Feychaser (Fantasy freeform, reboot)

Started by Ontan, April 13, 2018, 10:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rebelle

Ooooh that I did not know :)

And now I do :D

Giantmutantcrab

Basically she is supernatural in skill and abilities. Can fight several dozen people at once...

And if we remain faithful to the games, will bang anything with a heartbear and perhaps some things that don't have a heartbeat.

pdragon

This is still accepting characters right? If so I was wondering if you'd be willing to accept a fairy character, or would the tiny size be a problem?

idea 1

idea 2

idea 3
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Kokaine

Character finally sent. We shall see what Mister GM has to say about Bhleu.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

RegretNot

Getting in my small write up for the God R'yarvo. 

R'yarvo - The enemy of my enemy is my friend fits well for the God of Chaos.  Finding himself switching sides after those that he allied with tried to assassinate him and his followers.  He supports the draw of Chaos and Entropy in the universe and is waiting when all things eventually break down and shatter.  He is a black robed figure with darkness that seems to swirl around his pale, sharp features.  Known to be a trickster and the god of luck.  Those who seek him out do so at their own peril or devotion to something they might not fully understand.  He goes by many names and is known for his many different personas when appearing to followers in dreams or any plane. 

Flower

I need to come up with a deity for my girl. I kind of want it to be an animal rather than a humanoid.

Giantmutantcrab

Flower

Haha. I'm thinking something more water dependent.

RegretNot

Goddess of Sea Creatures, highly volatile like the changing in the tide. 

Giantmutantcrab

tiny clawdad has purdy eyes

tiny clawdad is nice

tiny clawdad will be a fair and just god

Flower

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Hyacinth on April 21, 2018, 07:17:13 PM
Both of those are awesomesauce.

To be fair, RegretNot's does pack a bit more punch. And a mercurial god, affected by the moon cycle and tides could make a very dramatic, very passionate kind of being and its worship could be equally demanding but rewarding as well.

Flower

I'm actually tempted to use it as a face. xD

PrestaDGTation

If Leanne has a god, it's probably one of the ancient matriarchs of her people.

Cwen Chanjefir:

An ancient Fae Queene, Chanjefir is best known for her role in the False Garden of Things Once True, and for being the core personality in the tales of Five Heroic Masks.  She was a prodigious spell-caster, story teller, leader, and heroine.  One who, at the conclusion of her stories, is said to have been elevated to full godhood.  The Fae have a belief: Sweet Chanjefir's Voice can make a life worthy of a song, into a soul that is precious to the gods.

The Five Heroic Masks

Chanjefir was a storyteller, who commonly enjoyed taking the shape of different figures of her self-created legends. 

There was Beatrice, a human war-maiden who protected the innocent, and her constant struggle for glory.
  There was Omalsce, a devious black cat that made trouble for those who thought themselves wise.
  There was Peg, a horse of legend, constantly searching for a rider worthy of itself.
  There was Thyme, an elf who lived backwards at night, and who tried to resolve a great intrigue.
  There was So'aam, a sailor who'd won a life-debt from a ship of pirates, and his many misadventures.
  And there was K'telphesanc, the Sixth Mask.  Heroes are defined by their villains, they say.  And K'telphesanc was a monster, every bit as clever as he was terrible.

While most of the tales are isolated to a single character, the deeds of the other four would affect the world they lived in.  K'telphesanc, specifically, was Peg's adversary.  Crossovers begin to happen as the great deeds of the others pile on, and Peg begins 'choosing' each of them to be her rider.  Yes, even the cat.  While the apogee of the saga is to have the five heroes unite against their mutual enemy, K'telphesanc is signaturely capable of delaying that grand event.  A strange but ubiquitious part of the tales, meant to make even the listeners hate the monster for always managing to deny them their triumphant ending.

These Masks are important, because Chanjefir never directly appears to her worshippers.  Doing so would make it her story, instead.  But she will sometimes arrive in disguise.  If a knowledgeable Fae encounters any of these archetypes, they will usually think carefully about to proceed.  And of course, sometimes her worshippers call the names of her faces directly, as though they were demi-gods.

In times now, invoking the name of K'telphesanc is common.  It would be useful, now, to be clever without end, capable of any cruelty.  And to always cheat the ending.

The False Garden of Things Once True

This story is a Fae Epic, describing the mythic Game of the Gods, and how Chanjefir rose to dwell among their order.  As with any epic, the overall story is fairly simple, and the length of the tale is in details and episodic recounts that, when omitted, make for a fairly short read.

Chanjefir lived in the days when the Gods played games upon the world.  To create an exchange of power between the divine clans, the Gods created a competition, and chose the children of earth, tree, ocean and mountain as their champions, who would race to collect Dynastic Totems to secure their rule.  Chanjefir was one of those chosen, along with other heroic mortals to work alongside her.  The Fire Dwarf.  The Enshaden Prince.  The Horned Cleric.  Many tales are told of their deeds.  But at the end of them all, they failed.  And the world changed.

Distraught, Chanjefir absconded with one of the inert Totems and flew to the edge of the world.  With her great magic, she created a powerful illusion of what the world was before the change.  A False Garden of Things Once True.  And there she hid, waiting for a thousand years, and keeping the totem safe for the next champions.  Living for so long inside her own illusions eventually drove her mad.  When the heroes finally appeared, she did not recognize them, and gave them battle.  With combat fruitless, the champions turned to guile.  These tales are freely adapted, as a battle of wits between heaven-sent mortals and ancient, bedlamic illusionists seems to stimulate a storyteller's invention.  But, suffice it to say, the mortals eventually out-foxed Chanjefir and escaped with the totem.

The enraged Chanjefir chased the champions across the world, at times appearing in disguise, and at times working with their adversaries, trying to reclaim what she had once kept safe.  There are no less than 14 different locations in which Chanjefir, in some form or another, harassed the party.  At last, one of the heroes determined to raise the dead, to summon the ghost of Enshaden Prince, to reason with her.  With the counsel of her one-time ally, Chanjefir saw clearly enough to join the heroes in their final battle.  Through their sharpened guile, the heroes succeeded.  And the world was renewed.

While the heroes celebrated, Chanjefir returned to the Garden, now filled with True Things That Were Once False.  In honor of her tale, the Gods invited her to join their ranks.  As so there, within a place where fantasy and truth constantly traded places, Chanjefir became the first truly divine Queene of the Fae.

In times now, the story brings a certain grim comfort.  As though perhaps, the Nameless Glade is simply another rhyming verse in history.  Another place where a False Garden may become a Truth.

I blurt.

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on April 21, 2018, 07:08:58 PM
tiny clawdad has purdy eyes

tiny clawdad is nice

tiny clawdad will be a fair and just god

Also, this made me giggle!  Leanne would totally worship Clawdad!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Giantmutantcrab

Lots of attractive women in this party.

I like.

Ontan

Soriel Cloudwatcher, played by Arcadia, joins the character roster!

GMC makes a point, and there are even a couple more female characters in the works. For all those who haven’t started on their character concepts: males would be preferred, but I won't put any hard limits on character creation just yet.

pdragon: It’s a tough call, especially after the last picture of a fairy anointing herself in blood, but the tiny size might be too much of a departure from the other humanoids. Sorry. (Edit: Just to clarify, that wasn't sarcasm. I genuinely loved the last pic!)
Kokaine: PM sent!
RegretNot: Thanks for the write up! I’ll get that posted to the worldbuilding thread.
Presta: As above, with the additional comment that the rest of the lore was too damn good to pass up. The Five Heroic Masks and the False Garden of Things Once True have been added to the miscellaneous info!

Giantmutantcrab

RegretNot and I are cool with a caravan of gorgeous, scantilly-clad, promiscuous ladies.

Our characters will just need good nights of rest.

Yanno.

Rebelle

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on April 22, 2018, 11:08:16 AM
RegretNot and I are cool with a caravan of gorgeous, scantilly-clad, promiscuous ladies.

Our characters will just need good nights of rest.

Yanno.

Mine does not fit any of that bill.

Chronoclasm

>:(

*Angrily throws his half-finished "female Un'gulachshay" concept in the trash!* UGH! BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

(Actually, I do have a concept. I'll try to write it up tonight.)
"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time." ― Jorge Luis Borges

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: Rebelle on April 22, 2018, 12:46:07 PM
Mine does not fit any of that bill.

She is gorgeous.

And a powerful fighter.

Bjorn respects that deeply.

Flower

I was in the middle of edits and lost it. :'( I need to redownload Lazarus.

Kokaine

Quote from: Chronoclasm on April 22, 2018, 01:22:44 PM
>:(

*Angrily throws his half-finished "female Un'gulachshay" concept in the trash!* UGH! BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

(Actually, I do have a concept. I'll try to write it up tonight.)

Oh my.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Flower

Giantmutantcrab

Ontan

Amaranth, played by Hyacinth, and Bhleu, played by Kokaine, have been added to the character roster!

Also, the Moments in Time thread is now up for approved characters who want to post any flashbacks or one-shot stories. I'll also be opening a prelude thread at some point, so that approved characters can mingle with each other while we wait for the last few applications.