Recruitment - "Kill The Bad-guy, Rescue The Girl, Save The World!" PF Campaign

Started by Blinkin, August 16, 2017, 07:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Psst...   You've allready got two, Snake, but if I'm mistaken you're the only rogue.  I'd put my money on that one!

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Snake

Muse

Oh!  lol  :) 

Blinkin, do yuo have a momnet to clarify something? 

You said that the 18 can't go into the atribute that gets your racial +2? 

If  I have a 17 from my dice, may I put that in my racial +2 atribute?  Or is maximum starting ability score at first level 18? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

The only restriction on the ability scores involves the given 18. That score cannot be improved via racial ability score modification. It can be reduced, if you really want to do that, but no higher.

If you rolled an 17 or 18, you can use the racial mod on that score. I would prefer that characters don't get a 20 in an ability score, but it's up to the player. Personally, I don't see how that little increase will make a significant difference in the character's power and I would rather see the character overall more balanced, but players will do what they do.

On another note, I want to thank everyone for your character(s) submissions. Not a few of them have fasenating backstories and they are all interesting and unique. I'll begin to selectcharacters later tonight and have them sometime tomorrow. I'm sorry that not all of the characters could be accepted, but I just can't handle a party of that size.

Good luck to everyone and may the best... errr... creature win!
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Muse

History for my druid.  I'm quite pleased with it! 

I should be able to get the sheet up before long too!

My family are staunch worshipers of Adbar.  A small town banker, my father is both prosperous and a formidable duelist in the taldane style.  He began instructing me when I was 7, and said I was a good student. 

By age thirteen my future ans a wealthy banker and sword master was starting to go wrong.  I developed a cough that wouldn't go away.  I kept getting weaker, too.  The nurse at the temple of Adbar identified my condition as Consumption, also called Tuberculosis.  The high priest accepted a rich donation from my father and prayed three days for me to be healed... 

I kept coughing. 

It was determined that it was not Adbar's will that I be healed by divine magic, and my family turned away both the hedge witch and the priestess of Saranrae who offered their magic on my behalf. 

I was sent to a town high in the mountains, where it was believed that the think, clean air was good for consumption.  The town only had a few hundred people, and a full third of us suffered as I did.  We slept on the porches outside where the mountain air could do it's work.  Elves brought us herbal  medicines, and occasionally a mendicant priest passed through to offer what healing magic they could. 

Usually, it worked.  But there were few of them.  I was a strong young man, able to practice archer and even some light hunting with the elves.  I was always a lower priority than the very young, or those on the brink of death. 

Slowly, through medicine, exercise, youthful vigor, and good mountain air, I began to grow stronger.  The neighbors said that I was going to be one of the lucky ones who recovered.  They encouraged me, but from a distance, chiding me to keep clean lest the foul rot pass to me again from their lungs. 

By sixteen, I thought I might not only live to see my eighteenth birthday, but I might leave here that day. 

Maybe I didn't listen hard enough.  Didn't wash often enough.  Didn't pray hard enough.  Maybe I should have walked in the woods more, or less. 

In my sixteenth year, the Consumption resurged with a vengeance.  As it grew worse and worse, we began to doubt I'd live to see seventeen.  Confronted with mortality like never before, I focused on the things I loved the most, and tried to do them as often as I could. 

I walked in the woods. 

I fired the elven bow.  I gathered berries, took wildflowers to the girls. 

Too weak to go home one night, I fell into a patch of clover, coughing fitfully.  I curled up in pain, wondered if I would see the dawn.  IN the moonlight, an old man approached me.  I could not see his face, only the beautiful bow he carried unstrung as if a walking stick.  “Do you know who I am, child?” 

I could barely speak, but I got the words out.  “Holy Erastil...” I managed.  “I am honored...  That you would guide me...” 

“Hush, lad.   No one is dying tonight.”  The divinity crouched over me and smoothed my hair.  “Your father sold your soul to Adbar before you were born.  With Adbar, always it is commerce, everything for price, supply and demand, the gold must flow.” 

Erastil touched me on the forehead then, and there was a soft light.  It eased my pain, cleared my breathing, strengthened my limbs, then, finally... 

I sat up, healed. 

The god was gone, but there was a wooden medallion of his faith in my lap, engraved with these words.  “You owe me nothing.  Pay it forwards.” 

indarkestknight

Enthralling Victor

Enthralling Victor
Male human swashbuckler (dashing thief) 5
CG Medium humanoid (human)
Init +6 (+4 without panache); Senses Perception +7

Defense

AC 19, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+2 armor, +1 deflection, +4 Dex, +1 dodge, +1 shield)
hp 44 (5d10+10)
Fort +4, Ref +9, Will +3 (+5 vs charms & compulsions)

Offense

Speed 30 ft.
Melee +12 +1 rapier (1d6 + 6 + 5 precision / 15-20)
Melee +11 masterwork cestus (1d4 + 1 + 5 precision / 17-20)
Melee +10 shortspear (1d6 +1 + 5 precision / 19-20)
Ranged +10 shortspear (1d6 + 1 + 5 precision / 19-20)

Statistics

Str 13, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 17
Base Atk +5; CMB +6 (+12 with rapier); CMD 20
Feats Fencing Grace, Natural Charmer, Power Attack, Racial Heritage (dhampir), Weapon Focus (rapier)
Skills Acrobatics +9 (2 ranks), Bluff +13 (+14 vs characters that are or could be attracted to him) (5 ranks), Climb +5 (1 rank), Diplomacy +13 (+14 vs characters that are or could be attracted to him) (5 ranks), Intimidate +7 (1 rank), Knowledge (religion) +2 (2 ranks), Linguistics +1 (1 background rank), Perception +6 (2 ranks), Perform (dance) +11 (5 background ranks), Perform (acting) +10 (4 background granks), Sense Motive +5 (1 rank), Swim +5 (1 rank)
Traits Charming, Irrepressible
Languages Common, Goblin
SQ charmed life 3/day, deeds (bold thief, dazing charm, derring-do, dodging panache, kip up, opportune parry and riposte, precise strike, swashbuckler initiative, thief's confidence), panache, rogue talents (weapon training), silver tongued, swashbuckler’s finesse
Combat Gear potion of cure light wounds, acid (2), alchemist's fire (2), tanglefoot bag (2); Other Gear [/i]+1 armored kilt[/i], masterwork buckler, +1 rapier, masterwork cestus (2), cold iron rapier, silver rapier, shortspear (5), boots of the winterlands, cloak of resistance +1, ring of protection +1, fighter's kit, 80 gp, 9 sp, 10 cp.

Born to humble beginnings, blessed with charm, but with very little else beyond loving parents, Victor sold himself into indentured servitude in order to support his family when his mother became victim to a mysterious illness.

Not long after, a mysterious woman, a she-devil with a sword and hair like flames, judged him as having great potential as a gladiator and pit fighter. In exchange for her mentorship, he swore an oath to her that when he was a free man, he would someday owe her a favor. Under her grueling tutelage, he was forged into a blade. His indentured servitude took him farther from home than he'd ever dreamed before he was finally able to earn his freedom in the arena by sweat and blood. Now, far from home, he works as a sellsword and pit fighter as he spans distant lands to return home to his family.

His mentor disappeared after his final match as an indentured servant, and what favor she will ask, he doesn't know – but he is certain that when the time comes, she will find him.

Victor smiles, winks, and flirts easily, and despite his appearance, is just as willing to solve problems with his charm and silver tongue as he is with his swordarm.

His mentor impressed on him as deeply as swordplay was the importance of upholding oaths, particularly those to slay his adversaries, forbidding him from uttering such words in any match. As a result, he very rarely gives his word if he can avoid it, only swearing an oath of any stripe when he either has no recourse or when he is absolutely committed. Once his word is given, he will do everything in his power to see it through.

During his time under his mentor, she occasionally let slip that she followed a goddess named Scathatch, whom she sometimes called the Red Goddess, and he suspects that perhaps her devotion to the goddess is tied to how seriously she takes oaths. He seeks out greater knowledge of this goddess, but thus far has discovered very little.

Victor considers himself heterosexual. In theory, he may be slightly bisexual, but functionally heterosexual; men of the type he would be attracted to are vanishingly rare, to the point where he's never actually met one.

Muse

Update on my druid application! 

Update on my druid application! 

Name:      Christoph Ardjen
Player:      Muse
Alignment:   Neutral Good
Class:      Druid 5
EXP:      10,000   
Next Level:   15,000
Faith:      Erastil
Race:      Human
Concept:      Charitable Healer 

Birthday:   17th Day of the 1st Month   
height:      5'5"
Weight:      135lbs
Build:       Slender and soft skinned with andogynous beauty. 

Skin:      Surprisingly fair, full lipped. 
Hair:      Shoulder length white gold. 
Eyes:      Green. 
Style:      In town, Christoph dons the attire of a young gentleman, romantic and a bit effeminate with only the taldane dueists tools to suggest he is anything but a young dandy.  For travel or war, he transforms his attire with brown leather trowers, black riding boots, and an armored shirt of deep green leaves. 
History:   My family are staunch worshipers of Adbar.  A small town banker, my father is both prosperous and a formidable duelist in the taldane style.  He began instructing me when I was 7, and said I was a good student. 
   By age thirteen my future ans a wealthy banker and sword master was starting to go wrong.  I developed a cough that wouldn't go away.  I kept getting weaker, too.  The nurse at the temple of Adbar identified my condition as Consumption, also called Tuberculosis.  The high priest accepted a rich donation from my father and prayed three days for me to be healed... 

I kept coughing. 

It was determined that it was not Adbar's will that I be healed by divine magic, and my family turned away both the hedge witch and the priestess of Saranrae who offered their magic on my behalf. 

I was sent to a town high in the mountains, where it was believed that the think, clean air was good for consumption.  The town only had a few hundred people, and a full third of us suffered as I did.  We slept on the porches outside where the mountain air could do it's work.  Elves brought us herbal  medicines, and occasionally a mendicant priest passed through to offer what healing magic they could. 

Usually, it worked.  But there were few of them.  I was a strong young man, able to practice archer and even some light hunting with the elves.  I was always a lower priority than the very young, or those on the brink of death. 

Slowly, through medicine, exercise, youthful vigor, and good mountain air, I began to grow stronger.  The neighbors said that I was going to be one of the lucky ones who recovered.  They encouraged me, but from a distance, chiding me to keep clean lest the foul rot pass to me again from their lungs. 

By sixteen, I thought I might not only live to see my eighteenth birthday, but I might leave here that day. 

Maybe I didn't listen hard enough.  Didn't wash often enough.  Didn't pray hard enough.  Maybe I should have walked in the woods more, or less. 

In my sixteenth year, the Consumption resurged with a vengeance.  As it grew worse and worse, we began to doubt I'd live to see seventeen.  Confronted with mortality like never before, I focused on the things I loved the most, and tried to do them as often as I could. 

I walked in the woods. 

I fired the elven bow.  I gathered berries, took wildflowers to the girls. 

Too weak to go home one night, I fell into a patch of clover, near a white rose bush, coughing fitfully.  I curled up in pain, wondered if I would see the dawn.  IN the moonlight, an old man approached me.  I could not see his face, only the beautiful bow he carried unstrung as if a walking stick.  “Do you know who I am, child?” 

I could barely speak, but I got the words out.  “Holy Erastil...” I managed.  “I am honored...  That you would guide me...” 

“Hush, lad.   No one is dying tonight.”  The divinity crouched over me and smoothed my hair.  “Your father sold your soul to Adbar before you were born.  With Adbar, always it is commerce, everything for price, supply and demand, the gold must flow.” 

Erastil touched me on the forehead then, and there was a soft light.  It eased my pain, cleared my breathing, strengthened my limbs, then, finally... 

I sat up, healed. 

The god was gone, but there was a wooden medallion of his faith in my lap, engraved with these words.  “You owe me nothing.  Pay it forwards.” 

Ability Score      Score (Mod)   Temporary (Mod)      
Strength   14   +2      Movement:   30      
Dexterity   20   +5
Constitution   8   -1
Intelligence   16   +3            
Wisdom      18   +4      Initiative:   d20+5   
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points:   28

Armor Class:   21   (Armor +4, Dexterity +5, Shield +2)
   Armor: (+1 Leaf Armor, ACP -0, Max Dex +5)
   Shield: +1 Darkwood Buckler (ACP -0)
Special Defenses:

Saving Throws:    B.   A.   Nat.   Magic   =Total
Fortitude      4   -1   +0   +0   =d20+3
Reflex         1   +5   +0   +0   =d20+6
Will         4   +4   +1   +0   =d20+9

Base Attack Bonus:   +3
Melee:      +5
Missile:   +8   
CMB:      +5
CMD:      20

Attacks: 
+1 Composite Longbow (+2 Strength)
   Attack Roll   d20+9
   Damage Roll   d8+3
   Critical   20 x3
   Range      110
   Amo      60

Dagger (Mosty a Tool)

+1 Falcata
   Attack Roll   d20+6
   Damage Roll   d8+3
   Critical   19-20 x3

Class Features: 
Armor Proficiency: Light and medium, shields. 
   Code of conduct: No metal armor. 
Aura of Good
Favored Class: +5 Hit Points
Nature Bond: Animal Companion Ridgewalker the Mountain Lion
Nature Sense
Orisons
Resist Nature's Lure
Trackless Step
Weapon Proficiencies: Druid Traditional, Simple
Wild Empathy: d20+6
Wild Shape 1/day
Woodland Stride

Feats:
Craft Magic Arms and Armor
Point Blank Shot
   Precise Shot

Languages: 
   Common, Elven, Orcish, Sylvan

Racial Abilites: 
   Military Tradition (Falcata, Longbow): Several human cultures raise all children (or all children of a certain social class) to serve in the military or defend themselves with force of arms. They gain proficiency with up to two martial or exotic weapons appropriate to their culture. This racial trait replaces the bonus feat trait.
   Skilled

Skills: 
Climb         5   +3   +2   +0   +0   =d20+10
Craft: Bowyer/Fletcher   5   +3   +3   +0   +2=d20+13
Craft: Woodworker   5   +3   +3   +0   +2   =d20+13
Fly         5   +3   +5   +0   +0   =d20+13
Handle Animal      5   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+11
Heal         5   +3   +4   +0   +2   =d20+14
Kn. Nature      5   +3   +3   +2   +0   =d20+13
Percpetion      5   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+12
Spellcraft      5   +3   +3   +0   +0   =d20+11
Survival      5   +3   +4   +2   +0   =d20+14
Total Armor Check Penalty: -0

Traits
Ease of Faith: +1 Will Save
Focused Mind: +2 Concentration

Divine Spells:
3rd Level   DC 17
1.   Cure Moderate Wounds
2.   Neutralize Poison

2nd Level   DC 16
1.   Barkskin
2.   Barkskin
3.   Tree Shape

1st Level   DC 15
1.   Deadeye's Lore   
2.   Goodberry
3.   Goodberry
4.   Goodberry

Orisons      DC 14
1.   Create Water   
2.   Mending
3.   Purify Food and Drink
4.   Spark

Stuff:
Magic Items: 
Claok of Endure Elements
Everburning Torch
Holy Symbol (Wooden)
Traveler's Any Tool
Wand of Cure Light Wounds L 1, Charges 50

Containers: 
Bag of Holding, Lesser
Belt Pouch
Effecient Quiver

Clothing: 
Courtier's Outfit with Jewlry
Explorer's Outfit x2

Gear: 
Antiplauge x2
Antitoxin x2
Healer's Kit
Holy WAter x4
Flint and Steel
Rope, Silk, 50' x2

Property: 

Ridgewalker's Gear:

Coin:       
   Platinum   88
   Gold      6
   Silver      9
   Copper      10

Expenditures

1,318   +1 Falcata (Self Enchatned)
1,200   +1 Bow (Self Made and Enchatned)
1,000   +1 Leaf Armor (Self Enchatend)
0,703   +1 Darkwood Buckler (Self Enchatned)
2   60 Arrows (Self Made)
2   Dagger

1   Belt Pouch
1   Flint and Steel
50   Healer's Kit
10   Rope

90   Clothing and Jewelry

1,000   Bag of Holding, Lesser
1,000   Cloak of Endure Elements
1,800   Efficient Quiver
125   Everburning Torch
250   Traveler's Any Tool
750   Wand of Cure Light Wounds L 1, Charges 50

Blinkin

Forst thing that I want to say is that the selection process wasn't easy and I truly wish that I could include everyone, but it's just not possible for me to handle that large of a party. Having said that, all of the submissions were considered equally and they were all very good characters. Sadly, I had to select that which best fits the campaign and will make the best party for the game in several ways.

1. The characters that offered the best versatility in scope and outlook.
2. The characters that I felt would have the easiest time working together; as I've said before, the only real way for you to get through some of my encounters is to work together and cooperate with each other. Loners would have a very hard time in this game.
3. Finally, the characters that best fit the slots that I felt would be needed.

Again, all of the submissions were excellent characters and if I could, I would take them all... or at least 1 from each player.

So, without further adue, the lucky... or unlucky... winners are...
Elven Sex Goddess - Chava Of The Green, Sorceress
Endwell- Drellos, Ranger
Snake- Syra, Rogue
Euanthe-Goruka, Cleric
InDarkestKnight- Enthralling Victor, Swashbuckler
Ixy- Mournecutter Wainwright, Bard

Congrats to the winners.

The OOC Thread can be found here.

The Character Sheets should be placed here.

A final note for the players. I've tried hard to make the point in the OP that I'm looking for players that will be in this for the long haul. It's hard on both the GM and your fellow players to simply drop after starting a game; we depend on you to be committed to the game and to each other for both the game and the enjoyment to be a success. If you feel that you cannot commit fully to this game and stick it out to the end, I ask you to let me know now, before the game begins or something serious happens in the game. It's not fair to your fellow players if they need you and you've abandoned the game for whatever reason... particularly without any notice at all as to why.

IF you're not enjoying the game, contact me and I will be more than willing to work with you to make your experience, as well as your fellow player's experience more fun and enjoyable. If you're not getting the game that you want and don't try to get said game, it's only your own fault at that point. So, again, if you aren't willing to commit to this, say it now.

Blinkin
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Petrus02

Ixy

I've enjoyed the ongoing chats and discussions, and hope that everyone gets a chance to game soon. Excited about the game but glad to see everyone in upcoming stories!

Snake

Sorry you didnt make it Zaer, bullshitting with your dwarf would've been hilarious.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, it would been great (as I take inspirations from Oghren from Dragon Age game).