News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

Best skin ever!

I bought Thor - Volibear skin this weekend, not as cool as battlecast....
/wish for battlecast voli!

Friend has been playing this guy with my Voli, nasty combo. We are getting our timing on a toss into the implosion + slow and double bite = free gold ganks

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Aiden on August 06, 2012, 10:57:22 AM

Best skin ever!

I bought Thor - Volibear skin this weekend, not as cool as battlecast....
/wish for battlecast voli!

Friend has been playing this guy with my Voli, nasty combo. We are getting our timing on a toss into the implosion + slow and double bite = free gold ganks

I got cho with IP and have been playing him just to justify getting this skin.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

BentNikki

New kid here, been enjoying League for a while now. 

Gotta say my faves are Sona and Brolaf right now.  Just got back into it again recently, and like how Zyra looks, definitely wanna try her out.

Aiden

If this is your first time playing him, its good. My friend has been playing Cho for a long time and recently they changed his timing and part of the difficulty for him was relearning his timing since they made it half a second instead of a minute for his spell delay.

I joke with him now since he was premature on his cast for a few games until he got the hang of it.

The Golden Touch

Best teams do far are Cait and NuNu and Shyvanna and Irelia. ^^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Chris Brady

Quote from: Aiden on August 06, 2012, 01:09:29 PM
If this is your first time playing him, its good. My friend has been playing Cho for a long time and recently they changed his timing and part of the difficulty for him was relearning his timing since they made it half a second instead of a minute for his spell delay.

I joke with him now since he was premature on his cast for a few games until he got the hang of it.

And no ladies like a premature man. :)
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 06, 2012, 04:11:32 PM
And no ladies like a premature man. :)

Thankfully Cho isn't human. 

The Golden Touch

-geeks out on LoL for a couple hours-

;3

Strayed from Cait long enough to play a tanky Irelia for a bit. ^ ^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

BentNikki

Not a fan of Nunu.  Just can't get the hang of him. 

Been into ARAMs lately, and gotten him several times.  I constantly get Nunu and Galio, and I suck with both of them.

Shjade

Quote from: Aiden on August 06, 2012, 10:57:22 AM
Best skin ever!

I find it to be one of those looks-better-in-splash skins. When I saw people using it in game it was less than impressive. :|

@BentNikki: Nunu works best when he's supporting via speed manipulation. Your job with Nunu in ARAM is to soak up damage (and heal it back by consuming minions), slow the enemy carry as often as possible and speed your own up with boil. With a little CDR and some good mana regen you should be able to have one or two enemies almost permanently slowed and one or two of your allies almost permanently hastened. It makes a big difference in teamfights, chasing or retreating. Nunu's one of the best when it comes to mobility, both reducing the enemy's and boosting your team's. His damage is lackluster unless you stack AP pretty heavily, though, so you either have to rely on your team to do the damage while you go mostly tanky with some AP/CDR, or you can try going burst damage with heavy AP/CDR and just be a total dick with your perma-haste snow nuking power. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Ryven

Anyone up for some LoL tonight? :D

Gavlois

I would, but my internet will be crap until tomorrow or the day after.
O/O

BentNikki

Quote from: Shjade on August 07, 2012, 10:59:04 AM
@BentNikki: Nunu works best when he's supporting via speed manipulation. Your job with Nunu in ARAM is to soak up damage (and heal it back by consuming minions), slow the enemy carry as often as possible and speed your own up with boil. With a little CDR and some good mana regen you should be able to have one or two enemies almost permanently slowed and one or two of your allies almost permanently hastened. It makes a big difference in teamfights, chasing or retreating. Nunu's one of the best when it comes to mobility, both reducing the enemy's and boosting your team's. His damage is lackluster unless you stack AP pretty heavily, though, so you either have to rely on your team to do the damage while you go mostly tanky with some AP/CDR, or you can try going burst damage with heavy AP/CDR and just be a total dick with your perma-haste snow nuking power. ;p

Ah, I suppose that makes sense.  I just constantly felt like I couldn't get the hang of him.  Now I've got a little insight.  Perhaps I should try not to buy as many champs as I can - can really screw you over in ARAM champ selection.

Shjade

Yeah, there are times I regret having gotten one of the champion bundles while playing ARAM. I really don't want to own Evelynn. x.x
◕/◕'s

Ryven

What's wrong with Evelynn?

Sex Bobomb

Her damage is too low, in my opinion. They tried to compensate because she can stealth. *Shrug* She's fun, but not really viable.

SinXAzgard21

She is annoying as hell because since most know she is crap they just wait around to last hit everything....

Ryven

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on August 08, 2012, 10:51:21 AM
Her damage is too low, in my opinion. They tried to compensate because she can stealth. *Shrug* She's fun, but not really viable.

I haven't had that problem at all.  Since they changed her, she has become a much better assassin.

Sex Bobomb

Quote from: Ryven on August 08, 2012, 11:02:05 AM
I haven't had that problem at all.  Since they changed her, she has become a much better assassin.

Oh she's certainly better than she was, but her burst is too low for an assassin.

SinXAzgard21

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 08, 2012, 11:10:10 AM
It is all about Twitch.

Twitch also has the advantage of range. 

The only problem I have with Evelynn is her stealth mechanic.  I don't like the fact that champions can see her from so far away.  Other than that, I've racked up plenty of kills with her.

Sex Bobomb

Eh, I like Talon better than both.  :D

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on August 08, 2012, 11:12:40 AM
Twitch also has the advantage of range. 

The only problem I have with Evelynn is her stealth mechanic.  I don't like the fact that champions can see her from so far away.  Other than that, I've racked up plenty of kills with her.

Twitch also has a better a way better burst than her.  As I said most Eve's are kill stealers, I've not come across and honest one.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 08, 2012, 11:18:35 AM
Twitch also has a better a way better burst than her.  As I said most Eve's are kill stealers, I've not come across and honest one.

I'll have to show you one then.  ::)

Shjade

Quote from: Ryven on August 08, 2012, 11:12:40 AM

The problem is that Evelynn is her stealth mechanic. Without that she's a mediocre tanky dps option with a bunch of steroids, meaning any other tanky dps champion is a better option because her new stealth is shit.

She's got pretty good damage output (after being significantly fed/farmed; her early game is absolute crap), but almost nothing in the way of CC to protect herself or halt a runner, no gap-closer and negligible burst potential. Once she actually latches onto someone she can rip into them pretty hard and her movespeed bonuses are hilarious (I was able to chase a Highlander-buffed Yi through his allied Heimerdinger's frost turrets and was still running FASTER than Yi), but she's altogether lackluster without the ability to actually sneak up on someone to get those first speed-boosting hits in.

They need to make the radius of detection on her stealth smaller or add a delay to how long you can be near a champion before they detect you or SOMETHING. The current version of her stealth is almost useless; it's basically just a bush you carry around with you. Sure, it can enable some ganks the enemy team might have otherwise seen coming, but you're in the fog of war for 95% of that time anyway, so being invisible is redundant up until the point where you actually BENEFIT from it, which is when they can see you. -.-

The Eve rework is a mess.
◕/◕'s