Labels?

Started by Combicon, April 26, 2011, 03:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Combicon

I like organising my pms into specific folders, so clicking on a folder would bring up all related pms (very useful for dealing with several people, and needing to refer to a prior email), and I've only just realised that there are labels that can be applied to PMs now (or maybe have been since I've joined, but I've never noticed them).
I tried applying some to some PMs I got, and it worked, however the pms still appeared in my main inbox. As I had read somewhere that it said they were like folders, I assumed that deleting it from the inbox would keep it in the label section - appearantly this was not the case ( I made sure the email was in both before attempting).

I was wondering if this was meant to happen, or if this was a glitch of som ekind.

I love it to be really orginised, so my main inbox has just stuff I've got to reply to, and the labels contain everything else. Assuming that the labels dont work this way, and are just labels rather than folders, aside from saving the messages to my computer, is there any other way of organising them?

HockeyGod

In the "change settings" at the bottom of the left menu you need to check:

Remove the inbox label when applying another label

Combicon

HockeyGod

Caeli

For future organization fiends, I (finally) finished reworking and rewriting a tutorial created by a former mentor. Topic: organizing your personal messages with labels and rules.

You can find it here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=105085.0

:)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs