Sins of the Seven Seas [KIDNAPPED BY PIRATES!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 07, 2016, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiric Rand

"Wow, hostilities flaring already after one vote. I know I just randomly pulled a name, though I didn't roll or anything. I simply chose a name."
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Blythe

Blythe says, "I agree with BeMi. Dessert seems most excellent. I hope this ship has tiramisu!"

Galactic Druid

Reginald's lips begin to curl as Cera whispers in his ear. "Well..." He says, eyeing the way to the rooms. "When you put it like that, dessert certainly sounds like the more appealing choice..."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Autumn Sativus

The Inspector looked at Persephone with concern when she announced her decision, choosing Kanrya to be placed in the first of the holding areas. Didn't it seem that someone they had barely seen would have more opportunity to do the deed? Could Persephone be one of the people responsible for such a disappearance? Further investigation might be necessary...

For now though, it seemed he would be busy looking through Kanrya's room, after taking her down to her new room.

"Well done, friends, a kidnapping and an arrest in just a matter of two courses! Now that the ship is safe for the night, let's celebrate with a little touch of something sweet." Lady Saffron was excited for the fun to begin now that the business was taken care of.

The staff would bring out a collection of sweets, pastries and cakes, and yes even candy among fruit and ice cream options. The goal was for everyone to find their heart's desire, if it wasn't there... oh wait, there it was.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Blythe on August 17, 2016, 07:59:17 PM
Blythe says, "I agree with BeMi. Dessert seems most excellent. I hope this ship has tiramisu!"
"Tiramisu sounds heavenly!  And some strawberries dipped in chocolate!  And Chocolate and Caramel Lava Cake with Chocolate Ganache and sprinkle of sea salt!" 

After making a short list of the goodies she was going to try she headed off to explore the tables for some other delicacies to sample.  All thoughts of people disappearing and getting arrested driven from her head by the fragrances exploding through the room.

Remiel

Remiel looked on, sadly, as the lovely Kanrya was marched off by ship's security. 

"Don't worry, my dear.  I have a feeling I'm going to be joining you shortly.  And then maybe we can really heat up those holding cells..."

Kiric Rand

"I think 8nk I'll have a few peices of tropical fruit personally, nothing too sweet or sugary for now"
[Floatright]
[/float]
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-

persephone325

Persephone sampled a few treats before retreating to her room to contemplate whether or not she made the right choice. Either way, the other vacationers would find a way to criticize her decision. She couldn't sleep, so it would be a long night.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rel Mayer

"Oh well... it's always sad to see one go. But hopefully this means there won't be anymore mischief and we can all relax," Rel nods and joined BeMi and Blythe in getting lost in the land of desserts that made her mouth water.

"I hear they even have mini trifles!" Rel grinned with amusement. "But in truth... I'd settle for just an ice cream cone at this point."

NightOwl35

NightOwl watched with interest as Reginald made accusations at the decision of the Captain Persephone. Shaking their head with a small chuckle they figured they'd come out with a little information for Reginald, as well as the rest of the passengers aboard this ship. "Persephone wasn't alone in the decision to choose Kanrya over Mynxish, Reginald. It was by my advice and opinions that had swayed her to choose the way she did. If you should like to place blame on someone, then I'll much rather take said accusations then have them cast upon her."

"Oh and Reginald? When you initially cast your vote on Verasaille, you had mentioned how it was odd that Kanrya had so many votes and how two people were claiming it was random. I figure I would like to note that, that seems to be rather incorrect. Out of the rest of the passengers here, only one of the people who had voted Kanrya claimed for it to be random and that was Yugi. Myobi had claimed that she had a gut feeling against Kanrya, James Mortiary seemed like he had no idea what was going on, and Ryven had given no reason with his vote. However, Mynxish had THREE people claim to be randomly voting for her, Blythe, Kiric and KatKwik, with YOUR vote being there just to cause a tie. A bit more odd and low chance for three people to randomly select the same person than two is it not, even though only one claimed to have chosen at random? Oh and one last thing, Reginald? Persephone never changed her vote off of Verasaille. If they were both on the side of these pirates, why would they try such a risky move in making one another look bad? Quite frankly it's a little early to be doing something like that, don't you think? Perhaps your mind is a little clouded by the atmospher, or maybe you have secrets yourself? Regardless, what's done is done and I will leave it at that! As our host and others have expressed, we should try and enjoy the night for now!"

With that, NightOwl goes off to go look at the broad collection of sweets and treats brought in for the passengers. Finding nothing of interest for them, as they weren't in the mood for desserts and they certainly weren't the type for parties, they decide to just head out and await whatever "fun" was in store for the rest of the voyage.

Verasaille

Vera browses the dessert bar and chooses some cheesecake with fresh strawberries.  "I see where your interests lie, Reginald. I shall pursue other pleasures."

Sitting at the table enjoying her cheesecake she muses softly. "What kind of entertainment do we have tonight? I need to work off this fattening dessert. Any music? Maybe some dancing?"
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

As the announcement came it was not clear whether Kanrya was a pirate or not. If she turned out not to be a pirate he would regret his decision later.

As the sweets and desserts came out he sampled each and every one as it's been awhile since he had had anything sweet.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: NightOwl35 on August 17, 2016, 09:36:06 PM
NightOwl watched with interest as Reginald made accusations at the decision of the Captain Persephone. Shaking their head with a small chuckle they figured they'd come out with a little information for Reginald, as well as the rest of the passengers aboard this ship. "Persephone wasn't alone in the decision to choose Kanrya over Mynxish, Reginald. It was by my advice and opinions that had swayed her to choose the way she did. If you should like to place blame on someone, then I'll much rather take said accusations then have them cast upon her."

"Oh and Reginald? When you initially cast your vote on Verasaille, you had mentioned how it was odd that Kanrya had so many votes and how two people were claiming it was random. I figure I would like to note that, that seems to be rather incorrect. Out of the rest of the passengers here, only one of the people who had voted Kanrya claimed for it to be random and that was Yugi. Myobi had claimed that she had a gut feeling against Kanrya, James Mortiary seemed like he had no idea what was going on, and Ryven had given no reason with his vote. However, Mynxish had THREE people claim to be randomly voting for her, Blythe, Kiric and KatKwik, with YOUR vote being there just to cause a tie. A bit more odd and low chance for three people to randomly select the same person than two is it not, even though only one claimed to have chosen at random? Oh and one last thing, Reginald? Persephone never changed her vote off of Verasaille. If they were both on the side of these pirates, why would they try such a risky move in making one another look bad? Quite frankly it's a little early to be doing something like that, don't you think? Perhaps your mind is a little clouded by the atmospher, or maybe you have secrets yourself? Regardless, what's done is done and I will leave it at that! As our host and others have expressed, we should try and enjoy the night for now!"

With that, NightOwl goes off to go look at the broad collection of sweets and treats brought in for the passengers. Finding nothing of interest for them, as they weren't in the mood for desserts and they certainly weren't the type for parties, they decide to just head out and await whatever "fun" was in store for the rest of the voyage.

"It's 2 dice rolls on each, actually, with proof for none. Kirk already openly stated he didn't roll a dice. And I never claimed Perse changed her vote, but Vera, she certainly did. While you may think it's a bit early for two people to vote against one another, I believe the first round is the perfect time to do so. It gives the impression that neither player knows what's going on, or even if they did, they weren't on the same team, and the first round is the least likely for them to get multiple votes, with so many random votes happening. Furthermore, Vera changed her vote to someone without a single vote lte enough in the round to know that a single vote on yugi wouldn't matter. It's almost the same as voting for no lynching, a tactic to seem less aggressive by essentially throwing away your vote. Lastly, what I didn't detail is that I'd been talking to Vera before the change about not being sure whether I trusted Perse as captain. If I had voted for Perse at the time of the conversation, that would have been her third vote, tying her (at the time) with Kanyra, and if I remember, one ahead of Mynx. I believe Vera panicked at the idea of Perse being that close to danger, and changed her vote. I immediately voted for Vera as a reaction, but let's be honest, my vote for her wasn't going to tip a scale, whereas voting for Mynx would force a tie, being much more likely to give us new information, and (hopefully) saving an active player who'se barely had a chance to get to know any of us. Sadly, that last part didn't happen, but I feel it gives a lot of information. For example, why exactly did you encourage Perse to pick Kanyra over Mynx, since you're willing to shoulder the blame?"

NightOwl35

NightOwl decides to turn around to face Reginald with a smile, to answer his questions.

"Two dice rolls on each, but how many of them were done in the public eye where we could see it? But enough of that, perhaps I should get to the more...interesting parts of this discussion. You question why I encouraged our Captain one way over the other. Well our dear Captain already answered that one on her own. The question though isn't one you should be asking. Perhaps you should be asking yourself and others, why am I taking the blame for encouraging it one way over the other. I had plenty of time to swap over my own vote, I could have done it then. Or perhaps a better question to ask would be...can you believe what I'm saying is the truth? So far on our short time above this lovely ship, this is the first real time I've interacted with another passenger other than voting, is it not? I've had no one look my way, or wish to bother with me. I've received a total of zero votes and kept quite to myself so far. I have virtually no reason to put any sort of target on my own back. So the questions you should be wondering are, whether or not I'm telling you the truth and why would I go ahead and force suspicions on to myself? Now it's not quite as much fun to just tell you out right why I do what I do. I will say that I do have reason for making these choices though, and it might not be quite what you're thinking. I should at least say though, if you should think of me as a pirate, if there are more pirates here, then by all means try and get me arrested."

And with that, NightOwl heads off to their cabin until the time that they are needed by Saffron for any other surprises she may have aboard this ship.

Galactic Druid

Between your last two posts, trying to shoulder Perse's blame and challenging me to have you arrested, all I can read is "I'm the rebel!"

KatKwik

Pudding!!! Yum! Yum!

Is all for chocolate cake. It's a distraction from all the criminal activity on board...makes a note to remember to order a safe for the shoes...

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Esoteric Myobi

Having circled through the ship, searching high and low through dusty closets and pristine cabinets -- even stumbling upon the Lady Saffron's room before sneaking through her underthings (and pocketing a few lacy numbers with a manic giggle of glee) -- Myobi and JM found themselves back on deck by the pool, hands pathetically sad and empty of candy. :'(

Sulking dejectedly, she suddenly perked up, sniffing the air like she'd just caught a whiff of something delicious. And she had. Chocolate. Latching on to the back of JM's swim trunks yet again, she pointed in the direction of the good smells and ran off charging, screaming "CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" at the top of her lungs as she went.

"....caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!"

She skidded to a stop in front of the dining hall's entrance, eyes gleaming as they zeroed in on the candy options before she made a beeline over to them and buried her hands up to her wrists before coming up with two fistfuls of Reese's Peanut Butter Stix victoriously. Turning, she jabbered excitedly, "Look, JM! Adventure time was a success!"

Except JM was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go? ???

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Kiric Rand

Kiric laughed, munching on his fruit while watching everyone else arlund him, either freaking out about the deserts or trying their best to figure out who was who. It was scary to say the least, someone was abducting people. But this seemed to be worse, the chaos that ensued.

"Sadly, the first choice is always a bad one unless you get extremely lucky. We don't even know how many there are avainst us. Three, four, five?" He simply shook his head. "Things seem they are going to get worse befofe they get better."
[Floatright]
[/float]

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi blotted up the crumbs on her plate with a moistened finger and sighed, replete with a tummy filled with goodness.  Once her dessert frenzy was over she figured she might want to join some of the other passengers.  There was safety in numbers after and everyone knew the weaker animals separated from the herd were easily taken down. 

Some sweet green grapes found their way into a crystal dish and with that in one hand and flute of champagne in the other she went looking for an empty seat beside someone who might be counted on for protection.

Autumn Sativus

The desserts were drawn into many rounds of drinks, and the drinks into dancing and the dancing into... Well. You know. You were there.

By the time everyone had pattered themselves into bed for the night, the sun was already rising over the edge of the waterscape, gorgeous pink and orange tones shining through the clouds and reflecting on the water. It was a rather serene morning, only further allowing everyone to relax as all of the guests slowly found their way back onto the deck.

"You're all here, I'm so very glad. Perhaps today will be a bit better and we can all simply have some fun!" The hostess was quite pleased that the culprit seemed to have been caught so early on.

"I'm afraid the news isn't so great." the Inspector had a grim face to offer. "Kanrya's cabin was nothing out of the ordinary... Another vacationer as far as I can tell... If it was her, she couldn't have been acting alone." his shrug offered all the knowledge he had about the situation, unfortunately. This did however mean that they were looking for someone else, at the very least, whether Kanrya was guilty or not.

"Well... I suppose that means you'll have to choose another party guilty then." Lady Saffron sighed. How do things manage to go wrong even in the middle of the ocean?
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Beguile's Mistress

The conversation between Lady Saffron and the Inspector seemed to indicate the vote had gone awry and Kanrya was not guilty of anything. Well, not guilty of an abduction at least.  Who knew what other perfidy she may have enacted and who cared.  A sigh escaped, creating a gentle breeze, as BeMi looked around the group and tried to find guilt on someone's face or in their eyes. 

"Bother!" she muttered to herself as she wandered to the breakfast buffet for some juice and coffee.  She needed to wake up and do some thinking.  This cruise was turning a bit tedious what with Pirates and abductions and the resulting drama but they did feed you pretty well she thought.

Rel Mayer

Rel grumbles over her steaming cup of coffee, "Those who voted for Kanrya... want to justify your vote? Because you're looking fairly suspicious right now."

NightOwl35

NightOwl takes a quick look around at all the other passengers only to notice that no one was taken last night.

"Well that could mean any number of things that we're all here..." They exclaim. "Either someone was protected, or one of us has swapped to the side of these kidnapping pirates."

Noting how no one is really speaking up, they decide to come forward with something.

"Alright, I'll be the first to make an accusation here. I'm accusing Reginald (RPGuy) for the insult of assuming I would be the Rebel. Why do I find it insulting? Simple, if I WAS the Rebel, I would not be working with any of the other pirates. Quite the opposite, I'd work to get rid of them immediately! It's easier to hide one person than it is four." They said with a slight chuckle, knowing how terrible this would make them sound.

"Oh, and one more thing. The reason I said the things I did? It was to purposefully put a target on my head. Doing that means that the pirates wouldn't try to kidnap me and instead try to use me as a scapegoat to get arrested. It also means they wouldn't try to turn me with this vast wealth of information I have been collecting to use for them. Though I will say, that I did not specifically advise our captain to make her choice. I merely gave her my opinion on the two options that she was forced to choose between two vacationers. So why would choosing to not arrest Mynxish be the safer option? Simply put, we have Kanrya who could tell us her role and Mynxish who couldn't. Kanrya stated to be a simple vacationer, something we can manage to lose. If Mynxish is actually a part of the crew for this ship, we need that around and getting rid of that is not a good idea." NightOwl explained hoping to make others see reason that between a known vacationer and an unknown, more likely than not cruiser role, that getting rid of the unknown presents more of a risk.

"With my reasoning there, I do have to look at you now Rel. Saying that people are looking suspicious for their votes when Kanrya was picked out of a tie-breaker is just odd. In fact you could say that anyone who voted Mynxish or Kanrya should justify their votes. But in the end that does us no good as many will claim their votes to be random." They said shaking their head.

"With all this though, and now knowing that the pirates may have lost their ability to turn someone, I may move on to the next part of my plan." They said walking off, going to start the next part of their plan to out the pirates, smiling as this trip has just gotten a bit more interesting.

Galactic Druid

"Please..." Reginald replied with a roll of his eyes and a slosh of his drink. "You purposely put a price on your head to avoid attention? If that's the case, why share your plan now, before the pirates have had a chance to use you for a scapegoat in any way? Seems like a lot of effort to set something up only to undo your whole plan half a day phase later. Furthermore, actively working against other pirates is a terrible strategy. Throw them under the bus if they get caught? Sure! Work against them, as you suggested? Not a chance. You're just trying to throw shade on anyone who does attempt to go after pirates."

No matter how you slice it, eliminating an active player over one who isn't is not just terrible strategy, it makes the game less fun and entertaining. Taking out Kanyra because she could tell us her role makes no sense to me.

Since we've got the ball rolling, I'd like to nominate either Perse or Vera. Perse for obvious reasons, and Vera because I feel they're working together. They started off voting against one another for appearances, but the moment Vea felt Perse may be in danger if I voted the way I told her I planned to in PM, she swtiched her vote, to someone who had no votes at all, at that. It's an under-the-radar pacifist strategy, same as a no lynch vote in my games. Overall, I think starting with Persephone is the smartest idea, since she's in a position of power, one I'm no longer comfortable trusting her with, pirate or not.

Galactic Druid

Also, now that it's clear we're not waiting on a revelation, no one was killed last night. Most likely thanks to the mutineer?