DUNGEON CRAWL MAFIA interest check! (PLEASE STOP POSTING HERE)

Started by RedPhoenix, January 23, 2016, 04:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Hi everyone! This is an interest check for games of MAFIA!

What is Mafia you ask? Well very simply Mafia is a game where an uninformed majority (the town) try to figure out who the informed minority (the scum, or mafia) are and eliminate them by voting to remove them from the game (lynching).

In the very basic setup, everyone votes on who to eliminate during the "day" phase of the game, and the mafia kill someone during the "night" phase of the game. The town wins the game when all of the threats to the town are eliminated, and the scum win the game when they have control of the vote. The town operates from mostly a lack of information at first, and must try to figure out who is lying, who is manipulating things, and who is indeed their friend to eliminate the scum.

Because of this, the game requires active communication to work. Please do not sign up if you don't believe you can post daily. Inactive players will be officially poked and then mod-killed if they don't become active.

I have several setups that will complicate these basic principles greatly, using unique roles and powers. There will be no use of PMs permitted (except for the scum team, and if your role says so otherwise).

Dungeon Crawl!

This is a setup for 9-13 players. The theme is that the players are a group of adventurers who have been hired to join together and explore an abandoned mine. In the midst of their dungeon crawl they start to suspect that not everyone is in fact one of the good guys, and they must decide whether to press on into the dungeon (becoming more powerful in their roles as they gain xp, but also risking the scum becoming stronger) or stay put and root out the bad guys before they go on.

Any questions please do ask! :)

Final List:

1) Mintprincess (also #1 in my heart)
2) persephone325 (because we wish there were two of her!)
3) Seranova (The Magic Number
4) Yugi (We would do anything 4 yugi!)
5) Remiel (Five goooolden Remiels!)
6) Verasaille (the sixiest lady there is!)
7) James Moriarty (lucky number moriarty!)
8) Strangefate (umm...I can't think of anything for eight :( )
9) Madame Professor (ummm 9 is ah uhmm...dammit I got nothin)
10) Derwaysh (perfect 10!)
11) ThatRPGuy (RPGuy's Eleven!)
12) King Serperior (Dirty Dozen Serpy!)
13) Blythe (Lucky Thirteen!)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Mintprincess

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

Seranova

A game where I get to be shifty and crafty? I guess I can try, but it's so out of my norm... ::)
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

yugi006

Anesa

yugi006

RedPhoenix

Oooh good that's...

Red counts and holds up five fingers

This many!!!

Hopefully we'll get 8 more people! :)

Remiel

Sounds like an interesting premise.  Time to release my Halfling Barbarian.

Mintprincess

You know you just want to barbarian with me, Remy!

Remiel

Just imagine Verne Troyer wearing nothing but a studded leather loincloth, his face painted in woad, wielding a battleaxe and shouting, "Erin Go Bragh!" at the top of his wee little voice.

Verasaille

Oh!! does that mean we can have a character in a D&D setting? Count me in!!!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Yes, the "roles" are basically a race/class combination inspired by D&D. :)

James Moriarty

OK, officially committing to daily posting!  Here goes nothing.  I'm interested!

Mintprincess

We are at eight! Just need at least one more right ?

RedPhoenix

There are three versions I could run, one with 9 players, one with 12, one with 13. I would kind of like to run the one with 13 so I think once we hit nine I'll wait a few days to see if we fill up, otherwise yeah, we can run with 9!

Strangefate

Hmm, maybe, I might, I dunno.  I feel like I'm committing to too many of these games but then I'm not doing much else on E lately so I suppose it works out.  I also realize this is the equivalent of me talking to myself.  :P

But, yea, I think I'll give it a try!
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Anesa

Sorry ladies and gents, but I'll be withdrawing my interest.  :-( (hubby still sick, possibly going back in the hospital)

Good luck and have fun! (I know you will!)  :-)

Madame Professor

I'm tossing my hat into the ring. My interest has been fully piqued!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Derwaysh

I have been having waaaay too much fun with the other LCS games, so if you'll have me, space permitting, I would love to be considered too. ;D
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Galactic Druid

Whoops, really should take a peek outside my bookmarked threads once in a while. I'm in, and I'll go ahead and sticky this while you're recruiting.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

I'm counting 11.  Two more right? Come on people!!!

RedPhoenix

Ooooh a fancy sticky thread!

Let's count...

1) Mintprincess (also #1 in my heart)
2) persephone325 (because we wish there were two of her!)
3) Seranova (The Magic Number
4) Yugi (We would do anything 4 yugi!)
5) Remiel (Five goooolden Remiels!)
6) Verasaille (the sixiest lady there is!)
7) James Moriarty (lucky number moriarty!)
8) Strangefate (umm...I can't think of anything for eight :( )
9) Madame Professor (ummm 9 is ah uhmm...dammit I got nothin)
10) Derwaysh (perfect 10!)
11) ThatRPGuy (this starts getting harder around here...)

Anesa expressed interest (because she loves us) and then withdrew it (because she hates us! :'( ).

I think Vera expressed interest so I'm listing her, but she may have just been asking a question!

Galactic Druid

Man, everyone else gets something nice, and I get "Great, this arsehole just made things difficult."
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!