The Motherland Calls. Alien invasion survival themed group game.

Started by Dashenka, March 19, 2016, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcnovaes

Quote from: gaggedLouise on March 22, 2016, 04:33:00 AM
That sounds (brutally) logical. Dasha - they would want humans as hosts. I'm not personally attracted to getting impregnated by an alien tentacled creature or such, but I guess I'll just have to make sure this doesn't happen. ;)
While I sometimes watch hentais with oviposition and breeding, I don't know how it would feel to roleplay.

Vonandi

Got a midterm essay I've been busy with, hopefully I can get a sheet out today.

CyrusTheRed

Quote from: Ithnuul on March 25, 2016, 02:16:21 PM
Got a midterm essay I've been busy with, hopefully I can get a sheet out today.
Same here, I'll be on late tonight or tomorrow.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

Dashenka

Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

Dashenka

I've made us an OOC!

It's here.

Please keep the character sheets coming here.

Think about where you'd want your character to be when we start and if at all possible, how to get a group as quickly as possible. I have a few ideas but I'd like to hear yours as well. In the OOC ofc :)

But please, character sheet first, then the OOC.

Vonandi

Working on the sheet now , do I need to use a picture for the appearance or can a use a description?

Vonandi

(Chickened out, and choose a foreigner)

Name: Leah Mór
Nationality: English/Irish
Residence: Apartment in central Moscow
Short description: Leah was born in Ireland but Her family moved to the English city of Liverpool when she was nine. Her father worked as a fishermen, and her mother as a waitress, leaving her home alone for long periods of time. Most of her youth was spent in borderline poverty so she didn't grow up with many modern amenities that most people take for granted.
As such Leah spent most of her youth away from home, spending her time wandering the streets, “urban exploring” or just bullshiting with her friends in some abandoned parking lot.
[Redacted] WIP...found the works of Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky which immediately sparked her love of Russian literature. A few years after she became a Russian exchange student so she could see and experience the country first hand, but now she is stranded there thousands of miles from her family and home with no clear way back.
(Synopsis? Will expand on it more as it comes forth and I get a better feel for the character)
Personality: Very much a tomboy, Leah is adventurous, down-to-earth, but extremely stubborn. She generally level-headed and cool but if you manage to make her mad it’s not something she will soon let go. She also had some problems with authority and finds it extremely unpleasant to take or give orders. While not hugely introverted she isn’t much of a talker, aloof would be the word she isn’t friendly by nature and tends to avoid talking people she doesn’t know.
As of the beginning of the story she has a pack of mint toothpicks she keeps around after she stopped smoking to have something to keep in her hands or mouth, and a large spring assisted pocket knife she keeps on her for self-defense, though it’s mostly just there to make her feel better.

Dashenka

CyrusTheRed

Name: Daniel Vandal
Nationality: American, Germanic Heritage 
Residence: Raleigh, NC, USA / Pershore, Worcestershire, UK / Tolyatti, Samara Oblast, RU 
Face Credit: Jimmy Johnson 

History: Daniel was destined to work with automobiles, even his earliest memory is of working on cars with his father while he was still in diapers. As such he has spent much of the last decade studying to complete his Master of the Sciences in Automotive engineering. He lived a quiet life of rigorous discipline going from college, to the gym, and home not leaving much time for friends or family though the solitude never bothered him. Finally two years ago he graduated top of his class and fulfilled his lifelong dream by being recruited as a Jr. Engineer for the Honda Yuasa Racing team where he helped the team achieve back to back seasonal points victories both years. Following the end of the last race season, Daniel was contacted by representatives from Lada/AvtoVAZ seeking young skilled engineers to help design an entirely new series of roads cars for the Russian market. Seeing it as an opportunity to see more of the world and possibly craft a legacy for himself Daniel accepted the contract and relocated to Russia to begin work. Six months later Daniel finds himself spirited away to Moscow in order to assist the VAZ production team with material selection for the new line of vehicles. 

Description and Personality: Daniel is tall standing at 1.9 meters and possesses classic rugged good looks. His hair is black and eyes blue, and his body is well developed from regular gym attendance. Daniel is extremely polite by most standards but never minces his words, always speaking very plainly and does he not tolerate ignorance or useless people. He is well studied, well traveled, and deeply enjoys exploring new cultures while doing his best to leave a positive impression of himself and his country to every person he meets in the world. 

Skills: Master Engineer, Master Mechanic, Physically Strong, Intermediate Firearms knowledge.
The blues is losing someone you love and not having enough money to immerse yourself in drink.

gaggedLouise

Name: Elin Vestermark
Nationality: From Trondheim, Norway
Residence: Moscow (temporarily), otherwise Trondheim. She was over in Moscow for a few weeks and staying with her cousin (female) who is married to a Russian when the strange infiltration seemed to begin. After her hosts mysteriously disappeared she packed some provisions, left their flat in the suburbs and got into the city to try to figure out what to do next and see if there was any chance of escaping home to Norway.

Short description: Elin grew up in a large and close-knit family and has spent a good deal of time outdoors on the open range, on mountains and in forests. She is used to being in the open and to trekking and skiing in the wild, but not very used to the harsh winter climate of Russia, much colder than most parts of Norway. She is fairly tough physically if she has to endure things for a while, but also craves affection and now she is suddenly completely on her own in a strange and dangerous city without contact with anyone she knew before.

She liked to be staying in Moscow; her trip there was part vacation and part about gathering some material for a research project she was planning to take on after her law degree. She has some knowledge of Russian as a language and a long-standing interest in Russian culture and literature, but isn't fully fluent or confident about speaking the language all day long. When the strangeness began she was feeling confused and noticed that other people seemed to be growing suspicious too. Things soon got increasingly unpredictable and mysterious, communications faltered sometimes and one day when she returned to her cousin's place in a six-floor apartment building she found the windows broken down, pools of blood in the kitchen and hall, and no sign of neither her cousin nor hubby. With the worst kind of forebodings she gathered together some of her clothes, some food and a few other useful things. A neighbour offered her a car ride into town, and off they went. While Elin received a few brief sms messages from her cousin's phone - some of them sounding everyday, some just like gibberish - she has no idea what may have happened to her relative. In the city, she could see signs of growing chaos and she realized that there would be few chances to find any planes heading for Scandinavia.

Elin is sexually straight, but has had a few intimate encounters with women and found them "interesting" and fun.

Skills: Cooking, some camping and basic survival skills.

The photo may be changed out if I find a better one, but it's basically the kind of look I had in mind.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Dashenka

Good. Think that is all players accounted for.

Go post in the OOC :D

MistressofPen

Name: Danielle "Dani" Sullivan
Nationality: Saratoga, California, USA
Residence:Staying at Hotel National Moscow

Short description: Dani was an only child to young parents who lived hard and left her an orphan at ten.  She was young, but she saw what happened to her parents and vowed never to be like them.  Her grandparents weren't much better, but a great aunt on her father's side took her in and Dani lived with her until that woman passed when Dani was 18.

Tough, resilient, Dani learned that the best way to get ahead was to have an education.  She used the small inheritance from her great aunt to fund her schooling and earned an art degree and a teaching credential.  She was able to keep her great aunt's house and make a decent living teaching art in a private school.  When she was twenty-seven she married the man she thought was the love of her life.  She learned that he didn't have the same ideals when, two months in, she found him screwing her best friend in their brand new bed, in their brand new house, for which she'd had to sell her aunt's house to come up with the down payment.  Betrayed all-around, she walked away from that life and straight to an attorney who, after hearing the story, was happy to help her get out of the mess.  The chance selection of the attorney led Dani to a career change.  She helped to gather information on her soon-to-be ex and realized she really liked the work.  She signed on with the legal office's investigators and was well on her way to earning her own private investigation license when another whim of Fate sent her another way.  The day after her divorce was finalized, Dani was in a convenience store and saw a line of people buying lottery tickets.  The jackpot was huge.  She paid for her soda and bought a ticket and was one of fifteen winners.  With that money, she decided to do some traveling; see the wonders of the world before she got too old to enjoy it.  And, it was while she was visiting the many historic and artistic treasures of Moscow that the Fates once more decided to alter her life plan.

More than anything, Dani has learned how to keep going in the face of adversity.  She never doubts that she is strong, or that she won't be able to accomplish any certain task because she's always managed to do so in the past.    She's a good observer and a good listener; things that made her a good investigator as well as a good artist, seeing more than whats on the surface and able to translate that into her drawings or paintings and able to interpret what she viewed in the field to (mostly) come to the correct conclusions.  Not cocky, she's more assured.  All life's knocks have made her able to remain calm when the shit hits the proverbial fan.

Dashenka

I like Dani...

Please post in the OOC and join the fun :P

Chrystal

Dasha, you horrid person! I hate you!

*giggles*

Character sheet coming up!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dashenka

Sorry!

I wasn't sure if you'd like it and I've bugged you enough with games already so I didn't want to bug you more :P

*does a happy dance to have you*

Chrystal

Name: Rikkiina Jokinen
Nationality: Finnish
Residence: Lives in Helsinki, but has an apartment she rents in Vagonoremontnaya Ulitsa

Short description: Rikki grew up in Helsinki, and always wanted to be an airline hostess, ever since she could remember. She had the looks and the confidence and managed to get the grades she needed in school. She learned English, Japanese, Russian and German. When she left school at 18, she applied for a job with Finnair. She did the intense training course and passed with flying colours.

After a year and a half on domestic flights, she was given the option to do the short-haul Helsinki-Moscow run. She is always cheerful when on the job, always helpful and has a lot of patience, especially with irritatingly flirtatious men. The fact that she is gay, and came out to her parents when she was 16, has never interfered with her work. Off the job, she tends to be less gregarious. Time to herself is valuable to her and while she would, eventually, like to find a woman she can settle down with, her ambition at the moment is to get on one of the trans-Atlantic flights. She considers this more important than a permanent relationship, and tends to have a somewhat promiscuous attitude towards other women.

NSFW Pic

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dashenka

Nice one. Bit skinnier than I expected but shes definately in :D

Chrystal

Hey, I have a thing for chubbies, I don't always play them... lol!

And, YAY!

Dashenka

Hehe added Rikki to the OOC.

Join us there and then the game. It has begun :P

Chrystal

gaggedLouise

Speaking of Finnair....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mun5Tji3ySk

There was another ad that used to run on BBC World News with the same boss and mid-level manager, where the middle guy played the role of snooty and arrogant boss to the hilt - then suddenly his boss comes back in of course, like in the ad above, and they stare at each other without a word. Then:

"Uh...you're back early?"
(pause, then the boss speaking in a very tough boss voice ) "I should have reminded you that I always fly Finnair!"

:D

Chrystal

gaggedLouise

As far as I know yes, open. We landed in a bit of a lull, posting wise 'cause several of us became busy with other stuff and with our daily lives, but I hope we will soon be out of that.  :-)

Relikai

Quote from: gaggedLouise on June 17, 2016, 12:01:14 AM
As far as I know yes, open. We landed in a bit of a lull, posting wise 'cause several of us became busy with other stuff and with our daily lives, but I hope we will soon be out of that.  :-)

Cool~ Seeing as this is akin to XCOM or other such themes, I might be interested when activity picks up :)

*Sees many females*

Surely a male character would be nice? :P