A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I'm fairly certain that, at the very least, I have a unique base creature.

Do we recalculate HD, BaB, Saves, and Skills for becoming an outsider?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SomeGuy

I could hit him pretty easily (for pretty decent damage), but he'd completely paste me before I could do anything.

Edit; Using averages, every attack would hit and total damage would be about 1/3rd of his health. Of course, he'd paste me down to several hundred negative HP with his 'always go first' in an actual fight.

TheGlyphstone

I can't out-grapple him because of his stupidly high Strength score and BAB +60 (automatic 121 on all grapple checks), and he's immune to negative levels, so I'd be toast.

ShadowFox89

I have no desire to do anything with Thor.

Not when I can nom on Boccob's gray matter :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SomeGuy

Kord is lot less intimidating. He only has 55 Strength for being the god of strength compared to Thor at 92

who149

The fact that this is even a discussion, is probably a either a really good sign, or a really bad sign. Possibly and probably both.

Upgraded Character http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9881
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

SomeGuy

To be fair, Kord is kind of really weak. Taking the +14 he gets from his divine rank into account his strength only starts at 41. That's assuming he put all his ability increases from HD (15) into stuff besides strength from some reason.

The Dire Polar Bear has 39 strength.

who149

Hm. that would be intresting.

5 Super powered Demon/Devil/Dragon/Zombie/Man eating/Doppelgangers Fight a Dire Polar bear. They all die.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

SomeGuy

More likely Kord did put the 15 points into strength, leaving his base stat like looking like 26/13/16/10/10/15

A Half-Minotaur Orc at ECL 2, with putting an 18 in Strength, has 34.

Kunoichi

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2011, 07:58:09 PM
Thor. Let's see..

60HD (Barb 20/Fighter 20/Outsider 20), total of 1260 HP. Always goes first in initiative, auto-hits AC 114 or less with five attacks per turn dealing 116 points of damage per hit. Armor Class 77, auto-passes any save with a DC of 79 or less.

Pretty sure he'd kick the ass of anyone here, and a sufficiently cheesy level 20 wizard would oneshot him. >:(

Does he know Dispel Evil and/or Holy Smite?  If not, I'm at least completely invulnerable to everything he's got. :P

Edit: Oh, wait.  I'll probably get smashed to pieces by whatever crazy holy weapon he's got, since good-aligned weapons still get through my regen and my DR/Epic and Bludgeoning is only 30.

@Kun: Trollbane is an Alchemical item, actually, not a poison.

Ah, true.  Wouldn't vile damage be converted to nonlethal damage by regeneration like everything else, though?

SomeGuy

PaleEnchantress

Remember that almost all deities use Titan as their base creature.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Kunoichi

Yep.  Thor wins initiative, then hits me twice and I'm not seen again for 1d10 days.

SomeGuy

The Titan stat-line is waaaay better then what deities have. Even Thor (since he's been mentioned a few times) isn't actually all that strong, he just has a magic item that doubles his strength.

PaleEnchantress

Hmm Thor couldn't get through my DR but my DR isn't that high, it's just tough to beat. [10/silver good and epic]  My main way of attacking him would be through very powerful spawn, I spent a lot of my potential so I can acquire hopelessly devoted slaves that are potentially a greater weapon than I am.  How does Studmuffin the water monolith fare against him? I would also probably use a projected image to attack Thor with my magic and command my spawn from relative safety.

Im a horrible social threat though, I my bluff modifier is over +80. 

" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 12, 2011, 09:06:18 PM
Yep.  Thor wins initiative, then hits me twice and I'm not seen again for 1d10 days.

Remind me to pick up Alhoon at some point, since I have a CL of 12.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SomeGuy

He does have DR 35/Epic and an alignment of his choice, SR 50 or so, and the massive list of immunities from being a deity. He also has Hand of Death, so he can just kill anyone really annoying.

Kunoichi

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 12, 2011, 09:14:54 PM
Hmm Thor couldn't get through my DR but my DR isn't that high, it's just tough to beat. [10/silver good and epic]  My main way of attacking him would be through very powerful spawn, I spent a lot of my potential so I can acquire hopelessly devoted slaves that are potentially a greater weapon than I am.  How does Studmuffin the water monolith fare against him? I would also probably use a projected image to attack Thor with my magic and command my spawn from relative safety.

Im a horrible social threat though, I my bluff modifier is over +80.

Studmuffin can take one full-attack, but that AC 114 is just too high an obstacle to overcome, as far as counterattacks are concerned.

SomeGuy

Kunoichi

Oh.

*wonders how she misread that*

In that case, Studmuffin can hit him reasonably well, though he'll waste his strength bonus to damage on that DR 35.  Though, boosting his weapon enhancement high enough to overcome epic damage reduction is presumably Demilich's job...

SomeGuy

End of the day; I don't think we could take Thor without loosing some people (if at all), however various deities are horribly underpowered for 40 class levels +20 outsider HD +the massive benefits from being a god.

Kunoichi

I suppose that's why Thor is the only deity on the Avengers. :P

Ah well, our Illithid Savant will just have to eat some lesser deity's Divine Rank.

rancorius

if your still accepting chacter would a half fiend/half dragon work?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 12, 2011, 08:52:50 PM

Ah, true.  Wouldn't vile damage be converted to nonlethal damage by regeneration like everything else, though?

Possibly, but it'd still be vile, and so unhealable outside the conditions of healing vile damage.
QuoteVile damage, like regular damage, results in the loss of hit
points or ability score points. Unlike regular damage, vile
damage can only be healed by magic cast within the area of
a consecrate or hallow spell.
And when their vile nonlethal damage exceeds their HP, they're permanently unconscious - plenty of time to go fetch a Regen-beating weapon and CDG them.

This isn't based on a specific first-party ruling (Wizards never addressed the issue at all, actually) - but every source I can find, include the professional cheesemongers at Brilliant Gameologists, agree that at best, it becomes Vile Nonlethal.

Quote from: rancorius on December 12, 2011, 09:48:24 PM
if your still accepting chacter would a half fiend/half dragon work?
A half-dragon fiend? A half-fiend dragon? A half-fiend half-dragon something else? These questions are relevant here. ;D

SomeGuy