Sins of the Seven Seas [KIDNAPPED BY PIRATES!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 07, 2016, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

"Is it also possible the Greenhorn got lucky?" Blythe asks. "I suppose the Mutineer is more likely, though, since they'd probably want to use their conversion power early. That's strategically pretty sound pirate-thinking."

(Note--not 100% sure on how the Greenhorn works)

Remiel

From the role descriptions, I believe the Greenhorn is like the Guardian in traditional Mafia games.

yugi006

"It could also be the work of the Night Watchman."

NightOwl35

NightOwl walks back in, more confident now that the second phase of their plan has now started.

Listening to Reginald's arguments, all they could do is laugh.

"Why would I out my plan so early? Well there's a few reasons. First of all, I'm confident the pirates won't be standing a chance in this game. Second, I'm bored and would rather start some accusations and debates!" They said chuckling slightly.

"As for your other points, I disagree fully. Vacationers are essentially a barrier for our crew members to be kept safe. We had Kanrya claiming to be a vacationer, and Mynxish without any sort of claim. It should be rather obvious that they were both cruisers and neither were a pirate. So then we have someone whose role could be either a vacationer or a crew member. Would you want to take a chance of losing a crew member, someone who could be vital to the success of the cruisers? Now there's a chance that Mynxish could just be a normal vacationer as well. Still it's a chance that is one that I'm not comfortable to take."

"And for your point about it being a, as you put it, terrible strategy I have to say that you are highly incorrect in that regard. In fact, I'll put it to an example. Let's say I WAS the Rebel, as you pushed forward. In any circumstance, except for the photographer taking my picture, I look exactly like a simple vacationer. With that, I have no reason to appear to be working with anyone at any point. I have no reason to make myself a target at all. In fact doing either of those things is essentially suicide for a Rebel. So why would I actively work against my team? Well I wouldn't do it immediately and get them killed one by one. No, I would make it a gradual thing. Use them til they get caught, then kill them off. I wouldn't talk to them at all though. This would prevent any way for them to seem like they were working with me. Anything to prevent it to look like I would be working with them."

"One more thing about the accusation of me being a rebel. Let me once again reiterate what should already be known publicly (look back through this thread). Until I made those posts, I had no one looking my way and had no one interacting with me. If I was a rebel, doing that is essentially me just handing myself over to get arrested. And quite honestly, if you think I'm that daft then you and I are going to have some issues aboard this ship, Reginald"

Looking around a bit before making a big announcement. "Alright, now with my arguments with Reginald being out of the way, I feel it's time to do something a bit crazy. My second phase has already started, and as such I feel it's time to change my vote. I won't say why or what happened to make me change my mind. All I'll say is that James Moriarty is looking rather suspicious over there."

"And I will say one more that I am simply a vacationer who is playing a chaotic game for reasons that I won't specify just yet." They say with a laugh before going back to do things in secret.

Blythe

Blythe says, "ThatRPGuy, I'm very suspicious of you. I don't think it was a good idea to force a tiebreaker so early. I think that strategy, if you were a vacationer, would have been better mid-game. All it did this time was result in the loss of Kanyra and forced the Captain into what was probably an un-winnable choice. (Granted, it is possible that Mynx might have been a pirate, but I really doubt it). I feel like when its early in game that that is the highest likelihood of a tie being between two vacationers. So I'm going to have to cast my vote for you, ThatRPGuy. If you have something to say to change my mind, I'm open to that, but I just don't trust you right now."

Remiel

I, too, will cast my vote for James Moriarty.   I have heard some very troubling rumors about him...

Ceralilly

"James poofed on a candy run! Had I been drug on a candy run I certianly wouldn't have poofed...."

Ceralilly winks at Myobi.

<_<
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

persephone325

"As much as I have my suspicions about Guy, I have more firm proof of James being in cahoots with the pirates." Persephone spoke up from the back.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Kiric Rand

I am not convinced. I know how Remy plays these games, and he just seems a bit too shady.

Of course, that could just be personal bias though.

However, both JM and RPguy seem suspicious. JM poofing and RP being so vocal in his accusations.

Tough choice. But for now I am going to have to put my vote in for Remy..... following personal bias lol
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Verasaille

First of all, I do want to say I am not the whiz at this game some of you are! But I am learning. It takes time for an old lady!  ;D

I switched my vote to Yugi mainly because I felt a bit of suspicion, but I was not sure. But I knew he would not get voted out because too many others were voting for Kanrya and Mynx. Therefore I feel like my vote did not really count as anything.

As for Reggie, he ditched me for Cera and I am still not sure why he is so suspicious of me!! My vote for Perse was an attempt to get some information.

Since then Reggie has hounded me and cast shade faster than lightning!! Makes me very suspicious of him. He is on my list for suspects for more than one reason. I do think Nightowl has some excellent methods of deduction. Therefore I am voting James Moriarty.  You are not off my radar, Reggie! >:)
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

James Moriarty

As Myobi reached for him in her moment of triumph, James was not to be found.  Indeed, as fate would have it, Candy had another destiny in mind for our complex-carbohydrate-driven hero.

For you see, on his way to that wond'rous place of high blood-sugar levels, James actually fell through a gap in the floor (to the credit of the ship's well-trained crew, there was a tiny little flag atop a tiny little pylon that stated "work underway") and landed on a laundry cart.  As the ship swayed into a larger swell, the deck leaned, and with the force of his landing, this propelled the cart down the narrow corridor towards the galley kitchen.  Careening off wall and door, and spinning at times as corner met doorjam, James and the cart full of old sailor uniforms sped towards the wider portal to that brilliantly supplied kitchen.  James could see the gleam of well-polished silverware and meticulously cleaned knives, blenders and other collections of items his mind dimly reminded him were relevant to the preparation of food, but for which he at the moment had no words to name.

James sped into the room and glanced off of a large, steel preparation table.  The cart overturned suddenly, spilling James onto a surprisingly soft pile of... wait, what was this?  Large, black plastic bags full of candy, as though being amassed for a Halloween celebration of epic proportions had broken his fall.  He looked at his hands with tears flowing down his cheeks as he held up fists laden with Tootsie Rolls, Butterfinger bars in the delightful "bite site" that he always considered such a terrible misnomer, as of course you could easily eat three of them at a time if only you were dedicated to the task, and other hard and soft candies in shapes and flavors that bedazzled him.

Little did anyone relevant to this particular situation know that a propane main that routed through the ship from the main engineering bay and under the kitchen had just been ignited by an accidental spark that had blown from the engine and alighted on a switch that so happened was exposed to a leak from said propane main.  And so, at this very moment as James wished so dearly that his friend Myobi, who surely must have missed him dearly at this juncture in their misadventure, could share in this heavenly bounty, a loud "BANG" sounded around him, and without so much as any warning other than that sound and the sudden shifting of candy all around him, James was propelled upwards through a conveniently placed exhaust vent that led from the underdeck to the main balcony deck of the Lady Sinful.  The cool night air greeted him as he was lifted through the air amidst a shower of candies, some of which popped from the heat like delicious fireworks of goo.  James found himself briefly holding on to the Lookout post, where he suddenly remembered he had seen in the night the Mutineer, shockingly, his wardrobe mate Remiel, plotting against the other vacationers!

He cursed alcohol but ran out of time to form the words to a truly epic curse, as he fell, his hands having lost hold of the little wooden pegs that were situated at the base of the Lookout's Nest, and fell flat onto a table full of candy -- right in front of Myobi.  He sat up, shaking flakes of chocolate and melted hard cherry candies from his hair and looked around at a host of accusing stares.  Raising his hands to his shoulders in a gesture of confusion, he exclaimed, "What'd I do?" [ed: if you have not watched The Wire, I highly recommend it.]

Ryven

So we have people saying you're not to be trusted, and now you claim to be the Lookout and are saying Remi cannot be trusted.

Kiric Rand

Oh great, a classic case of 'my word vs your word"

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

James Moriarty

Well, breaking out of character to speak frankly, I scried one vacationer the first night who may step forward if he or she so chooses, and then Remiel the second night.  In claiming the Lookout, I am making the following bet.  Either I will be voted off, shown to be the Lookout, thereby exposing the most dangerous pirate for next round, or, I'll survive or be protected, and show Remiel to be the mutineer this round, and hopefully survive a round or two more to check a few more people.  Better than being voted off with no consequence!  Go team Vacationer!

James Moriarty

Uh, yes Kiric, as these game always are.  However, as I have the truth on my side, we need only wait for the vote to see what the actual truth is!

Remiel

"Huh," said Remiel, crossing his arms.  "It's funny you should say that, James.   Especially since I happen to know for a fact that you, in fact, are the Mutineer.   Is this an act of desperation, a desperate ploy to try to save yourself at my expense?"

Blythe

"I am the person James looked at on night one," Blythe says. "He told me as such after doing so. I did not come forward because I was afraid I would be targeted because I knew important information, because it was still too early to know for sure who to trust. But I implore people to not vote for James. I think he is innocent. I believe him over Remiel and believe him to be the Lookout and Remiel to be the Mutineer. I know that it's his word vs. Remiel's, but I'm throwing in with James. here."

Blythe

Blythe says, "And since a lot has changed since I cast my initial vote today and since James clearly needs my support, I am changing my vote to Remiel. I am still very suspicious of ThatRPGuy, but Remiel's actions are just too suspicious to ignore."

James Moriarty

Oh, I suppose I should say this formally: I'm voting for Remiel, too.  Which makes me sad: I really do love his shirt.  Wait, can I have the shirt?

Verasaille

Vera makes her way out of the stateroom and grabs some coffee, a pastry and a chair, in that order. "Hmmm. A showdown between two of the shadiest of the shady. We all know this is a game of lies and deceit. Alliances and betrayals." thoughtfully hums the theme from 'High Noon' while she dunks her pastry in the coffee.

"Who to believe? The ever suspicious but lovable Remiel? Or the suave sophisticated silver tongued devil JM?"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Well, I guess you were being honest after all about working against your teammates, Night, because I can say with 100% certainty that JM is not only a pirate, but the mutineer!

I'll reveal how I know for certain later...
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

James Moriarty

So, I just want to review the two stories in their entirety to make sure it's clear.

My story is that I'm the Lookout.  I scried Blythe the first round and determined that he was a Vacationer.  I scried Remiel the second round and determined that he was the Mutineer.  Blythe has confirmed that I reached out to him after scrying him.  If I were merely a pirate and Blythe was not an accomplice, I would never have drawn attention to myself by claiming to be the Lookout and taking the risk that he wasn't a normal Vacationer.  Consequently, the only way this story makes sense is if I'm telling the truth, or if both Blythe and I are pirates.  Therefore, on this story, I believe you have to lump Blythe and I on the same team, one way or another.  If my story is true, then Remiel is the Mutineer and ThatRPGuy is a pirate.  Why?  Because the only way for ThatRPGuy to be certain of something, like actually certain, is if he is the Lookout and scried me, determining me to be the Mutineer, or, is a pirate on Remiel's team.  In every other case, someone could have lied to him.  There's just not enough rounds behind us to make a more sophisticated deduction yet.  If the Mutineer was able to exercise his ability on night one, it would be reasonable to assume he'd convert the captain in order to attain a small advantage in voting.  Consequently, I suspect Perse at this point, too, with much less information  to back that up.

The competing story is that I am the Mutineer.  On this story, as I have suggested, Blythe must also be a pirate as he is corroborating a story that makes no sense unless we're lying as a bloc.  On this story, ThatRPGuy either is or knows who the Lookout is and trusts that person.  Perhaps the story is the Remiel is said Lookout.  No one has actually given /any/ reason to believe this story yet if you re-read the conversation -- they have simply referred to some unspecified event that has rendered them certain.

This alone would balance my views in favor of the first story.  However, there is an even better reason to prefer the first story.  If I'm the Lookout, then my reveal was the move of a desperate vacationer trying to protect his special role.  In doing so, I force the issue, giving the bodyguard a chance to help me if need be, and revealing a dangerous pirate role in the process.

If I were merely a pirate, why would I have /specifically/ claimed the role of Lookout and dragged Blythe into the question?  That would be insanely risky: after this round, I'd have condemned two pirates, and not just one.  And whatever else people may say about my quality of play, I believe that it is very clear that all of my play is for the benefit of my team, whatever team that might be.

persephone325

"Well, I think since both of you are claiming to be Lookout then the best course of action (in my opinion. Take it as you will.) is to vote either one of you out and have the Photographer test you. That way, if we happen to vote out the innocent one then they will be saved. Either way, we'll figure out who the liar is. The Security Guard can arrest the guilty one, should the Photographer happen to find the innocent party." Persephone suggested, as it was all she could think of.

"I, for one, don't really want to lose the Lookout so early."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ceralilly

After listening to James' reasoning, Ceralilly changes her vote to Remiel. He seems very logical, and she cannot pass up such logic, especially as he found the candy treasure, and she wanted to get in good with the holder of said candy.

I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

James Moriarty

James' ears perked up immediately upon someone thinking about candy.  Now, there are theories as to why that would be an ear-related event -- but suffice it to say that candy is a powerful force and acts in mysterious ways.  He turned to Ceralilly.  "What's your poison?  And by 'poison' I mean 'candy,' and by 'your' I mean 'your favorite' and by 'what's' I mean 'what's'."