Microsoft Word 2013 questions.

Started by Blinkin, January 04, 2016, 08:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinkin

Hello All, and thanks in advance for any advice that may be offered.

I'm new to using Word 2013, up from Word XP. I hate the ribbon, but I'm trying to figure it out.

Two questions come to mind, and I hope someone can tell me, step by step, and in terms that an idiot like me can understand, how to make a couple of changes to the default settings. Selecting things in the ribbons apparently won't even save to individual documents.

1. I want to change the default print view to Draft view. It's simply easier for me to work with and feels familiar to me. When I select it, and save a document, the document reopens in print again.

2. I want to open directly to a new document when I open Word, not the screen with the seemingly endless list of types of pages.

Anyone able to help me?

Thanks
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Song

1. http://wordribbon.tips.net/T009318_Making_Draft_View_the_Default_View.html (Not sure if this works. Never tried to do this myself)

2. Create a blank document so that you can access the application’s menu, and then choose File > Options > General.

At the bottom of the Options window is a section labeled “Start Up Options.” Here, uncheck the box for “Show the Start screen when this application starts.” Press OK when you’re done to save your change, then close the Office 2013 application and re-launch it.

If you want to do the same for the rest of your Office, it requires some RegEdit jiggerypokery, so I'll not get to that unless you want me to.
My RP requests: Join the Space gldiators in Requiem For Mankind

O/O

Blinkin

Thanks, I'll look at these and give it a try. :)

Don't suppose that you know a way to make Outlook easier to deal with? lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.