Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teo Torriatte

Something needs to happen to our disgusting president. Asshole holds a press conference to try to assuage fears about the coronavirus so his precious stock numbers can go back up, and he has the fucking gall to blame the stock dive on the democratic primary field. No, asshole, the stocks are going down because no one has any confidence that the leadership of one of the most powerful countries in the world has any idea what the fuck they are doing.

I know he says stuff like that partly to get just this kind of reaction. But anyone stupid enough to actually believe this shit seriously should lose the right to vote.

Teo Torriatte

Sorry for the double post... seriously we can't edit posts in here? Anyhoo.. I might have oversimplified the economic issues but the reason sure as hell isn't because people are looking at the Democratic primary field. That's just ridiculous. Does anyone really believe that?

Oniya

Quote from: Teo Torriatte on February 27, 2020, 02:40:58 PM
Sorry for the double post... seriously we can't edit posts in here? Anyhoo.. I might have oversimplified the economic issues but the reason sure as hell isn't because people are looking at the Democratic primary field. That's just ridiculous. Does anyone really believe that?

The edit feature was removed from this board because of some egregious abuse of it.  Double posts aren't a problem.

Considering the fact that Trump dismantled the infrastructure that Obama put in place to help deal with pandemics (because he can't stand Obama), I'm not surprised that the general public and the international markets have no faith that he can deal with this unfolding situation.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Teo Torriatte

So the Dow finished down another 1000+ points today. Third day this week it went down that much. Trump is undoubtedly going to try to blame the Democratic party again. Only stupid people will believe him.

Also, we just learned that all future statements and appearances by administration officials regarding the coronavirus outbreak now have to be cleared by Trump stooge Mike Pence.

So now we have justice dept investigations potentially involving the president needing to be cleared by Trump stooge Bill Barr, and now this. How is this not autocracy?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Teo Torriatte on February 27, 2020, 03:07:58 PM
So the Dow finished down another 1000+ points today. Third day this week it went down that much. Trump is undoubtedly going to try to blame the Democratic party again. Only stupid people will believe him.

Also, we just learned that all future statements and appearances by administration officials regarding the coronavirus outbreak now have to be cleared by Trump stooge Mike Pence.

So now we have justice dept investigations potentially involving the president needing to be cleared by Trump stooge Bill Barr, and now this. How is this not autocracy?

Yeah Mike Pence, the guy who drove HIV and HEP infection rates in his star under his leadership thru the roof by such fine actions as defunding planned parenthood without a replacement testing facility in the area or deciding that the war on drugs was more important than managing dirty needle infection rates.

That leaves me utterly confident on the outcome when ALL communications about this potential epidemic disease under the control of him

TheGlyphstone

He'll reassure us that if we all pray hard enough, coronavirus will single out the sinners and unbelievers.

Oniya

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on February 27, 2020, 11:20:53 PM
He'll reassure us that if we all pray hard enough, coronavirus will single out the sinners and unbelievers.

Well, that's gonna drive a lot of people to the churches.

Lots of sick people.

In close contact.

I think I'm going to keep skipping church.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Missy

So if Coronavirus is gods punishment against the wicked unbelievers and the best place to get Coronavirus is where the fundamentalist vice-president tells religious sycophants to go to solve the problem, does than mean Pence has a secret message to offer about gods opinion on his faith?

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: Teo Torriatte on February 27, 2020, 03:07:58 PM

Bit on the news the morning saying that a 1% drop in the FTSE 100 is significant, so far this week it's dropped over 10%. Not sure how the DNC primaries figure into that.

And even if the stock markets are moving in response to the DNC primaries, are the drops in the market linked to the Democrats winning or losing in November?

Teo Torriatte

Just imagine how fucked we would be if Corona and Ebola had happened in the reverse order, with Corona breaking out during the Obama administration and Ebola now breaking out during the inept Trump debacle? It gives me chills even thinking about it. The world can not afford another four years of this shit. We need to get rid of this guy, hopefully at the ballot box in November.

Kitteredge

Quote from: Orval Wintermute on February 28, 2020, 03:39:16 AM
Bit on the news the morning saying that a 1% drop in the FTSE 100 is significant, so far this week it's dropped over 10%. Not sure how the DNC primaries figure into that.

And even if the stock markets are moving in response to the DNC primaries, are the drops in the market linked to the Democrats winning or losing in November?

The drop has nothing to do with the primaries, that's just Trump trying to blame them. The stock market has been running on smoke and mirrors for a while and the shutdown of global trade has led to a panic.

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: Kitteredge on February 28, 2020, 09:40:23 AM
The drop has nothing to do with the primaries, that's just Trump trying to blame them. The stock market has been running on smoke and mirrors for a while and the shutdown of global trade has led to a panic.
Of course they're not connected but the obvious question to ask Trump and his supporters who are convinced in he'll win in  November is "If the markets are reacting badly to the Democratic primaries, is that because they are worried the Democratic candidate won't win?"

gaggedLouise

I love how Trump's former personal doctor said he had been hiding cauliflower in Trump's mashed potatoes, and had tried to narrow the president's access to ice-cream, to begin to make him slimmer. :D His efforts were in vain though: Trump kept gaining weight.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-doctor-health-ronny-jackson-cauliflower-mashed-potato-ice-cream-a9356396.html

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

gaggedLouise

Trump looked in rather bad shape speaking to the press an hour ago about efforts to fight the Corona virus and the Taliban deal - I watched it live on BBC. He both looked and sounded drained and badly short of concentration, and I've rarely seen his face looking so old, wrinkled and worn: had they missed out on the make-up?

HannibalBarca

The office of President of the United States prematurely ages even the healthiest of individuals.  Trump is nowhere near healthy, physically or mentally.  The near-constant stress is the primary culprit.  Even for someone who golfs more than any other President ever, and takes 'executive time' (read shirks responsibilities and plays at Twitter).
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Markus

Almost makes you wonder why so many people still want the job dont it?

мαякυs's αωσℓ ησтιcε

ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡʙᴏʀɴ ɢᴏ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴇᴛ ɪs ᴠᴀsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴғɪɴɪᴛᴇ.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Markus on March 02, 2020, 10:40:40 PM
Almost makes you wonder why so many people still want the job dont it?

Yep, and the running field last time around had an unusual number of people aged seventy or more. This time around there are fewer (partly because Trump has all but blocked any challenges on his own side), but after all both Sanders and Bloomberg are 78, Trump 73, and Hillary Clinton (his constant strawman) almost the same age.

CaptainNexus616

The man has created a sense of hostile disconnection between people. Plain and simple. Its always existed before the man got in office, but he's pretty much promoted it.

Someone does something he doesn't agree with? Even if its not directly aimed at him, he lashes out and promises retaliation. He needs to be the fucking bigger man and just let crap go. This attitude of "My way or the highway" and "Yes Men or No One in the Office" is killing us. We need to come together, not pick damn sides. Listen to each other and find middle ground.

Or we can just watch the world burn and write it wasn't our fault on Twitter.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Styx26

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on March 04, 2020, 12:25:04 AM
We need to come together, not pick damn sides. Listen to each other and find middle ground.

Or we can just watch the world burn and write it wasn't our fault on Twitter.

Well put, mate. Very well put.
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Azuresun

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on March 04, 2020, 12:25:04 AM
The man has created a sense of hostile disconnection between people. Plain and simple. Its always existed before the man got in office, but he's pretty much promoted it.

To me, Trump is the symptom and not the cause. He was hardly shy about what sort of person he was, so why did he become a candidate in the first place? Why did such a large number of voters decide they wanted him? What is there about him and his message that make so many people overlook his very obvious flaws?

Even pre-2016, the sickness had been there for a while, in the increasing nastiness and exasperation of the culture war, the left's consistent failures to reach people and turn concern into actual votes, and social media wrapping us up in echo chambers without us ever quite noticing it. In a way, I'm weirdly grateful that the one who revealed the problem was so blatant about it, because....well, imagine what Trump could have done by now if he was smart.

Missy

The cause is the establishment being unable and unwilling to reach an effective compromise. Instead opting to undermine and sabotage the function of government over seeing to the needs of average American. In such a time peopel invariably lose faith in the establishment and reach out for an alternative. It's why I doubt Biden will win over Trump.

gaggedLouise

Mick Mulvaney's been fired by Trump. Expect more backstabbing.  :P

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: gaggedLouise on March 07, 2020, 08:03:20 AM
Mick Mulvaney's been fired by Trump. Expect more backstabbing.  :P

Not fired..more a demotion.  Though I fail to see any diplomatic props to justify Special Envoy to Northern Ireland

legomaster00156

"US special envoy to Northern Ireland". That is political jargon for "Get out of the White House, Mulvaney."

gaggedLouise

Quote from: legomaster00156 on March 07, 2020, 05:48:23 PM
"US special envoy to Northern Ireland". That is political jargon for "Get out of the White House, Mulvaney."

Yep, he probably realized he had to give him *some* position (but preferably not on US soil) to make sure Mick doesn't walk to the newspapers and begin talking about his time in the White House.