Puella Magi Futa Magica (Futa girl vs tentacle monsters. D&D 3.5 based)

Started by SmilingFox, September 09, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer Robot

Swap it in for Wisdom.  Let's face it, Puella's aren't exactly the most stable/grounded people on Earth.   That said, even keeping it as int can work.   Think.. cat girl or native or some darn thing.  As long as you keep it 'cute' it should work - see Elfen Lied, the story of a murderous eldritch horror intent on supplanting humanity with its race when it's not messily killing them, spending 90% of the time as an addled catgirlish ditz when she isn't in murder mode.  Or Mihoshi from Tenchi Muyou or Prinnies.   Plenty of examples out there in Anime.  Maybe even crib from the theme and  think Sayaka as a Failadin with a rather low wisdom but adamant Fighter of Justice. 

SmilingFox

Honestly, the idea of high charisma/low int characters works really well in Anime settings. Plenty of 'shonen heroes' run the same way, often being the kind of adorable dumb that can be inspiring. (Luffy springs to mind). In the case of magical girls, the eternal optimist springs to mind, who's too dim to realize the underlying bad, and instead focuses on the good in everything.

Even just playing as the energetic girl who hates studying for tests sort of fits. Often those are the type of characters that are there for exposition. Things are explained to them in character so the audience has an opportunity to listen in. There's a lot more options than the standard fantasy setting gives, because you don't have to be the super-muscle-bound-type that has the intelligence of a chair.

Vanetias

Quote from: Vanetias on October 04, 2014, 08:41:32 PM
Something is wrong with InvisibleCastle. I've registered, but have not gotten confirmation Emails. Is this normal?

Could use a little help here...

Killer Robot

Seems a bit borked, I couldn't get in here either.     I tried using dicelog.com but that doesn't seem to hold onto things for long. 

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: SmilingFox on October 05, 2014, 06:12:31 PM
Honestly, the idea of high charisma/low int characters works really well in Anime settings. Plenty of 'shonen heroes' run the same way, often being the kind of adorable dumb that can be inspiring. (Luffy springs to mind). In the case of magical girls, the eternal optimist springs to mind, who's too dim to realize the underlying bad, and instead focuses on the good in everything.

Even just playing as the energetic girl who hates studying for tests sort of fits. Often those are the type of characters that are there for exposition. Things are explained to them in character so the audience has an opportunity to listen in. There's a lot more options than the standard fantasy setting gives, because you don't have to be the super-muscle-bound-type that has the intelligence of a chair.

I can understand that I suppose. Int 7 has always just come off as just straddling the mentally challenged line, so I am just having issues getting past that baseline.

Hmm, think I'll just shift it over to wisdom and have her be just ridiculously naive. And an air head.

So Str 15 Dex 10 Con 14 Int 13 Wis 7 Cha 11.

AEvum

Quote from: Vanetias on October 05, 2014, 09:03:27 PM
Could use a little help here...
You don't need to register, just click "roll stats". I have no idea what you issue it is you're having.

Vanetias

Quote from: sicko on October 06, 2014, 01:15:35 AM
You don't need to register, just click "roll stats". I have no idea what you issue it is you're having.

Is that so. Very well then.

Also, if I were to choose this for my class: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/MSRD:Engineer_(Class)#Class_Skills Which stats would be most useful for this class?(IE: STR, INT, DEX, ETC)

EDIT:

Nevermind, I found how do it. Sorry to bother everyone. Though, thanks to Sicko earlier for helping out.  :-)

And here's the stats that I have rolled for my character: STR 10, DEX 15, CON 11, INT 18, WIS 13, CHA 13

Killer Robot

Looks like the dice roller I used has a miserably short period for getting rid of dice rolls.   Should I restart on invisible castle now that it's up, or is my char fine?

Vanetias

Not sure if I have to roll for every stat, or only on the basic ones.

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: Vanetias on October 06, 2014, 02:18:04 AM
Not sure if I have to roll for every stat, or only on the basic ones.

What do you mean? You already rolled your stats, I am not sure what other stat rolling you would need to do.

Also, SmilingFox, would a Warblade, using Iron Heart and Diamond Mind be acceptable?

SmilingFox

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on October 06, 2014, 10:29:48 AM

Also, SmilingFox, would a Warblade, using Iron Heart and Diamond Mind be acceptable?

Absolutely. Just no "I Iron Heart Surge the Sun!" nonsense. Also, Iron Heart Surge won't remove the negative levels from hitting 0 hp. That would just be... Silly.

Other than that, absolutely fine.

Zaer Darkwail

I usually list Iron heart Surge stuff to be stuff which is affecting only yourself (like petrification can be canceled but not anti-magic field). So that breaking out from something does not cancel it working on others. If sun blinds you, you do not wipe out the sun but the blindness yes.

Ershin

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 05, 2014, 09:46:34 AM
Hmmm, perhaps I go for Cloistered Cleric (Divine Magician variant) 4/Warlock 1/Eldricth Disciple 1 (assuming Ershin does not want play divine warlock).
While I'd still want to try it out myself, considering you got a much better stat roll you'd do it much better then me. So go on ahead.

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 06, 2014, 02:51:09 PM
I usually list Iron heart Surge stuff to be stuff which is affecting only yourself (like petrification can be canceled but not anti-magic field). So that breaking out from something does not cancel it working on others. If sun blinds you, you do not wipe out the sun but the blindness yes.

I tend to house rule it that way as well. I am fairly certain that was the intent, they just worded it poorly.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ershin on October 06, 2014, 05:46:48 PM
While I'd still want to try it out myself, considering you got a much better stat roll you'd do it much better then me. So go on ahead.

Ok, will go for it then. Got ideas on your own char with stats you got? I am sure GM would allow shuffle them around so not stuck with high Wis and Cha.

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on October 06, 2014, 06:11:23 PM
I tend to house rule it that way as well. I am fairly certain that was the intent, they just worded it poorly.

Yeah, even so our group GM hates me because I use Book of Nine Swords; earlier made goblin warblade which was utterly nuts (leaping dragon stance jumping around and by reading badly the stance I made attack rolls with jump checks). Then next one was undying silverbrow human crusader of pelor who died because our house rule that double nat 20 instant kills anything and triple nat 20 kills stuff which cannot normally die (like liches or gods). Now I am going with stuff which nobody had touched before; psionics (went with Ardent/Diamond Dragon elan).

Vanetias

Quote from: Ala Rai Sen on October 06, 2014, 10:29:48 AM
What do you mean? You already rolled your stats, I am not sure what other stat rolling you would need to do.

As in rolling the base stats for Fortitude, Will and Save, alongside with the Temp score/mod and Hit Dice.

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: Vanetias on October 06, 2014, 07:58:03 PM
As in rolling the base stats for Fortitude, Will and Save, alongside with the Temp score/mod and Hit Dice.

You don't roll for your Fortitude, Reflex and Will saves, you get them from your class. Temp score/mod are left alone unless something in game happens to give you a temporary boost. You have 6 HD (Hit Dice), so unless we are going for max hitpoints per HD per level, you would roll 5 of them and take the max value of the 6th.

A few additional questions SmilingFox:
1. How exactly are we determining HP? Max 1st then roll the rest? Or max at all levels? Something else?
2. Are we allowed to take flaws for feats?

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 06, 2014, 06:22:00 PM
Yeah, even so our group GM hates me because I use Book of Nine Swords; earlier made goblin warblade which was utterly nuts (leaping dragon stance jumping around and by reading badly the stance I made attack rolls with jump checks). Then next one was undying silverbrow human crusader of pelor who died because our house rule that double nat 20 instant kills anything and triple nat 20 kills stuff which cannot normally die (like liches or gods). Now I am going with stuff which nobody had touched before; psionics (went with Ardent/Diamond Dragon elan).

I am fortunate that my home group allows and even likes the Book of Nine Swords. Those characters sound like they'd have been a blast to play with. As far as psionics go, my DM dislikes them, mostly out of flavor reasons. He feels that they are too sci-fi for his games.

SmilingFox

Hp is Max for first level, and then roll the rest. If you roll less than half on any of the dice (Ie. >4 on a d6 or >5 on a d8) then you can take half instead.

For example, a fighter would that rolled 4, 8, 9, 2, 3 for his hit die, would have a total of 45 (10+6+8+9+6+6).

I'd rather you didn't take flaws for feats. If it's a huge deal and absolutely necessary for your build I may consider it, but I'd prefer it if they were avoided entirely.

Also, Vanetias, I should have mentioned this earlier but... I've never seen that class before and have no idea what setting that is even from. The game will not likely include any kind of robots, mecha or space ships, and in all honesty I'm a bit perplexed when faced with that class at all. Not to mention, it seems to be a prestige class.

Vanetias

Is that so? Then would you have me rather to change my class then to fit more with the game?

SmilingFox

To be blunt? Yes. Not only is it a prestige class, and thus you'd need a base class to actually start off in, but it just plain doesn't work in the setting, at all. I'm not sure if it's homebrew or not, but I can't honestly verify if it's even fair or balance.

Not to mention, I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but you seem to be new to D&D in general, so it may be best if you start off with one of the simpler core classes.

Vanetias

Alright then, if that would be the case. I'll redo my class if needed be.

Ala Rai Sen

Quote from: SmilingFox on October 06, 2014, 08:59:47 PM
Hp is Max for first level, and then roll the rest. If you roll less than half on any of the dice (Ie. >4 on a d6 or >5 on a d8) then you can take half instead.

For example, a fighter would that rolled 4, 8, 9, 2, 3 for his hit die, would have a total of 45 (10+6+8+9+6+6).

I'd rather you didn't take flaws for feats. If it's a huge deal and absolutely necessary for your build I may consider it, but I'd prefer it if they were avoided entirely.

Also, Vanetias, I should have mentioned this earlier but... I've never seen that class before and have no idea what setting that is even from. The game will not likely include any kind of robots, mecha or space ships, and in all honesty I'm a bit perplexed when faced with that class at all. Not to mention, it seems to be a prestige class.

I was only thinking of taking one flaw, to grab Endurance. The feat is basically useless, but it is the prerequisite for several actually worthwhile feats. Mostly was wanting Steadfast Determination (from PHB2 pg 83), which will allow me to use my Con modifier in place of my Wis modifier for Will saves and makes it so I do not auto fail Fort saves on a roll of a natural 1.

And the class Vanetias was initially wanting was from D20 Modern if I am recalling sources correctly.

And HP
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=65572
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=65573
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=65574
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=65575
https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=65576

Killer Robot

hp roll:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php?r=65577 +12 con bonus +6 hp@1st.   36 hp unless my math is off.  HP changed to verifiable number. 

Not 100% sure of core 3.5 rules so I made something simple, and I doubt minmaxing is really the point of this theme..   Did I make any glaring mistakes?

Sheet:

Ala Rai Sen

Questions about your sheet Killer Robot. What is boosting your dex from 18 to 20? And where are you getting that natural armor bonus from? Also you forgot to fill out your base saves and did not mark you class skills.

Killer Robot

18 is natural dexterity, 20 is after the gear.   Natural bonus armor was the +2 from the leather armor; I seem to have put in the wrong place so I put it in deflect instead, is that right?   And I'm a rogue /everything/ (practically) is a class skill.  Pretty sure myth weaver marks things that aren't class skills with an x under the cc column.  I marked my knowledge skill as area knowledge and swapped some points around to get points for fashion knowledge as well.