Scion Interest Check

Started by fallensaviour, June 12, 2010, 03:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmptyEternity

I don't have much knowledge about the setting itself, but from what I've been told its something akin to modern day Exalted.

If that is the case then I'm totally down for it.

fallensaviour

Quote from: avorae on June 15, 2010, 02:50:03 PM
So shall we post concepts/ histories here or are there a specific board you want to set up for that?

hmm good question...i'm going to go with send me an im with everything...then i can make a basic bio page for people...keep some of the mystery if people cant tell what you can do because of ooc stuff...like a board of stats

avorae

No problem. I'll work up my concept and history tomorrow and send it in.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Empyrean

What pantheons/deities are allowed or is it all fair game?

HairyHeretic

Quote from: EmptyEternity on June 15, 2010, 04:47:57 PM
I don't have much knowledge about the setting itself, but from what I've been told its something akin to modern day Exalted.

The setting is the world as it is right now, bar whatever changes your GM decides to add.

Try to set aside the Exalted angle. While knacks and charms may be similar, legend and essence, they're not the same thing, and believe me, the power level on Scion ramps up VERY fast, thanks to the automatic successes you Epic abilities grant you.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

fallensaviour

Quote from: Empyrean on June 16, 2010, 12:45:59 AM
What pantheons/deities are allowed or is it all fair game?
all fair game though i was hopping for more along the lines of actual characters not just blocks of uber stats involved in the story

EmptyEternity

Quote from: HairyHeretic on June 16, 2010, 02:43:45 AM
The setting is the world as it is right now, bar whatever changes your GM decides to add.

Try to set aside the Exalted angle. While knacks and charms may be similar, legend and essence, they're not the same thing, and believe me, the power level on Scion ramps up VERY fast, thanks to the automatic successes you Epic abilities grant you.

Ergo, less niceties and more shotgun diplomacy. I like this system already. 

Beatrice Black

I'm potentially interested.

Do you have a specific concept for what the series would be about? "An average Scion game where you fight threats as they crop up" would be an acceptable answer here, but if you have something in mind like "you must stop an attempt to shatter the gates to the Underworld" that would be good too when planning possible characters.
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

fallensaviour

Quote from: Beatrice Black on June 16, 2010, 12:08:31 PM
I'm potentially interested.

Do you have a specific concept for what the series would be about? "An average Scion game where you fight threats as they crop up" would be an acceptable answer here, but if you have something in mind like "you must stop an attempt to shatter the gates to the Underworld" that would be good too when planning possible characters.
i do have a specific concept...but if i told you the plot where would the fun be :P

HairyHeretic

What do you have in terms of characters so far?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Beatrice Black

Quote from: fallensaviour on June 16, 2010, 02:00:49 PM
i do have a specific concept...but if i told you the plot where would the fun be :P
Well then, I don't think that was an unfair question, but never mind.
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

fallensaviour

Quote from: Beatrice Black on June 16, 2010, 06:49:42 PM
Well then, I don't think that was an unfair question, but never mind.
you're right its not unfair...but i dont know how much detail i can give away without spoiling plot

Zebu

Ask yourself what you want your players to be like.  Do you want us blundering around in the dark, trying to find the enemy hiding in the corner?  Do you want us to have a vague, oracle-type prophecy ("When the chariot of the Orient is ascendant, the Chosen shall stand before the breaking land and decide the fate of Olympus") and nothing more?  Do you want us to know the primary enemy on a first-name basis, or think we do?  Do you want it to be like a battle with no fog of war, where we know all the problems and just have to find a way to solve them?
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

fallensaviour

well...the idea i had was that this would all start withr you recieving a personal and rped summons to a central location...but for the most part treat it like a "average game where you fight threats as they pop up" only there's a plot behind it

Muse

So like Buffy/Charmed/Whatever is on these days. 

We go to "the hellmouth" and try to establish a real life there while batttling the spawn of the titans. 

As with Babylon Five, while basically episodic some of the time, every few "epsidoes" part of the underlying plot will be revealed.  :)  As it's impact upon the story heats up, the story will take more direction, and we'll have too fight for the life we've built. 

Something like that? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

fallensaviour

yes...thats much more elloquent than what i had in mind

Zebu

So where are we on this?  Does anyone have an idea of who/what they want to be?

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

avorae

I have already sent my character sheet and history to the ST for approval. I am not sure if I should reveal anything yet as he has yet to approve anything yet and he said he wanted to set up a page with the info that we know about each other without giving away our stats and or secrets.

fallensaviour

actually...what i said was i didnt want you giving away stats and secrets cause you all probably wont really know each other first :P

avorae

Ok so i got it partially right. You still did not want us to reveal anything as of yet. Besides I am not sure if I should even give them the basic concept until its approve cause I might need to change some things. ::)

Empyrean

I'm working on mine but it should be done today. :)

Zebu

I gave Fallen two possible bios and I'm waiting to hear which one he wants before I write up a sheet.  Always avoid math if you can!

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

fallensaviour

yea yea gimme a min been kinda busy with the sleeping and the working

Zebu

Bah, someone needs to sort out his priorities.  Be like me and sleep on alternate weekends.  You'd be amazed at how many hours there really are in a day!

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.