Dresden Files [An Interest Check]

Started by hall, April 11, 2014, 06:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Oh - where in the story timeline do we want to set the game? That'll have a small effect on potential characters.
Post-Book 10 Spoilahz

No half-Red Court vampires, for instance

hall

If we say at some point pre-Changes for now, if the RP is successful we might be able to continue it into the post-Changes 'verse.
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but it's always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Requests Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144465.msg6507599#msg6507599

Kadigan

I've got a basic idea for a character so far..so, in.

Rajah

All we need now are official character sheets and maybe some ideas as to what style of game the ST would like to run.  :-)
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

hall

Okay, so here's the character sheet as I'd like to do it, basically ripping off the FATE RPG without using their game mechanics. For anyone familiar with it, I'm thinking the RP will be 'chest-deep' - medium-to-high level characters like wizards and White Court vampires. I'm anticipating that the style is going to be that of the books: characters get thrown in the deep end of a mystery that quickly escalates and ends up in a big throw-down.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Name:
Higher Concept (Pick a short phrase that sums up your character):
Aspects (A few short phrases defining the main troubles and motivations of your character):
Background (Where did your character come from and where are they going?):
Description (A physical description, and a note of any major abilities):
Personality (What is your character like?):

And here's a demonstration character sheet to try and explain it a little:

Character Name: Thomas Raith
Higher Concept: Fallen Prince of the White Court
Aspects: There's a Monster Within Me, Can't Hold Down a Job, Star-Crossed Lovers, My Secret Brother's in the White Council, True Love In My Family's Hands, My Sister's Footing the Bill
Background: Born high up into the Raith family, son of Margaret LeFay and Lord Raith, Thomas was soon drawn into the political intrigue of the White Court. Thomas lived with his half-brother, Harry Dresden, for a time in an effort to distance himself from his family and regain some of his humanity. His lover, Justine, is currently being employed by his sister, the de facto rule of the White Court. These days Thomas has a much better control of his darker side, thanks to the efforts of Justine, and usually works for his sister, although he always makes time to help his brother.
Description: As a White Court vampire, Thomas is a dark haired, alabaster-skinned sex god. His vampirism also means that he has super speed, agility and endurance, which can be replenished through feeding on humans.
Personality: His brother would describe him as a snarky asshole, which is probably about right. He also cares deeply about his family (Justine and Harry), less deeply about his friends, and loathes his fellow members of the White Court.

I'll get to work on a couple of city concepts that I should be able to get up either today or tomorrow.
I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but it's always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Requests Thread - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144465.msg6507599#msg6507599

Rajah

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on April 16, 2014, 11:56:44 PMBy "Chest Deep* Hall means Out of the Box Wizards and Vanilla Vampires

By "vanilla vampires", this includes White Court Vampires and Red Court Infected, as well as possibly Jade or other colors. Also possible within the setting are faerie-descendants of all stripes, as well as the mortal Knights of the Summer and Winter Courts - or Autumn, or Spring. Or slaves to a dragon, imbued with its fire. Or tinkers and toymakers who've discovered a way to bring their creations to life through careful sacrifice of gems and a little blood. Or at-will werewolves, or people possessed by wolf-spirits, or people using demon-granted tokens to become monstrous wolves. Or bearers of one of thirty blackened coins sealing away fallen angels. Or the children of a notorious djinn, or the thrice-blessed lover of the last sphinx, or a perfectly human martial artist whose tradition carries within its sutras a secret that must be kept from Hell at all costs, or a short-order cook whose sister was nominated queen of some hoary lost kingdom and now she's got to balance helping her sister manage empire and keeping her job and her boyfriend, or a lawyer for faeries, or an artist given care of the egg of the Ziz.

It's a big setting, and just about anything that fits under "urban fantasy" has some representation, so if anyone's wondering "can I play..." it's probably not the weirdest concept that's actually in the books. "Chest Deep", specifically, is a reference to a power tier structure based on how "deep" you are in the supernatural. In the metaphor, you're someone who's skilled or intelligent or powerful or charismatic enough to bend most of the rules that govern the mortal world; you're a little beyond the reach of most things. If it came down to it, you're more competent or dangerous in what you do than maybe ten or fifteen people working together, but not more than twenty or thirty. If your thing is raw magical firepower you could level a building, but not a city block. If your thing is sex appeal you could seduce a faerie noble, a powerful supernatural being enmeshed in the mortal world, but maybe not an angel, who exists on a level outside the mortal sphere entirely. If you're a thinker, you could hack a supercomputer or solve an ancient Sumerian riddle, but it'd take you more than a casual glance. If you're a burglar, you could sneak through the Smithsonian or a hunting lycanthrope, but you couldn't hide yourself from a Sidhe to whom you'd broken an oath.

For myself, I'm working on an Outsider-touched sorcerer, someone whose whole lineage has been marked and storied by whether his ancestors chose to fight their taint or embrace it. He's undecided, and in the meantime specializes in water magic, some skill with earth, and the terrifying power to physically manifest his corruption in an amphibious, carnivorous, and not even vaguely bipedal form it's getting harder and harder not to rely on whenever he has a problem with some magical thugs, or a barbed wire fence, or he forgot his apartment key, or the neighbor's dog just won't shut up.

TheGlyphstone

I feel like there's a missing post that should be above me...

anyways, let's give this a roll:

Character Name: Kenneth O'Hannagan
High Concept: Reluctant Draconic Pawn
Aspects: Shadow Of A Dragon, Where The Fire Is Hottest, All That Glitters, Last Man Standing
Background: Always the boisterous, adventurous sort who couldn't resist a challenge, Kenneth finally got in over his head on a solo mountain climbing trip in the Swiss Alps. He found a cave in a hillside and decided to go exploring - a cave that turned out to be the lair of the great dragon Mortifax, long asleep and only recently awakened. Rather than obliterate the intruder, however, the dragon offered him a bargain - his life for service, returning to the world as Mortifax's agent. Obviously, he accepted, though there are often moments when he considers that fiery annihilation might have been a better choice. The dragon rarely sends him orders, but when it does, Kenneth always finds himself embroiled in something he doesn't understand and seems likely to get him killed. And even when his master is silent, he just can't resist the urge to stick his nose into potentially dangerous situations - or to collect shiny trophies magpie-style from the cooling wreckage.
Description: The blessing of Mortifax imbued Kenneth with a tiny fraction of the elder dragon's power. He can breath fire and shrugs off the hottest flames (though he still needs to breathe, and the protection doesn't extend past his skin), along with extremely sharp senses and a level of strength/endurance not quite inhuman, but definitely above what a man of his height and build would possess.
Personality: Essentially good-hearted, but compulsively curious and often too stubborn for his own good.

Roxy Rocket

scrapped

ElvenKitten

Character sheet! Also I think initially there may be some tension between Alana and Sarah, which will make things more fun.  :D
Character Name: Alana Walker (real last name unknown)
Higher Concept: Mercenary Sorceress
Aspects: Red in her ledger, Trust Issues, Her sisters protector, Wizard hunter, dark path averted, hunted.
Background: After the mysterious deaths of her parents Alana and her little sister were adopted by a family friend. He trained Alana as a sorceress and how to fight with various mundane weapons. One day during training they were attacked by a Warden of the White councel and her adopted father was killed in front of her. Though her training was incomplete she managed to bind the Wardens magic and severly injure him before he escaped.

Blinded by a thirst for vengeance she began taking contract from the red court to kill Wardens until realised that the Red's were even worse. She broke all ties with the reds and started helping people with her abilities to hopefully clean the dark stain from her soul.
Description: Alana is around 5'5 with dark red hair and blue eyes, retty in the girl next door sort of way and usually dresses in tomboyish clothing when not in her combat clothing (black tactical gear). She it trained in Thaumaturgy and air based evocation. She is able to use the sight though she tries not to. She is trained in hand to hand combat, an expert shot with a bow and skilled in the use of firearms though rarely uses them. She has a police baton the acts as the foci for her air magic.
Personality: Her few friends would call her quiet and brooding though in the heat of battle she tends to wisecrack a lot (possibly a coping mechanism) Around her sister she is more cheerful and seems truly happy and will hunt down anyone who hurts her.

Kadigan

Character sheet, eeeep

Character Name: N'emea
Higher Concept (Pick a short phrase that sums up your character): Swashbuckling descendant of a certain boot wearing feline.
Aspects (A few short phrases defining the main troubles and motivations of your character):  A predator's heart, Glory Hound, Slave to Nature, Slightly out of time, Illegal (What's that?), A Parent’s Wrath.
Background (Where did your character come from and where are they going?):  As many of the fae folk know, several of the stories and adventures from modern day children's stories are based on ancient lore, which are based on even more ancient truth’s. N'emea descends from one such story, a race of cat like creatures which evolved to near human looks, though keeping many of their feline sensibilities. She was raised from birth on stories of grandfathers daring do's, the slaying of monsters, the tricking of kings, and the wooing of ladies and longed for many of the same adventures herself.
Her grandfather, still an able man and not without his mischievous side, trained her in secret from the more "noble" aspects that her parents wished to raise her in, teaching her the art of the sword, the thrill of life, and the honor in combat. Though the Nevernever possessed its own monsters to vanquish, she sought a different world, to make a name for herself, if not one larger, where her grandfather did. And so, she absconded to the mortal realm to make her own path.
Description (A physical description, and a note of any major abilities): Descended from a race of "feline sapiens" she looks for the most part, human. Her ears have a slight point to them; her canines are longer then average, as are her fingernails, almost to the point of claws. She has an extraordinary sense of smell, and possesses speed and agility a much as, if not higher, then any Olympic level gymnast, though she remains no stronger then the average person. Her pupils are slits, rather then circles. She possesses a rapier, forged in the finest ways of old. She dresses just slightly behind the curve, having lacked an education of many things modern.
Personality (What is your character like?):  She possesses an old world flair, as if she just escaped an Errol Flynn movie, though she can be a bit flighty, almost disconnected to real problems. Sometimes she possesses a deadly seriousness, other times appearing bored with matters of grave importance. She believes in what she believes to be right and just and herself to be on the side of such matters.

TheGlyphstone

So far we have a minor-talent witch, a warlock's apprentice, a draconic emmissary, and....what looks like a minor Summer or Wildfae?

hall

The way I was sold was that N'emea was inspired by the Gruffs - the power scale of which varies greatly. As long as she isn't too overpowered, I don't see a real problem. Other than that, it looks like we're pretty much set to go. I'll finish my write-up of the setting I'm considering, which is a supernatural Seattle, by the end of the day. I'm away over the weekend, but when I get back I'll put up an OOC and IC thread and we can get started.

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, that makes sense. She might be a Summer-oriented Wildfae more than an outright Summer Sidhe, but that works. Should probably have an Aspect related to The Bane of Iron, though, being a Nevernever native and all. :D Doesn't stop her from having a sword, it's just made out of some weird faerie metal instead of mortal iron/steel.

TheGlyphstone

If it's anything like the gruffs, it's like being touched with radioactive white-hot pokers.  Even Queen Mab hates and fears the touch of iron, it seems to be as much a psychological aversion to the stuff as it is a physical allergy. I'm just saying that iron is an important part of getting the full experience from playing a Dresden Files faerie, like their weird mania with bargains and telling inexact truths (which seems right up her 'trickster' alley anyways).

hall

Okay, here's the campaign specs:

City Name: Seattle
Campaign Name: Rain City

Themes and Threats

Theme: It's called Rain City for a reason - in Seattle, it's a pretty good bet that there's a drizzle coming down. It's a suppressive atmosphere for magicians, the supernatural, and the mundanes alike. It has no real effect on the use of magic, it's not strong enough, but it's certainly enough to get you down. The rain picks up when something heavy's going down and lessens when things are settled. No one's really sure if it's supernatural or not, and if they are, they're not letting on.
Aspect: Here Comes The Rain

Theme: The local balance of power been stuck in place for years, with the major players unable to expand their influence and unwilling to give up what they already have. This is the way things have been for decades and those in charge want it to stay that way.
Aspect: Stalemate
The Faces: Lucrezia Raith (White Court Sex Trafficker), Alejandro Delgado (Red Court City Councillor), Ysabelle (Duchess of Winter, Proprietor of the Grand Slam), Kailen (Duke of Summer, Protector of the Forest)

Theme: Whilst conflict between the factions is generally discouraged, internal strife and minor border clashes are quite common. Favourite lieutenants and catspaws are the name of the game in Seattle.
Aspect: Fraying Around The Edges
The Faces: The Passing Stranger (Phantom Enforcer of the Red Court), Quentin Blake (Mercenary Spellcaster), Ahote Washington (Shapechanger Without A Cause), Quillon (Lord of the Wyldfae Trolls)

Threat: Rising ambition from the lower ranks is putting added pressure on the delicate situation at play in Seattle. Friendly overtures have been made by the leaders of the vampire courts but both know it's only a matter of time before something tips the knife edge...
Aspect: Something's Gotta Give
The Faces: Karim Raith (Lesser Cousin of the House), Francisca Diez (Junior Red Court Priestess)

Locations

2600 Evergreen Point Road, Medina
Description: Home of the only member of the White Council in Seattle, Feng Chau Zhou, 2600 Evergreen is a grand old lodge built for a magical recluse. Although technically a Warden, Zhou hasn't seen active service in nigh on half a century and has almost been dropped off the books, holding the obscure post of 'Watchman of the Eastern Gate'. Considering that Seattle is in the North-West, this isn't much of a title. Needless to say, he doesn't have much of an effect on Seattle's supernatural politics. The lodge is hidden from view by a screen of greenery and some very subtle warding. No one who's seen the inside has anything to say about it.
Theme: The person lives here really doesn't want anyone to see him unless they're delivering food.
Aspect: Hidden From View
Face: Feng Chau Zhou (White Council Warden, Watchman of the Eastern Gate)

The Aurora Bridge
Description: One of the strongest Wyldfae bastions accessable through the mortal world, the Troll Fortress under the Aurora bridge presents one of the few truly neutral Fae conglomerations. Although originally owned and occupied by a clan of trolls, the Aurora Fortress is now home to a large number of neutral Wyldfae of all breeds.
Theme: A big, bad, hulking band of Neutral Muscle.
Aspect: This Is My Land. Even If It Is Under A Bridge
Face: Qullion (Lord of the Wyldfae Trolls)

Cassidy's Curios
Description: The bastard child of a rare book shop and an Arabian bazaar, Cassidy's Curios is the one stop shop for every item of supernatural tat that you need. It may take a week or so and phoning up his contacts in Chicago and Dallas, but Cassidy can get you what you want. The only problem is that he charges double for the convenience.
Theme: If you need something in supernatural Seattle, this is where you go.
Aspect: We Go What You Need!
Face: Cassidy (Unshaven, Implacable Shopkeeper)

Daybreak Star Cultural Centre
Description: Native American culture has had a strong influence on Seattle, which is actually named after an American chief. In the 70s the Daybreak Star Cultural Centre was created as a location for Native Americans in the Seattle area after a period of activism from Bernie Whitebear. Preserving the culture of the Washington Native Americans has included, off the records, keeping the bond of spiritualism between magic and nature. The result of this is that the current shaman of the Centre, Nakamo Thomas, has trained a small group of youths in the art of shapeshifting and keeping the peace. The Cultural Centre is an area of Seattle that is completely free of influence from any of the Courts of supernatural predators.
Theme: Defending the existence of the Duwamish tribe through any means necessary.
Aspect: We Have A Were-Bear
Face: Nakamo Thomas (Last Shaman of the Duwamish), Ahote Washington (Shapechanger Without A Cause)

The Fisher King
Description: Once a gentleman's club that ran into some very unfortunate circumstances involving arsenic, the Fisher King is now Accorded Neutral Ground and treats itself as such. A restaurant for fine dining, a bar for your thirst, and a conference room in the back, the Fisher King takes itself very seriously. The service is top notch, if a little disconcerting for the first timers, since your drinks and meals are likely to appear instantly before you and refill themselves on a whim.
Theme: The Accords are serious business and they should be properly respected.
Aspect: Fancy Phantom Waiters
Face: Faceless

The Grand Slam
Description: The hottest bar/club combo on the Seattle scene, the Grand Slam is the only place to be on a Saturday night if you're below a certain age or have a little cash to fling. The fact that the back rooms are off limits to anyone who doesn't have business there (which will be hard if you haven't got an appointment with the local Winter Court bodies) but the club's so fun almost no-one notices.
Theme: Everybody who is anybody will soon walk through that door!
Aspect: Dance The Night Away.
Face: Kai (Endebted Barman Masquerading As Club Owner)

Mt. Pilchuck State Forest
Description: One of the most beautiful state forests in the country the forestry around Seattle is full of Summer Fae. Whilst their numbers dwindled during the years of logging, there has always been a strongly entrenched Summer presence in the forest. Kailen, Duke of Summer, is responsible for the maintenance of the area and the large numbers of dryads occupying the labyrinthine depths of the Washington area. The logging companies have twisted Kailen into a strong resentment of outsiders.
Theme: Walking through the woods alone is a bad idea unless you've been invited.
Aspect: Something Is Watching You
Kailen (Duke of Summer, Protector of the Forest)

Mt. St Helens
Description: Like most active volcanoes, St. Helens is a focal point of a number of strong leyline. The White Court doesn't know a lot about what happened in 1980, but they know that the eruption wasn't completely natural - something happened there to set it off. There are some theories that something might be buried beneath it, or that it's some kind of vault for the supernatural. Whatever it is, the leylines are strong enough to have an impact as far away as Seattle. It may be a hundred miles south of Seattle, but the supernatural shadow of the mountain looms large over the city.
Theme: One of the biggest sites of power in the North-West.
Aspect: Not Dead, Only Sleeping

Seattle City Hall
Description: This unassuming, rather ugly little building in the centre of Seattle is home to the City Council. Importantly, it is also the home of Alejandro Delgado, City Councillor and ruler of the Red Court presence in the city. One of the few joys about living life in a skin suit is the ability to change one's face every few decades, a fact that Delgado has taken advantage of for a number of years. The other Red Court offices in the city remain in the government, exercising control mainly through mortal agencies. The mix has been thrown slightly off by the recent addition of Francesca Diez, a young priestess high in favour with the Red King, sent from South America to encourage further results from Seattle.
Theme: Corruption is starting to seep into Seattle right from the top.
Aspect: Seattle's Silent Throne
Face: Alejandro Delgado (Red Court City Councillor)

The Wet Spot (CSPC)
Description: A recreational club focusing on providing entertainment for 'sex-positive' culture including BDSM, swinging, and polyamory. Needless to say this is the usual hangout of the local White Court hierarchy, although the actual centre is owned by a junior member. The actual White Court operations in Seattle (mainly prostitution and sex trafficking) are conducted elsewhere.
Theme: This is where the White Court get their jollies - think twice before you ring the doorbell.
Aspect: Come Into My Lair
Face: Lucrezia Raith (White Court Sex Trafficker)

The Winter Court
Description: Seattle's Winter Court is hosted in the back of the Grand Slam, heart of Seattle's nightlife. Rather than the manic club music of the outer dance floor, Ysabelle (current ruler of the court) prefers the more sedate, casual charm of the speak-easy. Walking into the Court is like entering a gangster film chipped out of ice.
Theme: The Winter Court has power here - why do you think that it's always raining?
Aspect: The Heart of Winter (In Seattle)
Face: Ysabelle (Duchess of Winter, Proprietor of the Grand Slam)

Any thoughts or additions, please let me know!

Rajah

Jacobian "Just Jake" Merigold
High Concept: Paladin of Humanity
Aspects: Knighthood's Legacy, Artist in Stone and Steel, Vengeance and Community Service, Berserker in Shining Armor
Background: Jake's parents aren't quite Wardens - they just never had much knack with battle magic - but they're Council-friendly and always ready to offer aid as needed. His grandparents on both sides included Wardens, and his ancestors before them. Apparently he's descended from Gawain on his father's side. It's always been very clear what he's expected to do with his life. It's not that he resents them for that; he loves his parents.

He just holds the opinion a lifetime of political and martial service to the White Council of Wizards is a heavy enough burden to lay on a guy's destiny, and he could have done without them adding being named "Jacobian" on top of it.

Jake's not complicated, or at least he tries his best not to be. He's spent most of his life training and building connections in the community, honing the virtues of compassion and fortitude, doing his best to take the role he's meant to take. He never had a rebellious teenager phase. He's that kind of guy. If there's any stumbling blocks on his road to heroism - that's how he thinks of it, and you can maybe start to see the problem right there - it's that his zeal sometimes gets quite away from him. And it's only gotten worse since he was appointed deputy Warden last summer (not actually by Zhou, it's worth noting; in fact the move was a deliberate prod by the Council at the older Warden); he's starting to get used to the taste of power, and his awe at the world he walks in is swift being replaced by a dangerously callous arrogance. He thinks of himself as an advocate for the people, and he is; a vampire bumps off a babysitter Tuesday and by the end of the week she and her three blood-sisters are four puddles of blood and black slime. Except maybe not all four of them were equally guilty. And maybe he knew that. And maybe he just didn't care. No more babysitters die, that's what matters, and if his actions have consequences, well, he's happy to escalate. He'll do it with a grin, and if that grin's not all the way sane...it's just not an age for turning away help.

He's a good guy, right down to his bones. He just doesn't have the mental brakes most people do. And that's just about the scariest kind of person there is.

Description: Jake is tough, relentlessly physical - far enough a cry from the wizard in tower that you wouldn't be able to hear it from the window. He dresses light and casual, not that that's really meaningful for him; he's a specialist in earth magic, a materialist and summoner, and he can be fully armed and armored in the time it takes to start a car. Arranging a T-shirt and jeans into a three-piece suit is harder...but only by a degree or two of complexity. His dark gray eyes and light blond hair, along with his musculature, make him popular in the social circles he frequents - although his politics tend to mitigate that. His enchanted items include a red amber amulet that calls out of nowhere his favorite weapon, a ridiculous-looking axe that would be impossible to wield without the layers of killing sorcery soaked in and bound by runes carved into the inside of the blade, and a pair of motorcycle keys that can assemble a motorcycle from vaguely-appropriate raw material in just under a minute - but enchanting's something he's good at, and he tends to keep a rotating stock of gear and consumables close at hand. He also carries a heavy revolver, scrupulously untouched by magic (in fact, its holster is enchanted to ward off magical energy in general) for those times when the First Law needs to be skirted.

Rajah

Went in a different direction. I can go back if needed but I thought this might work out better?

hall

Looks good to me! Like Roxy noted, it might be nice to have a mortal, but if everyone's happy with their characters then we can definitely work with it.

TheGlyphstone

A deputy Warden and a semi-professional Warden-hunting assassin? Man, this game is going to be interesting, and possibly very short-lived. ;D

hall

I've read the RPG book through a couple of times but I've never run/played it. Can't say that I'm entirely sure how the Fate system works other than the compelling of aspects and awarding of Fate points! As for the actual series, I've read them all through through a couple of times.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Roxy Rocket on April 18, 2014, 01:41:59 PM

Glyph - Re: Faerie-isms... Yup, not disagreeing I was just saying it's something you can play with cause I wasn't sure how "faer" the swashbuckling catgirl was.

Well, the Nevernever's denizens usually get grouped into either Faeries, Spirits, or Demons (which are distinct and different from the residents of Hell). Granted, it's supposed to be an intensely weird place where almost anything can exist somewhere, but the further away from the mortal world and weirder you get, the less relatable you'd be...a catgirl is still 'humanish' enough that it'd have to be from the close regions. Especially since she's a cat-analogue of the Gruffs (which is cool), that would probably make her a Wyldfae. Best option since only the iron allergy is anything like 'mandatory', it's only the outright Court Sidhe who have to deal with the compulsive deal-making and truth-telling.

Hey, since we're borrowing the aspects and faces and things...

> How many of us are familiar with the tabletop Dresden game?
      > What's everyone read from the Dresden series?
      > Has anyone who's wrangling to get involve not thrown out a character yet?

Obsessive re-reader of the books, never played the game - though it uses the FATE engine, which I have played once or twice.

Making Alana and Jacobian get along is going to be interesting. One thing the Wardens simply don't do is forget/forgive, and if she's taken contracts out on (and killed) Wardens in the past, she's probably high on their Most Wanted Dead or Never Mind Just Dead list. Veeeeery interesting conflict for Jake if he develops conflicting loyalties before learning her true identity.

ElvenKitten

Might add that the ccontract she turned down when she quit was the two American regional commanders. Probably better that she quit when she did.  ;D

Rajah

Yeah, I didn't wanna crowd the magic user scene. And Raj did something else... let's see... kinda cool. Like it. So... I gonna put an X through haunty Sarah Collins-Myer and redo her as vanilla. Any suggestions about that are very welcome. I will read over Magic Seattle in the meantime.

Hey, since we're borrowing the aspects and faces and things...

> How many of us are familiar with the tabletop Dresden game?
      > What's everyone read from the Dresden series?
      > Has anyone who's wrangling to get involve not thrown out a character yet?

Whatever you're comfortable with is fine by me. I wouldn't care if we all ended up playing goblinblooded air mages with names that start with L, honestly, so long as everyone's style brings something a little different to the table.

I have extensive experience with DFRPG and with FATE in general. I've read the series up to and including the latest book.

Savant of the Wastes

I've been around, trying to think up a good character. I had a rather interesting and different idea, actually. A bound spirit, somewhat like Bob, only with a physical form, acting as a familiar of sorts for one of the wizard's. Unlike Bob, He/She (shapeshifting!) would be more of a combative familiar, a shapeshifting type. I was going to draw more on the reluctant servant side of things. Forced to serve by magic, rather than a more amiable servant, at least at first.

I just wasn't sure if I wanted to trouble our Wizard-types with my silliness, so I've also been trying to dream up a second idea. I was nosing around an idea for a Focused Practitioner who specialized in Potions and other quickly made items. The magic quarter's Apothecary. Highly imaginative, excitable, inventive type. Hadn't settled on a particular gender for this character.

TheGlyphstone

If you're dithering, I'd suggest the apothecary. Spirits have all sorts of weird rules and restrictions that make them great as NPCs/servants but really boring or inconvenient PCs...inability to operate in day/sunlight and total inability to cross thresholds the biggest ones. But a resident potion-maker would be a very neat concept to explore.