News:

Main Menu

Started by Bandita, March 24, 2013, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandita

Okay, so hear me out.  I see a person's avatar and I wonder, Is that what they look like?  The ones that have pictures anyhow.  And when I see a picture that is not identifiable, for example, body parts or seduction scenes, I tend to ask myself if that picture represents the person, or if the picture is just a picture.

So in my clumsy way, I am asking, why do people pick their avatars, is it somehow representative of them?  Is it a fetish? Just some picture that looked neat?

Mine is a phoenix, and I happen to love fire, and flying, and birds... I know weird, but it's sort of a thing, and I love the mythos and idea of it.  It's sexy to me.

What is yours?

Beguile's Mistress

It isn't weird at all.  I happen to like your avatar a lot.

People pick avatars based on what they like or what might inspire them.  I happen to thing women in men's shirts are sexy.  I wear them a lot at home and I like the pose in my avatar.  Some are representative of a member's personality or a favorite character.  Artists might display their work and some members choose avatars based on feelings or emotions.

The reasons are as varied as the people.

Bandita

Agreed, women in men's shirts are incredibly sexy.  I'd love to see original artworks.  The problem is that until someone tells me that it is their own work I don't know that. And I love original artworks.

SinXAzgard21

Mine is me, really me.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Caeli

Well, nothing is stopping you from asking. :-)

And people have many, many different reasons for choosing the avatars that they use. If you're ever curious, I doubt anybody would take offense at a politely-worded PM asking about the avatar.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ephiral

Mine is a little self-reminder of how stupid you look when you get into drama on the Internet. And it makes me snicker if I wind up talking to someone who is way overly-dramatic.

The Golden Touch

Mine are usually always redheads and then they have a meaning behind them, subtle or not so subtle.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Bandita

Caeli:  I know that, but I also thought it would be fun to just ask everyone at once.  If someone doesn't want to say, then they don't have to post it up here, and they don't have to deal with being singled out with a PM.  Which I absolutely have done before. I practically pandered someone due to their avatar not all that long ago. 

But still, am happy to be getting responses here. 

Ephiral, I love the reasoning behind yours.  Awesome.

SinXAzgard, your mask makes me want to look and see what's under it.  :D

and Golden Touch,  I have to say I adore redheads, so please, don't stop that trend on my account.

kylie

I tend toward figures I am very taken with, or might like to have. 

Whether one calls that a fetish or a matter of self-expression (or exploration too)...  I suppose it varies, but also overlaps a good deal.  There are also some aspects of imagery that have more to do with the atmosphere and materials or surfaces included -- how it all feels to me as a whole. 

Izzie Aditi

There's also a thread here that may give some insight :-).
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Bandita

Dang.  How did I miss that thread.  I kind of want to see if I can merge mine now.