The Poop Deck [OOC]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 07, 2016, 08:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightOwl35

Quote from: King Serperior on October 06, 2016, 11:19:34 PM
Mass group message?

A group pm that consisted of Myself, Persephone, Valerian, RPGuy, Verasaille, and Ryven that I made during the voting period after Remi was taken out, and Valerian was saved by RPGuy. It was when the votes were shifting between myself and Vera. I made that group and called it an "unlikely alliance" since I didn't think the people in it would be able to work together.

It was the only group of people I felt I could trust at that time to try and hopefully save the two vacationers that were on the chopping block (Myself and Vera even though she was voting me early on that phase) and take out someone I didn't feel we could trust (who at the time ended up being Ceralilly).

My main bits of evidence for making that group was how Remi had earlier on listed people he had messaged (Myself, Persephone, RPGuy, Verasaille, Ryven) to take out JM. Since I knew I wasn't a pirate, Vera and Persephone both didn't seem like pirates based on their actions and words in private, and RPGuy had came out as the Night Watchman claiming to have saved Valerian. The only person in that group I was wary of (rightfully so it turns out) was Ryven. Though initially I had thought "Everyone else in this list is clean, so why wouldn't Ryven be as well?" and I just went with it. After some time in that group (which I'm still surprised these people replied to considering none of them really trusted one another) I noticed that Ryven was posting in the thread, but not replying at all to the group I had started, even to say "I don't trust any of you so don't include me". I started to think "Well this looks bad" and it's when I told the group how much longer the game COULD go on for based on different variables and told them that I highly suspected Blythe based on how Remi knew JM was the lookout. And then after that I had gotten kidnapped and no matter how much I wanted to say things, I bit my tongue and didn't say a single thing about this game.

King Serperior

Quote from: persephone325 on October 06, 2016, 11:32:46 PM
Well, the main reason I was annoyed was that Ryven and Blythe (mostly Blythe) were all like "Look at how Persephone has voted so far! She's voted out all the innocent people!" and when I turned that logic back on Ryven, he was like "Well, yeah! But you did it first, so you're more pirate than me!" So I was just like "Oh my god... No one is being logical right now... >.<" lol
I never said you were annoyed.  I said I thought Kat was annoyed that I wouldn't vote on you even once in the game.  <.<

Then again, I had thought Kat was innocent, so my trusting nature stabbed me in the foot.  >.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on October 06, 2016, 11:35:34 PM
I never said you were annoyed.  I said I thought Kat was annoyed that I wouldn't vote on you even once in the game.  <.<

Then again, I had thought Kat was innocent, so my trusting nature stabbed me in the foot.  >.>

Oh! I misread your message. I thought you meant I was annoyed about how you were voting.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

KatKwik

Quote from: King Serperior on October 06, 2016, 11:35:34 PM

I was never annoyed! I just used your silence to influence my post. I'm sorry KS.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

King Serperior

Oh, I'm not mad or angry at anyone for any reason.  I'm just extremely frustrated with myself for being so indecisive and never being able to even ONCE confirm or deny anyone being a pirate or vacationer.  All I was able to do was, at best, cross my fingers and hope.  >.<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Remiel on October 06, 2016, 11:00:48 PM
Beguile's Mistress, I have to ask--why didn't you use your ability to test James?
Quote from: persephone325 on October 06, 2016, 11:11:52 PM
I'm also curious as to why BeMi didn't test James.

It was my understanding I could only use it once and with all the noise in the thread I had no idea where it would be safe.  Figured I'd hold on to it and use it to save myself.

persephone325

I hope nobody thinks I'm upset at them. I realize sarcasm and joking don't really translate well through text. I wrote things that seemed humorous at the time, but I know that not everyone may have realized what I meant.

I apologize if I upset anyone. Please know that pretty much all my little quips were meant as jokes and sarcasm. *hugs*
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

Quote from: KatKwik on October 06, 2016, 11:28:37 PM
Well done fellow pirates and your sacrifice wasn't in vain Remi!

I apologise to Persephone, Yugi and Night. I knew you were innocent all the time. *kuddles*

I hope you forgive the lies.

Persephone especially. You were such a good sport. I knew if I voted with you then I was safe. Whether you really trusted me or not. When you did you were a wealth of info and with Yugi against you at the start it was brilliant but when you two started to work together I knew we were screwed so I approached KS and went for broke in the thread. Clearly he knew I was a pirate lol!

I thought Yugi or Rel was the photographer, but you hid that well BeMi.

Night, I'm the nicest pirate around...*giggles* You knew all along so I couldn't tangle with you. You were a good sport.

Again my apologies to those I lied to.

Thanks to the pirate team. We made a good team.

Thanks Saffron! It was a brilliant game.

Now lets eat cake

This was kind of a shock. Towards the end I had a feeling you were a pirate though.

I should have started on the whole inspector investigation thing right after when we were all asked to choose a person to inspect. I started on that way too late.

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 07, 2016, 12:46:45 AM
It was my understanding I could only use it once and with all the noise in the thread I had no idea where it would be safe.  Figured I'd hold on to it and use it to save myself.

i was wondering who the photographer was. Yeah you could only use it once but James would have been the best choice to use it on. Generally what you want to do is use it on someone else so that if you manage to save that person you have two people everyone knows is innocent.

Kiric Rand

I actually thought BeMi played it perfectly. I actually thought the photographer was one of the inactive players
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Ryven

So, the major thing that brought you all down (and I'm sure Pers is well aware) was that Night included me in his PMs to form an alliance.  I basically fed my fellow pirates every bit of information I could from that.  Night was extremely thorough in his approach which was why he was taken out as soon as possible, and Val soon followed because she too was becoming a problem for us.  We basically dismantled you guys from the inside because of that, and it was partially with Remi's help because the fact that he called me out by name early let Night believe I was innocent rather than guilty.

@King - My approach to you had a singular goal which was to get you to vote for someone other than myself or Pers because as long as the vacationer votes were spread, we would have the majority in votes to take one of you guys out.  That plan soon fell apart, but Rel then helped by voting for Pers.  At that point, the votes pretty much stayed the same, and even though BeMi used her ability, it delayed the inevitable.  We only had one way to lose, and that was to pick the person that Pers was going to protect that night.  We chose Rel because she voted with us and looked much more like a pirate than anyone else, so she was less likely to be protected.  Our strategic choice paid off, and honestly, she was acting a lot like a pirate anyway.  We didn't so much kidnap her as we inducted her into our pirate brotherhood.

KatKwik

It was a great game and I think the Pirates worked well as a team. We spent time ensuring that you trusted us and not each other.

I look forward to playing with you guys again sometime.

*laughs* Awwww Yugi! Usually you don't trust me and when you did, you shouldn't have.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Remiel

Quote from: Ryven on October 07, 2016, 06:01:11 AM
We chose Rel because she voted with us and looked much more like a pirate than anyone else, so she was less likely to be protected.  Our strategic choice paid off, and honestly, she was acting a lot like a pirate anyway.  We didn't so much kidnap her as we inducted her into our pirate brotherhood.

REDDEST BLUE PLAYER EVER  :P

Rel Mayer

:( It's true. My gut naturally makes me want to lynch the innocent.

I DUNNO WHY I AM PROGRAMMED THIS WAY!

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: yugi006 on October 07, 2016, 03:02:30 AM
i was wondering who the photographer was. Yeah you could only use it once but James would have been the best choice to use it on. Generally what you want to do is use it on someone else so that if you manage to save that person you have two people everyone knows is innocent.

I've played quite a few of these games before but the action is usually more conservative, with everyone being more discrete about their special roles and powers.  Along with that there was all the misdirection going on and the more complicated rules and such.  I tried to keep up with things but all they near-hysteria left my head spinning along with the fact that the past month has been much busier than I thought it would be.

I couldn't believe anything anyone was saying or doing, even when Saffron posted results, and I next to no PM interaction with anyone so I didn't want to take a chance on JM and waste my power.

yugi006

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 07, 2016, 11:44:03 AM
I've played quite a few of these games before but the action is usually more conservative, with everyone being more discrete about their special roles and powers.  Along with that there was all the misdirection going on and the more complicated rules and such.  I tried to keep up with things but all they near-hysteria left my head spinning along with the fact that the past month has been much busier than I thought it would be.

I couldn't believe anything anyone was saying or doing, even when Saffron posted results, and I next to no PM interaction with anyone so I didn't want to take a chance on JM and waste my power.

Well you did a great job at hiding the fact that you were the photographer. It wouldn't have been a waste cause even if James turned out to be a pirate then that would have made Remiel look more innocent or James would have been saved, Those were the two outcomes.

Kiric Rand

[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

Verasaille

*giggles* Would that include you, beardless angel?  >:)

I am up for another game whenever. Maybe I can last longer than three days next time?

I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

persephone325

I have ideas for two games. One only requires 4 people, and will probably last about 2-3 days. The other is a Halloween themed variant of Saffron's Winter Wonderland. Just throwing them out there to see if anyone is interested. :-)
I don't know.

King Serperior

Quote from: persephone325 on October 07, 2016, 08:39:52 PM
I have ideas for two games. One only requires 4 people, and will probably last about 2-3 days. The other is a Halloween themed variant of Saffron's Winter Wonderland. Just throwing them out there to see if anyone is interested. :-)
If one or both aren't as confusing as this one was, I'd like to try my hand a little.  I was thinking of going to the Woody Bits area as a break from mafias, but I could go for something like this.

*suddenly imagines Perse making a Mafia where the 'vacationers' are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, the special cards are the Avengers, and the 'pirates' are Hydra*

>.>

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on October 07, 2016, 08:42:23 PM
If one or both aren't as confusing as this one was, I'd like to try my hand a little.  I was thinking of going to the Woody Bits area as a break from mafias, but I could go for something like this.

*suddenly imagines Perse making a Mafia where the 'vacationers' are S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, the special cards are the Avengers, and the 'pirates' are Hydra*

>.>

XD I actually posted an idea for a SHIELD vs Hydra mafia game, but it didn't get a lot of interest. :-( I could run that one closer to Halloween, though. I've been itching to see how it works. lol
I don't know.

King Serperior

Quote from: persephone325 on October 07, 2016, 09:27:43 PM
XD I actually posted an idea for a SHIELD vs Hydra mafia game, but it didn't get a lot of interest. :-( I could run that one closer to Halloween, though. I've been itching to see how it works. lol
Oh, really?  *begins a quick search for said game*

Ohhhh!  Very interesting indeed!  Too bad there's no role for Tony.  >.>;

That said, I'm possibly interested in that 4-person game, depending on how it works.  Not looking for anything overly stressful such as another full-on mafia game just yet.  Though, a month or so from now, I might have recovered enough to go for the SHIELD vs HYDRA game.  ^_^

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

persephone325

Quote from: King Serperior on October 07, 2016, 09:37:11 PM
Oh, really?  *begins a quick search for said game*

Ohhhh!  Very interesting indeed!  Too bad there's no role for Tony.  >.>;

That said, I'm possibly interested in that 4-person game, depending on how it works.  Not looking for anything overly stressful such as another full-on mafia game just yet.  Though, a month or so from now, I might have recovered enough to go for the SHIELD vs HYDRA game.  ^_^

Yeah. I was mainly looking for feedback on it. When I was making up the roles, I couldn't think of anything for Tony. >.< Though if you want to PM me with suggestions, I'm all for that!

I'm interested to see what people think of the 4 person mafia game. It's going to be quite different from the usual games that are run here. I think Vera said she was interested in it as well. I might see about posting an interest thread and the premise a little later tonight. I imagine the people that barely got to play in this game might be interested in it.
I don't know.

Verasaille

Yes I am interested! A small game where only one of us is the spy. That might be fun.

I do not know the SHEILD thing at all, not going to try that.

I would love a woody bits game if anyone is going to run something like that. Nothing is going on there right now. I really like something like Lords of Waterdeep. That is a helluva fun game.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Remiel

Quote from: King Serperior on October 07, 2016, 09:37:11 PM
Though, a month or so from now, I might have recovered enough to go for the SHIELD vs HYDRA game.  ^_^

You know, it's funny you should say that...

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on October 07, 2016, 08:39:52 PM

I'm down for whatever you run.