News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Internet connectivity issue~ <fix'd>

Started by Blythe, January 22, 2015, 04:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

I seem to be having issues connecting to the internet here. I can access E. That it quite literally the only site I can access from my laptop. When I run the troubleshooting thing, it says there's nothing wrong with my connection. I've tried connecting with ethernet and my wi-fi, but nothing. Seeing as my father can connect fine on his laptop, does anyone know what might be causing this problem and might be able to direct me how to fix it? I'm using a Dell laptop on Windows 8.1, if that makes any difference.

(Did the whole cookies n' cache obligatory clearing, so I know it's nothing to do with that).

Blythe

Also, got a "General Failure" message when I ran a tracert. Not really sure what that means or what to do about it. All other devices in the household can access just fine.

Lrrr

Could be a couple of things including messed up DNS servers/addresses.  Ask your dad if you can interrupt his connection and then shut off your modem/router - shut off, not restart.  Let it sit for 30 seconds, boot it up, and see if the problem goes away.

Veks may drop by with better ideas in the meantime.

If I've been online here on E but I haven't replied to your post or message, there are several possible reasons - none of which involve ignoring you.  Be patient - I'm worth it.
ONs & OFFs Plus Other Goodies!    2018-01-16 Updated A/As

Blythe

Ah, problem fixed. Was a DNS issue it looks like--I had to jump to Google's DNS and uninstall AVG to get my computer to let me access the internet. Bleh.