ever hope to be.  At times, it drove his ego mad, and at said times he might take out his frustration on her character, his "simple assistant", but the solid truth was that he envied her.  Her brilliance, her cunning, her skills.  And more than that...he found her irresistibly attractive.  That shamed him more than anything, and he felt the hint of a blush touch his cheeks.  It was ridiculous, of course - for one, their partnership would be ruined by anything approaching a relationship.  It was one thing to drag an "assistant" along into dangerous investigations, but a lover?  Socially, he'd be ridiculed, financially, he'd be ruined.  This was his one shot at greatness, her one shot at using her incredible talents at solving crime...he shook the thoughts from his head, and looked down at the doll.

"What the devil am I to do with this?" he muttered softly.  Rising, he went downstairs, and caught one of the constables still on site, a fresh man, by the looks of him.  He didn't remember the man from when he arrived earlier, but he hardly trusted his memory. 

"Say there, fellow," Edmund beckoned, drawing the man near, "Have a look at this, would you?  I've a theory, but for the prudence's sake...have you ever seen its like?"

The bobby looked at the photo, and gasped aloud.  Edmund's brow furrowed.

"Out with it, what is it man?" he demanded.

The constable pointed at the doll, then looked at Edmund amazed.

"I just came up from Dockside, sir - shift rotation.  I'm here coverin' Mackenzie's duty, bein' he's ill, sir."

"Jolly good," Edmund spat impatiently, "but what in blazes has that to do with anything?"

"Dintcha hear, sir?" the man asked, betraying a bit of his lower breeding through his words, "There was awful explosion down by the Thames, sir.  All wot was found after was a doll, a doll just like this one, sir.  It's at the station house, sir."

"Fetch me a carriage, then, man!" Edmund cried, waving the photo in the air, "To the constabulary!  The game is most definitely afoot!"

Chrystal

Kathy made no attempt to hide her movements. She knew she was being followed. Damn but those Peelers were clumsy. but she simply drove home. Her groom took care of the horse and buggy and she dismissed him for the evening.

Lake House had an interesting history. In the 16th century it was a parsonage. The church itself was burned during the reformation and never rebuilt, but one of the interesting aspects of the Protestant and Catholic monarchies' persecutions of each others' religions was the building of a lot of secret escape tunnels in parsonages.

Of course, this information had been carefully hidden and when her grandparents had purchased the house there had been no record of the secret passage anywhere. Kathy had stumbled upon it quite by accident one day when playing.

And so, she went about her normal evening routine, eating supper, having a brandy and reading, and then when it finally grew dark, she retired to bed. Any observer would see her oil lamp move from room to room, she even went to the bedroom window at one point, to open it slightly. It was a hot, muggy evening and she hoped the watchers were being plagued by mosquitoes coming off the lake in the grounds.

She moved to the bed, lay down and blew out the lamp. and rolled out of bed the other side. She dressed again in her "working clothes". Soft black shoes, black socks, black breeches, a black sweater of the type favoured by men who played that strange new sport of Rugby Football, and topped with a black cap. She took soot from the fireplace and rubbed it on her hands and face.

Then moving by touch alone, made her way carefully and quietly down into the library. The bookshelf at the far right was the one, furthest from the window. The book at the far right of the bottom shelf, "An exigency of convolutions pertaining to parallelism of the Schism", concealed the switch. The bookcase swung silently inwards and she stepped past it, allowing it to close behind her without a sound.

The other end of the tunnel was concealed within a disused barn - disused that is except for Nightmare, stabled there during the day. She smelt her mistress and snorted softly. "Good girl!" Kathy grinned. "We're going to our other place for a while. Would you like that?" She whispered softly to the black mare.

She muffled the horse's hooves with rags, something the mare was well used to. Her black leather pack was concealed within the straw and she pulled it onto her back, then cautiously pulled the barn door open. "Anyone about, girl?" she whispered. The horse snuffed softly, a sign that all was well, and Kathy mounted her bareback and rode silently off into the night.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Aviva

Annabelle had spent the next couple of hours following the directions of the constables. Though some where along the line either she had made a mistake or they did as she walked about the familiar streets in a circle then finding nothing she wished to seek she returned to her school. Opening the front door she had quickly moved to her office, opened her book of varying information of girls past and present. Finally she found the information she was looking for Kathy's old address. There was no guarantee that she would still be there but it was worth looking into. Finding a carriage the trip was quick to Kathy's house but all appeared dark.  When some time had passed in silence the driver began to grow bored and chatter.

"Are you looking for a friend."

"So to speak."

"I am surprised for any lady to bout alone after the goings on today. The lady, the explosion at the docks....You should not be out on ye own really Ma'am"

"What dock explosions?"

"Haven't ye heard? The docks got blown up surprised you missed the sounds..some street thug and those from across the sea involved so rumors say."

"Could you take me their immediately...please."

"But what about ye friend."

"I shall catch up with her soon enough I am sure. I shall pay extra if need be."

At the mention of being paid extra the man was quickly off leading towards the docks as fast as he could.

"I hope I am not too late...I shall skin him alive if he screws up..."

She muttered to herself quietly unheard by the driver as the horses struck the road and the sound of the whip striking thin air covered her voice.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

As his carriage pulled up outside the station house, Edmund swallowed a small lump of nervous apprehension.  He was not used to working without Annabelle - indeed, he never worked without her, and usually made some sort of excuse to wait for her during the times that they were separated.  He was masterful at making such excuses, and he wondered, now, as the carriage came to a halt, why he hadn't done so this time.  All he knew was that Annabelle had thought the doll important, and hearing that it was at the station house, he had an overwhelming feeling that it wouldn't be safe there...so he acted on instinct, to head off any one else who might try and intercept it.

His thoughts were interrupted as the excited bobby threw open the carriage door.

"This way, sir," he said, and Edmund leapt out of the carriage, following the bobby inside.  A moment later, the young, excitable young constable produced the doll, handing it to Edmund carefully.

"'Ere it is, sir," he said, a bit out of breath, "I just knew you'd think it important, sir...it's why I grabbed it, rather then let it be swept up with the rubbish, sir.  So, wot's it about, then, eh?"

Edmund looked at the doll, his face a portrait example of intense scrutiny and deduction; his mind, however, was another story.

"It's just a bloody clay doll," he thought to himself, as he pretended to look over it for clues as to its worth, "Why the devil does the girl think it so important?"

Still, who was he to question Annabelle?  She was the brains, and if she thought it important, he should to.  He wondered if he shouldn't head to the docks, to see if there was anything else there that might look important, more so, perhaps, than this silly doll.  Looking up at the constable, he changed his face to one of determined resolution.

"Now, now, Officer," he replied to the young bobby, stowing the doll away carefully in a hidden, inner pocket of his overcloak, "I hardly think we have time for a bit of show-and-tell.  Quickly, take me to the docks where you found this."

((Edited - I thought it was a rag doll, reread and saw it was clay.  Edited to make it match!))

Chrystal

Kathy rode through the night, until she came to a little hovel in the countryside. Wood smoke curled unseen from the chimney, and chickens clucked softly in the coop. A dog barked as she dismounted. "Hey Buster, come here!"

The dog trotted up and jumped up at her. She caught it's forepaws in her hands and ruffled it's ears. The door opened a crack and an older woman looked out. "Oh, it's you. Y'd be'er be comin' i'side then."

Kathy smiled. "Let me see to Nightmare first?"

"Okay, lass. T' stable's empty since Gretchen got sent t' glue fact'ry"

Kathy nodded. Gretchen had been an old mare, and the news didn't come as any surprise. She led Nightmare in and rubbed her down, then gave her some fresh hay. Then she turned and headed into the cottage. "Well, I've got myself in over my head this time, I think"

"Oh?" The older woman raised an eyebrow, but said nothing more until Kathy had finished telling what she knew, which wasn't much, and what she suspected, which was quite a bit. Then she got up and went into the kitchen. Kathy followed, and watched as the woman made a cup of tea for them both.

They went back into the front room and Kathy sat in one of the big, comfy arm chairs by the fire and sipped slowly. "Thanks, mum!"

Aviva

The carriage driver pushed the horses to the limit to get Annabelle to the docks as quickly as possible. As she left the carriage she slipped him what money she had on her thankful she had at least kept her purse. It was not too hard to see the chaos that ensued now as she looked at the docks her eyes narrowing into slits.

"This could mean absolutely nothing. It could mean something."She thought to herself as she made her way towards the largest gathering of constables in one place she had ever seen. None of them paid any attention to her of course and those that had seen her this morning did not recognize her under the rich ladies clothing.  Though this gave her the perfect time to slip about and observe without hindrance as they discussed what had been found so far. One rather over excitable constable mentioning a doll obviously a great monetary value was found and Edmund had it. "So the crimes are linked....but why?" She thought of the doll again and shuddered at the thought of it's odd appearance.

She counted several bodies in her quick scan of the area and she could smell the gunpowder every where. This was obviously not a accident. She moved further away from the constables now looking for one Detective in particular.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

Edmund's carriage careened towards the dock, stopping with a rear of the horses and the clatter of wheels on cobblestones.  He leapt from the carriage, his young constable friend in tow, and raised his arms towards the constables that turned towards the sound of the carriage.

"Fear not, my good men," he said loudly, "Edmund Worthington is on the case!"

A few of the constables clapped politely, a few more stood about staring, and a handful rolled their eyes.  Edmund ignored them all, scanning the gathered crowd for Annabelle, whom he suspected might have beaten him to the docks.  He had forgotten her outfit change, however, and so his eyes passed over her as she made her way through the crowd.

Edmund strolled up to the head constable, watching as the man laid out bits of waterlogged and burned bank notes.  Edmund gave a low whistle - there was a lot of money there.  Some sort of payout, perhaps?  What could have been worth such an enormous sum?  Curiouser and curiouser, he thought, and then he made his way over to the bodies.  Most were burned beyond recognition, but one was waterlogged, obviously drowned.

"Who's this one, then, where'd you find him?" he asked the constable, toeing the body with his left foot.

"Caught in a net downriver, along with several briefcases filled with newsprint, topped with bank notes, sir," the constable responded, "E's a local fence, name uv Justin Harkness.  Specializes...pardon, specialized, in fencin' stolen antiquities." 

Edmund furrowed his brow; why would anyone put a bank note atop a stack of newsprint?  He had no idea, but he bet Annabelle would.  As an official investigator on the case, he was allowed to take a stack of the newsprint with bank note, and put it in his pocket with the doll.  Now, if he could only find Annabelle, maybe they could start making sense of this mess.

Chrystal

((OOC - I'm going to leave you two to develope the action for a bit. Kathy's next appearance won't be until next morning))

Aviva

Annabelle during that time had managed to be able to sneak a look at the bodies that so far had been discovered, Those that did not appear to be of this country were badly burned and their deaths obvious. The other though was still wet where he lay and he appeared to have drowned more than burned. She looked at the devastation of the sight. The dock workers themselves would not had so much powder to have caused such destruction should a instance like this happen.  Someone else had to have set this up was the killers here or was there someone else involved in this crime and managed to get away. She was not sure that was actually possible.

She uncovered her face to look about the sight once more looking for Edmund.

"Where the hell is he? "

Thought it gave her time to consider how Kathy was to be dealt with. The fact that she appeared to have been avoiding being  followed suggested she was more involved in this case than she admitted to.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

At last, Edmund caught sight of Annabelle, and he rushed over to her, trying not to seem to eager.  When at last they were close enough to speak without being overheard, he excitedly pulled the doll and the packet of newsprint from his inner pocket.

"Looksie, Annabelle!" he whispered excitedly, "Clues!  I got them before anyone else made off with them - what luck, say?  I knew you'd want them, so I made sure to get them before anyone else had a chance to."

He handed the items to Annabelle, then furrowed his brow in concentration.

"Ugly little bit, innit?" he asked, regarding the doll, his lower-class true accent slipping a bit.  He heard it, winced ever so slightly.  Hanging around with all these bobbies made it a bit tougher to maintain his upper-class act.  Thankfully, it was a slip heard by no one but his employer.

"What do you make of all this?"

Aviva

Annabelle inwardly frowned and sighed in irritation as Edmund finally found her until he revealed the two pieces of evidence he had with him. Admittedly the fact that he had handled then in his pocket irked her greatly though for now she kept this feeling buried under the surace while she accepted the pair. The doll was actually in her opinion far uglier than the black and white picture had given it credit for. This puzzled her further as to why this particualr item was stolen when many items of far worthier value had been untouched.  She looked skyward and sighed silently a moment before looking at the second lot. Her eyes narrowed intently as she looked at the print hidden beneath the money.

"Is there anything else that we need to do here?"

She asked gently even though no one was near by to hear she felt saefer continuing their play especially in public. The line suggested that she currently had done what she could do until she had a closer look at the bodies recovered. Not something she could do in public but perhaps he had a couple of jobs to be pretended to be done.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

Edmund picked up her hint effortlessly - it was a routine they had practiced so often it was as second nature as breathing.  Raising an eyebrow and looking about, he made a show of considering everything and everyone that might take notice. 

"No, my dear Annabelle, I believe we have all we need."

He punctuated his sentence with a mysterious glare given to an observing street urchin; the child paled as if under suspicion, and inwardly Edmund chuckled.  He still had it, by God.  Turning, he stalked towards the carriage, and offered Annabelle a hand up.  Once they were inside, he gave the driver directions to their office, and they were on their way.  Shortly thereafter, he leaned in towards the girl.

"So?  What do you think?" he asked, more curious than he normally was.

Chrystal

Denny Lake turned and ran. The rozzers weren't after him, he knew that, but it felt like they were. That pig-faced one had given him such a look. He ran back to where his ma was waiting.

"Well, Denny? What's what?" She asked.

"The lass, she's def'ly t' one in charge, tha's fer shooer. An they fahnd a clay doll, loik. Ugry lil fing it were too. Lossa dead-uns too. One dey fished outa river. Looked a bit loik tha' bloke Justin wot Our Kaff sells 'er loot ta."

"Good lad, Denny. 'ere's a tanner." Ma Lake handed her youngest the coin and watched hem scarper off into the night, no doubt to buy backy or drink. She smiled. He was a right one that, Denny. She made her way home thoughtfully. Kathy would be very interested in what Denny had learned.

Aviva

She smiled faintly to Edmund as he offered her his hand and helped her into the carriage. As she settled down into the seat she looked closely at the ugly doll though nothing was obviously odd about it bar the feeling that it would of been the last thing any one would steal but it would appear that it was being offered in some type of exchange for money. She then glanced at the money and the similar sized pieces of news paper. She looked at a few of them trying to get a date though the words were not English but the date she found finally on one of the scraps. The date was for the day before.

One hand rose to stroke her neck lightly as she stared at the two pieces, the money itself was English. The foreigners would not need nor want English money but they would have use for the unknown news paper. Where as the man who appeared to have drowned had appeared English he would not need the scraps of paper but the money.

"I do not understand what the doll has anything to do with this but it would appear the  men that lacked English blood were trying to buy it from the drowned man though obviously they were trying to  hold back the agreed amount of money. Perhaps he had found out though I do not understand why he would of gone to the extent he may have by blowing up the docks as he did unless it was already planned. Perhaps he planned to back stab them but they managed it first. "

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

Edmund frowned and scratched at his head, raising his eyebrow quizzically.

"Devil if I know," he said, "Any idea of who the soggy sap may have been?  He had a bit of a look about him, one I've seen before..."

He puzzled over it for a moment, and then a look of realization washed over his face.  Smiling, he snapped his fingers.

"That's it!" he exclaimed, "I know that look well - it's one of a fellow dressed above his class; I could tell by the way the clothes fit, a bit too baggy, a bit too showy as well.  I'll lay good odds the gent was something of a foreman...either a crime boss or...yes, perhaps that's it!  A pawnbroker, bychance?"

He turned to Annabelle, to get her read on things.

Aviva

"Well the doll certainly did not get there by itself at all and judging from the size of him I doubt his weight would not have damaged the trellis beyond what it was. It took a light frame and a light foot. I am not sure he had either. So if he gained the doll it had to have been bought from the person that stole it..though I do not understand why the others sought this thing either."

She smiled lightly at Edmund for once it seemed genuine as he may have finally been able to be of true use to her rather than simply a image she needed to portray and use.

"We may actually make a detective out of you yet Edmund. How long until we get to the station with all this going on?"

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

"Go on," Edmund blushed with pride.  He found he actually liked being useful, even if it was only a bit, "Shan't be long now - they've done a marvelous job of keeping the street clear."

Edmund sat back in the carriage, pondering the feeling, and gave a studied look over Annabelle.

"It really is unfortunate, Ms. Annabelle," he said after a moment, "That you don't get the credit you deserve.  I know sometimes...well, often, I take that for granted.  But truth is...I'd still be an unknown actor without your brilliance.  You've given me my greatest role...and for that, I am thankful."

Edmund flushed.  He was not used to being openly thankful, but that feeling of appreciation, that feeling of worth, had inspired him.  He looked out the window, noting their location.

"Not far now...station house is just ahead," he said.

Aviva

Annabelle turned her head to openly stare in surprise at Edmund suddenly change of character. At first she could not tell whether he was simply staring in his grand role once more though the way his skin changed colour indicated that perhaps for once he was actually being genuine.

"It is not a true fault of yours Edmund. You do not make the differences in genders that is decided by those far and above us but maintained by all...at least out in the open. Though it is a pleasant situation to hear you say so, even if the circumstance is a extremely poor one."

She began to shift on the seat after what felt to be the strangest conversation with Edmund that she had ever had. It was rare for either to speak openly about the situation that surrounded them.

"I shall feel better when we get these things back to the station. Looks like we shall be working late tonight. At least it is Sunday tomorrow."

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

Edmund felt himself blush openly as the young woman stared at him.  It was true that he had always been somewhat of a cad, but the feeling of usefulness that was building in him made him realize how much he depended on the girl, and something in him needed it to be said.  He had not admitted it yet, but there was another reason he needed it to be said.

“No fault of mine, perhaps,” he consented, “but for once, I felt it needed to be said.  And to be honest…something frightens me about this case.  The brutality of it all, the extraordinary measures of violence over what…a doll?  I…I just wanted my appreciation to be spoken in case…”

He trailed off.  He’d never been very good at confronting his own mortality.  Words failed to come, but thankfully he was excused from having to speak further, as the carriage arrived at the station house.  He coughed, and turned away, embarrassed by the whole situation.  Just as quickly, though, he shifted gears, and resumed the mask of the confident, brilliant detective.

“We’ve arrived, Ms. Annabelle!” he announced over loud, so that the coachman could hear, “And soon, we shall have the clues we need to capture this fiend!  Come – let us away to the station house, and begin piecing this mystery together!”

Aviva

Annabella watched that the man before her changed back to the annoying pig that frustrated her all the time in less time that it would have taken for her to be able to click her fingers and summon a carriage herself. She realized suddenly that she did not quite know him fully bar what image he portrayed to one and all.  She had often wondered whether her enjoyed being able to and having the ability to make her feel a full one inch tall in height when he started one of his professional acts. The thought stayed for a second until the carriage pulled to a halt and she rose to her feet. She stepped down after him and was offered a hand as was the right style of etiquette at least here.

Though he had of course began walking ahead of her before she had truly found her feet on the ground and was in the station before she had the chance to count to five.

He walked abruptly to his large and in her opinion overly luxurious office. She placed the items down on his desk and then pulled her chair over so that she could settle. She pulled out a pair of glasses and looked at the paper first.

"Could you see if you can find out which language this paper is printed in for certain. I do not wish to make any forms of mistake. As for this doll..."

She rose back up and walked to her desk. She opened up several drawers until she found what she was looking for. A simple sewing kit. She placed a needle, thread and a shiny pair of delicate scissors on a piece of white cloth she had also retrieved.

On and Offs

Story Ideas

woegman

Edmund picked up the paper and rubbed his chin curiously.  He was not, of course, an expert linguist, but he did have a fairly wide exposure to written languages, thanks to his years on stage.  He studied it for a bit, trying to see if he could recognize any of the script.  There was something familiar about it, something...

"Aha!" he exclaimed, standing proudly, "That's it!" 

He rushed to his filing cabinet, flipping through stacks upon stacks of unsorted papers.  Then, finding what he was looking for, he drew out a piece of yellowing paper and rushed over excitedly to Annabelle.

"There!" he exclaimed, pointing.  The paper was a copy of a theater playbill.  It was written in the same language as that on the paper, and in small print, near the bottom of the bill, was Edmund's name.

"It's from a role I did with a touring company," he said, puffing up proudly, "This one was in Romania.  The printer fouled up and put the names in the wrong order; I should have had top billing, of course...but alas, foreign help, you know?"