The invisible world in the grass (Recruitment) (Need Spider King)

Started by LamentingQuill, July 23, 2013, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LamentingQuill

Character list (Approved only)

OOC thread

Campground (Humans only)

Forest: Butterfly Kingdom and Spider Kingdom

Six human beings will find themselves magically shrunk down to the size of a bee when they bring about the wrath of a vengeful gypsy with cruel practical jokes. Preferably three girls and three guys to even things out.

What they find will change their lives forever...

What we see as bees, butterflies, ants, spiders, etc, are not what they appear to me and their visage to the human eye is just a glamour to hide the truth. That insects truly look like tiny people with details on them that they play off of when projecting to the humans what they want them to see.

The insect world is divided between two rulers, the kind and benevolent butterfly queen and the wicked spider king whom secretly covets her. The humans will encounter the adventure of their lives as they get caught in the middle of a war between the two kingdoms, their ethics will be tested and they will make their choice as to whom they will give their loyalty.

Whomever plays the Spider King would have to work closely with me and preferably have some sort of messenger to be able to coordinate, you could call the Spider King's player my right hand in this rp. We want to make this fun for the players :)

Romantic Liasions are more than allowed.

Butterfly Queen Seraphina- LamentingQuill

Spider King -

Human 1- Claimed by Yugishogun

Human 2 & 3- Claimed by Julles

Human 4- Claimed by Strifesblaze7

Human 5- Laughing Hyena

Other than the five humans, people may apply to be an insect of this new magical world, there is no limit to how many can apply. I have a profile template for those whom wish to apply.  There is no limit to how many insect characters you may have, go crazy.

Here are the races and the kingdom they belong to.

Butterfly kingdom

Bubble Bees-
Honey Bees-

Bubble and Honey bees tend to have sunshine blonde hair and thin black stripes going horozantally across their bodies. Their eyes are an orangey gold and upon their backs are the customary bee wings we are familiar with.

They can defensively shoot stringers from their mouths, but very seriously refrain from doing so as they are by nature peaceful creatures. Releasing a stinger does NOT result in death, that is a story adult bees tell their young to prevent them from being overzealous with their stingers.

They are very friendly, if not sometimes bubbly, and would never harm a single hair upon your head unless you start something first, then you best watch out.

Butterflies-

Basically, picture an elf baring any type of butterfly wings you desire on their back and black antennas sprouting from the top of their head.

Praying mantis- I have a picture example I found in Deviantart by the talented Namida3970: http://th09.deviantart.net/fs14/PRE/i/2007/050/d/5/Mantis_Demon_Design_by_Namida3970.jpg  (I Imagine the males wouldn't look too terribly different)

Praying mantis are the lore keepers or storytellers of the butterfly kingdom, they are wise and practical.

Lady Bug- I have a picture example from Deviantart by the talented Ztarsi: http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/023/e/e/ladybug_warrior_by_ztarsi-d4ndunf.jpg

Lady bugs are noble and elegant soldiers fiercely loyal to the butterfly queen.

Black ant- I have an example from Deviantart by the talented Anguarius: http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/f/2011/132/2/d/ant___antsy_by_anguarius-d3g6r27.jpg

House fly-
House flies would have the generic fly eyes and they would have the customary house fly wings on their back, otherwise everything else looks fairly humanoid.

Dragon fly- Like flies, Dragons flies would have the generic dragon fly eyes, customary dragon fly wings on their back and black antennaes protuding from the top of their head, having an otherwise humanoid appearance.

Grasshopper-

I'm a little uncertain what to do with Grasshoppers, but I figure their skin would be slightly green in color, green antennaes protruding from atop their heads and they have to ability to jump great heights and distances of several feet.

Foot soldiers of the butterfly queen.

Cricket-

Same with Grasshoppers except their skin would be a bit brown in hue like a crickets coloring.

Also foot soldiers of the butterfly queen.

Spider kingdom

Spiders- Spiders would have grey skin, the customary several eyes and fangs into the mouths that produce a paralyzing venom used to immobilize their prey to be devoured later. They can also spit webbing from their mouths to either used to cocoon their prey or to used in everyday life for utility or art.

Spiders had eight foldable legs on their backs which will unfold when they have need of them to climb up surfaces with no footholds.

Black hair is the norm and anything else is often very rare.

Fire ants- Fire ants would traditionally have flame red hair and from beneath their nose to their chin is the traditional mouth of an ant of a reddish brown hue.
See ants picture example- the differences would be a red hue to their skin and their bite would leave a severally painful burning sensation.

The Spider king's foot soldiers.

Hornets- Have a picture example by the talented Lalilulelo2003: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs10/i/2006/100/e/3/Vetis_by_Lalilulelo2003.jpg
Very aggressive, the spider king's generals. Like bees, can shoot stingers from their mouths.

Yellow Jackets- Same as Hornets, but less aggressive. Can shoot stingers rom their mouths, see Hornet picture example.

Wasps- Same as Hornets, see picture example. Can shoot stingers from their mouths, their stingers have a maddeningly painful stinging sensation that lasts many hours.

Beetles- Beetles look fairly humanoid with a brown or sapphire blue beetle shell armor. Bodyguards of the spider king.

Mosquittos- These will have the customary wings normally seen, but instead of needle on their face, they will have something akin to vampire fangs in their mouths. Their skin should have a darker hue like black or grey.

Spies of the spider king.

Music is life

Music is life

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 23, 2013, 12:13:53 AM
Interested?
A bit, it's an interesting concept. ^^ Well I'll join in if it will help attract people.

doodasaurus

I think this is a fascinating concept and I'm all for it.  But I love me some spiders and ants!  ;D

LamentingQuill

Quote from: doodasaurus on July 23, 2013, 12:18:11 AM
I think this is a fascinating concept and I'm all for it.  But I love me some spiders and ants!  ;D

I have some threads that still need to go up, but would like the profile template for the OC characters belonging to the insect world?

Music is life

doodasaurus

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 23, 2013, 12:26:15 AM
I have some threads that still need to go up, but would like the profile template for the OC characters belonging to the insect world?

Absolutely!

Yukina

LamentingQuill

Quote from: doodasaurus on July 23, 2013, 12:28:40 AM
Absolutely!

Believe it or not, this was born from a dream I had the other night, I woke up and instantly had to jot everything down.

Music is life

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 23, 2013, 12:43:26 AM
Believe it or not, this was born from a dream I had the other night, I woke up and instantly had to jot everything down.

I wish I could do that. My dreams never make any damn sense. xD

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 23, 2013, 12:43:13 AM
I'm interested.

Were you interested in one of the humans, the spider king or a resident of the invisible world?

Yukina

One of the humans. I would be interested in playing one of the females.

Music is life

LamentingQuill

Once I have the humans profile template arranged, I will PM to the people it concerns.

Music is life

Quote from: LamentingQuill on July 23, 2013, 12:54:28 AM
Once I have the humans profile template arranged, I will PM to the people it concerns.
Okie dokie. ^^ I hope that we have a good time rping together.

LamentingQuill

I forgot, those controlling  citizens of the invisible world may have as many characters as they think they can handle.

TheRaven

...You know, despite my own crippling arachnophobia, I'm kind of tempted to see about playing the Spider King.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: TheRaven on July 23, 2013, 01:07:03 AM
...You know, despite my own crippling arachnophobia, I'm kind of tempted to see about playing the Spider King.

Don't feel bad, I am terrified of them too.

RainyHigh

Very interested in playing a mosquito! Inspired by this pic:
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

LamentingQuill

Quote from: RainyHigh on July 23, 2013, 01:15:24 AM
Very interested in playing a mosquito! Inspired by this pic:

A recon spy of the spider king, nice ;)

The profile template for OC insects is below

Name:

Race chosen:

Aristocrat or commoner:

Personality:

Interests:

Ons-

Sexual:

Non-sexual:

Offs-

Sexual:

Non-sexual:

Status- Married or Unmarried:

Interesting tid bits about your character:

Yukina

I'm sad to say that I'm dropping out. When I look at the other players' rp posts, I feel I am very "under-caliber" compared to them.

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Yugishogun on July 23, 2013, 01:17:46 AM
I'm sad to say that I'm dropping out. When I look at the other players' rp posts, I feel I am very "under-caliber" compared to them.

That's too bad. You don't have to worry about being the same ranks as others, no one would judge you. You sure you want to drop?

Yukina

LamentingQuill