Sins of the Seven Seas [KIDNAPPED BY PIRATES!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 07, 2016, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

*nods*  Overthinking is pretty easy to do in these games.  ::)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

Quote from: Saffron on August 21, 2016, 12:13:08 PM
For clarification, anything quoted directly to a player came from them. What was quoted by sunshine in the inspector post is what sunshine chose for her note. That was not the inspector speaking, it was a note directly from Sunshine.

And we don't know why Sunshine said what she said.  We have no idea what led her to believe Remi was after her, if he was after her.

Verasaille

Vera slurps her coffee and looks up at the sky for a moment. It was an incredibly beautiful morning. "Well, if you recall the note exactly, she did not say it was Remi following her. Only that it was a man. Then she said we should look into Remi. That could mean only that the Lookout should have a closer look at him. Now if she did not know who the Lookout was, as no one really knows, why would she want someone to look at him?"

I wonder if maybe she knew something and was trying to tell us, or if she was just as much in the dark as the rest of us?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Ryven

One can only make the natural connection between a man following her and the fact that she specifically brought up Remi's name, but I do see your point.

persephone325

If Remy was the Mutineer, then Sunshine wouldn't have been kidnapped. She just would have been turned. But they can't turn anyone on the first night... If he's not the Lookout, then maybe he's the Night Watchman or the Greenhorn? Both of those roles would require some kind of presence around the other, I imagine. If he's not either of those, then obviously he's the Mutineer as that's the only pirate role that allows for movement during the night.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

After hearing arguments from both sides he spoke up and said "I believe Remiel is a pirate. Unless who you looked at was a pirate why wouldn't you tell that person? I know that there is a chance for that person to be the rebel but out of this many players the chance is low."

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi's head was spinning.  Speculation was flying left and right and round and round and she was ready to scream. 

"None of this makes any sense.  There is too much information being thrown around.  I don't know how anyone can make a rational decision."  She shook her head and hung on to it as though it was about to fly apart.  "I have no idea who the guilty one might be but I have to find a way to stop this madness so I'm going to throw my vote against Moriarty and hope to put payed to this."

It left here with the option to change her mind should she feel the need.

Remiel

Valerian votes to lynch me, eh?  What a complete and utter shock!  :'(

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on August 21, 2016, 03:32:43 PM
Valerian votes to lynch me, eh?  What a complete and utter shock!  :'(
Hey, I have a good and logical reason for voting for you, which I see you haven't tried to refute.  ::)  And why didn't you tell Rel that you had spied on her?
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Valerian on August 21, 2016, 03:37:15 PM
Hey, I have a good and logical reason for voting for you, which I see you haven't tried to refute.  ::)  And why didn't you tell Rel that you had spied on her?

Truth. I wasn't 100% suspicious until I heard that post.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
JM (8) - Remi, Night, Perse, Vera, Guy, Cera, Ry, BeMi
Remi (7) - Bly, JM, Rel,  kiric, Val, yugi, Myobi(post incoming)

Yet to vote (3)
Kat, KS, Mynxish

Ill be off for a few hours and probably call this when I return. Get those votes in!
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on August 21, 2016, 03:37:15 PM

I didn't come right out of the gate and reveal that I was the Lookout because, obviously, I didn't want the pirates to know who I was.  But I did tell a few people--ThatRPGuy, Verasaille, persephone, NightOwl, and Ryven among them.    I also told them I had scryed Rel, which I have always been consistent about.

Obviously, as the Lookout, it is not in my best interest--or the good guys' best interest--to reveal my role so early in the game.  James, however, forced my hand, with this dangerous game of Russian roulette he's playing.

As for why I didn't tell Rel I had scryed on her, well, there is always the chance she could be the Rebel.  But that is why I never voted to lynch Rel.

I have to ask, Valerian--are you a pirate, trying to protect your colleague?  Why are you so certain about this, hmmmmm?

Anyway, if the vote goes against me, it goes against me.  I just ask that if it does, the Photographer come forward to test me and prove my innocence.

KatKwik

The Kat appears looking quite distressed by all the goings on. Pirates and missing passengers were just horrifying.

It seemed that others were reacting too.

So it's Team Remy or Team JM. Both sides seem to have a good case even Yugi's idea seemed agreeable.

It was getting very hard to think about her own safety and what was happening. To make it worse they were stuck on the ship with no way of knowing who to trust.

She looked to the Captain for some guidance as she was meant to be taking care of those on board.

For now she votes with the majority JM unless she hears otherwise.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on August 21, 2016, 04:13:43 PM
I didn't come right out of the gate and reveal that I was the Lookout because, obviously, I didn't want the pirates to know who I was.  But I did tell a few people--ThatRPGuy, Verasaille, persephone, NightOwl, and Ryven among them.    I also told them I had scryed Rel, which I have always been consistent about.

Obviously, as the Lookout, it is not in my best interest--or the good guys' best interest--to reveal my role so early in the game.  James, however, forced my hand, with this dangerous game of Russian roulette he's playing.

As for why I didn't tell Rel I had scryed on her, well, there is always the chance she could be the Rebel.  But that is why I never voted to lynch Rel.

I have to ask, Valerian--are you a pirate, trying to protect your colleague?  Why are you so certain about this, hmmmmm?

Anyway, if the vote goes against me, it goes against me.  I just ask that if it does, the Photographer come forward to test me and prove my innocence.
You told five people -- at least five people -- that you were the Lookout, but you didn't tell the one person you scryed on because of the off chance that she was the Rebel?  That... makes no sense.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

persephone325

All I know, is that I just don't want there to be another tie. >.< Being Captain already puts a target on your back, and then there's the added stress of possibly voting out a fellow innocent vacationer.

...Which I've already friggin' done. Not that it would have mattered either way, as I'm fairly certain that both of the two were vacationers. But I digress.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Valerian

Quote from: Remiel on August 21, 2016, 04:13:43 PM

Oh, and lest Remiel try to make something of a lack of denial on my part, no, I'm not a pirate.  :P  I hope the Photographer does help make sense of all this, because it's only getting more confusing.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

Quote from: Valerian on August 21, 2016, 04:56:15 PM
Oh, and lest Remiel try to make something of a lack of denial on my part, no, I'm not a pirate.  :P 

Which is exactly what a pirate would say, pirate.

Rel Mayer

It's extremely fishy that Remiel did not tell me that he looked at me especially considering that he knew I had limited knowledge of what a Rebel even was.

I don't believe it, Remiel. I hope I'm not wrong, but it doesn't seem like you to not say, especially since I have a high likelihood of being trusted at that point.

Ryven

Quote from: Valerian on August 21, 2016, 04:24:40 PM
You told five people -- at least five people -- that you were the Lookout, but you didn't tell the one person you scryed on because of the off chance that she was the Rebel?  That... makes no sense.

I don't know what Remi told the others, but he never came out and said he was the lookout when he contacted me.  He just mentioned he had reliable information.

James Moriarty

I suppose there's one thing we can all agree on: this is an ideal round for the Photographer to step forward.  Regardless of who is arrested here, the stakes are about as high as you can get.

persephone325

Quote from: James Moriarty on August 22, 2016, 01:25:29 AM
I suppose there's one thing we can all agree on: this is an ideal round for the Photographer to step forward.  Regardless of who is arrested here, the stakes are about as high as you can get.

I agree 100%.
I don't know.

Verasaille

That is if the photographer is still with us?

I hope so. These guys both seem too confident. Unless one of them is the rebel, in which case we won't know anyway if the photographer uses his/her power.

Rebel
The rebel is a pirate, but they're still close enough with the crew to pass as a vacationer.
The rebel appears as a vacationer, when viewed by the lookout or when arrested.
The rebel appears as a vacationer, when tested by the photographer.
The rebel is in all other regards like a pirate. There is only one rebel.
The rebel knows the pirates at the start of the game, and gets to vote along with them.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Esoteric Myobi

When JM suddenly fell onto the buffet table's candy options in a shower of melted candy out of nowhere, Myobi was left standing speechless -- and that doesn't happen often! Eyes wide as saucers, mouth open in a surprised 'o', it was a moment before she finally blinked and exclaimed, "It's raining men and candy!" in unadulterated glee, arms waving wildly about her while still clutching at her candy of choice.

Adventure Time Status: MASSIVE SUCCESS

She didn't even care that she'd gotten some melted candy drizzle on her and her white dress. It was whatever because hello?! Better and more important things in life were happening!

But her excitement was dampened at the sudden slew of accusations flying back and forth; sadly, her fellow candy adventurer was under suspicion! Which simply would not do. Standing beside JM with her chocolate smudged hands placed firmly on her hips, she huffily scowled across the room at Remiel before stating, "Excuse me. Excuse me! JM can't be a pirate! We're candy adventuring buddies and that goes beyond all alliance categories! Even if he were a pirate, he's obviously one for plundering booty, not kidnapping!" Gesturing at the piles of candy behind them to demonstrate what her definition of "booty" was currently referring to.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
JM (9) - Remi, Night, Perse, Vera, Guy, Cera, Ry, BeMi, Kat
Remi (7) - Bly, JM, Rel,  kiric, Val, yugi, Myobi(post incoming)

Yet to vote (2)
KS, Mynxish

The vacationers believed Remiel, choosing James Moriarty for the Inspectors next pair of cuffs, the poor Inspector getting rather sticky in the process of actually making the arrest. Perhaps things on the ship would be a little safer tonight. Was the evil genius finally contained? Or had they made a very grave mistake...?

Only the Inspector might be able to provide them with more information, but it was going to take some time before things could be sorted out around here. Perhaps it would be best if the guests just enjoyed the remainder of their day before meeting in the dining hall for dinner.

By this time he had however completed his investigations of Kanrya's cabin and been down to speak with the very likely innocent girl. He offered a note from her hand, whether it could be true the remaining cruisers would have to find out for themselves.
Quote from: KanryaVera and Myobi were suspicious. Look into them.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Remiel

Remiel sagged with relief as the nefarious James Moriarty was led away in handcuffs.  "You guys made the right decision," he said, mopping sweat from his forehead with a cloth.  "You'll see.  Of course, now that the pirates know I'm the Lookout, I'm probably number one on the hit list.  I humbly request for the Greenhorn, whoever they are, to protect me, if you would be so kind?"