1 New Message

Started by Alhanna, July 13, 2016, 10:26:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alhanna

Okay..... I noticed this problem last night but was using my mobile for it. This morning, I'm checking with my laptop and confirms: I have 1 new message for my private messages. Except... it's not there? I've looked and looked and cannot find this new message anywhere! Is this a glitch or...?

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

AmberStarfire

Out of curiousity, how many messages do you have?

Alhanna

*coughs* >.> I'm due for a cleaning: 2775.

The Oath of the Drake

She's real, she's deep, she's logical and mystical. She believes in kindness and oneness and romance. She's sensitive and distant, a warrior, a lover. She believes in road trips to the stars and dancing with the universe. She's fearless and gentle, wondrous and brave. She lives in waterfalls and forests and sunsets and galaxies. She's the artist, the thinker, the poem and the dream. - Creig Crippen

AmberStarfire

It wouldn't be due to message number then.

It sounds like something only Veks could fix.

Beguile's Mistress

It's a problem that crops up every now and then.  It will correct itself eventually.  I think with the next server update.  If you have no "New" orange bubbles in your inbox or any of your folders you're fine. :-)

Alhanna

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 13, 2016, 11:42:53 AM
It's a problem that crops up every now and then.  It will correct itself eventually.  I think with the next server update.  If you have no "New" orange bubbles in your inbox or any of your folders you're fine. :-)

Ahh. Okay. First time it's happened to me. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to that. I was like "Where is it?!" last night. Lol!

All right. I'll just trust that it'll go away.

The Oath of the Drake

Vekseid

If it's a cache problem, it goes away on its own after some time, though you can log out and back in to force it.

Sometimes getting a pm sent to you will fix it.

Other times I have to edit the DB manually. : /

Alhanna

Hm. Okay. I tried logging out and then back in... no. Plus it even gave me the pop-up of new message despite there being none.

I guess we'll see what'll happen when someone sends me a PM.

I'll keep you updated.

The Oath of the Drake

Alhanna

Hm. Yeah. No. A new PM didn't boot it either. How strange!

The Oath of the Drake

Vekseid

Erf.

Need to write a script for this >_>

Should be fixxored.

Alhanna

Quote from: Vekseid on July 13, 2016, 12:44:10 PM
Erf.

Need to write a script for this >_>

Should be fixxored.

Sorry, Veks! :(

The Oath of the Drake

Oreo

I am curious if any of the people with issues have labels? I had moved one of my PMs to a labeled folder. Once I moved it back to the inbox the extra message cleared. This is the third time it has happened. Moving recently moved PMs seems to fix it for me.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Alhanna

Erm... problem did go away, but it's back. >.> Sorry, Veks. (Unless you haven't had a chance to tweak said code, in which case, please ignore with sincerest apologies!)

The Oath of the Drake