News:

Main Menu

Walking dead fans

Started by Tise, October 12, 2013, 09:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tise

Am I the only one exited for the season premiere of the walking dead? Come on people I know there's got to be atleast 5 of you who are just as excited as I am.
Not All Who Wonder Are Lost

GentleMstr

I thought it was a good episode, some predictable parts, but over all a good season premier. I am surprised there are not more fans on here, though.
Remember you hold the key to her happiness or her misery. Tread lightly with her heart.

Ok with random PMs

Tise

Yeah i was shocked to because I've talked to a few people on here who are fans. The premier was good however it's got me questioning something. The way how that kid died at the end. Was he bit before? Did he has a pervious condition? Or is there now some kind of disease that's being introduced in this season?
Not All Who Wonder Are Lost

JadeArwen

yeah I'm so behind on walking dead, I don't even know what's going on. Last time I got to watch it the sheriffs wife was pregnant with a baby and the little boy got shot or sick from some thing. Don't have cable anymore only internet.

Iniquitous

Quote from: Tise on October 18, 2013, 09:26:13 PM
Or is there now some kind of disease that's being introduced in this season?

Ding Ding Ding
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

RainyHigh

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on October 27, 2013, 10:12:42 AM
Ding Ding Ding

Well f*ck. It looks like it's zombies: 1 billion humans: zero. This show makes humans out to be so helpless, all the odds are against them and now they make the odds even higher--if it were possible. I'm still going to watch it anyways. xD
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

scarletgender

I kind of feel that the Walking Dead is in a bit of a rut.

I don't feel that "just surviving" is an engaging enough premise to keep a show running.  I loved the first season as there was movement to different locations, trying to figure out what was going on, getting radio messages from other groups, finding the lab.

I feel like the characters need to be working towards something - a safe haven, a cure, anything.  Something to focus the drama.  I am into the characters which is what keeps me watching, but being stuck in the house in the second series, and now being stuck in the prison, its just too stagnant.

Shewolf

They should have never cut budget on it and fired writer Frank Darabont.
It all went a bit downhill from then on.
Still, I keep watching  ;)
#postapocalypsejunkie  ;D

GentleMstr

I was under the impression that the last two seasons had a larger budget than the second, and is why there was some additional conflicts and the such. This season has been a bit ok, but could be better.
Remember you hold the key to her happiness or her misery. Tread lightly with her heart.

Ok with random PMs

Shewolf

They had cut the budget for Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead and gave the Lions share to Mad Men, eventhough they did not have the highest ratings.
The Walking Dead did, but seeing that it was their first season, they bet on the "reliable" horse.

They also wanted more episodes produced, with less money and fired Frank Darabont.
Maybe they knew he wouldn't do what they wanted.
Well, the result has been evident, better budget or not: it has never gone back to as good as it was in the first six episodes. (Or so I think)