Be the Oracle!

Started by MiaFire, September 22, 2011, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiaFire

Another simple game, just for fun! Ask a question of something you'd always loved to ask and have never or don't ever expect to get an answer for...

The next person answers the previous question...either with some wildly made up story, what you think the answer is, OR if you know the answer or feel like finding it, please have fun and go ahead to post it.

Post your answer as:
The Story is.... (if you make it up or give your opinion)

Or

I found.... (if you actually know the answer or found the answer)

Then post the next question.

===========================================================

Why is a highway called a highway?

The story is....That the first people to build a highway were potheads.

Question....Why couldn't countries and states borders be straight lines, rather than the jagged little maps we have to use and see that are hell to draw or remember the exact shape of?
In the darkness of the mind and the shadows of imagination...
-

Kazuume

Question....Why couldn't countries and states borders be straight lines, rather than the jagged little maps we have to use and see that are hell to draw or remember the exact shape of?

The Story is.......back when map were first being drawn they dragged a huge crayon after the horse marking the ground as they rode along and the guy following just copied the path of the crayon on paper.   

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, ‘I think I'll squeeze
these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing slowly ... very slowly."
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@
     ~Kill me slowly, so through the pain, I will know I have lived.~

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences
Stalled out stories: Dragon Familiar ~ Loki

Missy

Well, the story is: His wife, whom they regularly lactated at the time, was in a bad mood and told him to "go milk a cow" so he did.

Who was it who decided we should drive on the right side of the road and why?

Sybl

Question....Who was it who decided we should drive on the right side of the road and why?

The Story is....The hillbillies started that by driving their wagons full of moonshine down hill as close to the mountain side to keep from slipping off the road.

What would happen to the sea's water level if every boat in the World was taken out of the water at the same time?

Missy

Quote from: Sybl on September 23, 2011, 01:30:13 AM
Question....Who was it who decided we should drive on the right side of the road and why?

The Story is....The hillbillies started that by driving their wagons full of moonshine down hill as close to the mountain side to keep from slipping off the road.

What would happen to the sea's water level if every boat in the World was taken out of the water at the same time?

The story is: A giant tidal wave would emerge destroying all land based life on the face of the earth. Even Mount Everest would be submerged, although only momentarily.

Question: Why are stop signs red? Why can't they be green, or purple or gold?

Sybl

Question.... Why are stop signs red? Why can't they be green, or purple or gold?

The Answer is....Stop signs started being used in Michigan in 1915. Originally white signs with black lettering, they became hard to see in inclement weather. After the AASHO and the NCSHS developed the MUTCD, the stop sign went through many different colors, sizes, designs, and mounting height. In 1954, the stop sign became the now-familiar red background with the white lettering and border. In 1968, the Vienna Convention for Road Signs and Signals adopted the American design of the stop sign to use throughout Europe. Today, most all countries use the octagonal shaped, red-background with white-lettering design.

Who invented lace and why?

MiaFire

Quote from: Sybl on September 23, 2011, 02:22:44 AMWho invented lace and why?

The Story is....Lace was invented in the beginning for subs and slaves as flimsy clothing wear.
-

Kazuume

You didn't post another question MIA! *puts hands on hips* Well I'll do it for you.

Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
                                 ~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences

MiaFire

-flushes- I don't know what you're talking about! I just, ummmm, quickly edited my question out so you wouldn't look like a liar...umm, yeah, that's it. Uhuh, yeah.

The Story is...Kamikaze pilots wear helmets because they don't get up the nerve to do what they do til the last minute and wear the helmet in case they change their mind

Question: Why is a driveway called a driveway and not a parkway?
-

Kazuume

The story is: The term parkway was already taken when some dumb planner named a toll paying highway by that name. Eventually at a loss for what to call that patch of ground in front of a house, the name driveway was chosen after the creator forgot to put his car in park and "drove" through his house. 

Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?

~Gypsy Rose Lee~
                                           ---,`--@

What's Yes & What's Not
Apologies & Absences

MiaFire

Thanks for the info, lol.

The story....There used to be a light in the freezer, but you know there's never ever enough space in the freezer no matter how creatively you pack it, so after thousands of busted bulbs shattered by frozen chickens and steaks, the manufacturers took it out.

Who decided on the shape of a stop sign and why? Why not a circle or square or some other shape?
-

Spero

Quote from: miafire on October 11, 2011, 11:16:34 PM
Who decided on the shape of a stop sign and why? Why not a circle or square or some other shape?

I Found: because there are fewer stop signs than other types of sign, and octagons required more material than other types. Thus, making the smallest group of signs octagons saved the most money. The sign developers wanted a different shape for each sign to make them distinct.

What came first the Chicken or the Egg?
RP Status: Seeking New Roleplays // Muse Status: Active and Around // Mood Status: Hopeful
CRAVING!: Dark Fantasy & Warhammer 40k Roleplay! Please PM if you want to RP~

yindaijin

Quote from: Oracle Eyes on October 12, 2011, 03:17:26 PM
What came first the Chicken or the Egg?

The Story is: The egg came first because how could a chicken appear without an egg? Its just absurd!

Question: Why do men have nipples if they don't breastfeed?
Is fearr Gaelige bhriste na Bearla cliste.
Eirinn go brach!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=122626.0

MiaFire

The Story is: That the nipples are there for men so that women can get the smallest measure of satisfaction in pinching, twisting and biting their nipples when they do it to do it and not as part of any foreplay or sex.

Question: Who came up with the idea that a property/town/city/and state borders should look like a shape that a 2 year old on a sugar high drew so that some people get the hassle of their house being considered one town, while their backyard is considered as being in part of another town?
-