Planescape: Rattle the Cage [3.0/3.5 D&D rules now possible!]

Started by ZK, October 20, 2006, 11:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZK

Hehe, Hi all. Seeing as lancis started an old setting of Spelljammer, I decided to go ahead and try to opt for a Planescape game. Thanks to the efforts of http://www.planewalker.com/index.php it has become possible to play it with D&D rules. In other words, for all those people who have no idea what THAC0 stands for and why the blue-blazes a negative AC score is good.

Now, not to rattle my bone-box here, just wanting to see if anyone was interested in a Planescape game. Primarly focused in that of Sigil as the title suggests... anyone interested?

Oh, sex is not the focus, but with Planescape [and the various factions], sex is an available choice. Now, as for races and such, those allowed as PCs in the Planescape book is all that I allow at the moment. More will come to think, perhaps that of custom races and other races I decided to pick from various other d20 and other material that wouldn't feel completely out of place.

As well, I do not want any evil characters, what does this mean? You can be an exception of the race in question [A Neutral/anything Githyanki for example], but I do not want to see copies of other characters or coined characters in play. The PCs will all start at level 3, reguardless of the ECL, but I want more of a storyline focused then "Bam, I have a shit load of power and can kill everything with ease."
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elven Sex Goddess

Question, how do you want the character build, per a point by like 32pts or dice like 4d6 drop the lowest. 

Second question is I am flipping back and forth between the races of  Aasimar or a hengeyokai out of the oriental adventures.   So was wondering if the hengeyokai would be alright. 

And yes I am interested. 

ZK

I'd prefer mainly to see who wants to play something before I allow Primers to the game. As this game will never set foot on any Prime plane whatsoever. It'll follow the tradition of "Everywhere else but no place for the Clueless."

I only own 3.0 Oriental Adventures, but I doubt anything has really changed since the move to 3.5. I'll concider it once I gain more player interest.

As for character build. It'll either be a standard point buy via D&D rules or the 4d6. Whichever my players wish.

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elven Sex Goddess

thanks,  and if it was the hengeyokai.  It would have been out of the 3.0 oriental adventures book.   Is what I got to for them. 

But I think is leaning towards a Aasimar more. 

ZK

There are 17 player races and possibilities for many more.

Jefepato

Zenythri are way better than the other planetouched, it looks like.

Speaking of which, ZK, would the planetouched listed in Dragon magazine (axani, cansin, and the para-elemental genasi) be acceptable?

ZK

If they're 3.0 or 3.5 edition and you can actually show me what they are [via stats and such] then yes. I don't subscribe to Dragon magazine.

Mindhazingsquid

Xerial

I'm interested, insofar as I'll be able to post for the next six weeks... not to get anyone's hopes up, but I may be able to swing access after week on (definitly not during, as we'll have the dreaded Sea Training aboard), since I've been tasked as Senior Hand of my watch (read: I'm the boss of people even above me in rank, w00t)...

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, I would be intrested to play a bit 'bad boy' so I would take tiefling rogue (or thug if you allow use Unearthed Arcana variant of fighter) :). Of course I would not take evil alignment but I would be CN likely (so I would be bit unpredictable but never do evil intentionally).

ZK

I'd like to have non-evil characters as PCs since I want them to work like a group. Afterall, don't want to be pinned in the dead-book for bein' some berk rattlin' his bone box to some fiend, eh? ^^

Lilian

Mwuahahaaaa, this sounds good. >=3   Are fey'ri allowed?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I did not plan to be some bloody lemon! I planned mostly be a cross-traded guy, not a fiend. I can stir soup whit more than one folk.

Elven Sex Goddess

Xerial

I've a few possibilities... but the proto-version of my giant-blooded Human fighter with the insanely large axe is fres in my mind... heck, I can do anything that's needed, mind you... and as Rogue's been quasi-called, I'll assume that's out...

ZK

Yes, we have enough players for this. So, final verdict for races so I can create the chronicle? ^^

Mindhazingsquid

ZK

As for all those who want a rather high ECL character, just a forewarning, don't be said if other PCs go past you in level a time in and time out.

Since out of the majority of the races, the balance of the Planescape default races balances out around +1 ECL. With the exception of a few, like Githyanki and Githzerai due to their psionic abilities.

Zaer Darkwail

I am still planning to play a tiefling rogue (or spellthief).

Xerial

*ponders* Plain old human's my bent of late... well, ok, Human with the Forgotten Realms Jotunbrud feat, which means he's got giant's blood, if that's entirely possible...

Elven Sex Goddess

Well I am thinking on an Aasimar as a swashbuckler out of the complete adventurers book.    Or starting out as a sorceroress and then going to monk at fifth level, with taking the feat ascetic mage as lawful good.  The former as chaotic good in alignment.  Will go with either that fits best for the group. 

Jefepato

I'll probably play a cansin warlock, but how fast do you expect us to gain levels, ZK?  I was considering taking sorcerer levels for the eldritch theurge prestige class, but if we aren't going to be reaching those levels any time soon, it probably isn't a wise investment.  (If that won't work out, I'll probably go for enlightened spirit instead -- that class looks fun.)

(Cansin are chaotic planetouched from Dragon #297.  They have +2 Intelligence and Charisma, acid and fire resistance 5, entropic shield 1/day, +2 to Bluff and Search checks, and 60-foot darkvision.  Favored class is sorcerer.)

RubySlippers

I was thinking a Cleric, Human or Half-elf. Not flashy but every group needs a healer.

ZK

Elves are rare in Planescape. Humans however. Are not. They're like roaches. They infest everything. And, if you want to take that swashbuckler class, I will need the rules for it, Asherah.

As for leveling up, you will not be reaching levels extremely fast. Perhaps to level 5-6 and then it'll slow down as you take more dangerous missions and quests and continue the plotline.

Lirliel

I'd like to be a Githzerai Fighter Female if you'd allow it, I'm only not 100% how psionics work.. so you might have to guide me through it!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."