News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dream Walkers

Started by Simica, September 10, 2008, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simica

Introduction Story

There has been tales, tales of a world beyond this one. Though it is curious, how did this world come about? From what I know, it was the maker. I have spent many years studying old truths and forgotten lies. Allow me to enlighten you about tales from beyond ours.

It was first told that his soul separated from his body many generations ago. These writings were placed on scrolls from middle ages.  I have never seen the scrolls myself; however, I have read the test upon them. He left many in tears; he was a teacher of energies and freedom.

Though, there has been reports afterwards, from lovers and cared ones, that they had seen him, they had talked to him.  They, themselves, soon left their bodies, however, not in the same aspect. Some were hung, believed by others of witchcraft. Others, locked away for the ages to take its toll on their bodies.

Then nothing. His tales stop. Any word of him was doomed to be lost. That was until recently.

The year is 2012.

And there has been speak of a world beyond this one. One filled with bliss. It is, from what I know. It is a perfect world. A place to escape the real world restraints and stresses, a place to be free.

How do I know this? I have been there, we have all have been there, in some form or another. Every time we close our eyes and fall under the spell of sleep. We touch it. However, there is another way.

It has been called the D tablet. However, unlike any other pill, this one allows you to see the world in a new way. It is essentially a gateway, a gateway to the next world. 

Many have sought after this tablet. However, few have been given out. I can say that this myth or tale is true.  If you come across this gift, use it well. Embrace it. He only gives out a handful each year.

Details.

-Characters
All players will be required to create two characters. One from the real world, and the other from the dream world.  The characters from the dream world will not look like the characters from the real world. They will take on one physical persona. These personas can be any race or a race that you create for yourself.  Please keep them having a physical form. EI full animal characters, unless they can transform ( like a werewolf).

-Medical/tablet

Death, in the real world, will your mind die. And vice versa.  The tablet is not detectable through the body. The body found that it would have high effects on people of heightened energy levels; these are the people that are able to full embrace the gift.  In rare cases, there are those that were trapped between worlds, thus causing their bodies to be in a state of hibernation, coma of sorts.  However, this state has not been caused by any physical trauma. Their brain wave lengths normal. It is as if they chose not to wake up. We have come across abnormal behaviour during this time.

The tablet itself will be the size of a penny, orb shaped. Its contents not powered but a swirling vortex of colors, energies.

-NPCs/The Maker
There will be npc’s throughout the game. The maker being one as well. However, the maker will only be a part of the NPC list when handing out the ‘gifts’ This is the only time that any player will be allowed to use him, is when the gift is presented to them.

The way that the Maker presents the gift. Is that the world around you and him slows down to the point of people moving in extreme slow motion. He will not speak only simply look at you with a box, within this box is the gift aka the tablet. Once the gift is taken, everything will go back to normal and no one around you will be the wiser. Everyone will go through this process.

-Energies/Abilities
Each character will be allowed special abilities that will deal with your character. Each one will be different. Since the tablets will have mildly different affects on each character. This could affect your character in the real world and/or the dream world. You will have your choice of this. If I have concerns, I will speak to you privately.

-Dream world
Though your abilities may or may not affect you in real life. The dream world will have a basic look. However your energies such as emotions will affect a certain area around you.

As an example, Say your character is in the dream world and is in a bad mood. The plant life may wither around you. However, after a certain distance it will go back to its normal state.

The world itself, would be very accepting and open. Sexuality is allowed within the world and connections between characters are encouraged.

Things I wish to accomplish with this game:

Well first off, this idea has been stuck in my mind for the past while now. And my muse has not allowed me to really think of much more (apologies to those that I owe posts to)

I would like this game to be more storyline and connection between characters than sexual. Though sexual experiences will come into play in the dream world. The next thing, is even though this is fantasy based. I would still like to keep realism to it. So for example, if say your character is in coma, you have to think of family, eating ect.

Another thing I would like to accomplish during this game, is emotional tar. Character verse him/herself, emotional and mental issues of being between these worlds. As well as the acceptance. How will people react if you were to say what really was going on in your mind. Ect

In general, I would like to see more than one paragraph of writing.  At this moment, I am only looking for a small group of people to play in this, to allow everyone to have attention.

At this moment, I am not fully sure what type of section it will go under.

I would like to add. if you have any questions. dont hesitate to ask in here or private. I know there are a few things that I have no touched on yet.

As well as I would like to have those that are interested in this. please tell me or post. any comments are welcomed as well.

Simica

First Group

Simica
Haibane
Zeon
Atlus
Inerrant Lust

As a side note. I would like to start off with a small group but then reopen it for more members to join in.

Another side note:

Zeon is on vacation right now. so threads will not be posted up until he comes back.

As well as Everyone will be starting off on their own. before they get into the dream world. This will allow everyone to get a bit more of a feel for their real life characters.

Haibane

Please consider me as interested. Your notes actually do not give much away and I don't have a clue what the story or plot is but your description of the world(s) are so enthralling that I'm in.

Atlus

I have a very similar novel I'm working on. I'd love to play around with some unexplored concepts in the contexts of an RP though. Consider me very interested.
How profound such profanity can be.

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Simica

Quote from: Atlus on September 10, 2008, 04:53:03 PM
I have a very similar novel I'm working on. I'd love to play around with some unexplored concepts in the contexts of an RP though. Consider me very interested.

ok, I am glad you are interested. if you have any questions, I will try to answer them without giving anything away lol

As I just recently added, I would like to start off with a small group and close it. then reopen it to more members.

I do have plans for sequels as well. if all goes well with this one

Atlus

So am I in the first group, or waiting for the reopening?

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=16848.0" target="_blank">Ons and Offs</a>

Simica

Quote from: Atlus on September 10, 2008, 06:10:44 PM
So am I in the first group, or waiting for the reopening?

If you wish to join in, yes you would be in the first group. I can send you a character sheet now if you want ^_^

Atlus

Simica

I am hoping that everyone will be ok with this game is

NC human freeform

if not please tell me. I dont want anyone to be uncomfortable.

Atlus

Good to know. I'll refrain from making a character that will push things towards extreme.

Inerrant Lust

I believe you already know my basic character concept..although, I have some new ideas.

Should I post them here or PM them to you?  :P

Haibane

Four males and two females? Nice :]

I'm assuming the 4 male players have male characters...? Is that a wise assumption?

Simica, will you be playing a character or just NPCs and GMing?

Simica

The characters may surprise you Haibane ^_^

I have no issue with crossbending genders if anyone doesnt. Though for the most part that may be a wise assumption.

Some may be male in RW some may be female in the DW. This would bring more of a mind twist to both the person and anyone else that meets them down the road. ( which will be interesting. and I like interesting ^_^)

I will be playing a character as well.

As for NPC in the real world. everyone can  create their own.

As for abilities. I would like to touch bases on this more. Since this seems to be an issue.

The abilities for the real life section. I want to see realistic ones. However, they do not have to be strictly that either.

Remember people in the real world claim to be able to see the future ect. So such abilities I will allow in the real world as well.

However, with such abilites. these ones I will have to look more into and make sure it wont interrupt anything in the plots.

Also remember the character sheet I have given to you guys. is just a basic one. Please keep in mind of everyone's O/O's as well. If you want. you may like your o/o threads in your character profiles if you think it is needed.

I dont want to have any feel uncomfortable. This story will be based more on a story than sexual. However, we will stll have connections with characters ect.

At the beginning I want to have everyone play out their character and get use to them. play with them a bit.

Once I have the threads set up I will be explaining in further detail as well.

Inerrant. I will send you the character profile.

Haibane

Quote from: Simica on September 11, 2008, 03:39:30 PM
I have no issue with crossbending genders if anyone doesnt.
When I started on E and up to a while age I had a BIG problem with this but recently I have begun to mellow. While I don't mind cross-gendering in a game I would still be hesitant about interacting with such characters and would prefer to avoid sexual interaction. Will that be a problem?

Simica

Quote from: Haibane on September 11, 2008, 05:09:11 PM
When I started on E and up to a while age I had a BIG problem with this but recently I have begun to mellow. While I don't mind cross-gendering in a game I would still be hesitant about interacting with such characters and would prefer to avoid sexual interaction. Will that be a problem?

I do not see a problem with this. just make sure it is clear to everyone else. Like I said, I do not wish for anyone to feel uncomfortable.

When all character profiles are set up. We will be able to fully see what everyone has for characters.

At this moment, for those that send me character profiles. I just want to go over them and confirm them.

As well as, I would just like to note to everyone. If you are not happy with a character after posting as them. You are able to kill hem off. If it is not to late in the game ( if it is early and no one has interacted with our character. then You are able to just delete your posts and please notify all other players.) You will be able to do this once (recreating a character after killing the first one) then you will have to wait for the reopening.

I would like to see everyone get into their characters and really enjoy them. I am a huge fan of people being able to put effort into their characters. and really develop them.

Simica

The Real World (RW) is our actual real world set in 2012, yes? No fantasy, nothing, maybe a couple of scientific advances and discoveries. Is that right?

Correct

The Dream World (DW) is the world of human dreams, only... its real and our alter egos can go there due to having been provided with this tablet. Is that more or less correct?

Correct

DW in real life (that is the place I will go tonight while I am sleeping) is a place without proper geography or time flow, you can jump anywhere and scenes jump about without a proper flow of time. How much like this will the game DW be?

The DW will have a basic outline of the dream world. However it will only be partly made by the creator. Like and empty slate. It will be up the characters to create the rest of it.  ( will explain more later)
There will be not much time. Other than 1 hour in the real world will be say half an hour in the dream world.

A lot of the game will be in the DW however, you must keep in mind that your character in the real world. Has their life’s to deal with as well. So most of the time the real life will be played solo unless two characters ( and npc ect) meet up in the real world. However, you have to deal with family, if you have them ect.

I hope that makes sense >_<

I'm struggling a little with the differences between the RW and DW characters we have. I thought they were essentially the same, had the same name and looked the same but in the DW we have 'powers'. Am I well off target here? I'm assuming I am since the character sheet allows for name/gender/sexpref/appearance in both settings thus I assume they are different? I was wondering though why age is only listed in RW?

Age is not a huge issue in the DW, the age for the DW would be pretty much how long you have been there. Since it is like being born again. They are essentially the same other than they will have abilities and different appearance. As for the name difference it is so that people cant hunt you down in the RW.

Abilities in RW are your persons real skills (i.e. car drive a car, fly a helicopter, is an accomplished mountaineer, is a rocket scientist - stuff like that, yes?)

Yes.  This will help with what type of plot that I work with. I want to make sure everyone has an important role in the game. I have a few different plots that I can work with. As the game is an empty shell at the moment.

Are we restricted to location at all?

No you are not restricted to location. Moving ect things like that are not a problem. I want this game to have a realistic view as well. People move. I would like to see people from all about the world.

If there is anything that I may have not touched bases on as much as you liked. Then please don’t hesitate to ask.

Simica

ok so I have started to set up the other threads. I am still waiting to see a few peoples profiles. but here is the link to the game info and character sheets thread

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=20828.0