[St. Lawrence By Night] - Vampire the Masquerade V20 - [Recruitment is OPEN]

Started by TheWanderingMuse, August 19, 2022, 11:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheWanderingMuse

Welcome to the game, my friend! I've sent you the new player questionnaire to kick things off.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Rajah

I'd like to express interest if there's still that last slot open?
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

TheWanderingMuse

Quote from: Rajah on March 09, 2023, 12:59:25 PM
I'd like to express interest if there's still that last slot open?

Thank you for your interest, As for an opening, I still have some available, yes! Shoot me a PM and we'll get the ball rolling.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

TheWanderingMuse

[ [ UPDATE ] ]

Due to popular demand, and the unique way St. Lawrence handles character threads, we're now allowing each person to have two active characters.

How is St. Lawrence different from most group games?

Unlike most group games, St. Lawrence is presented as individual threads for each user to start. It is a truly open world game where players are free to explore the city at their own pace, and by themselves, to develop and explore their characters, their goals, and their ambitions without being tied to one narrative. Each NPC inside St. Lawrence is developed as a complete character. They have their own goals, methods, and interests and the city is continually moving behind the scenes. Players are free to approach any NPC and see what they have going on and get involved with any aspect of the city they wish. There are always plots brewing and things happening, and occasionally players will have the chance to be involved with them however they see fit. St. Lawrence can be run solo, or can involve interacting with other players as often as you like. Your character options are limited ONLY by your imagination.

If there's no main storyline, how is this a group game?

There are plenty of storylines in the city, and which ones you become aware of are determined completely by your actions. All characters are in the same city and will see the consequences and benefits of each other's actions even if they don't interact directly with them. So if Player A decides they want to kill the Anarch leader, the other players will see ramifications of that. Perhaps a new Anarch will come to your character asking for their support in helping their bid to be the new leader. Perhaps the shipment of guns your character ordered from the leader will not be delivered now as the leader is killed and the contacts they had have been shattered. Even if you don't join threads with other characters, their actions will most likely impact you in some way.

But if there are no threads for specific events, how does my character join up with another character?

If your character heads to Elysium, and another character is already there, your two threads will join and you'll be able to interact. You can set up IC meetings for your characters and join forces for a common goal, or you can avoid other characters completely and explore the city and your own interests at your own pace. You'll never be forced into any storylines you're not interested in participating in.

That said, one of the first things I do is give new players a player questionaire which lets me know what interests your character has. If you give me a 8 out of 10 in mortal politics, you're more than likely to run into the new mayor looking for support in the city. If you put an 10 out of 10 in exploring other supernatural creatures in the city then you can bet you'll stumble across a victim of a werewolf attack or a pack of wraiths who seem to be focusing their attention on the old chapel outside of the city. I customize everyone's experience to their preferences so you'll never find yourself involved in a story/plot that doesn't interest your character.

If anyone has any additional questions on St. Lawrence, please ping me and I'll be happy to go into more detail. If you've alredy read this far, clearly you're interested... go ahead and ping me! I welcome all players and look forward to give you an amazing customized game experience that is guaranteed to keep you hooked and engaged!

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

dezwithabat

Is there still an opening for this? I'll need to read up on clans before choosing if you have a link to a good source?

TheWanderingMuse

Hi there,

Simply go to Google and search for V20 Corebook PDF. It's widely available for free. V20 is the edition I'm running for St. Lawrence.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Outcast

Asking here rather than via PM, in case the answer's helpful to anyone else...

Are there any types of character that you would be especially interested in seeing brought into the game?
My Ons and Offs  My A/A (updated 10/4/24)

TheWanderingMuse

Quote from: Outcast on March 14, 2023, 06:16:54 PM
Asking here rather than via PM, in case the answer's helpful to anyone else...

Are there any types of character that you would be especially interested in seeing brought into the game?

Great question, and no. We have plenty of openings, so really everything is wide open. I have plots and storylines for all clans, so if you wanted a unique experience, picking a clan that isn't already taken would be a tactic to go with. Right now we have a Malkavian, two Caitiff, a Toreador, two Tremere and a Nossie

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Outcast

Are characters posted anywhere that can be peered at by nosy people?  :D

What's the sect / faction allegiance tally at the moment?

And would character creation be done in line with the V20 book, or sorted out on an individual basis via discussion?

TheWanderingMuse

Quote from: Outcast on March 14, 2023, 06:24:50 PM
Are characters posted anywhere that can be peered at by nosy people?  :D

What's the sect / faction allegiance tally at the moment?

And would character creation be done in line with the V20 book, or sorted out on an individual basis via discussion?

Yes, you can go to the main game menu here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=323356.0 and peek at some of the uploaded character sheets and some of the known NPC's in the city.

The sect/faction relations is set up in the opening blurb about the city, but to save you some time: The Giovanni came to St. Lawrence to get a foothold in the northeast United States where the Camarilla and Sabbat had no presence. The Camarilla responded immediately to the threat and have been throwing anyone they could find up into the city to prevent the Giovanni from gaining an uncontested city in the center of some of the bigger strongholds of the Camarilla. The Setites have been formally recognized by the Prince and have been granted domain, and the Anarchs run wild in parts of the city simply because the Camarilla doesn't have the mainpower to effectively subdue them like they do in most cities. The two major factions are the Giovanni and the Camarilla, and they maintain an uneasy truce as each tries to prevent the other from gaining too much control. The Giovanni can't openly attack the Camarilla, because that would draw them into a conflict with the entire sect, and the Camarilla can't simply muscle the Giovanni out because they don't have the manpower.

Character creation is also found on that game link menu I provided above.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Outcast

Thanks.  I shall have a nose around in those threads.  :)

I was wondering what the distribution of PCs among the factions was... and whether there was anything (loyal Camarilla, eager Anarchs, or others) that was presently under- or over-represented.

In any case, I can see if inspiration strikes.  :D

TheWanderingMuse

Quote from: Outcast on March 14, 2023, 07:17:05 PM
Thanks.  I shall have a nose around in those threads.  :)

I was wondering what the distribution of PCs among the factions was... and whether there was anything (loyal Camarilla, eager Anarchs, or others) that was presently under- or over-represented.

In any case, I can see if inspiration strikes.  :D

Right now we have a Nosferatu, two Malkavians, two Caitiff, a Toreadoir, and a Tremere, all either unaligned or a part of the Camarilla.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

TheWanderingMuse

Thank you everyone for all your interest! I am temporarily closing recruitment now until I get the next batch of players up and running. If you'd like to post and reserve your spot on the waiting list, please do so. As soon as I get the new players up and running I'll have a better idea of how many more players I'm comfortable handling.

If you've received a PM from me you are currently in the onboarding phase and your position in the game is assured.

Thank you everyone for the overwhelming responses!

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

WhatLiesAbove

I'd like to be considered for the next round of recruitment. If you'd be so kind as to reach out to me here, in messaging, or on discord, I would really appreciate it. Looks like a super-fun game!

TheWanderingMuse

Hey WhatLiesAbove,

I do have another slot that has opened up. If you're still interested, please shoot me a PM and we'll get the ball rolling.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

TheWanderingMuse

Hello everyone!

The new players are up and running and i have the capacity to take on one or two more players. Please drop a message here and PM me if you're interested in joining the game.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

TheWanderingMuse

@WhatLiesAbove - I have reached out and sent you the character questionnaire to kick things off.

For anyone else interested, I am accepting one more player at this time.

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Hellion

Quote from: TheWanderingMuse on April 13, 2023, 08:30:37 AM
@WhatLiesAbove - I have reached out and sent you the character questionnaire to kick things off.

For anyone else interested, I am accepting one more player at this time.

Definitely interested! While it's been a minute since I've played in a WoD game, I'm familiar with V:tM and the lore and would love a chance to play again.

TheWanderingMuse

Quote from: Hellion on April 13, 2023, 11:40:16 AM
Definitely interested! While it's been a minute since I've played in a WoD game, I'm familiar with V:tM and the lore and would love a chance to play again.

We'd love to have you! I have players of varying levels of game knowledge. Some have been storytellers in the past and others have had no knowledge of the game at all. That's part of the beauty of how St. Lawerence is run. Each character has their own thread and they explore the world at their own pace. How I normally handle that is I explain things in character, having the person being a newly embraced vampire who doesn't understand what they are and what they can do. I pair that with OOC communication as well, so no matter what familiarity you have with the game, you'll be able to jump right in and get rolling.

Not saying you'll need that level of help, I'm just showing that the only main requirement I have for joining the game is being a good writer and having the desire to learn the game as we go.

Please send me a PM and we'll start the ball rolling! Welcome to St. Lawrence!

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Mr Self Destruct

TheWanderingMuse

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Mr Self Destruct

TheWanderingMuse

We've hit Big Game Status!!!

And, with that, we now have a few more open slots for players! Please post here and PM me if you're interested in stepping into the night and joining an incredible game!

**New player friendly: NO Vampire the Masquerade Experience needed**

Head Storyteller
St. Lawrence by Night

Pockets

Gonna plant a flag of interest. Got some out of the box ideas for characters.
08/02 - New A/A Update