Mahou Shojou Heavenly Knight [Non-Con, Tentacle, 3.5, interest check!]

Started by ShadowFox89, March 06, 2014, 10:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

And I do like...Targeteer is from Dragon #310.

With that house-rule, can we mix-and-match special abilities from different archetypes? Not sure I will want to, but if it's an option I'll look...

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

I mean, like, a Horseman special ability at level 1, then a Knight special ability at level 3. They're each supposed to be a variant on the Fighter chassis, and the special abilities normally replace bonus feats, so I'm not sure how the houserule interacts with them.

EDIT: It's actually irrelevant for me, none of the other archetypes synergize with Targeteer. But it might still matter for any other PCs who take Fighter levels.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Cool. Like I edited above, it's not very helpful for me...I guess I can take Shield Bearer armor-related talents. But good to know anyways.

Last request (for now)....the Crossbow Sniper feat from PHB2 only applies to Heavy, light, and Hand crossbows. Can I use it with a Great Crossbow as well?

ShadowFox89

You can. I think they didn't include Great Crossbow because that isn't a core weapon.

Would anyone object to using the Appearance stat from Book of Erotic Fantasy?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Eeeeeeeeeeh. It's one more stat to keep track of for no real benefit. Just directly connect Charisma to Appearance, or say we all automatically have 18 Appearance because we're Magical Girls. ;D

EDIT: Aaaaaaand, I just realized all my crossbow-related requests were pointless, because the Radiant Device is not actually a crossbow. It just looks like one. Ah well. Frees up the feat I was going to spend on Crossbow Sniper, at least.

EDIT: How does the Enhanced Cartridge effect interact with the houserule that Weapon enhancements automatically give their equivalent +bonus?

ShadowFox89

Well, my first instinct is to say that nothing happens, but that'd be rather boring....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

Very.

Idea - what if expending a Cartridge to fuel an Enhanced weapon/device let you reassign your enhancement bonuses for that attack? For example, I've got a Keen, Flaming (+2) Radiant Device with 3 invested motes (extra +2). If I spend a Cartridge on that shot, I can change the (Keen, Flaming) to whatever special properties I want that total up to +2, such as Icy Burst or Seeking+Vicious, but only for the shot I used the Cartridge for.

Also, Sheet yo.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=821097

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

Still working a bit on the crunch, but I'm proud of her.  i hope you like:

Name:   Viralae Elowyn, The Amethyst Princess of Taefaeli
Lineage:   2nd daughter of King Miikel Elowyn—third born—princess of Taefaeli. 

Birthday   7-9. 
Height:   5’5”
Weight:   100lbs
Skin:      Fair
Hair:      White Gold
Eyes:   Amethyst

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=821330

Growing up in a small crystal palace at the heart of a grey elven city in the depths of the Ironwood Reaches, Viralae was destined for a political marriage to Grand Duke Albergorne of a Marpenoth, in the Forests of Night.  She was denied much of the martial and magical education granted to her elder siblings in favor of diplomacy and the arts, but still received the fundamentals of martial instruction.  Her tutor encouraged her to dance—not only for courtly graces, but for the health it brought to body and soul. 

Though she loved the arts, in time the idealistic, compassionate, and most of all intelligent young girl came to chafe under these restrictions.  The more she leanred of the suffering in the world, the more she yearned to learn the arts of magic, swordplay, and statesmanship with which to protect and aid all goodly folk.  Still very young, she slipped out into the forests ngiht after night.  She danced under the starts and prayed ot the moon to guide her. 

Finlay, the Moon did. 

Night after night, the secrets to the primordial magic of light were laid bare to her soul.  Nigh after night, she danced secret dances, weaving light and darkness into diagrams of power and honing her body into a paragon of grace, strength and beauty. 

On her hundred and first birthday, she followed a swirl of fireflies far from home and was not seen for over a week.  When at last she returned, she would not speak of where she had been, but she was whole and healthy.  Her parents feared that the ice blue crystal on a golden chain she now wore around her neck was gift from a lover who’d stolen her purity.  She would not surrender the crystal, but she did submit herself to an inspection by the royal priestess who testified that she was still chaste. 

Over the next nine years, Viralae corresponded secretly with the leadership of the Heavenly Guardians.  When she came of age at 110, an ambassador from the Guardians arrived and in formed the King that Viralae was one of their number—a stargazer—and the gods demanded that she be released from her political duties to do their bidding. 

Enemies and Rivals: 
Sumeria Elowyn, the Emerald Princess of Taefaeli. 

Age      136
Birthday   11 – 8
Height:   5’9”
Weight   125
Skin:      Kissed by golden sunlight. 
Hair:      Golden
Eyes:   Emerlad

King Miikel’s eldest daughter and second born.  As the middle child, Sumeria always had to struggle with resentment of her brother and sister.  She was a tender hearted and loving girl, a priestess of Hanali Celanil, goddess of love and beauty.  All her life, she managed to ignore her resentment.  She buried her resentment over her parent’s neglect deep inside and never let it come between herself and those she loved. 

She also loved a handsome knight, one of her brother’s companions in arms, and they had pledged to be wed on the next midsummer. 

It was not to be.  When Viralae joined the Heavenly Guardians, it fell to Sumeria to wed Grand Duke Albergorne in his place.  Heartbroken, she wept for many nights.  Slowly she gave in to her resentment, spite, and despair.  She went to her wedding night a changed woman, cold as ice and beautiful as the northern lights. 

In her heart of hearts, she vowed to dark forces she did not yet know that she would have her revenge. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Vorian

Would a Changeling (Eberron) be ok? I've got an idea for one.
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Also, Muse, I suggest holding off on a background for now. Magical Girls come about in a very specific way in this setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

And besides, that's like swearing off manual transmission once you learn automatic. Or more like swearing off 2013-model cars after buying a 2014-model car.

ShadowFox89

More like swearing off gas after driving a diesel.
Can't claim electric, because Pathfinder only wishes it were clean.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

schnookums

Is it wrong to want to play a champion/cloistered cleric just so I could be the bookish librarian sort who comes out of her shell to kick ass for the lord?

ShadowFox89

To give a bit of a start on background creation- Magical Girls are created when a Soul Stone is bonded with a young woman (typically 18 but sometimes older). After the bonding is complete the girl is initiated into the Heavenly Guardians, who then supply the new knight with equipment and give her missions. The only requirement for a woman to become a Magical Girl is that she has not felt the pleasures of the flesh (IE, is a virgin) before becoming a knight.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

*succumbs to temptation*!

Okay, ill get started on a character tomorrow, id have some details for you, but  GitP is down at the moment an i cant recall the details of the MG classes right off.  :-(

schnookums

So since it's gestalt, is the idea that the heroines were one class to begin with, and added the magical girl class during the bonding?

ShadowFox89

@Darkling: I'm having no issues connecting.

@Schnookums: That would be correct.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Huh, werid, maybe it was just down for the five exact minutes i was trying to get on it XD

Vorian

Will standard multiclassing penalties apply or will there be an alternate rule for that?
Ons/Offs - Updated 10/8/14 to reflect my switch to Liege and attempt a bit more clarity.
Ideas
Absences - Updated 3/26/15