NEW! System requirements question! o3o

Started by Wolfy, August 26, 2010, 12:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Look Below! o3o

Oniya

All you have to do is compare the specs on the computer with the specs on the game.  Copy-paste them into two columns of a Word document to make it easier to arrange them point by point.

Processor speed looks decent (3.2 Ghz on your machine, 2.66 Ghz on the optimal config for the game)
RAM is fine (8 GB on the machine, 4 GB on the optimal config)
HD space looks really good (1 Terabyte is approximately 1,000 GB.  If you're buying a brand new computer where 21 G is large percentage of your free space, I have a bridge to sell you.)
Graphics card looks good (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 on the machine, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 on the optimal config)
Internet connection supports 1000 Mbps, which should be broadband.
OS is fine (Win 7)

You'll have to inquire about the sound card and the DirectX, as those weren't listed (other than 'Sound card integrated') on the available specs.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Well I mean, it should be Dirext X 9.0 compatible anyway, should it?

Oniya

With a Gamer's Platform label, I would hope that it was up to DirectX 9.0c, but if you want to make absolutely sure, the manufacturer is the best place to inquire.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Wolfy

Hmm...well, the best I can do is put a question up on their forums. o-o

Soran

Windows 7 comes complete with direct x 10 and direct x will be on the game disc too, so don't worry about that :)

Lind

direct x 9 is about... 3 or so years old, so any GFX card made after that will be 100% compatible, older cards should run it anyway. 
"It's not what you are, it's what you want to be."

My on and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16973

Wolfy

New Question: Can this Rig Run Left4dead 2?

Processor: AMD Phenom II six-core processor at 2.7 ghz.
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570
8GB of Ram

And.....that's it. O-o

Oniya

Did you look up the requirements for the game and compare them like I showed you last time?

Wolfy

Quote from: Oniya on October 27, 2010, 09:57:00 AM
Did you look up the requirements for the game and compare them like I showed you last time?
yes, but I have no idea which video cards are equivalent with each other.

Lind

A six core processor and 5570...

.... you dont even need to ask tbh. That can take anything you can throw at it on Max Settings. If you get below 100-150 FPS I'd be highly surprised.
"It's not what you are, it's what you want to be."

My on and off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=16973

Autumn Sativus

Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~