The Hunt for Damien Nightstrider(DnD 3.5 High to Epic Level)[Currently Full]

Started by Mystic Dragon, February 18, 2009, 06:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic Dragon

The call has gone out- 100,000,000 gold pieces for the capture and return of Damien Nightstrider, a mysterious thief. All of his cohorts and possessions(intact) are required to claim the bounty. Every Thieves or Assassin's Guild, as well as a fair number of adventuring groups are searching for them...but something odd has happened.

The representatives of those seeking Nightstrider have come to your guild personally, and are offering a special incentive since the master of the guild has to this point forbidden you to get involved in what she refers to as "a waste of our efforts." If you sign a contract to devote all of your efforts to Nightstrider's capture, you will receive the sum of 2 million gold pieces as a bonus.

Due to the special offer, the Guildmistress has decreed that she and her cadre will be joining the hunt, and any others of the guild are welcome to join her.

This is my first time solo DMing DnD, so bear with me.

Here are the character creation rules:

16th Level(Guild Leaders are slightly higher, but may be hindered by setting conditions such as racism and notoriety)
All 3.5 materials acceptable, and any other source if I approve it
48 Point Buy
Standard gold for 16th level with the option of signing the contract for the 2 million extra
Monsters Characters welcomed- LA buyoff in effect if you qualify
Alignments: This is an evil guild(Thieves, Assassins, Courtesans, etc.)- Neutrals and Evils fit in well, lawfuls not so well. If you can give a good reason for it, though, I'll accept any but Lawful Good.

Most important rule: I reserve the right to deny any and all items and abilities that unbalance the game significantly. Note the word "Significantly"- if you figure out a combo that works exceptionally well, by all means. If you are using loopholes or items that vastly change the playing field, they're going to get nixed.

Update:
Cohort rules: Rules as written for leadership feat, 36 PB for a cohort, standard PC gold for the cohort level

May purchase epic items if you can afford them

Full hitpoints for first level, 3/4 afterwards for PCs, Cohorts roll
d4 = 3
d6 = 4/5 alternating
d8 = 6
d10 = 7/8 alternating
d12 = 9

Here are my expectations for submissions:

Think your characters out well, and give me good backstories. Effective builds are encouraged, but if you gave me a well made character, I may give them a special advantage to help you to keep up.

Let me know how often you can post. 1/day(or more) would be good, but I know how life can be.

I haven't decided on sexual content as of yet, but it may range to Exotic NC. Feel free to state what you'd like to see/not see in the game in that regard

READABLE POSTS. If your posts are difficult to read or have typos, it's tough on the rest of us. I'll edit posts if I have to make it so, but I'd rather not have that problem.

If it helps you, make a sheet and stat out your character on Mythweavers or a similar service(If you do, post a link here for me). It's not required during submission, though- just a build and a backstory to start.

Characters in the game so far:

Lethe(Succubus Guildmistress)- Played by me
Amist(Half Drow 2nd in command)- Delta Echo
Jaq and Jill(Elven Twin Bodyguards)- MzNurse
Samantha(Human Artificer)- Blue Mary

Alright! Let the hunt begin!
"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"
"In our world, all the Redheads have chainsaws"
"Nightmares never last. One day you wake up and they're gone"

MzNurse

Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Mystic Dragon

Delta Echo

*appears*
:D

I'll work on updating Amist's sheet later tonight. 16th level you say?
O&O - A&A
Southern Gentleman of the Arcadia Clan.

"When the world is against you, find the passion of love to survive"

MzNurse

Sonja

Oh some high-level play sounds great.  I'll get working on that Master of Many Forms I was interested in.

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Sonja on February 19, 2009, 08:34:21 AM
Oh some high-level play sounds great.  I'll get working on that Master of Many Forms I was interested in.

Since Master of Many Forms got such a nerfbat from its original incarnation, feel free to use the Shifter Class from 3.0 and the Epic progression from WotC's site if you are interested. Be aware that if you are using the "Assume Supernatural Ability" feat that I will be charging 5000 exp a pop for Wishes and Miracles.

Sonja

Mystic Dragon

Delta Echo

Quote from: MzNurse on February 19, 2009, 07:39:23 AM
*tackles Delta* Welcome to E!  :-*
Eep! 
*goes down under MzNurse*
Hi there.  :-[  :)
Thanks, it's good to be here. ^_^
:-*

I'm planning on having Amist as Duskblade/Spellthief/Psibond Agent, BTW.
O&O - A&A

MzNurse

Sorry Delta.  Didn't mean to hurt you. *kisses Delta all better*

Delta Echo

*blushes* Just surprised, ma'am. But I am feeling much better now...  ;)
O&O - A&A

Mnemaxa

*considers bringing in his Conjuerer-Alienist Geometer....*

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Cuffs

I'm definitely intrigued by this.  Anyone happen to have a pdf copy of the Book of Vile Darkness?  I'm underway and have none of my books. ><  If not, I'll make something from the d20srd site.
Zombie Bunnies:  Terrible...Hideous...Fluffy...

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

Ons/Offs (New and Improved)

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

I have BoVD, if you need me to look something up for you.

Cuffs

Hrrrmmmm...

I haven't looked at it in a while, so I can't remember what sort of thing I'd be looking for...I usually peruse through book after book until things fall into place.  If you find yourself with a lot of time and not a ton to do, lol, maybe you could super briefly summarize each of the prestige classes?  If not, I totally understand, I'll make do with that wonderful D20 site.

FYI: I've been gone for a while...so please, don't be surprised if I don't remember something...

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

Try rs.4chan.org- /tg/ often posts the books they are talking about.

Cuffs

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Hmm...I'm tempted, but if I join, my girlfriend might kill me...hrm.

Mystic Dragon

MzNurse

Yeah, Myrleena.  The more the merrier. 

Sonja, are you still here?

Myrleena

That depends if I can convince her.  I've got several ideas.  A malconvoker, ultimate magus, force missile mage, unseen seer, or archery spec-ed fighter.

Sonja

Quote from: MzNurse on February 20, 2009, 10:33:12 PM
Yeah, Myrleena.  The more the merrier. 

Sonja, are you still here?
Yeah, I'm sorry, I may have to bow out actually.  All my D&D stuff disappeared from my hard drive somehow. ???

Delta Echo

Awww...

Myrleena - Those all sound good. And I agree with Mz, the more the merrier! :D
O&O - A&A

Cuffs

Sonja, no bowing out cuz of that!  Lol, I have no books out here on my boat.  the d20 srd site is incredible, I'm using it to make my mostrously evil char. :) If you need a hand with anything, let me know.

A/A(Temporary)

Cuffs

Oh, and I just realized that I've never done a point-buy game...can someone give the quicky rules on that?  is it like neverwinter, where each point up costs more and more, or something along those lines?

A/A(Temporary)

Sonja

Yeah it's like Neverwinter.  I think there's a chart of point costs in the PHB.  Or you could just do what I do for 3.5 games and use the Redblade character maker, at least for ability scores.

Mystic Dragon

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

PhantomPistoleer

Are there still character slots available in this, I wonder?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 22, 2009, 04:51:22 PM
Are there still character slots available in this, I wonder?

Yes, there are. I'm looking for at least 3 more people(and hopefully more)

PhantomPistoleer

If that is the case, I would like to apply for a position!

Ur, I will go with a Human Assassin.  But only because I'm boring like that.  I promise: intricate background story.  :D
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 22, 2009, 05:01:16 PM
If that is the case, I would like to apply for a position!

Ur, I will go with a Human Assassin.  But only because I'm boring like that.  I promise: intricate background story.  :D

That would be exceptional. Since we don't have a trapfinder, it would be even better if he can fill that role.

PhantomPistoleer

Yes yes, Rogue or Scout or Ninja to Assassin, oh my!  I will build my character.  Then I will give you the 411.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Just to be clear.

What is the starting GP if the character DOES accept the contract?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sunday

hey! Mz directed me here.... cause she knows I'm interested in pursuing DnD as a good way to role play. But I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to the game.... But I wanna join. I do specialize in evil characters....

PhantomPistoleer

Ur, I don't know where the character sheet is?  So, um, here!

Nemo the Assassin

Human Rogue/Assassin/Thief Acrobat, Level 16;
Current HP: 108/128; Condition: Normal;

Character Creation:  Nemo the Assassin is your prototypical nameless killer-for-hire, and his character build truly reflects that.  He's not that shabby of a fighter, but he certainly doesn't have the capability to take too many solid hits.  I'm a bit disappointed that he does not get any of the roguish extra feats like opportunist and roll, but those are the breaks.  When he catches an opponent unawares, that person suffers a 1d10+9d6+11, giving him a 21-75 damage window.  Nemo's defense is high at 30, but his saving grace is his ability to deny others to hit him with sneak attacks or criticals.  So, if Nemo was fighting himself, he could only do 21 damage max.

Nemo isn't a long-range fighter, but he does carry a crossbow.  Though he is not carrying any poisons at this moment, usual modus operandi dictate that he shoot a poisoned bolt during the first round of combat, hide, then strike as the poison is doing its deadly work.

This build was made with 250K starting gold.

Character Background:  Nemo's a nameless man that accepts perilous contracts.  There are many rumors abound about his past.

Bardic Lore (DC 10):  Nemo was once a Baron who was happily in love with an Heiress of great repute.  When the happy couple were separated by death, Nemo turned to assassination to appease his sadness.

Bardic Lore (DC 15):  Nemo killed his wife, having never been a Baron at all, but an assassin all along.  His target was the Heiress of great repute.

Bardic Lore (DC 20):  Nemo was tricked by the Duke to murder the Heiress, and after avenging himself upon the Duke, became an assassin to rid the world of terrible men.  In doing so, Nemo became one.

Though mired in mystery, some things are certain: Nemo has murdered entire villages single-handedly, spilt blood in sacred temples and destroyed the lives of innocents because they were in the way.  He is an efficient, albeit destructive, assassin and a very evil man.

Character Appearance:  Nemo appears as a handsome, brown-haired, blue-eyed, olive-skinned male of roughly 30 years of age, with athletic and lithe limbs.  He typically wears very loose clothing, choosing shades of gray.

Character Personality:  Nemo is many things to many people.  To his enemies, he is vile, treacherous, methodical and cruel.  To his friends, he is vile, treacherous, methodical and merciful.  To everyone else who is fortunate enough not to know him, he's a specter, a boogey man.  But it is clear to all who deal with him that Nemo isn't perpetually Nemo, and it is likely that he assumes personalities to function discreetly in any given society.  It is rumored that he's a sexual deviant.

Character Build:

QuoteNemo the Assassin [Rogue 5/Assassin 10/Thief Acrobat 1]: CR 16; Medium-size Human; HD 16d6+32; HP 108/128; Init +9; Spd 30 ft.; Defense 30, touch 25, flat-footed 25 (+5 Dex, +10 Armor, +5 Magical); BAB +10/+5; Grap +14; Atk +20/+15 Katana (1d10+11, 18-20/x2 critical), Atk +16/+11 Heavy Crossbow (1d10+1, 19-20 crit.); FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.; AL Chaotic Good; SV Fort +11, Ref +23, Will +11; Str 18, Dex 20, Con 14, Wis 14, Int 16, Cha 14.
  Skills:   Appraise 5, Balance 13, Bluff 10, Climb 13, Disable Device 15, Disguise 10, Escape Artist 9, Forgery 5, Gather Information 6, Hide 23, Jump 15, Listen 5, Move Silently 23, Open Lock 23, Search 17, Sense Motive 16, Sleight of Hand 11, Spot 15, Swim 6, Tumble 20, Use Rope 11.
  Languages:  Common, Elven, Goblin.
  Feats:  Cleave (sixth), Great Cleave, Improved Critical (Katana), Improved Initiative, Power Attack (Katana), Quick Draw, Weapon Focus (Katana)
  Abilities:  +5 save against poison, Death Attack, Evasion, Fast acrobatics, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Kip Up, Poison Use, Sneak attack +9d6, Spells (3, 3, 3, 3), Steady Stance, Trapfinding
  Spells: (4, 4, 4, 4), Common Spells LVL 1: Disguise Self, Detect Poison, Obscuring Mist; LVL 2: Cat's Grace, Invisibility, Spider Climb, Undetectable Alignment; LVL 3: Deeper Darkness, Misdirection; LVL 4: Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Great Invisibility.

Possessions:

Magical
Enchanted Bastard Sword +5
Enchanted, Heavily Fortified Mithril Breastplate +5
Enchanted Crossbow +1
Ring of Protection +5
Ring of Mind Shielding
Cloak of Resistance +5
Gloves of Dexterity +2

Non-Magical Weapons & Armor
20 Bolts

Potions
x2 Cure Light Wounds

Gear
Crowbar
Rope (50 ft.)
Thieves Tools

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 22, 2009, 05:58:29 PM
Just to be clear.

What is the starting GP if the character DOES accept the contract?

2 mill + 16th starting gold from DMG

PhantomPistoleer

... WAIT.  You just said 2,000,000 GP + 250K GP?  ::blinks::  Yikes!  That is a lot of dough.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 22, 2009, 08:11:15 PM
... WAIT.  You just said 2,000,000 GP + 250K GP?  ::blinks::  Yikes!  That is a lot of dough.

Yes- with 100,000,000 at the end and 2,000,000 available as a bonus advance, you can be sure that the people who want Nightstrider are serious.

Myrleena

Still, what did he do to get a bounty that huge on him?

PhantomPistoleer

All right; here is the new edition of the character.

BTW:  I look forward to establishing character histories with the other players.  We could have pulled jobs before.  Or we could have just had fun. ;)

Nemo the Assassin

Human Rogue/Assassin/Thief Acrobat, Level 16;
Current HP: 108/128; Condition: Normal;

Character Creation:  Nemo the Assassin is your prototypical nameless killer-for-hire, and his character build truly reflects that.  He's not that shabby of a fighter, but he certainly doesn't have the capability to take too many solid hits.  I'm a bit disappointed that he does not get any of the roguish extra feats like opportunist and roll, but those are the breaks.  When he catches an opponent unawares, that person suffers a 1d10+9d6+11, giving him a 21-75 damage window.  Nemo's defense is high at 30, but his saving grace is his ability to deny others to hit him with sneak attacks or criticals.  So, if Nemo was fighting himself, he could only do 21 damage max.

*Updated:  Nemo now has a higher damage window.  He does 1d10+9d6+21 damage, so his window has increased to 31-85.  He also has an array of poisons, thus increasing the pain Nemo can deliver significantly.

Nemo isn't a long-range fighter, but he does carry a crossbow.  Though he is not carrying any poisons at this moment, usual modus operandi dictate that he shoot a poisoned bolt during the first round of combat, hide, then strike as the poison is doing its deadly work.

*Updated:  Nemo now carries poison!  As such, he will in all probability alternate between the CON reducing poisons.  First, he will utilize one, then he will utilize the other with the lesser DC if the first one proves successful.

This build was made with 2.25 million starting gold.

Character Background:  Nemo's a nameless man that accepts perilous contracts.  There are many rumors abound about his past.

Bardic Lore (DC 10):  Nemo was once a Baron who was happily in love with an Heiress of great repute.  When the happy couple were separated by death, Nemo turned to assassination to appease his sadness.

Bardic Lore (DC 15):  Nemo killed his wife, having never been a Baron at all, but an assassin all along.  His target was the Heiress of great repute.

Bardic Lore (DC 20):  Nemo was tricked by the Duke to murder the Heiress, and after avenging himself upon the Duke, became an assassin to rid the world of terrible men.  In doing so, Nemo became one.

Though mired in mystery, some things are certain: Nemo has murdered entire villages single-handedly, spilt blood in sacred temples and destroyed the lives of innocents because they were in the way.  He is an efficient, albeit destructive, assassin and a very evil man.

Character Appearance:  Nemo appears as a handsome, brown-haired, blue-eyed, olive-skinned male of roughly 30 years of age, with athletic and lithe limbs.  He typically wears very loose clothing, choosing shades of gray.

Character Personality:  Nemo is many things to many people.  To his enemies, he is vile, treacherous, methodical and cruel.  To his friends, he is vile, treacherous, methodical and merciful.  To everyone else who is fortunate enough not to know him, he's a specter, a boogey man.  But it is clear to all who deal with him that Nemo isn't perpetually Nemo, and it is likely that he assumes personalities to function discreetly in any given society.  It is rumored that he's a sexual deviant.

Character Build:

QuoteNemo the Assassin [Rogue 5/Assassin 10/Thief Acrobat 1]: CR 16; Medium-size Human; HD 16d6+64; HP 140/160; Init +14; Spd 60 ft.; Defense 32, touch 27, flat-footed 25 (+7 Dex Max, +10 Armor, +5 Magical); BAB +10/+5; Grap +16; Atk +27/+22 Katana (1d10+21, 18-20/x2 critical), Atk +18/+13 Heavy Crossbow (1d10+1, 19-20 crit.); FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.; AL Chaotic Evil; SV Fort +13, Ref +25, Will +13; Str 32, Dex 30, Con 18, Wis 18, Int 20, Cha 18.
  Skills:   Appraise 7, Balance 35, Bluff 12, Climb 40, Disable Device 17, Disguise 12, Escape Artist 11, Forgery 7, Gather Information 8, Hide 25, Jump 42, Listen 7, Move Silently 25, Open Lock 25, Search 19, Sense Motive 18, Sleight of Hand 13, Spot 17, Swim 13, Tumble 42, Use Rope 13.
  Languages:  Common, Elven, Goblin.
  Feats:  Cleave (sixth), Great Cleave, Improved Critical (Katana), Improved Initiative, Power Attack (Katana), Quick Draw, Weapon Focus (Katana)
  Abilities:  +5 save against poison, Death Attack, Evasion, Fast acrobatics, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Kip Up, Poison Use, Sneak attack +9d6, Spells (3, 3, 3, 3), Steady Stance, Trapfinding
  Spells: (4, 4, 4, 4), Common Spells LVL 1: Disguise Self, Detect Poison, Obscuring Mist; LVL 2: Cat's Grace, Invisibility, Spider Climb, Undetectable Alignment; LVL 3: Deeper Darkness, Misdirection; LVL 4: Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Great Invisibility.

Possessions:

Magical
Enchanted Bastard Sword of Speed +5
Enchanted, Heavily Fortified Mithril Breastplate +5
Enchanted Crossbow +1
Ring of Protection +5
Ring of Mind Shielding
Cloak of Resistance +5
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Belt of Epic Strength +10
Boots of Swiftness

Non-Magical Weapons & Armor
20 Bolts

Potions
x2 Cure Light Wounds

Gear
Crowbar
Rope (50 ft.)
Thieves Tools
Purse (2,000)

Spent Magic Items
Manual of Bodily Health +4
Manual of Gainful Exercise +4
Manual of Quickness of Action +4
Tome of Clear Thought +4
Tome of Leadership and Influence +4
Tome of Understanding +4

Poisons
Wyvern poison   Injury DC 17   2d6 Con   2d6 Con
Black lotus extract   Contact DC 20   3d6 Con   3d6 Con
Dragon bile    Contact DC 26   3d6 Str   0   

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Delta Echo

Looks like a good bunch of applications! ;D

Sunday - You specialise in evil chars? That's good, because we've got evil goin' here.  ;)
O&O - A&A

PhantomPistoleer

Nuts!  I was <--------> this close to getting someone to play my half-goddess sex slave daughter. :(
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Sonja on February 21, 2009, 04:47:43 AM
Yeah, I'm sorry, I may have to bow out actually.  All my D&D stuff disappeared from my hard drive somehow. ???

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Everything legal to post publicly, including the psychic stuff and a few other things.

Note: Soulknives are underpowered. :P

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Cuffs

Okay, I'm working on the Thieves' Guilds enforcer, a half-dragon Minataur.  If the DM will allow it, I'd like to take the variant class Battle Sorcerer/fighter to Eldritch Knight prestige class.  I'll have something rough to offer up shortly.

Yeah, I realized my mistake...that would've made him lvl 21 and such...so he'll be a straight Half-Dragon Minotaur Fighter. *nodnod*  As long as we have a spellcaster to put some silence on him...people dying soundlessly is so kewl. :)

A/A(Temporary)

Sunday

Quote from: Delta Echo on February 22, 2009, 10:19:14 PM
Looks like a good bunch of applications! ;D

Sunday - You specialise in evil chars? That's good, because we've got evil goin' here.  ;)

lol. I'm better at bad bad characters then I'll ever be and sweet kind godly ones.

Mnemaxa

.....fine. I'll post a character, but just for fun.  We'll see if she fits in later.

Josietta

If I knew I'd have a butt load of time to post I'd be joining up for sure! What kind of posting style is this gonna be? Are you going to have people on a turn based posting? or free for all? And this is a system game with high amounts of stat usage? or mostly rp?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested to join this game :). Had idea for Ultimate Magus Unholy Scion. Or Eldrict Theurge (warlock/sorcerror base) unholy scion.

Mnemaxa

Can we actually buy epic items for this game or are we still limited to non-epic items?

Zaer Darkwail

I think we are limited to non-epic items. Hmmm, are cohorts allowed?

MzNurse

Quote from: Sunday on February 23, 2009, 04:55:31 AM
lol. I'm better at bad bad characters then I'll ever be and sweet kind godly ones.

I can vouch for that.  Everyone, this is my good friend Sunday and she was just accepted into E!.  *huggles Sunday* Congrats honey.  Let me know if you need help with character sheets.

Sunday

Lol I'll probably need it Mz. The only DnD stuff I've made have been first level. all this high level stuff even goes out of my neverwinter nights 2 knowledge xD I'm thinking a drow I was gona use for DnD online games, but his application got declined. Though seeing we have what? 16 levels to play with might do some multi-classing there =D

Delta Echo

*hugs both Mz and Sunday*

And I belive that we can, in fact, buy epic items. *eyes Boots of Swiftness covetously*

And Drow? Mmmmm, drow...
Might be really fun with Amist being half-drow.  ;D
O&O - A&A

Sunday

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Josietta on February 23, 2009, 05:37:51 AM
If I knew I'd have a butt load of time to post I'd be joining up for sure! What kind of posting style is this gonna be? Are you going to have people on a turn based posting? or free for all? And this is a system game with high amounts of stat usage? or mostly rp?

I will have people roll for initiative for during battles and you will post in your turn. Stats will be important- I will have NPCs roll willsaves and such against your abilities. As for the amount of RP vs. system usage, it will be up to you guys. Your choices will determine the reactions.

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 23, 2009, 06:45:35 AM
Can we actually buy epic items for this game or are we still limited to non-epic items?

Feel free to buy epic items, though only the people who sign contracts are likely to be able to afford them.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, but can we get cohort/followers via leadership feat? How their stats/gear is determined also.

Josietta

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on February 23, 2009, 09:37:29 AM
I will have people roll for initiative for during battles and you will post in your turn. Stats will be important- I will have NPCs roll willsaves and such against your abilities. As for the amount of RP vs. system usage, it will be up to you guys. Your choices will determine the reactions.

Ah okies. So it will be a normal system based game. Gotcha!

Also, as a side note, I thought system wise Epic items were only usable by Epic characters? Of course if it works differently in this setting that's understandable.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

PhantomPistoleer

I think that without epic items, we'd be figuring out item costs forever.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Front page rules have been updated with cohort rules and epic item ruling. Feel free to ask about anything else you aren't sure of.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here is my charsheet (partially done); http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110551

If anything is outrageous or out of place (or have questions) feel free to ask. Only big mystery is the airship which I bought with 260,000 gold. Anycase idea is a strong offensive 'tank' guy who has some divine powers in his disposal. I thinked a Hellbred female warlock 6/acolyte of skin 5/hellfire warlock 3 as my cohort.

stellaru

If any room is left I would love to join up. I'm sending you my character concept and background right now. If you approve, I can send you my build which I mostly have done except for few more items I need to buy.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Josietta on February 23, 2009, 10:46:59 AM

Also, as a side note, I thought system wise Epic items were only usable by Epic characters? Of course if it works differently in this setting that's understandable.

Actually, regular character can use epic items.  They usually call them 'Artifacts' though. ^_^

Myrleena

I don't consider epic items worth the cost, personally.  I'd rather have dozens of smaller utility items than one epic item, most of the time.  In any case, now that I've given my half-copper, here's my character.
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110257

Josietta

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 24, 2009, 01:57:49 AM
Actually, regular character can use epic items.  They usually call them 'Artifacts' though. ^_^

Haha true enough.. though if you were looking for -actual- epic items from the epic item compendium persay.. it normally would require an epic level character to use due to the inherent magic of said item. Which is not hte case in this situation, per DM's call.

/hijack

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Delta Echo

Quote from: Myrleena on February 24, 2009, 11:21:07 AM
I don't consider epic items worth the cost, personally.  I'd rather have dozens of smaller utility items than one epic item, most of the time.
Same here, but Boots of Swiftness are so worth it.  ;D
O&O - A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Delta Echo on February 24, 2009, 02:56:58 PM
Same here, but Boots of Swiftness are so worth it.  ;D

Not worthier than having combination of quick silver boots and belt of battle (which both provide extra move/standard or full round actions). Both from MIC which has loads cool magic items :).

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

Delta Echo

O&O - A&A

Cuffs

MIC?  I want more magic items!  I need swiftness and battle stuff!  :)  Grrr...

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Wonderful book, the Magic Item Compendium.  What with all the new spells, I've only found a Sorcerer worthwhile if you pick up a Runestaff.  I absolutely love them.  On the other hand, I'm waiting to get my cohort until I have Epic Leadership, since I can just summon them in...

Sonja

Arrrgh so many choices...  Does anyone know if there's like a random chargen table that includes the whole span of possibilities?

Myrleena

Uhh, not that I know of, but they have a ton of tables to help you build a PC quickly in the back of the Players Handbook 2.  I'd look at that if I were you.  They have suggested spells, equipment, and a bunch of other things.

Mnemaxa

Jessamyn Wyrm-Blooded
Click Picture for Myth-Weaver's Character Sheet

Jessamyn is a monster.

While most people would state that being evil is often monstrous, or that the practitioners of unnatural psychic powers are monsters, in Jessamyn's case the appellation of 'monster' is quite literal.  When she was human, she exemplified the traits of humanity that makes them interesting to other races: a verve for life, inquisitiveness, an endless willingness to risk life and limb for the sake of personal growth and knowledge, with the ideals of treasure and power being secondary to enjoyment of life.  her activities caught the attention of a secretive race of psychic humanoids who were once human as well, and she was brought into the fold of the Elan. 

Through a powerful series of rituals and potent infusions of psychic energy, Jessamyn was transformed from a human into an Elan; unaging, psychically empowered humans who share the same zest for life and desire for adventure she herself did.  It did not matter that she was amoral and unethical, only that she sought to learn and grow and explore.  Since all her previous experiences were wiped clean from her new mind and body - though she retained her identity and sense of self - she sought out other, older masters of the Elan, and learned from them the basics of power and self defense.  With as much intensity and will as she applied herself to all her previous endeavors, so did Jessamyn apply herself to her new existence. 

Now, Jesaamyn is old.  She has watched a generation of elves pass, and the growth of another, and the birth of a new generation, a claim only the most ancient elves could make.  She has traveled back and forth across the continent, made friends with family lineages of dwarfs, learned secrets for the gnomes, and spoken to great dragons.  She has explored- and continues to explore - every aspect of her psyche, no matter how deviant or depraved it might be to others, as well as every aspect of her noble soul.  While Wyrm-Blooded Jessamyn could have attained even greater power than she already has, her efforts to refine and perfect herself have taken the expenditure of massive amounts of psychic and spiritual energy; so much that has she not expended it she would have attained some form of demigoddess stature.

When she attained the power of Psychic Reformation, she altered her own mind and past experiences, remaking herself into variations on a theme and exploring avenues of potential that are forever bared to most humans.  When she achieved even greater power, she added to herself powers that could be made permanent, sacrificing her spiritual energies and psychic power to imprint and weld many psychic senses and protections to her own body and mind.  When she had finished she cast the powers away, changing her abilities and capabilities to others for further exploration.

Currently Jessamyn has been associating with a powerful guild of thieves and assassins, offering her unique services to their causes and amusing herself in the meantime.  Her unusual powers make her an asset to be handled carefully, and while the offer of a vast sum of gold was useful in requesting her help to capture the elusive Damien Nightstrider, it is clear that her objectives - as they have always been - are her own, and have a great deal less to do with money than they do with utilizing her powers and intellect to outwit someone who has escaped the attentions of an entire continent's worth of thieves' guilds....

PhantomPistoleer

Question:

Can you use a Ring of Three wishes to acquire feats?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Josietta

I'm sure you could, but as with most wish items you have to word it correctly to get the outcome you desire or the GM can use it against you.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Mnemaxa

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 25, 2009, 12:40:48 AM
Question:

Can you use a Ring of Three wishes to acquire feats?

As a general rule, yes, however you must also qualify for the feat or you will not be able to use it.  If your int is 10, and you have a magic item that gives you +6 to int, and you wish for Combat Expertise, you will gain the feat and be able to use it - unless you no longer have the item, and thus no longer qualify for the feat.  You still have the feat, you are just unable to use it until such time as you meet the prerequisite. 

That of course, is standard Rules Compendium stuff, and has no bearing on Mystic Dragon's take on it.

(Edited as per rules. :P  )

Zaer Darkwail

Note; Combat Expertise asks base 13 Int. Also magic items do not help qualify for feats so far as I know. But wish allows get additional feats but with a cost I think. Either XP, statical loss (-1 to Str example).

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 25, 2009, 12:53:55 AM
Note; Combat Expertise asks base 13 Int. Also magic items do not help qualify for feats so far as I know. But wish allows get additional feats but with a cost I think. Either XP, statical loss (-1 to Str example).

A magic item can't allow you to qualify for a feat, but they will allow you to use a feat you already have (through wish or class gain) if you otherwise do not meet the prerequisites. It's a rare situation but it can occur, usually in reverse as stat-damaging effects lower your stats below what is necessary to use the feat.

PhantomPistoleer

All right;  I decided to instead to multiclass, I was just going to go straight rogue (he'll still be an assassin).

Nemo the Assassin [Rogue 16]: CR 16; Medium-size Human; HD 16d6+80; HP 176; Init +11; Spd 30 ft.; DR 15/Adamantine; Defense 40, touch 24, flat-footed 35  (Armor 10 + Shield 6 + Dex 5 + Deflection 5 + Natural 5); BAB +12/+7/+2; Grap +21; +27/+22/+17 Katana (1d10+19 1d6 fire damage, 18-20/x2 critical +1d10 fire damage), +22/+17/+12 Composite Shortbow (1d6+7, x3 crit., 140 ft.); FS 5 ft. by 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.; AL Chaotic Evil; SV Fort +15, Ref +20, Will +15; Str 28, Dex 20, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 20, Cha 20.
  Skills:  Balance 40, Bluff 15; Climb 43; Disable Device 20; Disguise 9; Escape Artist 21; Gather Information 9; Hide 39; Intimidate 9; Jump 38; Listen 30; Move Silently 39; Open Lock 20 (24 w/ lock tools); Search 25; Sense Motive 10; Sleight of Hand 10; Spot 25; Swim 18; Tumble 40;  Use Rope 10;
  Languages: Draconic, Elven, Infernal, Goblin.
  Feats:  Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Diehard, Dodge, Endurance, Improved Initiative, Mobility, Quickdraw, Spring Attack, Weapon Focus (Katana), Whirlwind Attack;
  Weapon Proficiencies: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Katana), Simple Weapon Proficiency, Rapier, Sap, Shortbow;
  Special Abilities:  Defensive Roll, Improved Evasion, Improved Uncanny Dodge, Opportunist, Sneak Attack +8d6, Trapfinding, Trapsense;
  Item Abilities:  Darkvision (60 ft.), Haste 3/day, Leap of the Heavens
  Flaws:  Shaky (-2 to ranged combat), Flaw:  Slow (15 ft.)
  Traits:  Dishonest:  (+1 to Bluff, -2 to Diplomacy), Aggressive:  (+2 to Initiative, -1 to AC)

Possessions:

Weapons
Eye of Fate Intelligent Enchanted Bastard Sword; Traits: Keen, Mighty Cleaving, Ghost Touch, Flaming Burst; AL Chaotic Evil; INT 16, WIS 16, CHA 10; Speech, Telepathy; SP AB Deathwatch, Spot +10, Listen +10.
Composite Shortbow (STR +2) +5; Traits Brilliant Energy, Distance, Seeking

Armor
Enchanted Heavily Fortified Mithral Breastplate +5 with Greater Silent Moves and Hide
Magical Darkwood Buckler +5

Equipment
Boots of Swiftness
Belt of Giant's Strength +6
Cloak of Resistance +5
Helm of Wisdom +6
Ring of Protection +5
Ring of Iron Skin: 15/adamatine
Amulet of Natural Armor +5
Gloves of Swimming and Climbing
Bracers of Greater Archery
Vest of Escape
Goggles of Night

Potions
Cure Serious Wounds +10

Items
Bag of Holding (1000 lbs.)

Rod
Rod of Lordly Might
Rod of Alertness
Rod of Security
Rod of Immovability x4

Purse
3000 GP

Used Items
Manual of Bodily Health +4
Manual of Quickness of Action +5
Tome of Understanding +2
Manual of Charisma +4
Ring of Three Wishes

Oi.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Regarding wishes for feats, please direct me to the proper resources that state you can do that and the consequences. If they are basically just the cost of the wish, I'm going to have to say no or bump the cost up in some way.

If you are having troubles getting all the feats you want, Pistoleer, recall that you can trade your sneak attacks for fighter feats.

PhantomPistoleer

Work it out, peoples! :D

What if the cost of a feat was TWO wishes?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 25, 2009, 12:37:00 PM
Work it out, peoples! :D

What if the cost of a feat was TWO wishes?

No, no no...the problem is that if I give you the option of gold for feats, we'll quickly be in the realm of uncoolness. On the other hand, if I give you the option to burn 2 wishes of your own Exp, even though that will kill you in progression, it could still give you too many advantages.

What are you willing to give up for your feats? If it doesn't hurt you significantly(Feats being worth more than anything), then the answer is no.

Sunday

working on my character.... recycling an old one and I'm starting to think I may need to rename him. I named him Nero after a roman emperor. But I think it'll get confusing with a Nemo about xD. But there are plenty of other dead rulers to steal names from ^^

PhantomPistoleer

Hmm.  Per wish for feat, I could lose 10 HP?  So for the three, I would pay 30 HP?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

When you bought a tome that gave you 4 per level? Just lose 3 sneak attack dice- simple.

PhantomPistoleer

It's not a situation where I NEED those feats, Mystic, it's just that I have 100K leftover and have nothing to do with it creatively except purchasing a Ring of Three Wishes.  Now if I were to use the Ring of Three wishes to earn the feat, and lose sneak attack damage dies, I am losing 100K because I know that I can use the Unearthed Arcana rules to modify the Rogue Class.

But, if I were to just use the Unearthed Arcana without using the Ring of Three Wishes, I would still have the Ring of Three Wishes.  See?

What if, instead of saying that the feats belong to me, I just wished them upon the sword?  That way, I would have to be holding unto the sword for the feats to be active?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on February 25, 2009, 04:25:10 PM
It's not a situation where I NEED those feats, Mystic, it's just that I have 100K leftover and have nothing to do with it creatively except purchasing a Ring of Three Wishes.  Now if I were to use the Ring of Three wishes to earn the feat, and lose sneak attack damage dies, I am losing 100K because I know that I can use the Unearthed Arcana rules to modify the Rogue Class.

But, if I were to just use the Unearthed Arcana without using the Ring of Three Wishes, I would still have the Ring of Three Wishes.  See?

What if, instead of saying that the feats belong to me, I just wished them upon the sword?  That way, I would have to be holding unto the sword for the feats to be active?

Ok, let's take a step back here- you have money to spend, and can't find ANYTHING to spend it on?

Well, what feats do you want and maybe we can find a cash equivalently item. Absolutely not to simply casting wish and getting a feat- I'd have to allow that for NPCs too to keep the balance point, and you wouldn't want to see some of those people in you adventuring life.

PhantomPistoleer

I only have access to the D20 SRD right now, so yeah, the stuff I can buy is pretty limited.

As for what I had chosen as the feats earned through wishes were Diehard, Improved Initiative and Quick Draw.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Delta Echo

I have all the Completes except Mage and Champion, and made a list of body-slot items by slot, including several other books as well - I can PM the list to anybody who wants it.
O&O - A&A

MzNurse

*jumping up and down and waving hands in air* Oh! OH! OH!  ME! ME! ME!

ahem...I mean... *sits demurely* would you mind to please send me a copy please, Mr. Delta, Sir?

stellaru

Oh darn I just realized that I haven't put up my character yet for anyone else to see. I'll fix that right now.

My character is Daken Sato, a male 27 year old human. He is a 12th level Ninja/ 4th level Master Thrower with a True Neutral alignment.

Below is Daken’s background told from his perspective:

I am an artist.

It is my duty to truthfully represent this world, to the best of my ability, through my art. The world, however, the entire world is far too broad of a focus for a single artist to handle. So, I have narrowed my personal focus to that of “the human (or dwarf or elf or teifling, etc…) experience” and all of its facets. To fully understand the entire significance of that last statement, I think I should tell you a little something of my past.

My parents were members of the Sato ninjas, which makes me a Sato ninja by blood. I lived with my parents in the small Sato clan village for the first 18 years of my life. Like all the children of the village, I was trained in the ninja arts, meditation, and the use of my ki so that one day I could join the adults in the missions that the village is contracted to perform.

The life of a ninja is a fascinating dichotomy: violence, subterfuge, and brutal assassinations vs. calm, focused meditation and inner peace. My notice and intense interest in this relationship was what sparked my fascination with the full extent of “the human experience”. The fact that these two conflicting aspects can coexist in someone’s life made me wonder what other aspects can coexist in life. I began to think on this a lot.

But I was frustrated.  I wanted to do more than just ponder these conflicting aspects of life; I wanted to illustrate them and it would be art that would provide me that opportunity. One of the elderly men of the village had a few books on art and some supplies which he was willing to let me use. I took to art with fervor and was soon turning out work after work. I drew peace and calm of mediation, the violent training exercises, the tranquil nature of village life, and the brutal nature of the assassination. No part of the village life, both the good and the bad, was left uncovered and I was content for awhile just doing this.

However when I started going on missions and saw the outside world, I realized that I had only covered a miniscule fraction of what life encompasses. This was unacceptable.  I felt that it was my obligation to myself, and in someway the rest of the world, to explore and draw everything feeling and situation that encompasses living.  Not long after I exercised my write as an adult in the village to leave the clan forever and seek out my own path in the outside world.

In my 9 years of travels since then I’ve seen, experienced, and ultimately drawn countless experiences and feelings. Love, hope, comfort, loyalty, purity. Hate, despair, pain, tertiary, depravity. Indifference, skepticism, boredom, practicality. There is a lot more, but it would be a fairly long list I don’t want to list out right now.

I’ve mainly been a passive observer over the years, just drawing what I observe. But I’ve come to realize that I can’t get the full picture just by observing. My participation is sometimes required to me to full grasp the situation. So I’ve socialized and accompanied many groups over my recent life. I’ve worked with the virtuous, the neutral, and the vile on many occasions. Having experience some of each side, I hold no preference. Good, Evil, Neutral, Law, and Chaos are just aspects of life that I must observer, participate in, and chiefly illustrate because I am an artist that draws the truth no matter what it is. For Art and Truth’s sake I’ve opened myself to everything that can be experienced in life.

My name is Daken Sato, and I am an artist.

As for Daken’s current situation: He has been with the guild for a little over a year and a half and has been content filling up his portfolio of art with the unsavory passions and actions of life.

Here is his stats
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=111588

UPDATE: I changed around some of my stat stuff and put it on a myth-weaver character sheet.

Zaer Darkwail

Stellaru, I recall there is special magical bracer in MIC which allows summon unlimited amount of +3 (or was it +4?) throwing knives. Just thinked you may be interested on modified version of that :).

Cuffs

Delta, I'd love a PM with those lists you were talking about, or better yet, email it to jburns@ccsg3.navy.mil.

Also, for anyone who'd like to view it, here's the rough draft of my char, Half-Dragon Minotaur Fighter. *lick*

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110682

A/A(Temporary)

stellaru

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 26, 2009, 09:06:33 AM
Stellaru, I recall there is special magical bracer in MIC which allows summon unlimited amount of +3 (or was it +4?) throwing knives. Just thinked you may be interested on modified version of that :).

Really! :o I should look into that. Thanks for telling me.

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Adan on February 26, 2009, 09:59:33 AM
Delta, I'd love a PM with those lists you were talking about, or better yet, email it to jburns@ccsg3.navy.mil.

Also, for anyone who'd like to view it, here's the rough draft of my char, Half-Dragon Minotaur Fighter. *lick*

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110682

The only glaring error I see so far is the BAB- he only has 3 attacks, 11/6/1

Cuffs

Ooops, I threw his "Speed" enhancement on everything.  I'll fix that right quick.  Thanks. :) I look forward to playing, and I'll get background and story in their shortly.

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Okay, finished history so I'm posting that and my character sheet again.  Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110257

History:
My name is not Xulauniir.  I will say that up front, but I will not tell you my real name.  I abandoned that name years ago, when I left my hometown.  I will tell you of my childhood, but that is merely so that you understand my life.  My mother and father were normal for elves.  He was a mage and minor enchanter, not especially powerful.  My mother was a simple seamstress, making many of the garments in town.  I'm the second child, my older sister taking a respected position in the local druid grove.  I can't say that my childhood was too unusual, except for my talent for sorcery set me apart.  Most elves prefer wizardry, but I couldn't study it for long.  It was too restrictive, too linear for me to utilize, when the power inside of me was burning to be released.  The others my age were not kind to me when they learned of my talent.  I will say that the adults and teachers were understanding, but I finally ran away from home at the age of seventy-five, tired of the minor persecution I was under.  I left behind my birth name then, not wanting to be found.  It was then, roaming through the cities of humans, that I met her.
Nimirah was different from any elf I'd ever met.  She was beautiful, golden hair running down her back and dancing blue eyes more expressive than any I've ever seen.  She was also a powerful sorcerer and cleric, taking me on as a student in her travels.  I eventually became her lover, even as I became more powerful in my art, summoning creatures to aid us.  It was during this time that I was shocked to find out that Nimirah was drow, one of the race I had been taught was utterly evil.  I came to understand that while most of her race was evil, Nimirah had chosen a different path, instead working with a thieves guild on the surface world.  I didn't know what to make of it, but then things changed dramatically.  Nimirah was murdered by a party of 'good' heroes that saw through her disguise.  I... didn't react well.  I exploded, in fact.  I took up the book that she had given me, the Vital Pact, and went to the thieves guild, joining its ranks.
I studied and learned, tracking down information on this group of adventurers, learning as much of them as I could.  I summoned Maisiiran, a brachina, more commonly known as a pleasure devil.  She helped me grieve fro Nimirah, and, having successfully summoned a devil, I summoned Letrias, a lilitu, and set her on the paladin and cleric of the adventurers.  She destroyed both of them, but eventually figured out that I had tricked her into killing them for my own revenge.  I barely remember the night when I was seduced by a beautiful elven woman who seemed to know everything I wanted.  I next summoned Letrias a month later for the remaining adventurers, and she said she would do as I asked on one condition.  I had to “bring the child to term.” Her answer to my surprised questions was, “Do you want to know what happened a month ago, or do you want a surprise in 23 months?”  It took me some time to give an answer, and I accepted her terms.  Though I was still surprised when Firanawyn was born.  She was a natural shapeshifter at least, making it much simpler to hide her wings and tail.
I've spent much of my time since raising my daughter and aiding in the guild's activities.  Much of my life has been turned to ashes, and now I'm just concerned with making certain that no one can take someone so important to me from me again.  To do that I need power, and the reward on Damian Nightstrider would be a good start on such.  Those who get in the way had best be prepared to suffer what consequences there will be.  I'm not going to let my heart be broken again.

ShamshielDF

Sorry about the delay in replying to this...work has been astoundingly hectic the last week. 

I'm currently working on a sheet for Firanwyn, daughter of Xulauniir.  She's a...work in progress at the moment.  Hopefully I'll have her ready by the end of the weekend ^_^
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, very nice :). I assume you make her as tiefling? Or use WotC player designed race details for cambion? Cambion at least has wings and is half-fiendish ascend like tieflings but much more closer bloodline to the fiendish father/mother.

Mnemaxa

Question:  How much XP do we have?  Halfway to next level?  Quart to next level?  I ask because two of my powers burn experience, and I like to know what the real penalty for it is....

Cuffs

So my character is done, save for story and the like.  Only question I have is HP...are we doing max HP for each dice or actually rolling it?

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: Mnemaxa on February 28, 2009, 04:47:18 AM
Question:  How much XP do we have?  Halfway to next level?  Quart to next level?  I ask because two of my powers burn experience, and I like to know what the real penalty for it is....

I was thinking about that, since I want to make it easier for monsters to use buyoff and still be useful. The number I'm playing with is 10k toward the next level.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Mystic Dragon on February 28, 2009, 03:36:07 PM
I was thinking about that, since I want to make it easier for monsters to use buyoff and still be useful. The number I'm playing with is 10k toward the next level.

Sounds fine to me.  For those without books, that is 130,000; 120,000 for 16th, and 136,000 for 17th.  (Because you will not find this information outside of WotC itself).

Myrleena

Cool, that means Shamshiel can buy off both of the fey'ri level adjustment without starting at 14th level. ^_^
I'm also curious on the Hit Point question, but I've been assuming average HP. (2.5 HP per level = equals Gaaah. Thank the gods for Con bonuses.)

Mystic Dragon

Since I wasn't expecting so many full sheets to come with applications, I admit I hadn't thought about hp method yet. Let me put on my thinking cap.

Josietta

If i may offer a suggestion.. In my Epic TT game I use the system of.. half your hit points +2 , every level past 1,  no die rolling necessary for HP, and first level is always full HP.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Mystic Dragon

Ok, it sounds like we are winding down where interested applicants are concerned. That being the case, if anyone has a preference regarding sexual content, please state it now, otherwise I'm placing this as NC Exotic, and anything considered legal by Elliquiy rules can and might happen. I will be refreshing myself on the rules in that regard, and if you are unsure of the legality of an action in a post, please check the rules
before posting it. Unfortunately, it seems I can't edit posts(still a forum newbie), so if there is a problem with content, I'll PM you.

Front page is updated with HP rules. If I haven't answered anything, either by PM or post, please let me know.

Zaer Darkwail

You haven't replied to my PM's to approve my char application (plus cohort) nor answered is my char okay for your game or not :P. Aha, fey'ri! Well that is good race for cohort :).

stellaru

Sunday

Finally finished the character sheet with Mz's help. :3 probably draw up a character picture sometime during the week. So I give you Nero. I know I said I was debating on whether to change his name.... And probably would have done so if I hadn't drawn him a character picture when I originally made his character xD. picture can be found here I'm gona re-do it though in pen cause the painted version doesn't satisfy me.
For the sake of avoiding confusion though, anyone is free to refer to Nero by his last name if they wish, I just can't change his first >.> it's beyond me.

Cuffs

I -should- be able to post at least once a day, but I am in the Navy and things do happen.  So, know that I'll at least by trying my damndest for once a day minimum.

As for sexual preferences, my O/Os explain it rather well for me personally.  To cope with that, Mnemaxa and I have worked our characters into an interesting partnership that all will see as the game progresses (Don't want to give any fun mysteries away.)  However, suffice it to say, I don't expect my mino to engage in any sexual activities, though if it happens around him, *shrug* I don't mind that.  I just won't be actively engaged in -sexual- activity (unless the story will absolutely 100% die without it, lol.)  Also, considering the LA buyoff, I'm going to have to review how that works, as I -may- have a couple more levels from it...not sure, but I'll figure it out in just a short while.

If anyone needs anything else, let me know!

And thanks for updating the rules, Mystic. :)

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Oh, I forgot to mention that I should be able to post once a day, maybe twice.

Delta Echo

I can usually post multiple times a day, although sometimes on weekends I get dragged off by Mom the Prude. >_>

As for content, the o/o's also work for me. Beyond them, basically if it looks like the story is about to go somewhere I'd rather it didn't, I'll be a squeaky wheel about it.  :P
O&O - A&A

BlueMary

Zaer Darkwail

Oh, I myself can post quite often. Around 1-5 times a day, depends what time of the day postings occur. O/O wise I am quite open on things.

MzNurse

I can usually post once or twice a day, more on weekends.  and...hello...I'm playing twin sex slaves, Mystic.  Trust me, if I don't like where its going, you'll know...

PhantomPistoleer

Yay!  I got more books.

Curious:  are you permitting the Book of Nine Swords?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Mystic Dragon

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 01, 2009, 08:30:49 AM
Yay!  I got more books.

Curious:  are you permitting the Book of Nine Swords?

Weeboo book of fightin' magic is no problem. Same rules apply, though- Good combos, fine, Loophole or broken combos, bad.

Sunday

I'm a forum stalker so I can post multiple times a day. and I'm A-okay with any kind of sexual content.

Cuffs

Gore the Silent
The incredible picture is courtesy of Mnemaxa the Awesome! :)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110682 is the character sheet, complete (I think/hope.)

Short History:  (what most people can find out.)
He's a half-black dragon minotaur that ended up crossing paths with the guild when they were both sent to steal the same thing.  Most of the thugs died in the fight, though he made sure not to kill the mark, so it might seem as if the guild was responsible.  Later, he was approached by someone asking if he'd like to join the guild, and after some discussion with his 'partner,' he and Jessamyn became part of the guild, at least in some loose sense of the word.  Who they are to each other, to the guild mistress, or to anyone else is a mystery to any not...intimately...involved.

Personality:  (what most can learn from watching him for a short period of time.)
Gore generally cares little about anyone or anything.  He never stays in one place for long, and makes sure to do just enough good to offset some of his evils in hopes that adventurers will simply leave him be.  Most people will never hear him speak, except perhaps to give orders and make observations in combat, and then, only in the common tongue.  His voice is like that of his father if he wills it to be, or if enraged or otherwise distracted from keeping his voice more typically minotaur-ish.  He doesn't feel most are worthy of hearing the multi-tone harmony that his many dragon vocal chords can allow, though sometimes, just before killing someone, he'll give them a taste of it.  He absolutely abstains from sex, this being the one exception to his otherwise unremarkable willpower.  It takes a strong magical command to force him into the act, and the caster had better be ready to die once it is completed.  It's also likely that the one he did the deed with will be much the worse for the wear.  That's all anyone will know of him unless they've travelled with him before, and as of right now, save for his home, Jessamyn, and the guild leader, none will have any clue where he's from or what he's about.

And now, I'm ready to get this show on the dirt trail, or dusty street, or cobblestone path, whereever it may lead. :)

A/A(Temporary)

PhantomPistoleer

BTW:  I just really hope that there'll be some MMF!  I'm down for a hetero threesome.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Hehe, I am hetero also. F+F+M or M+F+M are fine with me :). Also I am fine with hermaphordites (chicks with dicks plainly said, not guy with breasts).

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

hehe, and I am knight commander leading ship loaded with fiendish blooded crew :P. Loads of fun if we can go loot some town from women......

PhantomPistoleer

Can I come aboard, Captain? ;)

Hopefully some of the ladies will want a lot of attention.  ^_^
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MzNurse

and you guys are traveling with a succubus and two courtesans....

PhantomPistoleer

Hmm!  I wonder if any of them will submit to a MMF!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Delta Echo

Not to mention the succubus' half-drow partner... ;)
O&O - A&A

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: MzNurse on March 01, 2009, 02:45:08 PM
and you guys are traveling with a succubus and two courtesans....

All those three can work my airship wenches and entertainment in boring inter planar journeys ;-)

But hope GM approves my charsheet and my cohort. This could be very interesting game!
Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 01, 2009, 02:34:30 PM
Can I come aboard, Captain? ;)

Permission granted, after you sign your name to this delicate infernal document where you sell pity thing, just your soul to my lord Asmodeus. Ah, do not worry fine print. It just details how we kill you in ten years...if you survive that long. But you got ten year membership in ship with amazing crew and entertainment....

Delta Echo

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on March 01, 2009, 02:53:14 PM
YES!

A MMMF!  Is that what you're insinuating? ;)

Only if you can convince Amist to use one of her Reverse Gender spells...  8)
O&O - A&A

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 01, 2009, 02:55:38 PM
All those three can work my airship wenches and entertainment in boring inter planar journeys ;-)

But hope GM approves my charsheet and my cohort. This could be very interesting game!
Permission granted, after you sign your name to this delicate infernal document where you sell pity thing, just your soul to my lord Asmodeus. Ah, do not worry fine print. It just details how we kill you in ten years...if you survive that long. But you got ten year membership in ship with amazing crew and entertainment....

Hmm.  I probably won't live that long.

::SIGNS!::
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MzNurse

Sunday

How many male and Female characters do we actually have? :S

MzNurse

PhantomPistoleer

Awesome, Nurse.  But!  Sometimes it might be cooler if someone DIDN'T comply. ;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sunday

lol. I don't know what Nero will be up to.... I bet he'd all be up for dominating some woman, because he has been suppressed by them most of his life xD. Course I never know how wicked my characters tend to be until I play them.... He didn't come off as too evil when I wrote his history... but I wasn't too detailed so he probably got up to all sorts of wickedness.

Cuffs

O.o  In less than 6 hours, this took a turn for the...porny...oh my.  Well, I regret to inform everyone that there's no minotaur-sexins in the foreseeable future.  As I said when someone else asked, lol, he doesn't care if it happens in front of him, on him while he grumbles with arms crossed, etc, but his pants stay on, zipped, uncut, and otherwise complete and whole, if he has anything to say about it.  (And with -extremely- rare exception, I'm just not down with him having sex, period.  It's a personal preference, as stated in the O/Os.  If he does get charmed or otherwise made to have sex against his will, it'll be with my explicit permission, and there'll be hell to pay in game. I hope I'm not killing anyone's dreams, and I hope I'm not sounding too harsh, but I figured I'd lay out it in advance, that's how it needs to be for the time being.  Any questions, please, don't be afraid to ask.)

A/A(Temporary)

PhantomPistoleer

Phew!  All right!  This was fun!

Sodom the Destroyer [Warblade 16]: CR 16; Large-size Human; HP 224; Init +14; Spd 30 ft.; DR 15/Adamantine; Defense 40, touch 16, flat-footed 32  (Armor 8 + Shield 6 + Dex 8 + Magical 5 + Natural 5 + Size -1 + Misc -1); BAB +15/+10/+5/+0; Grap +30; +33/+28/+23/+18 or +31/+31/+26/+26/+21/+21/+16 Axe or Axes (2d8+23 or 2d8 + 18 + 1d6 fire damage, 19-20/x3 critical +1d10 fire damage); FS 10 ft. by 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.; AL Chaotic Evil; SV Fort +20, Ref +23, Will +14; Str 32, Dex 26, Con 20, Int 26, Wis 18, Cha 18.
  Skills:  Balance 47, Climb 50, Concentration 24; Intimidate 23; Jump 50; Martial Lore 27; Swim 30; Tumble 47;
  Languages: Draconic, Infernal, Goblin.
  Feats:  Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Single-handed Greataxe), Hold the Line, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Quickdraw, Two Weapon Fighting (Improved Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Focus), Weapon Focus (Greater Weapon Focus), Weapon Specialization.
  Special Abilities:  Battle Ardor, Battle Clarity, Battle Cunning, Battle Skill, Improved Uncanny Dodge
  Item Abilities:  Evasion, Haste 3/day, Leap of the Heavens
  Flaws:  Shaky (-2 to ranged combat), Flaw:  Slow (15 ft.)
  Traits:  Aggressive:  (+2 to Initiative, -1 to AC)

Possessions:

Weapons
Right Greataxe Enchanted Greataxe; Traits: Keen, Mighty Cleaving, Ghost Touch, Flaming Burst;
Left Greataxe Enchanted Greataxe; Traits: Keen, Mighty Cleaving, Ghost Touch, Flaming Burst;

Armor
Fortified Bracers of Armor +8
Darkwood Buckler +5

Equipment
Boots of Swiftness
Belt of Giant's Strength +6
Cloak of Resistance +5
Helm of Intelligence +6
Ring of Protection +5
Ring of Iron Skin: 15/adamatine
Amulet of Natural Armor +5

Used Items
All Manuals +5
One Wish

Stances
LVL 1 IRON: Punishing Stance:  +1d6 damage, -2 AC
LVL 3 TIGER:  Leaping Dragon Stance:  +10 Jump, always considered running
LVL 7 TIGER:  Prey on the Weak:  AoA w/ each foe that falls
LVL 8 TIGER:  Wolf Pack Tactics:  Free 5ft step w/ each attack

Maneuvers:  Only 6 readied.
LVL 3 IRON:  Iron Heart Surge:  Counter:  Remove effect, gain +2 morale bonus on attack
LVL 3 WHITE:  White Raven Tactics:  Boost:  Ally's initiative changes, he can act.
LVL 4 IRON:  Lightning Recovery:  Counter:  Reroll an attack that misses with a +2 bonus
LVL 4 TIGER:  Fountain of Blood:  Boost:  Defeat foe, cause fear in enemies
R.    LVL 5 IRON:  Iron Heart Focus:  Counter:  Reroll save
R.  LVL 5 TIGER:  Strong Pouncing Charge:  Strike:  Full-out attack during charge
R.  LVL 6 WHITE:  War Leader's Charge:  Strike:  No AoA during charge, +35 damage upon strike
LVL 6 TIGER:  Rabid Bear Strike:  Strike:  Gain +4 on attack, +10d6 damage, -4 AC
R.  LVL 7 WHITE:  Clarion Call:  Boost:  When Sodom drops an opponent, allies within 60 ft. get free attack
R.  LVL 7 TIGER:  Swooping Dragon Strike:  Strike:  Jump, deal +10d6 damage, stun
R.  LVL 8 TIGER:  Raging Mongoose:  Boost:  2 extra attacks per weapon (four total).

(Modified to change weapons from katanas to greataxes, given picture)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MzNurse

Understood completely, Adan.  Nobody is going to force you.  At least, neither of mine will.

PhantomPistoleer

WE COULD try to entice you, though. ::elbows twins::  AmIright?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cuffs

Of course you can try. :)  Teasing, enticing, innuendo, etc, are all more than welcome, as it makes things interesting.  And, Jessamyn (Mnemaxa's psion character) actually used attraction, which is a step below an actual charm, and even though he was able to stop it from happening, it pissed him off enough for them to duke it out...so mess with my 895 pound furry scaly angerball if you want to. :)  In all seriousness, he's not gonna just fly off the handle unless someone does use some sort of magical or psionic coercion. :)  Thanks for understanding.

A/A(Temporary)

MzNurse

no problem Adan.  My girls are into seduction, not rape.  Well...maybe Jaq...but she's more interested in fighting than sex.

PhantomPistoleer

So Nurse, are you saying that your twins are a part of our rough-and-tumble crew?  Or were you talking about how you were going to join us on the hunt?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

MzNurse

My twins belong to the halfdrow and the succubus.  You would have to ask them...

Cuffs

Do the twins have character sheets?  And I'm curious what are venerable guild leader's char sheet would look like, too. :P

On that note, if anyone has any questions about character sheets, or wants me to peruse them for fine-comb details, I'd be more than happy to.

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

I'm still working out the finer details on the venerable guildleader, but I regret that her sheet and her confidants will not be available for perusal. Given the narrow focuses so far, however anyone in the game should have little trouble discerning their general builds.

Cuffs

*snaps the finger*  Well darn. :)

On that note, I'm big on OOC knowledge and IC knowledge not crossing.  While my char sheet is available for all to view, the particular magics and abilities of his are OOC knowledge.  Some things could be assumed (i.e. bracers of armor probably appear semi-similar, so if you have one, you might be able to assume his are the same.)  Not being a butt  :-X, it's just how he is; People don't need to know anything about him, but if they observe him use it, then they were observant enough to notice and therefore are worthy to at least know that much.  In short, please don't assume he'll do anything unless you've seen him do it before, and at this point, Jessamyn would likely be the only one.

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

My character is, like me, a lesbian, and she's slightly submissive, though she goes to lengths to hide that.  On the other hand, I doubt anyone in the group would know that about her.  Don't worry though, I don't think my character will be signing any Infernal contracts.  She deals with devils too often for that. ^_^

Mnemaxa

Jessamyn is a troublemaker, and perfectly willign to use her powers to cause people to have unusual desires just for her own amusement.  She's a xenophile as well, and enjoys tormenting Gore for whatever reason.  She prefers females to males, but she's flexible, and some of her other powers allow her to do interesting things concerning bondage, toys, and other amusing things. 

She'll probably have a distinct interest in the twins....

Sunday

Nero goes both ways :P Though I know he'd rather be dominant towards a woman, I'm not sure how he'd react to a man. but eh...

also! my new picure of Nero done ^^

Myrleena

Heh, my character will probably stay out of most of it, (though I just realized it would be amusing to have a couple of slave/followers since I have Leadership) but will be most entertained by watching.  And summoning demons/devils to help, of course. ^_^

stellaru

I can generally post 1-3 times a day. sometimes more if they are small posts.

I'm pretty good with any kind of sexual content and my character is extremely curious and open to anything and any sexual role. He is all about experiencing and recording (in the form of art) any and all experiences he can which definitely includes sexual situations. So he he'll do it with just about anything or at the very least will watch and take sketches. He is also a huge voyeur for the sake of his art and uses his x-ray vision ring periodically to search out any good individuals for nude portraits.

Cuffs

I'm eagerly awaiting the start of this game!  :D  Standing by to assist in any way I can.

A/A(Temporary)

MzNurse

Mystic Dragon

We're pretty much ready to go- I'm working on a plot point currently. Adan, I'm going to take up your offer to be my other pair of eyes. Go ahead and check the apps over for mistakes and illegalities.

It might be a little heavy on participants, but all of the submissions so far have been good, so all of you are in. I still need to check your builds over for crazy stuff like thought bottles or infinite spike chain tripping, but for those of you who are eager to start, we're probably a week away or less.

Thank you for all of your submissions and the work you put in so far. I have a massive plot laid out for us, and I hope most of you will see it to the end.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, I hope to be part of the story and able witness it to the end :). Not to mention juicy sexual encounters some of the writers here (we shall see what servant of devil can get to do).

Mystic Dragon

Ok, now that the plot point is worked out, I'm looking at Friday for starting. 2 warnings upfront:

1. I will not be using the CR system to work out encounters- I'm going to do it more like Baldurs Gate 2: Logical enemies that you may or may not be leveled enough to deal with. Use your eyes and your skills before you jump in head-first.

This also applies the plot in general- I have a script for the first day or so, but after that I'm turning you loose. Wanna go insult a master summoner? No problem, I can have 4 Balors summoned for you in short order. Wanna go hit the local bakery? They have exceptional cranberry bread and fresh butter. Wanna pretend to be good guys and hunt down other parties searching for Damien? If you can bluff your way through the local gov't's Detect Evil spells, have at it!

2. Some of the things we're doing(Book of Nine Swords, Psionics) I don't have a lot of experience with, so bear with me. If I need to take time to research, I'd rather do that than make a bad call for or against you. This will also go for when I have to improvise for you- I promise your waiting will be worth it.

Any last minute questions?

Zaer Darkwail

Nothing really. Just take into account maneuvers themselves in book nine swords are meant to be taken off as pure martial skill, not magic (they are treated as supernatural effects rulewise). But anti-magic field works vs them but I recall one maneuver from Iron heart style can negate (single thing) ANYTHING. Including anti-magic field rule wise.

I know a one well broken martial art build which allowed near endless loop for full round actions (and having Ruby Knight Vindicator levels) but I did not do that as it is way cheesy :P.

Cuffs

Mystic - You got it.  I'll start reviewing char sheets for you (although I'm busy for the next couple of days, I'll do what I can.)

Before I start PMing each of you, please take a look at my sheet.  It's not perfect, I'm still going to add my racial stats, but for the sheet to be ideal, to make it easier for the DM, please have every single thing you can possibly think of on there.  Every item you own, book used, etc, should be on there.  Some of you need to re-read the attack system (i.e. 15/10/5 is three attacks, it's not 15/10/5/0), and same goes for armor (Max dex bonus is extra dex given to you, it's a limit.  If you have 30 dex (A plus 10 bonus) but you're a chain shirt (max dex +4) then you can only claim +4 dex for AC.  Please, reread your sheets, if anything is missing, update them (and I do recommend myth-weavers, as it does some nice auto-calcs, but isn't quite perfect).  I'll be PMing each of you within the next day or so.  I'm guessing the few intro days won't be extremely gear/stat critical, so I don't think starting on Friday is a problem.

Cheers all!  Let's have some fun!

A/A(Temporary)

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 03, 2009, 03:28:58 PM
Nothing really. Just take into account maneuvers themselves in book nine swords are meant to be taken off as pure martial skill, not magic (they are treated as supernatural effects rulewise). But anti-magic field works vs them but I recall one maneuver from Iron heart style can negate (single thing) ANYTHING. Including anti-magic field rule wise.

I know a one well broken martial art build which allowed near endless loop for full round actions (and having Ruby Knight Vindicator levels) but I did not do that as it is way cheesy :P.

Most Martial Manuvers are Extraordinary actions; there are a few from Desert Wind and Shadow Hand that are supernatural.  The Iron Heart Surge Maneuver that most char-ops claim is broken is only broken if you take the most literal view of it - that is, that everything in the universe is an effect that lasts more than one round and therefore can be negated by Iron Heart Surge. 

I hate rules lawyers. (Not claiming anyone here is one, just stating it. ^_^ )

Cuffs

Funny that you should say that, for, according to the PHB2, that's exactly what I am.  However, I'm usually using my unique thought process to try and keep things sane, battling the evil-doers that try to loophole everything, so that one man can cleave a whole army in a round.  Bastard...yes, I knew someone like that. O.o  Anywho. :)

Adding a few minutes later:
I've printed everyone's sheet that I've seen links or info for, (Samantha, Xulauniir, Daken Sato, Nero Rilyn, and Sodom (A cohort, I believe)).  I'll be going over them tonight, class schedule permitting, so if there's something you add to the sheet, please let me know.  I encourage adding as much info as possible, no joke.  Racial ability stats, something unusual (I.e. natural cunning, minotaur special ability, I briefly explained it.)  If there's not enough room somewhere, there's nearly unlimited space at the bottom (although scrolling is required to see it sometimes.)  If I pm you with a question, it's not a negative thing.  Just trying to make sure everything is as it should be.  (Sometimes you may gain something from this process.  ;) )

A/A(Temporary)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, here are my charsheets for my char and cohort;

Char (Jarek Darkwing); http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110551

Cohort (Zena the branded); http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110753

Because oen PM with GM I have my cash loosed up from my airship. Most likely spend it on my cohort then.

MzNurse

stellaru

Quote from: Adan on March 04, 2009, 01:31:03 AM
Adding a few minutes later:
I've printed everyone's sheet that I've seen links or info for, (Samantha, Xulauniir, Daken Sato, Nero Rilyn, and Sodom (A cohort, I believe)).  I'll be going over them tonight, class schedule permitting, so if there's something you add to the sheet, please let me know.  I encourage adding as much info as possible, no joke.  Racial ability stats, something unusual (I.e. natural cunning, minotaur special ability, I briefly explained it.)  If there's not enough room somewhere, there's nearly unlimited space at the bottom (although scrolling is required to see it sometimes.)  If I pm you with a question, it's not a negative thing.  Just trying to make sure everything is as it should be.  (Sometimes you may gain something from this process.  ;) )
I changed three things about my sheet since you posted this. 1. I changed corrected the number of +1 javelins I said I had. The correct number is 5. 2 I added the +2 synergy bonus to my sleight of hand skill from having 5 ranks in bluff. 3. I spent a little money on buying 8 more regular javelins and 30 darts and put them into my efficient quiver (the darts will go in the arrow compartment since the PHB said that they were roughly the size and shape of an arrow).

UPDATE: I just realized that I hadn't put in my languages. I just added them.

Cuffs

Okay, Stell's sheet should be all good to go.  Apologize for busy-ness.  My job is randomly slow for weeks, then busy all of a sudden.  I promise to get to you other fellows and fillies.  In the meantime, please please please, I can't stress enough how much easier it is to make notes all over your char sheet.  Use mine as an example.  Note which are feats.  Note weird item abilities.  Racial ability scores, natural weapons, etc.

Phantom, if you could please put your cohort into Myth-Weavers, I'd super duper appreciate it.

A/A(Temporary)

Mystic Dragon

Game Update: I'm going to try REALLY hard to do the final check on everyone's build today, but as I am currently jobhunting, no promises. Also, we have 1 more person definitely joining us and 1 more that might be. I'm aware that our group is getting rather large, but assuming that everyone participates well, I think it will be fun.

Whether I finish proofing or not though, I will get started tomorrow, since there will be no battles and such for the first day or so.

Myrleena

I completely understand the jobhunting bit, as I'm doing the same. >.<  I'll keep harassing ShamshielDF to complete her character, as she's been delaying quite a bit, trying to veg out from too much work.  She'll probably be done tonight, but we'll see how things go.

Mnemaxa

Quote from: Myrleena on March 05, 2009, 02:13:11 PM
I completely understand the jobhunting bit, as I'm doing the same. >.<  I'll keep harassing ShamshielDF to complete her character, as she's been delaying quite a bit, trying to veg out from too much work.  She'll probably be done tonight, but we'll see how things go.

Bear in mind, all you need to do is have her ask for help, and there are a few people who will willingly do so, myself being one of them.

Myrleena

Oh, she's mostly done.  We live together and I've been her GM for...two and a half years now?  She's got most of her character, it's just equipment and such now.  That and she's usually working until late.  Now her character history on the other hand...well, at least her character is my character's daughter.  That simplifies a little.

Cuffs

Hmmm...Mnemaxa, since you have most of these books, and a much better internet connection than mine, would you mind taking on a couple of these character sheets for review?  I've got Nero and Daken done, Samantha basically done, I just need to PM them with details when I have the time.  I know too little about Sodom the destroyer's class to check that one appropriately.  And then Zaer and his cohort haven't been checked at all, yet.
Sorry for being unable to complete these as quickly as I'd hoped. ><.  Gimme a few days, and my schedule should clear up a bit.

A/A(Temporary)

Mnemaxa

So, you need Sodom, Jerek, and his cohort Zena checked, correct? 

I'll give them a going over tonight - but it will have to be after i get home, as I haven't my books with me at work. :P  They'll be thoroughly checked over by the end of the night.

Cuffs

Indeed, you have that correct, though I'm surprised you don't have a drawer full of pocket sized books. >.> Thanks so much, Mnm.  I should be completely done with the others within the next 24 hours.  Here's to a great game, all.

A/A(Temporary)

Myrleena

Heh, well, here's to my first time playing a Summoner.  I've usually refused to think about it since they seem so...useless most of the time.  The Malconvoker just makes it soooo worthwhile to summon demons and devils.  I'm looking forward to it everyone!

ShamshielDF

*Crawls out of the labyrinth she calls work and finishes the last bits of her character*

Um...it's been a while since I've built a character starting at higher level, so hopefully this isn't too bad...Myrleena's been helping me to sort everything out >.<

Firanwyn!

I'm working on a history for her, but its not ready quite yet...Yes, she is her mother's hellspawned offspring, but she likes to play her mothers..."special friend"...
Ons and offs!
A&A

Cuffs

Well, I just realized that PP's Nemo and Sunday's Nero are two diff chars.  I'm about to finish up NERO right now.  And Shamshiel's char is ready now.  I won't be able to do anymore tonight, but tomorrow evening is starting to look up.  See what I can knock out then. :)

A/A(Temporary)

Sunday

lol. I totally knew someone would get confused. curse my inability to rename him xD

Mystic Dragon

Ok Guys! As I suspected, my jobhunting sucked my day up yesterday, but I got a very good lead that I'm currently pursuing.

I am going to start things moving later today. I'll post links on where I want various groups to go for the intro. I'm also setting up a thread that's Lethe's office- post in there by invitation only, and if you read in there when you aren't invited, that info is Out Of Character and if I see plans spun with such information, I'll probably make you backtrack. I'd still rather do that then have the information done on IRC so that we have a complete record of the game.

I'm very much looking forward to this, so get ready to start ;D

Mystic Dragon

Ok, I have the Game threads set up. All players who have signed contracts please proceed to the main area, while all others proceed to Lethe's office for a special meeting.

Main Game Thread
Lethe's Office
OOC Thread

PhantomPistoleer

Heyas!  I think I'll be bowing out of the game.  Actually, I know I will be.

Thanks for your time!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

ShamshielDF

After a week of pure joy at work (really!) I managed to finish the character history for Firanwyn.  Well...she managed to finish her history.

==================

To say that my life growing up was awkward would be deceiving...My mother (Xulauniir) made certain that awkward was the least of my concerns!

Where most girls grow up, imagining a life filled with tedium and drollery, being born with dark hued skin, large (beautiful!) wings and a tail does rather make one stand out.  Hence my mother (Letrias, not Xuli) taught me early on how to use part of my nature to hide it.  I understand that most people kind of get...weirded out, and sometimes even violent about the whole demonic heritage thing, but its not really like it was my fault, right?  I mean...I didn't decide to be born that way!  Besides, Letri isn't around very often, only when mom calls her from her home.  I haven't had a chance to visit there yet, but I want to, eventually.

So...anyway...wings, tail, two beautiful mothers, what more could a little girl want?  Playmates!  Mom (Xuli) loved to call forth all sorts of things when I got bored.  Most of them didn't stay around very long, and seldom came back twice, but they were interesting and I got to see all sorts of things that most people my age haven't even heard of.  Hell-touched reptiles, devils, demons, animals, all sorts of things to play with.

As soon as I was of an age that I could do things on my own (even though mom tended to be more lenient than most elves on age I still couldn't do much until I was 40!  How mean is that!) I started training to help mom with her travels.  Yeah, her summoned pets helped with a lot of things, but I like to stay close to her, and she would really only let me tag along if I could do something to help.  I tried everything that I could think of to convince her to let me go with, but she seemed worried that something would happen to me.

Mom (Letri) gave me some ideas on how to...sway mom (Xuli).  I may not be mundane, but even I was a bit antsy about some of her suggestions, but I was young and, well...part of me wanted to know if I could pull it off.  So, one day I made myself up as a foreign elven traveler in town, stopping at one of her favorite taverns.  Knowing mom (Xuli) it didn't take much before she umm..."seduced" me.  It was really...um...memorable?

What am I saying?  Xulauniir is a fantastic lover and didn't let me sleep until well into the late of the night.  She seemed to feed on my naivety and push further and further.

The morning after was memorable, too.  Apparently, I had held my normal elven form so much that I just...reflexively reverted to it in my sleep.  You think that parents are less than understanding when you damage the cart or farm equipment?  You have no idea.  Eventually mom (Letri) managed to calm her down, but for a while there, well...I laugh about it now (so does she) but at the time I was half afraid that mom (Xuli) was going to send me to mom's (Letri's) home the...quick and painful way.

Letri has a way with words.  I'm still not entirely sure what it was she said to Xuli, but mom seemed...okay with things after that.  And we started to have a much closer relationship than just mother/daughter.

Shortly after that I was permitted to join the guild with her.  Not as her daughter, of course, but as a companion.  It was through them that I started my training.  I did have to train other places to master some of my skills, but my start came from the guild.  I suppose that's part of the reason why I am where I am now...An offer came through for a job and, well...the money was just too good for us to pass up.  To think of all the things that we could do with that kind of funding.  The research...equipment...toys!
Ons and offs!
A&A

Cuffs

Wow.  Surprising twist, to be sure, but awesome job.  I look forward to writing with you as well!

A/A(Temporary)

Mnemaxa

Jarek and Zana have no glaring inconsistencies or over the top abilities or combos that I can find.    Jarek needs to note which manuvers he has ready. ^_^

Sodom is no longer playing, which is a pity.  Are you sure you won't reconsider Phantom Pistoleer?

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, funny part of Crusader tough is that we ready very few maneuvers and then randomly shuffle trough our maneuver table new ones after all possible maneuvers have came in trough 'divine inspiration'. I like the random factor of the crusader in that sense.

Mnemaxa

True, but the GM needs to know which ones you DO have ready so he can randomize the ones granted to you for you. ^_^

Cuffs

Sweetness.  SOrry all, internet was down hard last night, so I wasn't able to get back in.  Everything seems ready, save for Phantom, if he does decide to stay in.  *Grins and rubs hands together*  Sweetness.

A/A(Temporary)