Keeping it In Character (Seduction in LARPing...)

Started by DreadD, June 27, 2009, 10:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadD

As a free warning, my real desire would be to play the female, as well as run the rest of the world, in this and have someone else fill in the male.  I'm willing to entertain the idea of doing things the other way, that that is still my preference.

It all started out rather innocently.  A bunch of his friends had been doing Live Action Role Playing for a while, and he had always thought it was silly, thought it sounded pretty goofy on the by and large, but they convinced him to watch a game once, and he had to admit, it was more impressive than he thought.  His friends were pretty good actors, and there was something to the LARP that was just...  Better, to him, than normal roleplaying was some days, and so he started getting involved.

This proved to be a little awkward, in part because he was not as into it as the others, had trouble getting his character down, trouble staying in character, and in part because, well...  He had a girlfriend who was not as in to the roleplaying scene as he was.  In fact she found it all very strange, and tended to accept that he was interested in Dungeons and Dragons and the like, but was the sort to mock LARPers and similar more...  Extroverted forms of RPing, so he had to keep the new hobby something of a secret from someone he was used to sharing a good portion of his life with, which served to make him feel awkward, and her jokes somehow felt less good natured than they had when she was making fun of someone else.  Still, he cared for her...  Which was starting to become another problem.

One of the other LARPers had started hitting on him, not outside the game, but within it.  Her character was apparently the sort who liked to take advantage of looks to get her way, but in the game her whiles, her come ons feel very real, and in character, and out of it, he can't help but respond to the attractive woman coming on to him.

And it gets hard to tell if it is just in the game for her, if the game is really all it is...  And exactly how far she intends to pursue things in the game, and if that's all it'll be kept to.

Details, as usual, can be worked out over PM, interest can be expressed here or via PM

Silkcat

Interesting and that line is one that gets oh so fuzzy, isn't it?

Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Doomsday

I posted in your other thread but I like this idea as well. You still need a male role?