Naruto D20: Interest Check (GM Found)

Started by ShadowFox89, December 19, 2011, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I'm interested in playing in a Naruto D20 game, preferably starting at mid (8-10) level with the option of starting off towards the Sage PrC.

I also have a few other requests for any potential GMs:

- The players use the True Ninja alternate character rules
- The setting be something generic and open, rather than the canon setting
- Options of other races besides human be available, such as Moreau from D20 Modern.

When we get a GM, I will update this post.

edit: Here are the character creation rules from Interrant_Lust

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on December 26, 2011, 02:36:11 PM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
40 Point Buy. ECL 10. Any race or clan or template you can justify as being fluffily sound. Homebrew is, by all means, encouraged.
1 Power Unit (+1 to his Learn checks, +2 bonus to Chakra Pool, +1 bonus to attack rolls, +1 bonus to saving throws, +2 bonus to Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Swim and Tumble checks, +2 bonus to Initiative)
Able to learn techniques with only half the normal time.
Able to move at up to 5 times his normal speed.
Balance, Chakra Control, Climb, Disguise, Genjutsu, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Ninjutsu, Search, Spot, Survival and Taijutsu as permanent class skills.
Able to recover Chakra loss twice as fast.

Starting techniques;
Rank 1 Techniques: 2d4+10, as well as Bunshin no Jutsu, Henge no Jutsu and Kawarimi no Jutsu (If you have ranks in Ninjutsu)
Rank 2 Techniques: 9
Rank 3 Techniques: 8
Rank 4 Techniques: 7
Rank 5 Techniques: 6
Rank 6: Techniques: 5
Rank 7 Techniques: 4
Rank 8 Techniques: 3
Rank 9 Techniques: 2
Rank 10 Techniques: 1
Add +1 to all (including Rank 11) if taking the Genius Nin feat.

Masteries: 1d4+Level (x1.5 with Grand Master feat)

Proficiency:
Tough Heroes: Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency
Strong & Dedicated Heroes: Light and Medium Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency
Fast, Smart & Charismatic Heroes: Light Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency

Any class or occupation that grants Nin Weapons Proficiency as a possible bonus feat will also offer Archaic Weapons Proficiency.
Any class that requires Nin Weapons as a prerequisite will also accept Archaic Weapons.

Only Archaic armor is generally available. This does include Battle Vests. Ninja Vests and Reinforced Suits would be considered cutting-edge technology and haven't caught on yet.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rachelongaku

Haven't been here in years but I'm in need of a good distraction!

Karasu

count me in ^^ I have a character I can use here if you'd allow it.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

ShadowFox89

We have three people looking to play, maybe we can get a GM soon too!

What characters are you two interested in? I was thinking either a Livewire or Shinobi Swordsman. I figure we can hammer out our characters while waiting for someone to run this.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Karasu

rachelongaku

I typically play a Hyuga Med-Nin....

I've never used D20 or anything like that. But I'm willing to learn, as long as everyone's okay with being patient with me. ^-^

Kaisude

I'd be interested and willing to learn the system as well. I tried to learn it once, but gave up on it because I got super busy. Though I have quite enough free time now, so I'm all ears.

I was thinking an Uchiha but those are pretty much extinct. So a Nara or an Hyuga

ShadowFox89

Like I said, I would prefer a generic setting. So it could be likely that any sharingan users could be alive.

I don't think I would have any bloodline for my character. Depending on which one I go with, it wouldn't fit too well.

As far as the system, I've been playing ND20 for years and have run several games of my own. I know the system pretty well and would be glad to help someone set up a character.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Karasu

Inerrant Lust

I know the system pretty well, and I've been trying to start a group of players in E... if you still need a GM. :P

Already running one game. I'd be more than willing to whip up a campaign for anyone interested.

I know it isn't exactly 'generic'.... but what does everyone think of a campaign set in the ancient era that hasn't really been elaborated on? IE: No villages, but rather groups of mercenary-like Clans wandering around, taking jobs and making/breaking alliances at the drop of a hat. But if we're maintaining consistency here, all the players would probably have to either be from the same Clan (IE: Uchiha, Hyuuga, Senju, Ect.) OR... more interestingly ( ;) ), be a group of renegades from various origins.

Aside from that, there's a much more recognizable time frame such as a few years before the series. Does anyone have a preference for the particular village or rather something like the above; a band of missing-nin or otherwise unaffiliated ninja...

ShadowFox89

I like the ancient era idea.... not sure if you are on the ND20 forums, but I have a homebrew village that would work for my character.

I was actually thinking about stepping up if no one else did :p I've got a large number of game ideas that usually don't go far.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Going off of the idea of setting the game in Ancient Era, I think the easiest thing would be to have everyone be from different clans as renegade ninja. I know I don't plan on either character of mine to have a bloodline or be associated with a clan (unless I can use my homebrew one, the Fuuryuu and the Konpeki Shitai bloodline).

Two character ideas are currently a female livewire or male swordsman-going-sage. Either one could work, and I have homebrew jutsu ideas for both.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rachelongaku

Yay. I like the ancient era idea. And the seperate clans idea.

Inerrant Lust

True Ninja rules have never been quite my cup of tea, but as per request- chargen rules;

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
40 Point Buy. ECL 10. Any race or clan or template you can justify as being fluffily sound. Homebrew is, by all means, encouraged.
1 Power Unit (+1 to his Learn checks, +2 bonus to Chakra Pool, +1 bonus to attack rolls, +1 bonus to saving throws, +2 bonus to Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Swim and Tumble checks, +2 bonus to Initiative)
Able to learn techniques with only half the normal time.
Able to move at up to 5 times his normal speed.
Balance, Chakra Control, Climb, Disguise, Genjutsu, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Ninjutsu, Search, Spot, Survival and Taijutsu as permanent class skills.
Able to recover Chakra loss twice as fast.

Starting techniques;
Rank 1 Techniques: 2d4+10, as well as Bunshin no Jutsu, Henge no Jutsu and Kawarimi no Jutsu (If you have ranks in Ninjutsu)
Rank 2 Techniques: 9
Rank 3 Techniques: 8
Rank 4 Techniques: 7
Rank 5 Techniques: 6
Rank 6: Techniques: 5
Rank 7 Techniques: 4
Rank 8 Techniques: 3
Rank 9 Techniques: 2
Rank 10 Techniques: 1
Add +1 to all (including Rank 11) if taking the Genius Nin feat.

Masteries: 1d4+Level (x1.5 with Grand Master feat)

Proficiency:
Tough Heroes: Light, Medium, and Heavy Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency
Strong & Dedicated Heroes: Light and Medium Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency
Fast, Smart & Charismatic Heroes: Light Armor, Simple Weapons Proficiency

Any class or occupation that grants Nin Weapons Proficiency as a possible bonus feat will also offer Archaic Weapons Proficiency.
Any class that requires Nin Weapons as a prerequisite will also accept Archaic Weapons.

Only Archaic armor is generally available. This does include Battle Vests. Ninja Vests and Reinforced Suits would be considered cutting-edge technology and haven't caught on yet.

Thar' be the mechanics, fluff will follow. :P

What sort of clan or organization is this anyways? I'll leave it up to you, although I think for this setting- some groups might not be 'clans' per se, but would function as such... like the Seven Swordsmen were a group of mercenaries before joining the Mist, and probably exist in some form or another during this era.

ShadowFox89

Got rolls of 11 for masteries and 14 for starting techniques.

Setup, I think, will look like this if I go Livewire: Fast Hero3/LiveWire3/Ninja Scout3/Sage 1

If I go with a swordsman (thinking shinmei ryu here); Strong Hero3/Samurai3/Sword Savant 4
Call me Shadow
My A/A

rachelongaku

Hm, it all looks like gibberish to me. *Goes to internet to try to figure out exactly what everything means*

Inerrant Lust

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Marie Reynolds

So some of the things the true ninja adds says it adds .5 but you have point ones listed so what are we supposed to go with?

Inerrant Lust

I took out all of the round-down ones.

Oooh, wait... I made one mistake; +0.5 hit points per level (rounded down)

So that'd be +5 unless you have a bloodline or somesuch. :P

ShadowFox89

If you have questions building a character, ask Interrant or myself. We've both been playing this for a while.

I think my character choice is going to come down to, who works better in the group.

Edit: are we doing wealth dc or converting to ryu?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Which do you prefer? :P

I just realized... the overwhelming majority of my Naruto characters are female not just because of the possibility for fanservice and sexiness.... but also because the original Naruto took nearly 100 chapters for a kunoichi to fight a man and actually end up not sucking. >:(

And since then women being badass has been few and far between...  :'(

ShadowFox89

Well, there was the original idea for my Livewire... but information about her is something to be kept secret ;)

I have several character ideas, really, all of them equally fun. I could drop a level of sword savant from the second setup and go with my homebrew bloodline, Konpecki Shitai.

Edit: and the general consensus seems to be that Kishimoto and Kubo Tite don't like strong women.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Karasu