Unread Messages Won't Clear FIXED

Started by Nymphadora, January 02, 2024, 10:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nymphadora

Happy New Year!

I have had an issue with my PMs since the update where in one of my labels there is supposedly an unread message. So I always show 1 message unread at the top. I've searched in conversation and out. Pages of messages and cannot find it.

Now, over the holidays I had another message come in. That label weirdly shows 2 messages unread yet I have read the one I know came in and even replied...

I looked to see if this was mentioned by anyone else but couldn't find it. Sorry if this is a repeated question.

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪

Nymphadora

It's been a couple of weeks and I've not seen any tips, hints or what-have-yous.

Am I the only person with this issue? Cause then I must be missing something glaring. (Would not a total shocker to be honest) ;)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Timeless

Let me go ahead and ping @Vekseid - this is more of his territory, I believe.

Nymphadora

Quote from: Timeless on January 16, 2024, 07:57:36 AMLet me go ahead and ping Vekseid - this is more of his territory, I believe.

Thanks so much!
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

Been another week and I've not seen anything on this.

If it's not fixable that's fine, I'll survive. The eye twitching will subside someday. ;)
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Amaris

I think Vekseid is the only one that can fix this, but I haven't seen him about. So, I don't think it's necessarily that it won't be fixed, just that the only one that might know how to fix it has, I believe, had some RL things going on for a while, but I'm not completely sure about that.

Nymphadora

Thanks, Amaris, you're right I believe, he's the only one who could fix it and you're also right that he's not been around.

My "OCD" makes my eye twitch when I see an unread number like that. And that makes me impatient but I will be patient.

RL\offline always comes first. This is my golden rule and I'm not respecting it in others with my bumps here. I'll dial it back. ;)

A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

I feel like since no one has responded to say so, that I am the only person with this problem?

Just seeing if there's knowledge of the issue and a fix coming down the pipeline sometime.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review

Nymphadora

Apologies for double post but this has been solved.

Walking through ideas with a friend got me there.

First I removed all label rules, them removed all labels. Then set messages to One at a time (that got me down to only 1 showing as unread from the 6 it had gotten to). Then unchecked the Show most recent at top box and that cleared the last one. Dunno why or how but all is right with the world again!

Will lock this now as it's fixed.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Availability:
O&Os Please review