Star Wars: Revan's Wake - Sith [EX] (Seeking Mercenary Leader)

Started by Karma, June 20, 2010, 04:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Word has reached the Korriban Sith Elders that an ancient, abandoned Old Sith stronghold has been discovered in the Unknown Regions by the exploration party sent to track Revan after he vanished. It is now 100 years since that legendary Jedi-turned-Sith-turned-Jedi vanished, and only now has anything been found in his wake. Progress has been limited mostly by the fact that the Regions are uncharted, hence their name, and so it takes long periods to chart safe paths through the gravity fields. This discovery is momentous, as intact remnants of their culture are few and far between, and this stronghold is almost entirely intact, though left for what seem to be thousands of years to stand against the elements.

The Korriban Academy decides to send a second party to the station, this time a group more geared towards combat than scientific exploration. After all, the Old Sith were well known to lay traps behind when they left a place, including Force Elementals, battle droids, and other more nightmarish creations. The extent of their power had never been adequately understood, as so little remained of them. Finally the Empire would be able to experience a taste of what wickedness awaited them.

All is not well, however. The rival Malachor Academy, established on Andoran Prime and named in honor of Darth Traya's lost school, intercepts the message in their own way. They immediately send out a team of their own, with both teams arriving at roughly the same time.

For 100 years, the school has silently built up its member and powers, experimenting with an untapped (at least by mainstream Sith) area of Force Powers: Force Sorcery. Sorcery is an ancient art, only hinted at by Old Sith remnants, but the headmaster at Malachor mysteriously seemed to have discovered the secret, one he shared in small doses with his followers, encouraging them to experiment in their own ways and discover for themselves. An extremely diverse Force culture has emerged from his example, resembling the Spirit Mages of old, relying on incantations to invoke their new powers. Sorcery allows a far more powerful exertion of the Force, but at the cost of much higher rates of exhaustion, and is prone to backfires and unexpected results. The measure of this that is due to it being a relatively new (at least newly revived) art is as yet unclear.

The Malachor and Korriban academies have rapidly forged a violent, hateful rivalry since almost immediately after the Malachor school emerged. Students at both are ordered to kill on sight any member of the other school that has been positively identified. There are no rules to their conflict, no limits of what can and should be done. It is a murderous cycle, one so violent that the still-recovering Jedi order is, for now, staying completely away and focusing on further reconstruction.

Both schools hope to discover at least hints to the power of the Old Sith and ignite a new age of conquest for themselves. In the best case, as they see it, they might even find evidence of where the Old Sith could be now, assuming they hadn't been wiped out by hunter Jedi or some other unknown force. Not knowing what they will encounter, from fatally poisonous insects to a military superpower hiding in the shadow of a million uncharted suns, each team is traveling in their own fully-equipped but small blockade-runner style light frigates. The Korriban frigate carries a unit of Sith Troopers, while the sorcerers were forced to hire a mercenary leader and his gang of thugs. These teams would serve as a front line of defense in these regions, and as usual, fodder for the Sith's various (and often nefarious) needs.

Unknown to both Sith parties, there is a third player in this search for the unholy grail. The Jedi, while officially and for most other purposes are completely backed off from the Sith for the time being, have dispatched a lone Jedi Shadow to tail the Sith and send word back of what they find. Trusted implicitly by the Council but officially nonexistent and thus deniable, Shadows work alone, seeking in the deepest and darkest places for information on the enemies of light, sometimes at questionable cost. Their rigid, binary outlook on the universe makes them nigh incorruptible, short-fused, and terribly dangerous. Fortunately for their targets, Shadows rarely reveal themselves.

None involved can predict the dangers and discoveries surely to be encountered in the untamed wilds of the Unknown Regions. All that can be done is to forge forward and seek the prize, for the honor, glory, and future security of the Sith... or perhaps the Jedi.

Filled roles:

Korriban
Teacher: Aurelia Carlani (Karma)
Student: Kawan Madaovan (Will)
Student: (Elohim)
Pilot: Sera (Moon and Star)
Sith Trooper Commander: Vostroya

Malachor
Teacher: (Moon and Star)
Student: Yardi (Karma)
Student: (Will)
Student: (Elohim)

Jedi Shadow: Rachubka

Roles being sought:

Mercenary Leader

This is to be a literate game, complete with detail and internal dialogue where relevant. It should be as psychological as it is violent. I don't want one-line posts unless it's necessary, I don't want responses that don't accomplish something whether it be plot-wise or character-development-wise. This game will run in EX, in two threads to start - one for Malachor and one for Korriban. I will NPC and create settings as necessary, as well as play the Korriban teacher, Aurelia Carlani, and the Malachor student, Yardi. Aurelia is at this link, with Yardi farther down the page (and incomplete for the moment).

If you are seriously interested in the opening roles, please PM me a character outline (doesn't need to be complete like mine unless I accept you into the game) so we can discuss it.

Here is the OOC.

We've found a probable Jedi Shadow, and soon after a Sith Commander! Mercenary Leader is all that remains.

Ramael

I'm interested! - what prerequisites do you have in mind for the Merc leader? What does he have to conform to? Did you have any super objectives for him? Is he oppurtunistic, moral, have any preference for Jedi/Sith, Malachor/Korriban...? Would he be working directly or indirectly with any other players straight off the bat?

Yah lotta questions, just some stuff to bounce around.

I didn't have specifics in mind, but understand that the mercenaries are considered quite expendable by the sorcerors. They will be paid extravagantly, but this job is extremely dangerous, to the point that the sorcerors may experiment on them. The leader will also play the subordinates in game. The mercs are stationed on the Malachor ship, performing recon and guarding the ship during expeditions. Most of this goes the same for the Sith Commandos.

Ramael

Ok. I'm assuming that "guarding the ship during expeditions" doesn't mean being isolated away from the action too much? :P

I'm bashing some ideas around now. What time are we talking, so I know what tech is available to my group, or did you already have something in mind for that? I'm not too hot on Old Republic era but the research is easy enough.

100 years after KOTOR, but tech doesn't really change much in Star Wars. Just looks different. :P As for guarding the ship, grunts can handle that.

Ramael

Well bargained and done. Where do I post up my character?

PM it to me so we can hammer it out. ^_^ You aren't the only applicant though, so bear that in mind.