News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revelation

Quote from: Chris Brady on May 13, 2013, 01:02:22 AM
I don't have that sort of luck, and I actually did pretty decent on a second team with him (yay for doubles of the same roll for champions!)  Same build, mostly life steal, attack speed and that hydra weapon, capped.  Which I think has a step after the 'hydra' name thing.

I'm taking a break from it.  Losing streaks suck.

Everyone always gets that luck. Even in my fiora games where I just wrecked people the enemy top was usually awful (Seriously I got a double kill as half health against an Akali and then an enemy jungler once. I shoulda been wrecked). Its just they never tend to stand out as well as the 'Oh man my team was so awful this game' games.

Also, yeah. AD Yi without crit is like... Well, any AD auto attacker without crit. If you can survive fights as AD yi, Crit just turns you into a rampaging beast.

SinXAzgard21

AD Yi - crit=  Dead yi.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SinXAzgard21

First pvp game as jungle, akali takes my level one blue....  Yup fuck this game.

Shjade

And thus why I am a proponent of All ARAM All The Time. =D

That and I'm just a horrible normals person. x.x
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Revelation

while that is a dick move on her part and pretty unforgiveable if she did it on purpose... Thats why II always save smite for when it will kill a buff when its used. It makes the CD a bit longer, but i'd rather secure the buff than use it immediately and worry about teammate skills (DOTs sneaking in the last hit) or enemies stealing it.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on May 14, 2013, 03:29:09 AM
And thus why I am a proponent of All ARAM All The Time. =D

That and I'm just a horrible normals person. x.x

I'm not the best in normals, I'm like 73/94 so some crap like that.  Just can't find people who actually want to play with a person trying to learn a new position in game.  I honestly do love ARAM, but I have a few friends I really want to play ranked with.

Quote from: Changingsaint on May 14, 2013, 06:04:00 AM
while that is a dick move on her part and pretty unforgiveable if she did it on purpose... Thats why II always save smite for when it will kill a buff when its used. It makes the CD a bit longer, but i'd rather secure the buff than use it immediately and worry about teammate skills (DOTs sneaking in the last hit) or enemies stealing it.

The thing was I smited and he needed two AA from me and akali uses her fucking q from the distance.  I understand securing it with smite, but Warwick doesn't really need a hard ass leash.  He actually doesn't need one.

Kaedia

On a side note the biggest problem I find is people really over-think leashes. I find most of the time junglers don't need a hard leash or 'smiteless' as some prefer. Those who know how to use it do amazing with it but those who just do it because everyone does it... yeah... if you can do a smiteless and zerg your next buff so you can get a super early gank or steal the enemy buff then it is completely worth it. If you get a smiteless and just... farm your jungle... you didn't need a smiteless. Warwick is one of those champions where early ganks just aren't really plausible. He's there for those super strong level 6 ganks. People can't seem to understand not all junglers need or even want 'smiteless'. At least people I play with don't seem to get it.

My motto is if the jungler asks for a smiteless I'll help but otherwise I use a couple cooldowns and get to lane.

Then again jungling is my absolute worst role. When I play ranked I always tell my team in the pregame lobby that I'll gladly accept any role as long as it isn't jungle. I'd put my jungle skill level down in Bronze tier. Just not my cup of tea.
[Absences and Apologies] -- [1/0 - Preferences] -- [Requests and Ideas] -- [YIM/Email/PM Requests]
My Status:
Open.
◄ The mark is a part of me, but it does not define me ►

ofDelusions

I'll always try to get smiteless if possible, just so that there is no danger of opposing jungle just stealing my red after their blue etc. That and I like going straight to ganking when I hit level 3. Of course, sometimes aren't gank opportunities and I end up farming jungle anyway...

apygoos

as a jungler: the faster you give me wolves, the faster we clear blue and you can get to lane, and often thats one less pot to use

SinXAzgard21

Yeah,  I think I just need to time my smites better. 

Shjade

Quote from: ofDelusions on May 14, 2013, 05:45:12 PM
I'll always try to get smiteless if possible, just so that there is no danger of opposing jungle just stealing my red after their blue etc. That and I like going straight to ganking when I hit level 3. Of course, sometimes aren't gank opportunities and I end up farming jungle anyway...

Um...doesn't a smiteless kill take longer than using smite and, therefore, make you more vulnerable to having your red stolen since you'll take longer to get there?

Having smite available to secure a buff only matters if it's actually alive by the time you reach it.

I'm slightly better at jungling than support, but still worse than top/ap/adc.
◕/◕'s

Revelation

Smiteless takes about as long because you'll have people helping you damage blue through most of its health. Having your top laner and AP do extra damage to it will add up to taking as much time as actually using smite, and then after you do blue you immediately rush to your red (Or your enemies red if you know he's taking yours.) Which will net you double buffs and then level 3. You're then free to gank or do as you will.

Shjade

Fucking sigh.

I don't care how bad a team you've had to endure, nothing is as frustrating as repeat disconnects during a game, especially when they conveniently happen only during key fights.

Fuck.
◕/◕'s

apygoos

its even worse when its the ADC that DCs. one ranked game our AD AND support DCed during the baron dance

Shjade

◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

My favorite is when your initiator DCs right as he dives in for a team fight.

Revelation

I D/C'd once as a support Sona right before a major fight. Came back to find my team killed except me and an inhibitor gone. Felt like shit, but we eventually won after I apologized and told my group to play defensively.

ofDelusions

Quote from: Shjade on May 14, 2013, 08:03:04 PM
Um...doesn't a smiteless kill take longer than using smite and, therefore, make you more vulnerable to having your red stolen since you'll take longer to get there?

Having smite available to secure a buff only matters if it's actually alive by the time you reach it.

I'm slightly better at jungling than support, but still worse than top/ap/adc.

Well without smiteless I can't really go straight to red anyway and have take wraiths and golems/wolves before smite comes back from cooldown. And smiteless doesn't take that much longer if you get proper help.

Panduhmoanium

I'm going to rip apart the time-space continuum and make a machine which will allow my TV to turn into a portal to other TV's through their IP addresses which will then allow me to reach through and punch the living fuck out of some of these clowns I play ranked with.

Shjade

Fair's fair, Panduh: you'd be open to getting punched yourself. ;p
◕/◕'s

Chris Brady

And people now know why I ARAMAT.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Ryven

I'm ARAMAT now too.  I love it.

Panduhmoanium

Quote from: Shjade on May 15, 2013, 01:42:46 PM
Fair's fair, Panduh: you'd be open to getting punched yourself. ;p

Nope, this will be a product only I can use. I'll have to put a disclaimer to all the people I play with - "May cause brain trauma."

SinXAzgard21

Yeah, after my experiences trying to learn to jungle I can't even play normal pvp anymore.  I'm done with all these uptight ass clowns who think they are Gods gift to gaming.  Though, I did join factions so I may play with them since they as a group don't seem to bad.

Chris Brady

I don't know about you guys, but those four little honor toggles, I try to get at least one per game.  I'm finding that even when I get annoyed, trying for 'Honorable Opponent', makes me try to be positive.  And that actually makes ME feel better about a bad match...
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming