Assassins Among Us - Day Three

Started by persephone325, March 14, 2014, 11:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

The peaceful and serene town of Whitecourt has once again been plunged into chaos. Lady Persephone survived the horror of assassins once before. Now they are back. Terrified, the young woman has increased security throughout the town.

But the assassins slipped through the cracks once before, who's to say they won't do it again? The only trouble is, who is working with them?

• Blythe
  • Elandra
  • Ithnuul
  • Josietta
  • Leorobin
  • Lisar
  • MabFaerie
  • Mr B
  • Phaia
  • Rapt
  • Remiel
  • Sasha
  • Silver
  • Starlequin
  • SunshineSparkle
  • Tersius
  • ThatRPGuy
  • Valerian
  • Yugi

Citizens
Doctor
Police Officer
Undercover Neutral Party
Elderly Couple
Assassin Trainer
Master Marksman
Devoted Lackey
Regular Assassin(s)?
Witness - Not used yet

Day 1 - Josi is voted in as Sheriff
Night 1 - Silver is assassinated
Rapt leaves the town
Day 2 - Sunshine is exiled
Ithnuul leaves the town
Night 2 - Uneventful
Day 3 -
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

Morning breaks in Whitecourt, and a little girl screams loudly. One by one, the townspeople wake and rush to the source of the scream.

Whitecourt's beloved, yet elderly, sheriff has been slain by the assassins. The town is plunged into chaos yet again, and Lady Persephone weeps. Wiping her eyes, she addresses the townsfolk.

"It seems... Assassins have come to plague us again. Before we can begin to figure out who among us are working for them, we must elect a new sheriff right now. Otherwise, the chaos would overwhelm us."

Please cast your vote for the new Sheriff in bold!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Blythe

Blythe stands forward and says, "This is a horrible crime. Assassins now in Whitecourt? Our Sheriff was well-loved, and it pains me to think of who might replace him. But he was an elderly fellow, and we must look to strong leadership. I propose Ithnuul as our new Sheriff; she would do fine at protecting us in these troubled times."

Elandra

As dawn breaks, Elandra is awoken by the screams of the girl. Hurriedly she rushed to the square and upon seeing the sheriff's dead body, she cried out, "This is horrible."

Knowing they would need a replacement sooner rather than later she did her best to choke back her sadness and stated, "Blythe should be our new sheriff."
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Josietta

Josietta was as shocked as the others and furrowed a brow at the idea that someone would kill their Sheriff. A good person like that taken far too soon for her liking. His life may have been well lived but still a murder is not acceptable in any town. She looked to the others and nods toward Blythe.  "I agree.. Blythe for sheriff!"  She did give a smile toward ThatRPGuy for his vote of confidence in her but she was no lawman/person. She did thank him however and offered to have him join her later for some tea and cakes. She needed something to settle her nerves that was for sure. With a death like that no one would be safe until they had a new Sheriff to help lead them.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

Josi (4) - RPGuy, Yugi, Mab, Mr B
Blythe (3) - Josi, Elandra, Remi
Ithnuul (2) - Blythe, Val
Rapt (1) - Phaia
Mr B (1) - Rapt
Lisar (1) - Leorobin
Sasha (1) - Star
Total: 13

Not yet voted:
Ithnuul
Lisar
Sasha
Silver
SunshineSparkle
Tersius
I don't know.

Remiel

I concur with the others. Blythe seems a pleasant enough chap.

Phaia

On her morning run, Phaia, is startled  by the little girl's scream, Her long legs flash as she hurries to the scene and her eyes widen at the sight. "Who could have done such a horrid deed, I am new to our fair burg but I feel that Rapt looks best suited for handling the investigation and the job of Sheriff."

yugi006

So I believe that Josietta would be the best choice for sheriff.

Bruja

The hurt of losing their beloved sheriff evident on her face, the lady Rapt looks at her fellow townsfolk and sighs. "We need someone steady and strong in this office, with a good conscious to boot. I say Mr.B should lead us into discovering who keeps our harmony at bay"

MabFaerie

MabFaerie's eyes snapped open wide as a sharp and piercing scream sounded nearby.
"Not again." She whispered to herself, a faint memory of days long lost flickering through her mind before she forced herself out of bed and half-stumbled towards the open courtyard.
This had to be a bad dream, Whitecourt couldn't be under attack for a second time! It was over now, wasn't it? Those days were gone...

"No..." MabFaerie felt all the wind escape her as the eerily statuesque body of the former sheriff slid into her view. This had to be a trick, right? A terrible, horrible trick. This couldn't be happening again. History did not actually repeat itself... right?

As other citizens of Whitecourt approached the town square with looks of horror and fear marring their usually cheerful faces, MabFaerie knew for sure that this really was happening again. Whitecourt was under attack once more.
History had not repeated itself...
It had rhymed.

Shaking away her own horrors, she took another unsteady breath and wiped at the tears that threatened to spill.
"Josietta, you have always been a smart, level-headed girl. I think we can all agree that Whitecourt looks to you for guidance in it's hour of need. It is in my opinion that you would be a wonderful Sheriff."
The mind is it's own place; and can make a heaven of hell; and a hell of heaven.

Valerian

Val was more than a little shaken as she joined the others.  Everyone seemed as shocked as she was -- yet that could not be true for all of them, she realized, and shivered as she thought of the evil lurking among them, hiding in the crowd in plain sight.  But it was true; the first thing they needed was a leader, and she nodded as the others began to vote.  "I agree with Blythe," she said quietly.  "Ithnuul would be a fine sheriff."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mr Bigglesworth

Mr. B. was saddened to hear of the death of the town's beloved sheriff, though he really wasn't that surprised, there was a feeling in his gut that this was coming, perhaps he was just paranoid.  One thing was for sure though, in order to prevent panic in Whitecourt somebody needed to be in charge.  I too think Josietta would be an excellent sheriff, he announced confidently.

Zelric Miras

"Another one kicks the bucket..." Leorobin muttered as he saw the old sheriff prone on the ground. He would have hoped to be the first to arrive, the sheriff had had a nice hat. Oh well. "I guess we could try lisar as Sheriff, you should know it isn't a position known for being a long term job. It is usually somewhat short-lived."

Starlequin

Starlequin pushed his pince-nez higher up on his short, downturned nose and tittered absently as the others crowded around the body. As he lowered his white-gloved hand he was slightly horrified to see a speck of soot marring the pristine fabric of his shirtsleeve and a brief cry of anguish escaped him. One of the other townsfolk turned to offer him a pitying look of sympathy, and he supposed they mistook his outburst for a show of sympathy for the newly departed.  Which of course was terribly sad, a tragedy worthy of song to be sure but just look at the filthy silk on his wrist, heavens it was ruined!

The clamoring of the citizenry at last drew his attention from his own personal suffering to that of their community, and Starlequin sighed as he realized they'd probably insist on hearing his opinion on the matter sooner or later. How very droll, casting lots for a new Sheriff! He supposed there was some wisdom in the matter, for at the least the faster the question was settled the sooner he could reach the dry cleaners' in hopes of rescuing his beleaguered wardrobe.

"No no no, you're going about this business all wrong," he tutted as a lull formed in the conversation. "What we need here is some fresh perspective, an outside view so to speak. Someone capable of bringing an objective sort of mindset to the problem. Someone like, er... well, like that fellow over there." Starlequin waved carelessly to the side and randomly pointed at Sasha, who happened to be neither an outsider nor a fellow, in the general sense of the term. The dapper dandy rolled his eyes at his own aim, but resolved to stand by his 'decision.'

"Ah, er, that is to say... well, yes. Yes, she'll do quite admirably, I'm sure."
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

SunshineSparkle

Blythe looks good enough to be the Sheriff.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

lisar

Lisar arrived just in time to hear Leorobin's subtle remark and wondered if it was an accusation.  It only took her a moment to realize that the sheriff had been killed.  "I actually think that taking part in public office is a noble duty, regardless of your opinion of the term length," she remarked staring him down.  "However, I think that our fair Josi will fill out the sheriff's uniform much better than me."

Vonandi

I vote Rapt for the  sheriff's office

persephone325

Josi (7) - RPGuy, Yugi, Mab, Mr B, Lisar, Tersius, Phaia
Blythe (4) - Josi, Elandra, Remi, Sunshine
Ithnuul (2) - Blythe, Val
Rapt (1) - Ithnuul
Mr B (1) - Rapt
Lisar (1) - Leorobin
Sasha (1) - Star
Total: 17

Not yet voted:
Sasha
Silver
I don't know.

Tersius

I will cast my vote for the lovely Josie for the open Sheriff's position.

Phaia

After listening to the other town folk speak and voice their views. All perhaps save for the dandy in the silk clad gloves. Phaia mind was changed, some thing about how she held herself gvae creadnace to the others so she spoke up. "I have decided that maybe I was wrong in my first choice and feel that Joisetta would be a much better choice for Sheriff"

persephone325

Persephone nodded and approached Josietta, the new town Sheriff.

"Josi, the people have chosen you to lead them. Please find out who is behind this madness. Our lives depend on it." She said, before quickly disappearing into her home.
I don't know.

persephone325

The night passes...

Morning breaks, and the townspeople wake one by one and begin their daily routines. All except Silver. Her body was found in an alley near her house.

The poor citizen never saw it coming...

Please cast your votes in bold, otherwise they will not be counted.
I don't know.