Adventure in the Ruins of Azlant (Pathfinder)

Started by Hexed, January 31, 2018, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saric

Quote from: Thorne on February 12, 2018, 09:44:14 PM
I... don't really take traits solely for the stuff I get for them. I chose Scholar because it suited her, and because it was easiest to reconcile with her background as I know it and her personality as I know it, and Resourceful, while useful to a possible crafter, didn't fit.

*shrug*

Fair enough, some people like to optimize and I needed the trait for the skill proficiency so I figured I'd mention it.

Why didn't the others fit her background through? I read through what you had and almost all of them seemed to fit. Resourceful for having to make potions and other items for herself. Pathfinder for always traveling and possibly accompanying one of their members for awhile, leaving a good impression and making your name come up when they needed someone for the expedition. Athlete or Expert Explorer for always traveling, often on your own... Actually the only ones I couldn't see working for you are the Recruit, Following in Footsteps, and Employee. :P

Naima is hugely flexible, trait wise, from being so self-reliant.

Anyway I hope we can find a Wayfinder in game, the fact that it's a potential starting item makes me think that Ioun stones must be a loot item, and some of those have awesome abilities when slotted. I've seen the system but haven't had a chance to use it in a Pathfinder game yet so I'm a bit excited. ;D
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Hexed

Little history tidbit.

The kingdom whose ruins you're exploring. They MADE the ioun stones.

eBadger

Fighting a cold and going to bed early, but I'll get Maki sorted out tomorrow. 

Hexed

That stuffs been nasty this year. Stay safe! Hope you get feeling better.

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 12, 2018, 10:10:05 PM
Little history tidbit.

The kingdom whose ruins you're exploring. They MADE the ioun stones.

Oh I know! But that doesn't automatically mean the module designers included them! :P The Wayfinder, on the other hand, rather does! ;D

I've learned not to expect an overabundance of world-plot convergence from module writers until I've seen signs of it with my own eyes. :P

Quote from: eBadger on February 12, 2018, 10:12:21 PM
Fighting a cold and going to bed early, but I'll get Maki sorted out tomorrow.

Rest up, I got the flu over New Years so I know how bad that can drain you. :-\
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Angie

When it comes to traits, I took Resourceful cause that was all that fit. If it was up to me I'd have taken Affable and Chivalrous.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Chulanowa

I was sorely tempted by the Well-Provisioned Adventurer trait. So much yummy gear for the cost of a trait! But, gotta get that Survival.

keyotess

Okay, I am pretty sure I have Muineth converted and ready to go. :)
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

eBadger

keyotess

By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on February 14, 2018, 03:14:16 AM
Character sheets all tidied up.

Maki's looking good! But did you want to put any ranks in Perform (Sexual Entertainment) or Profession (Prostitute)? We're using the Background Skills optional rules so you get an extra 2 skill ranks a level for, basically 'non-adventure' skills. I'd suggest ether or both of those and/or Knowledge (nobility) depending on if that quote you include applies to her. >:)

Incidentally I didn't check anyone else, did everybody else include their free skill points? They got added a few posts in so it could have been easily missed. :P

keyotess

Chulanowa

Mmmmyup, that's where the Performance and History comes from!

Hexed

Oh yeah. :(  I did forget to add that to the main post. My bad.

Working on getting the games threads up. But today's not been a good day sadly. Sick enough I left work early to med up and crash.

Gonna put the cautious team (Not up for everything) in NC: exotic

while the other team I'm thinking extreme. Unless NC: exotic's good for both teams?

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 14, 2018, 07:58:56 PM
Oh yeah. :(  I did forget to add that to the main post. My bad.

Working on getting the games threads up. But today's not been a good day sadly. Sick enough I left work early to med up and crash.

Gonna put the cautious team (Not up for everything) in NC: exotic

while the other team I'm thinking extreme. Unless NC: exotic's good for both teams?

I'm sorry to hear that. Rest up and hope you feel better!

Those sound good, though I'm confused why sex with a tentacle monster is 'exotic' but sex with a dog is 'extreme'... :P

PixelatedPixie

I am fine with extreme or non-con exotic, it depends what you would like to include.

Sorry I haven't finished my sheet, I was in the hospital for a chunk of the weekend which has put me behind in life in general.

keyotess

Yeah, get well Hexed, the flu season has been bad this year.

Glad you are out of the hospital perpetuallyannoyedcleric!

And NC:exotic is fine with me. :)

Hexed

eugh hospitals suck. So no need to apologize for that! Quite understandable.

@Saric Honestly not sure. Maybe 'cause tentacle monsters don't actually exist while dogs do and the prevalent morality of the time is having a say in it?

Hmmm. Now that makes me wonder what the morality of a fantasy medieval society actually would be.

Saric

Quote from: Hexed on February 14, 2018, 09:16:02 PM

@Saric Honestly not sure. Maybe 'cause tentacle monsters don't actually exist while dogs do and the prevalent morality of the time is having a say in it?

Hmmm. Now that makes me wonder what the morality of a fantasy medieval society actually would be.

'If you can breed with it we can put the kid to work at the farm, so have at it! If you can't but it can understand you, you can seduce it for pleasure, but it's looked down on once you're married. Everything else is a kink.'

I figure that's about right, considering the hyper sexualization of the world you mentioned in the opening post. :P

(Note that anything with a 3 or high in int can potentially understand you and become your mistress. :P)

Chulanowa

Quote from: Hexed on February 14, 2018, 09:16:02 PM

Well, our characters will be coming from the nation of Andoran, which is a very freedom-minded society based on the principles of personal liberty (so long as you don't infringe on others.) Gods like Cayden cailean and Shelyn are popular in the country, as are various Empyreal Lords; outside the cities, the society quickly grades from farming communities to massive swaths of wilderness managed by druids dancing naked with fairies in the woods.

All this in a setting where one of the major deities is a goddess of lust, three other goddesses are apparently in a love triangle (Desna, Sarenrae, Shelyn), cross-species breeding is common enough to have generated self-sustaining hybrid communities, and the ability to become any variation of gender you can imagine only costs a mere 2,250 gp (1,125 gp for a spellcaster with craft Wondrous Item and access to Polymorph!)

Golarion is a pretty sexually progressive fantasy world, basically. I mean people will give you weird looks if you're shagging a goblin, but that'll be because goblins are little psychos more than surprise at crossing the species barrier.

Angie

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 14, 2018, 11:17:24 PM
All this in a setting where one of the major deities is a goddess of lust, three other goddesses are apparently in a love triangle (Desna, Sarenrae, Shelyn), cross-species breeding is common enough to have generated self-sustaining hybrid communities, and the ability to become any variation of gender you can imagine only costs a mere 2,250 gp (1,125 gp for a spellcaster with craft Wondrous Item and access to Polymorph!)

It's at this point I have to tell you that you do NOT need access to Polymorph, assuming the item is not activated by spell trigger/completion. You just need a kick ass Spellcraft to get past it.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Callie Del Noire

keyotess

Quote from: Chulanowa on February 14, 2018, 11:17:24 PM
Well, our characters will be coming from the nation of Andoran, which is a very freedom-minded society based on the principles of personal liberty (so long as you don't infringe on others.) Gods like Cayden cailean and Shelyn are popular in the country, as are various Empyreal Lords; outside the cities, the society quickly grades from farming communities to massive swaths of wilderness managed by druids dancing naked with fairies in the woods.

Golarion is a pretty sexually progressive fantasy world, basically. I mean people will give you weird looks if you're shagging a goblin, but that'll be because goblins are little psychos more than surprise at crossing the species barrier.

Oh really??  Is all that canon or our world?   ::)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: keyotess on February 14, 2018, 11:40:38 PM
Oh really??  Is all that canon or our world?   ::)

Pretty much. There is at least one TG iconic (the shaman), the iconic Rogue is supposedly bi, and currently in a relationship with the iconic Cleric in the pathfinder comics.

In at least one AP you got a paladin who is TG and married to a woman (Wrath of the Righteous) and I know at least a few NPCs who definitely stand out as well. The main leader of the Echange (formerly Quadira) faction is gay with a husband and two adopted daughters.

Most of its very quiet but there.

Saric

I'd also point out that Cayden Caylen is banging Calistria off and on as a casual side thing. :P He also likes to serenade Shelyn and pursues both Desna and Sarenrae at times, though he has yet to 'score' with any of them, officially. :P Also Calistria and Shelyn "amuse each other and understand the need for both lust and love in a passionate relationship". Read that how you like! :P