Any Shadowrun games?

Started by Vice, April 15, 2007, 12:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasen03

Hey Used Carlot.. that's exactly how I feel. :) I miss the old days of Shadowrun.. living on the edge of the barrens to fall under the radar.. getting that big score and splurging until the next corp comes knocking..either opportunity or for revenge.  Being double crossed by your Johnson and expecting it coming.

Right now my RL is VERY overwhelming..but after my current project comes to an end.. maybe we can talk about pulling something together.

Hunter

If it's third, I'll likely play.

Swedish Steel

I don't know what people have against 4th. I like it much better actually.
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

Hunter

Because I can build and run in 3rd without any books on hand.

kasen03

I actually recently picked up the 4th edition.  Although I am normally one balking at change - I'm actually going to give it the benifit of the doubt.. and then deny it and crawl back into my tiny safe place :D

I'm in the middle of a busy RL work period.. but as the slow down approaches, I've found a couple people RL who are interested in a SR game.. so I'm in the planning stages of starting a game.  And I still keep coming back here.. as I can't avoid all things SR :D

Swedish Steel - I'd love to chat sometime to get your feelings on the 4th.  Personally I played 1st, 2nd and 3rd back in 'the day'.. although I've not tabletopped in ages. :(

Swedish Steel

Sure thing. I started with 2nd edition myself. Always loved the game, but not the rules. The rules in 4th edition is a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned. It feels a bit more streamlined.

On Off page:

Used Carlot

I only advocate 3rd because I don't have 4th and I have a bunch of books for 3rd ed.

Swedish Steel

I have every book going back to 2nd edition, some first edition stuff too. You  could say I'm a collector. :)

On Off page:

kasen03

Mm.. from what I've seen so far I am not convinced about 4th edition.  I do have a future tabletop game being formed..so I can put it to the test.  I dunno..there is something about throwing those 14 dice for a firearm's check and getting a result in the 20's or 30's :D

The new stuff for Augmented Reality is pretty wiz.  Just opens up so many ideas.. but at the same time.. terribly complicates the game.  Not mechanics wise.. but a team has got to be VERY careful now about their electronic intelligence and counter-intelligence.

Swedish Steel

I like AR. That way the decker (or hacker) won't have to stay behind. They always ended up feeling left out before...

On Off page:

kasen03

Yeah.. typically our parties would always NPC the decker for that very reason.  Once the team would get into the site - then everyone would sit and wait while the decker did his run.

VR 2.0 helped abit.. the new decking rules made it abit faster..but the whole AR helps :)

Hunter

Quote from: Swedish Steel on July 21, 2007, 07:29:48 AM
I like AR. That way the decker (or hacker) won't have to stay behind. They always ended up feeling left out before...

Really?  Ours almost always came along.

Swedish Steel

Quote from: Hunter on July 21, 2007, 08:16:49 AM
Really?  Ours almost always came along.

Well, ours did too, eventually, but only after cybering up so he was more street samurai than decker. He felt tired of being left out.

On Off page:

Hunter

Quote from: Swedish Steel on July 21, 2007, 01:32:38 PM
Well, ours did too, eventually, but only after cybering up so he was more street samurai than decker. He felt tired of being left out.

Ours didn't cyber up.  He simply hid behind the sammy with wired 3, the combat mage, the phys ad, the..  (you get the idea)

Idachan

Eh, when I played a decker I was laying out cold in an old garage while following the rest in the Matrix simply.

kasen03

We once had one who did the 1/2 sammy 1/2 decker - problem was he wasn't terribly wiz at either.  Against a regular sammy he'd come up short, and against the harder stuff in the matrix he'd be similiarly tanked.

Problem is. like most things.. to be great at your profession one tends to need to specialize :D

I've been slowly pouring over the rules.. it will be interesting to see what they do.  Which expansions are out for 4.0?  Do they have Rigger out for all the vehicles.. Fields of fire for the HVARs?  etc?  It seemed when they reset they dropped all the expansions.  Also.. are they still using the SOTA?  I loved SOTA - a way for GM's to wrestle Neyen back from the hording PCs :D

Hunter

Quote from: kasen03 on July 22, 2007, 06:59:11 AM
We once had one who did the 1/2 sammy 1/2 decker - problem was he wasn't terribly wiz at either.  Against a regular sammy he'd come up short, and against the harder stuff in the matrix he'd be similiarly tanked.

Problem is. like most things.. to be great at your profession one tends to need to specialize :D

I've been slowly pouring over the rules.. it will be interesting to see what they do.  Which expansions are out for 4.0?  Do they have Rigger out for all the vehicles.. Fields of fire for the HVARs?  etc?  It seemed when they reset they dropped all the expansions.  Also.. are they still using the SOTA?  I loved SOTA - a way for GM's to wrestle Neyen back from the hording PCs :D

I only hoard when the GM is stingy.  Otherwise, I spend rather freely.   :P

kylie

I'm sorry, I cannot resist... 

Are you guyz *still* trying to figure out whether or what to run?

This is really code for some secret game that's already in the final chapter, right?

Heh.

kasen03

Nah.. lately we've just been yabbering about the different versions of the game system.  I don't have time to start up a large group game here (plus I still have that bad taste from my other large games which were torpedo'd) - I know Hunter just started up his game - so he's set and there is a home for people wanting to play.

I've been liking all of Celestial's comments on the game :)

*waves to Kylie*  I don't think we've talked since way back when we played the Model Hostage together :D

Hunter

It doesn't look like my game is going very far.  Please feel free to start up something else.