JM (5) - Remi, Night, Perse, Vera, Guy
Remi (3) - Bly, JM, Cera

Yet to vote (10)
BeMi, Myobi, Kat, KS, Kiric, Mynxish, Rel, Ry, Val, yugi
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kiric Rand

Damn, so which one of you is yanking my chain here. I hate games like this because I suck at them most the time.
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Rel Mayer

Watches everyone cause such a commotion over her coffee. "I don't like this. Something smells fishy and it's not the ocean. I'm not feeling confident about voting for James or Remiel..."

"But maybe the dice gods were saying something to me with my previous roll. I'll stick with Remiel. I feel like this is a 50/50 chance and it will tell us more depending on the results."

Kiric Rand

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 20, 2016, 08:47:25 PM
Watches everyone cause such a commotion over her coffee. "I don't like this. Something smells fishy and it's not the ocean. I'm not feeling confident about voting for James or Remiel..."

"But maybe the dice gods were saying something to me with my previous roll. I'll stick with Remiel. I feel like this is a 50/50 chance and it will tell us more depending on the results."

You feel that way too huh? Like I know how good of a liar one can be, but I sure as hell wouldn't put it past the other to lie through his teeth.

Gah
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

Remiel

"Here's the thing, though, James.  You claim to be the Lookout and that I am the Mutineer.  The problem is that you didn't start gunning for me first.   I started gunning for you.   That is because I am, in fact, the Lookout.  I looked at Rel Mayer the first night, and you the second.   Rel came up clean, which means that she is either innocent or the Rebel.   You, however, came up Mutineer.

Not wishing initially to reveal myself as the Lookout, I contacted a few select individuals and told them what I knew.  I knew that, by doing so, I was risking revealing my identity to the pirates, but I felt it a risk worth taking.  NightOwl was one of these, and he was the one who led the charge.  Since you were the only one who we knew 100% was a pirate, I tried to gather up a coalition.

When you discovered that momentum was starting to swing against you, you decided that your only hope was to claim to be the Lookout and that I was the Mutineer.   It was a desperate ploy, but it was effective, in that it forced my hand.  Now I am forced to reveal myself as the true Lookout.   

In short, I'm confident that these good people will see through your lies and deceptions.   And yes, if the Photographer still exists among you, let him prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am innocent and you are the one concocting a Machievellian ploy to save your own hide."

His speech concluded, Remiel reached into his pocket and pulled out a box of Junior Mints.  He popped one into his mouth and tasted the chocolatey minty goodness.

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Remiel on August 20, 2016, 08:58:34 PM
"Here's the thing, though, James.  You claim to be the Lookout and that I am the Mutineer.  The problem is that you didn't start gunning for me first.   I started gunning for you.   That is because I am, in fact, the Lookout. I looked at Rel Mayer the first night, and you the second.   Rel came up clean, which means that she is either innocent or the Rebel.   You, however, came up Mutineer.

"Well, that's news to me! I had no idea you were peeking in on my private quarters, you voyeur!" Rel exclaims and snatches his box of junior mints, taking a few before handing the box back to him.

"And yes, Kiric... I'm unsure what's going on, but it's a roll of a dice. It could go either way, unless we overthink who is voting for who!"

Kiric Rand

Well, i need some sleep to think about all this.
[Floatright]
[/float]

Ceralilly

Oh dear jeepers....

Back to James I go....
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

yugi006

Perhaps both James and Remiel are both pirates now. It would be perfect since no one would ever expect it. One of them could have turned the other into a pirate so that they are now both pirates.

persephone325

Quote from: yugi006 on August 20, 2016, 09:39:56 PM
Perhaps both James and Remiel are both pirates now. It would be perfect since no one would ever expect it. One of them could have turned the other into a pirate so that they are now both pirates.

"While that's a possibility, I feel like it would be silly on both of their parts to call each other out and risk both of them being arrested. Before this whole debacle, they were both acting pretty normally in my opinion." Persephone said.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

I believe it would be perfect for them if that actually happened cause no one would ever expect it.

James Moriarty

Well, one cannot fault a perfectly parallel set of reasoning, though as I said in my own post, there is more than just the timing that lends itself to my own view.  And I am sorry to say that that timing was merely that I had a busy work week, and Saturday was the first day I could respond, already in the responsive mode to the attack on my own good character.

Verasaille

Well, it seems to me, and I am far from a perfect reasoner! Either of them could be right and the only way to tell is to take out one of them. Then vet whoever we arrest to see if he is the Lookout. The other one would be the pirate. If they are working together it would not make sense, if they were both pirates, why expose themselves? I think only one is the pirate. The other might be the rebel, in which case he would not be revealed as the rebel. But it would take out a pirate.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes
JM (5) - Remi, Night, Perse, Vera, Guy, Cera
Remi (3) - Bly, JM, Rel

Yet to vote (10)
BeMi, Myobi, Kat, KS, Kiric, Mynxish, Ry, Val, yugi

24 hours or less to round end.
Us against the world

Kiric Rand

But but.... i still don't know who to vote for.

Both of them do make very good points.

Guess I'll do this the only fair way I can. Reym is odds, JM is even

Roll Result: kiric rand rolled: 1d6
Comment:
Result: 5,
Total: 5

Sorry Remy
[Floatright]
[/float]

Valerian

With a folded piece of paper in her hand and a vague frown on her face, Val stepped out of her cabin and went to join the others.  Her frown quickly became a look of stunned surprise as she took in the scene before her.  Everything had exploded while she was asleep, it seemed -- James and Remiel were hurling accusations at each other, while the others mainly watched in confusion, with people voting randomly or changing their votes frequently.  Some murmured together in little groups, while Night Owl, apparently having started in very early on the margaritas, rambled on about plans and schemes to catch the pirates.  The only good news was that everyone seemed to be here.  That was good news, right?

"Okay, first I'm getting some breakfast," she murmured, her head already aching from all the contradictory talk as she walked over to the buffet to see what was on offer this morning.  "Then I'll try and figure all this out.  I heard these cruises could get pretty wild, but this is ridiculous!"
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

"While I don't fully believe either side, I am believing Moriarty a little less than Remi, but I suppose we wont know until one of them is arrested," he said, eying them both.

Galactic Druid

The one thing I'm having trouble with in the middle of all this is where Sunshine's parting message fits in. I'd suspected Remi was a bodyguard or Seer kind of role from that point when I'd talked to him, and he warned me about JM before this thread blew up with their argument, which is why I believed him so soundly. I was going to try and take the heat for Remi since he's the seer and I'm just a vacationer, my life isn't that valuable, but it's too late for that.

The problem I have now is that message from Sunshine. I want to believe Remi, especially since he came to me before either his or JM made claims in this thread, but I just don't understand why Sunshine suspects Remi was "following" her if he scried Rel that night...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

The other problem I have is that everyone I actively distrust (Night, Perse, and Vera) all jumped on the JM train pretty quickly. Now, it's possible night was being honest in his plan to sell out a teammate for trust, but it makes me uneasy about what I think I know...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Ryven

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on August 21, 2016, 11:29:24 AM
The one thing I'm having trouble with in the middle of all this is where Sunshine's parting message fits in. I'd suspected Remi was a bodyguard or Seer kind of role from that point when I'd talked to him, and he warned me about JM before this thread blew up with their argument, which is why I believed him so soundly. I was going to try and take the heat for Remi since he's the seer and I'm just a vacationer, my life isn't that valuable, but it's too late for that.

The problem I have now is that message from Sunshine. I want to believe Remi, especially since he came to me before either his or JM made claims in this thread, but I just don't understand why Sunshine suspects Remi was "following" her if he scried Rel that night...

The inspector's clues could be just as misleading as they are guiding.

Autumn Sativus

For clarification, anything quoted directly to a player came from them. What was quoted by sunshine in the inspector post is what sunshine chose for her note. That was not the inspector speaking, it was a note directly from Sunshine.
Us against the world

Valerian

Nibbling on some fresh pineapple, Val started making notes on a napkin but quickly gave up and began drawing geometric doodles instead, finding it much more restful and conducive to thought.  It was really too early in the morning for all this.

"All right, I think I see a problem here," she finally ventured.  "JM claimed to be the Lookout first, which I think we can all agree would be a pretty gutsy thing for a pirate to do so early on.  Granted, it's possible he's trying some daring bluff, but I'm trying to stick with what seems most probable at this point, and Vacationer would have been a more logical claim.

"If JM was the Mutineer as Remiel says, the only way he could safely pretend to be the Lookout is if he'd already turned the Lookout the night before.  But then the only reason for Remiel to claim Lookout as well is if he's a pirate trying to make JM look bad and generally muddy the waters."  She paused, glancing out at the crystal clear tropical water all around them, then added, "So to speak.  Anyway, that makes Remiel seem more guilty to me at the moment."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kiric Rand

Unless both Remy and JM are pirates and trying to sell each other out to protect themselves
[Floatright]
[/float]

Valerian

Quote from: Kiric Rand on August 21, 2016, 12:41:29 PM
Unless both Remy and JM are pirates and trying to sell each other out to protect themselves
Well, then it doesn't matter who gets arrested so I might as well stick with Remi.  :P
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kiric Rand

I didn't say you whould change. I guess I am just overthinking things pretty hard here
[Floatright]
[/float]