Hogwarts; A Future House: Year Two, Now Recruiting! Last Chance!

Started by Aiden, March 03, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Quote from: Amelita on March 03, 2014, 08:50:36 PM
Good good ^^

Happy to see you in this thread ;)

Awwww, thank you! I happy to be here. I asked Aiden awhile ago to let me know when recruitment opened back up and he was kind enough to do just that. Have wanted to get back into this game for a good while! :D

King Serperior

Alright, I would love to thank Miss Dancing Flower for showing me this game  :3  I never knew this existed and have had a Ravenclaw character outline stored in my mental storage compartment in the back of my mind for a couple of years now.  I would like to say that I am extremely interested  :D

EDIT:  Geeze, it seems like every character model I can think of has already been taken, and I don't know that many celebrities to begin with   :'( 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Niferbelle

First I'd just like to say welcome to everyone and if you're lurking and considering, you should jump right in!

KS, if you would like help/some suggestions for a character model, if you give us a general idea of 'type' there are some ladies in the game who are talented picture finders who would probably be happy to help!

apygoos

Quote from: King Serperior on March 03, 2014, 09:19:49 PM
Alright, I would love to thank Miss Dancing Flower for showing me this game  :3  I never knew this existed and have had a Ravenclaw character outline stored in my mental storage compartment in the back of my mind for a couple of years now.  I would like to say that I am extremely interested  :D

EDIT:  Geeze, it seems like every character model I can think of has already been taken, and I don't know that many celebrities to begin with   :'(
just look up generic terms you think are staple to the character. i didn't know many either, and then i found them, after ages of browsing lol.
i didn't know a dudes legitimate name could possibly be Texas Battle

King Serperior

Quote from: Niferbelle on March 03, 2014, 10:10:17 PM
KS, if you would like help/some suggestions for a character model, if you give us a general idea of 'type' there are some ladies in the game who are talented picture finders who would probably be happy to help!
Thanks, but I just now found someone (who I didn't know, but eventually found out who) who fit.  ^_^  Still really no clue who he is beyond his name  *laughs*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Flower

Quote from: King Serperior on March 03, 2014, 09:19:49 PM

YAY! <3

Timeless

Thanks dearest Flower as well for showing the thread to me. Been thinking to join for a while, but didn't really had the opportunity to do so.

-showers Flower with adoration and affection-

I'll get something up soon!

Flower

Lord Drake

Hey.. where did you put that Drake?
I've taken the Oath of The Drake for Group RPs!
“Never waste your time trying to explain who you are
to people who are committed to misunderstanding you.”
— Dream Hampton

AribethAmkiir

I'm a bit confused.  The FAQ says to create our own wands, but the character sheet says to leave that part blank if we're creating a 1st year.

Lord Drake

Okay if I recall properly when the "first" first years were created their wands were left blank because once they got to Ollivander they would get a wand teat and get one assigned. Recently it has been allowed to JWA graduated people to give an indication of the wand match for their character so that when they will go to Olivander they will get that one.

The wand should match the character's personality.

If you make a first year they will not own their wands yet. They will get them at Ollivander..

You need Aiden's confirmation but  I think  that you can pre-propose how it will  be.
— Dream Hampton

AmberStarfire

I'm looking at a slightly older character because I'd like her to be at least 17 (not for 'wizarding age' reasons, but because I'd prefer to play an older character since we're on Elliquiy). Normally I set my minimum age for characters around 19, but this is HP. She wouldn't be first year, by the sound of things.

I had a couple of actresses in mind for portraits but both were claimed already (Felicia Day and Eliza Dushku) so I'm still considering who I might choose for a portrait. She'd have that slightly chaotic energy about her though and preferably dark hair. As for house, I'm looking at Gryffindor or Slytherin - probably the latter.

Flower

I do believe that 19 years of age is classified as a third year.  Someone correct me if I am wrong. Also, I would recommend looking look the models on this page. You can also do a general search on tumblr using the search terms "model" or "actress" to flip through faces. Adding adjectives such as "latina" or "indian" will help vary your search results.

Edit: The link to Christa's finders seekers blog is an excellent tool for those in need of a male or female face.

AmberStarfire

Thanks Dancing Flower, I'll check it out.

I'll see what images I can find. I'm sure I'll stumble on one that's right.

Flower

Good luck. Christa's page has a category for brunettes so hopefully there is a face there which suits your needs and is not already claimed.  :-)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I want kind of check has this char concept already taken (and is there suitable pic or not);

My concept for my char is that he is transfer student from Russian academy, but my char's origins lay in Finland (I have always wanted roleplay my home country culture in some RP and Potterverse would fit in as it's closely to RL lore are involved).

Anyways because of relationship between Finland and Russia, only decade or so ago Russian academy started accept actual Finland origin students (before that all magic stuff which occurred in Finland was done by local families and disorganized fashion, 'country mages' so to speak). However, in most recent developments have occurred where Russia and Finland's relations are more strained and furthermore my char is a muggle; meaning there is no magician in his family up to great grandparents very least.

Reason why he ended up to Russian academy is that because he lived in close to the border of Russia (North-Karelia) so Russian mage was moving through the area when he sensed magic in works in area and she went investigate and then found my char spontaneously (not even knowing doing it) was using ancient Finland magic tradition by singing old songs and playing a kantele. It was all accidental outburst but it was potent enough to warrant send him to academy to learn how control it very least if not harness it (and usual academy standard he had to study use wands but in Russia it happens only in second year as they feel giving wands first year results just problems, so they use practice wands first year).

However, because of present strain of political climate between Russia and Finland and for him being muggle (and also being slightly chubby) and having no friends and was barely communicating with freshly studied Russian resulted him becoming ridiculed and bullied. Most first year teachers and staff was not aware of bullying occurring until through one serious accident they found out months lasting bullying and seeing that they could not make stop for it any fashion (all bullies came from influential long standing magician families), they felt best care they can do for their student was to transfer him entirely different climate and another academy. This case transfer to Hogwarts (as English skill with student was stronger than Russian anyways). Because of difficulties in first year in Russian academy (both linguistically and bullying) he should be considered first year student although he is now 18 in age.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Dancing flower on March 04, 2014, 04:33:38 AM
Good luck. Christa's page has a category for brunettes so hopefully there is a face there which suits your needs and is not already claimed.  :-)

Ok. There are a few Tumblrs I check out regularly, so I'm sure I'll find one. That and I have a lot of images already.

I think Aiden was saying 1st year was 16, but I may be getting mixed up.

Flower

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 04, 2014, 04:55:46 AM
Well, I want kind of check has this char concept already taken (and is there suitable pic or not);

My concept for my char is that he is transfer student from Russian academy, but my char's origins lay in Finland (I have always wanted roleplay my home country culture in some RP and Potterverse would fit in as it's closely to RL lore are involved).

Anyways because of relationship between Finland and Russia, only decade or so ago Russian academy started accept actual Finland origin students (before that all magic stuff which occurred in Finland was done by local families and disorganized fashion, 'country mages' so to speak). However, in most recent developments have occurred where Russia and Finland's relations are more strained and furthermore my char is a muggle; meaning there is no magician in his family up to great grandparents very least.

Reason why he ended up to Russian academy is that because he lived in close to the border of Russia (North-Karelia) so Russian mage was moving through the area when he sensed magic in works in area and she went investigate and then found my char spontaneously (not even knowing doing it) was using ancient Finland magic tradition by singing old songs and playing a kantele. It was all accidental outburst but it was potent enough to warrant send him to academy to learn how control it very least if not harness it (and usual academy standard he had to study use wands but in Russia it happens only in second year as they feel giving wands first year results just problems, so they use practice wands first year).

However, because of present strain of political climate between Russia and Finland and for him being muggle (and also being slightly chubby) and having no friends and was barely communicating with freshly studied Russian resulted him becoming ridiculed and bullied. Most first year teachers and staff was not aware of bullying occurring until through one serious accident they found out months lasting bullying and seeing that they could not make stop for it any fashion (all bullies came from influential long standing magician families), they felt best care they can do for their student was to transfer him entirely different climate and another academy. This case transfer to Hogwarts (as English skill with student was stronger than Russian anyways). Because of difficulties in first year in Russian academy (both linguistically and bullying) he should be considered first year student although he is now 18 in age.

Hmm, I have not seen that type of character concept in-game. Well, there are bullied students but they are not bullied for language barrier reasons. I am not sure if Hogwarts would classify him as a first year. It seems more likely that he would be given extra lessons and tutoring to help him catch up. Putting him in a first year class would just make him stand out more and increase the possibility of the same treatment occuring at Hogwarts.

In the end, it is Aiden's judgment call.

Quote from: AmberStarfire on March 04, 2014, 05:03:52 AM
Ok. There are a few Tumblrs I check out regularly, so I'm sure I'll find one. That and I have a lot of images already.

I think Aiden was saying 1st year was 16, but I may be getting mixed up.

First years are 16 years old due to Elliquiy's rules about what characters can be written in sexual situations. I thought you wanted an 19 year old character which is why I mentioned they might be classified as an older year such as a third year. Sorry for confusing you.

AmberStarfire

NP. So semi-secret things (more than mildly underhanded) things my character has going on - something to put on her sheet or leave off it and inform certain characters later?

Lord Drake

Both tend to be fine actually although you  may want to PM them to Aiden and ask hia judgement.

Usually putting things in the sheet might give you more plot proposals from people..
— Dream Hampton

Flower

In my opinion, it depends. I left certain details off my character sheet because it has not happened in-game. However, Aiden is aware of what is not on my character sheet even though it has been approved.

I would write in those semi - secret details for now. But when you submit your character sheet, ask Aiden if those details can be deleted due to your desire for it to be an in-game surprise of sorts.

AmberStarfire

Ok. He's already ok'd them in the general sense, so he knows. It won't hurt to write it up though, as it's good to have the info there and it will flesh it out more. But yeah, I will ask or he'll probably see this.

Flower

Writers in this game are good about not using OOC knowledge to their character's advantage.  So if something is not public knowledge in your character sheet then you can trust writers will not have their characters suddenly knowing about it.  :-)

AmberStarfire

Either if fine, but I think it would be a bit more fun to reveal in game.

Flower

Now I'm curious. ::)

But yay to either way you decide on for your character!