News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Drivers for my tablet suddenly vanished?

Started by MissRoziel, November 22, 2016, 12:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissRoziel

So I've had my tablet for a little over 10 years now it's a bamboo fun tablet and it's always worked fine, the tablet it's self has outlived two mice.

However suddenly today when booting up my computer I got a pop up that said the tablet had no drivers, I thought maybe it was a stat up hiccup so I restarted but it popped up again so I borrowed my moms normal mouse and went to look for the issue only to discover there was nothing in my computer for a wacom tablet as if I've never had one at all.

I've reinstalled the drivers and now it's working but I don't know if it'll keep working or if I'll lose the drivers again if I shut down.  has anyone had this problem before?
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

Lexandria

I had that happen once many several  years ago. What I ended up doing as a solution was making a copy of the drivers on a jump drive and just popping it in and re-installing them if my tablet stopped working as a tablet. I only had to do it two times or so, but it was convenient for if I was using a computer that didn't have the drivers (I was in college at the time and needed to use the computer lab computers frequently, and very rarely the same computer was available to me when I needed it) I could just do a quick install so I could use my tablet with no problems.

It's not terribly convenient for your own computer, but it worked well for me, and I really didn't have the drivers vanish more than a couple times over the course of many years. Did your computer recently run an update? I know I lose things on my phone sometimes when it does an update, but I'm not sure if that's a thing that can happen with computers, too.

MissRoziel

It might have, I was so tired last night I was asleep before it fully shut down so it might have had an update last night and I slept through it (not the first time)

The jump drive is a great idea though I'll keep that in mind incase it happens again, Thanks so much, More then the idea knowing it's a problem others have had and it's not like a virus or something is reassuring, I ran a full system scan but I worry anyway *laughs*
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

Lexandria

I also had the driver just stop working once or twice on my old desktop. And, again, just re-copying it from the jump drive worked great.

I'm glad I could help!