Today is... Updated 12/13/12

Started by Beguile's Mistress, December 12, 2012, 09:24:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

12-12-12

QuoteToday is 12-12-12, the last major numerical date using the Gregorian or Christian calendar for almost another century. The next time three numbers will align as they did on 9-9-09, 10-10-10 and 11-11-11 will be on Jan. 1, 3001, or 1-1-1.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/12-12-12-separates-believers-skeptics/story?id=17929997#.UMigbKNph6Y

I'm wondering if anyone is paying attention.

Moraline

Quote"It's been said that 12-12-12 is a special moment in time, a "master shift, "peak point in spiritual energy," and even a time of "ascension," when spiritual initiates "ascend" to a wonderful new existence, one free of personal adversity and karma," said Petullo, who disagrees.

Maybe that means it will balance out all this impending, Dec 21rst, Doomsday talk?

Tsenta

Numerics like this rather amuse me, I dunno why. Next year is our last chance at a leading up sequence as well (11-12-13 depending how you mark your calendars)   And won't have such an event until 1-2-2103.    So basically today and next year are the last time things fall in sync for roughly...97-98 years?
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Avis habilis

Oniya

QuoteToday is 12-12-12, the last major numerical date using the Gregorian or Christian calendar for almost another century. The next time three numbers will align as they did on 9-9-09, 10-10-10 and 11-11-11 will be on Jan. 1, 3001, or 1-1-1.

Wouldn't it be Jan 1, 2101?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Moraline

Oniya

I don't know anyone who writes mm/dd/yyy (or dd/mm/yyy).

It's always either mm/dd/yyyy (all four digits) or mm/dd/yy (last two.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Tsenta

Lots of people write MM/DD/YY just not everyone. :P
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Oniya

Right.  What I've never seen is anyone who writes exactly three digits of the year.  (I left out the European/US flip in my two examples for sake of conciseness.)

Beguile's Mistress

01-01-01 is good for January 1, 2101 or any year ending in 01.

I noticed that when I read the article though the did say the gap was around 100 years before they gave the 3001 date.

Oniya

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on December 12, 2012, 11:42:30 AM
I noticed that when I read the article though the did say the gap was around 100 years before they gave the 3001 date.

That's what I was getting at.  ;)

Moraline

I was just following the 3001 logic.

Of course, I think numerology is as much a farce as the Dec 21rst Doomsday bunk.

Oniya

'S all right - I missed the humor tags.  ;D

Beguile's Mistress