Digimon: Digital Champions Group RP! Seeking 1M, 1F and several Digimon!

Started by Vergil Tanner, June 07, 2016, 03:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Lol glad to hear it.  To hear Tanner tell it though, Kayla's the somewhat hot headed one, her Renamon is the cool, collected, and some could argue cold one of the two.  Between the two of them, they have a Ying/Yang deal between them, making the other stronger for their shared partnership, once they learn to work together of course.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil Tanner

LOL. You can talk about the details over PM in a second...since the point of these Partner Digimon is to teach their Humans something and learn something in return, and then experience things with their Human so they can both learn a valuable lesson - since they're supposed to be both the same and different; they learn the positives of an aspect of the other one, then both learn how to curtail the negatives they share - Renamon's personality will depend vastly on her Humans...so give me a moment to whip up a Skeleton for a Digimon Bio, and then you two can chat over PM as to how best to construct the bio.

However, Galnius, you do need to be aware that you don't start as Renamon; you would begin as her Trainee Level.

So give me a moment to get a Digimon Bio sorted out, and you can get started.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Galnius

Quote from: Vergil1989 on June 09, 2016, 05:49:08 PM
Lol glad to hear it.  To hear Tanner tell it though, Kayla's the somewhat hot headed one, her Renamon is the cool, collected, and some could argue cold one of the two.  Between the two of them, they have a Ying/Yang deal between them, making the other stronger for their shared partnership, once they learn to work together of course.
Aye, red omi to blue oni. Well, blue to red.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on June 09, 2016, 05:50:57 PM
LOL. You can talk about the details over PM in a second...since the point of these Partner Digimon is to teach their Humans something and learn something in return, and then experience things with their Human so they can both learn a valuable lesson - since they're supposed to be both the same and different; they learn the positives of an aspect of the other one, then both learn how to curtail the negatives they share - Renamon's personality will depend vastly on her Humans...so give me a moment to whip up a Skeleton for a Digimon Bio, and then you two can chat over PM as to how best to construct the bio.

However, Galnius, you do need to be aware that you don't start as Renamon; you would begin as her Trainee Level.

So give me a moment to get a Digimon Bio sorted out, and you can get started.

Thats fine with me :) it'll be interesting to say the least.
If you are having a bad day, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Or just look up drunk deer.

Vergil Tanner

[float=right]Insert Image/s Here.[/float]

[b]Name:[/b] Name. Just put the Digimon Species Name here. This will be occupied by the name of the form they spend the most time in. This will start as the In-Training II mode, and then afterwards is usually the Rookie name.
[b]Gender:[/b] Male or Female.
[b]Orientation:[/b] I guess?

[b]Appearance:[/b] Written Description. Also include any extra details that aren't shown in the pictures, or distinctive features that may be atypical of their Species.

[b]Personality:[/b] A basic summary of their personality, their foibles, etc etc.

[b]Basic Background:[/b] Remember, In-Training Digimon are very young, so at the start they will have maybe a year or two of life to draw on.

[b]Digivolutions:[/b] This will be filled out as the story progresses, Documenting their various forms and the first time they Digivolved.

[b]Theme Music:[/b] Optional.

What I want you to do, Galnius and Vergil, is come up with a Bio that reflects the fact that the two of them are supposed to be similar but different, with clear lessons they need to learn from each other. Basically, work together to come up with a Bio that reflects why they were appointed as partners. Once you're done, post the bio here for e to review. :-)

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Vergil1989

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Galnius

If you are having a bad day, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Or just look up drunk deer.

Vergil Tanner

And the topic post has been updated with details on applying to play as a Digimon, with the Digimon Rookies selected being listed next to the accepted characters. :-)

Lynnie

I need to link my friend who wants to play as my Digimon >.>

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Vergil Tanner

Oh, that's a point. Anybody who has a specific preference, let me know and I'll mark it on the list. :-)

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Vergil Tanner

There we go! Everybody who has stated their position to me that I am aware of has been noted down. Vergil and Lynnie, I've put you two down as "In Talks" to show that you have some potential interest. And Lynnie, please do link your friend! :-)

Lynnie

Vergil Tanner

Lynnie

InnocentSynn

*waves*  hi there....so I have been recruited (read: blackmailed) into becoming Lynnie's digimon partner. 

Lynnie

Vergil1989

Forceful persuasion.  :P  Lol it's nice to meet you Josh, welcome to the madhouse.

Vergil Tanner

LOL. "Persuasion" is the name of the video tape she has in her possession :P

But okey dokey! Take a look at the Topic Post for the Digimon Bio Code, and the general idea of the game. The idea of the Partners is - as expressed above - that each Digimon and Partner are different but similar. So, they have similar personality types that conflict in specific ways...EG, Renamon and Vergils character have the whole "Martially Driven and Determined" thing in common, but one is more hotheaded, rash and hasty, the other is more cool, aloof and detached. So, the Partner will have something to learn from the Digimon - in the above example, that being more patient and level headed pays off, and to focus her passion and fire into directed efforts - and the Digimon will learn something from the partner - EG, that passion and fire and haste can be effective, if directed properly, so being constantly aloof and detached can itself be a disadvantage - and they will both learn something together to do wth their shared weakness (EG, that being so driven and martially focused ALL the time can be a detriment, and they need to learn to look outside themselves and their own goals to the people around them, and that asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength and maturity).

So basically....you have to come up - together - with a Digimon / Partner relationship that can lead to mutual growth.

Is that understandable, or did I ramble aimlessly again? :P You'll need to both keep that in mind as you two hash out the Digimon Bio over PM. :-)

InnocentSynn

It makes perfect sense to me.  I'm currently on my phone as I'm finishing up at work but once I arrive home, I'll make sure to read the topic and ensure that I'm aware of what's going on.

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

xPeachyPuff

Going to withdraw my interest for now,. Even though I really want to write with you all and get my character finished I just don't think I really have the time > < I'm extremely sorry, but I'm sure you'll find someone to take the spot pretty quickly.

Take care and I hope you all have fun!
- Rainbow ♥

Lynnie

Vergil Tanner

Well that sucks...I was looking forward to getting you involved in the game, too! Well...if you change your mind, be sure to let us know, ok? :-)

Galnius

Name: Pokomon
Orientation: Uh...straight I suppose? Though the likelihood of another Renamon...

Appearance: Pokomon is quite like a golden oval with cylindrical yet pointed ears and tail, as well as stubby round legs. It's defining unique character traits are having scarlet tipped ears, tail, and feet as opposed to the normal white, and darker red markings under her eyes. See heading photo, change the tips to scarlet and add dark red markings.

Personality: Pokomon is a cool, collected digimon, much like many other of her species. She is quite arrogant as well, to the point of being dismissive to those she doesn't think are worth her time.

However, she is also incredibly loyal and caring, with a near hero complex.  To those whom are hurt and/or sad, she is quite caring, acting like an older sister at times (even to those much older than she).

Basic Background: Pokomon has had a rather uninteresting life. She has trained with a small dojo of other digimon since birth, constantly challenging herself to become better. She is striving for the day she evolves, eating well and training to such an extent that she doesn't really have many friends or connections in the digital world.

Many a time, Pokomon is known to go missing for a stretch of days to do solitary training in the woods alone. Through this, she has also learned basic survival such as making shelters, avoiding obstacles, and identifying digital plant life.

It was, in fact on one such outing that our story begins. In the deep woods, Pokomon had been gathering food before stumbling upon a wild and cranky Palmon. The Palmon attacked, driving Pokomon further and further back. Suddenly,  she fell and rolled down a hill and onto a beach. When she looked up (upside down), she found Kayla Tanner  fighting off the Palmon alone. She scared it away, and thus begins our tale.
Digivolutions: None  as of yet.

Theme Music: Weatherman, Dead Sarah.

Writing Prompt:
Just outside of the digimon village, to the east, a beautiful forest flourished. Within were a wide variety of plant life, as well as (mostly) friendly wild digimon. It was here that Pokomon chose to train. She made shelters, weathered storms, and charged fallen saplings to move them to create makeshift bridges.  Her training regime consisted mostly of exploring the wilderness and using brute force to bend the Flora and fauna to her will.

Today, Pokomon ventured towards the beach, dashing through land she had yet to cross. She came upon a fallen log, stopping to think. She backed away. Suddenly,  with a determined charge and a leap "Hup!" She cleared it. For a small moment she allowed herself to indulge in her pride before continuing on.

Minutes later, Pokomon stopped for a drink. A small creek ran through the silent woods providing watervto digimon and plants alike. Its cool, reflective surface distorted as she lapped at it with her tongue. She felt the frigid water revitalize her tired muscles, and laid down to take a short nap.

Her calm serenity was cut off, however, by a voice. "What are you doing in MYY forest?!" It asked, angrily. Pokomon jumped up and turned to the sound. An angry Palmon advanced with a threatening gleam.

Pokomon tried avoiding a conflict the best she could. "I was merely getting a drink", she explained logically. "Would you like some?"

"I WANT YOU OUT OF MY FOREST!" The Palmon shrieked and began to attack. Pokomon quickly jumped to the side to avoid falling into the water she had been wuenching herself on, and began running. On her way, she knocked over fallen trees, jumped over tree roots, and slid down creekbeds. However nothing seemed to slow the ferocious plant digimon down.

The gap between them closed more and more until...smack. Pokomon was struck by one of Palmon's vines, sending her careening down a hill. She bounced down, landing with a thump upside down on the beach. The deranged Palmon approached slowly, raising one of it's barbed hands menacingly. Pokomon closed her eyes, anticipating a ruthless strike. It never came. Pokomon opened her eyes to see something that for a second convinced the rational trainee digimon that she was dead. A dark skinned....human?...girl was throwing rocks at the Palmon viciously.

It began trying to fight back, but the human's ferocious stoning drove it back. It fled into the woods, the girl coming up to Pokomon. "Thank you", said the Pokomon kindly. She turned herself right side up, viewing her Savior from the correct angle. "I doubt I would've died, but still you saved me quite a story." Pokomon thought for a reward for a minute, before "Would you like to come to the village?" After a short pause to scratch her ear, and no warning, Pokomon bolted off with the girl in tow.