X-men RP!....(interest Check)

Started by Wolfy, May 20, 2012, 09:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sasquatch421

Then of course you can't have Apocalypse without having his 4 horsemen as well. Depending on how far we want to take it Mister Sinister would probably make an appearance as well.

One other thing...Do we want to make this a beat the bad guy and done RP? Or should we sprinkle some villain waiting in the wings and turn it into a lasting roleplay?

JDrew Spider

I say there should be a shift of events that lead towards the revealing of Apocalypse...near the end, but involve his henchmen like Sinister , The Purple Man etc.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Vamfire Havain

My Roleplay Preferences and O/Os:

Embrace the darkness for it will relieve you from the stresses of light

eavatar

So far nobody came begging to be a villain, so we can always do some open calls for eventual villains. I think Apocalypse is just one menace. We still have other baddies still not visible, like Sauron, Bolivar Trask and any terrorist organization.

I think our first lead could be the investigation about the Evil mutant brotherhood(s) or other minor threats like Vanisher or some gangster who is using mutants as hired guns.

eavatar

Quote from: Vamfire Havain on May 26, 2012, 09:52:30 PM
so its a no?

We just set which kind of x-men game we are going to do. There are room among the good guys, but there are more room even at bad guys right now

Vamfire Havain

Quote from: eavatar on May 26, 2012, 10:20:57 PM
We just set which kind of x-men game we are going to do. There are room among the good guys, but there are more room even at bad guys right now

Im not the best at being a bad guy, but i can be a trouble maker or work under somebody

eavatar

Well, it seems I took the Game Master duty so I am asking you some questions before I set the ooc and the game threads.  I am going to ask some questions just to help us set a common ground.

1) Do you see this roleplay taking some extreme sexual direction, like rape, extreme bondage or something like that?

2) Does the mutants and radiation mutations are the single source of powers over the world or not?

3) Do you would like add non mutants elements at the gaming universe, like spiderman or avengers elements?

4) Do you would enjoy it as a part of soap opera and a part of action or more action and intrigue oriented

Vamfire Havain

Quote from: eavatar on May 26, 2012, 11:56:53 PM
Well, it seems I took the Game Master duty so I am asking you some questions before I set the ooc and the game threads.  I am going to ask some questions just to help us set a common ground.

1) Do you see this roleplay taking some extreme sexual direction, like rape, extreme bondage or something like that?

2) Does the mutants and radiation mutations are the single source of powers over the world or not?

3) Do you would like add non mutants elements at the gaming universe, like spiderman or avengers elements?

4) Do you would enjoy it as a part of soap opera and a part of action or more action and intrigue oriented

1) Doesn't matter to me. i can work with whatever the Game Master prefers
2) I guess what i can answer is that it is not the only source of power in the world, meaning there are different forms.
3) last i checked, what Spiderman and Hulk has is a mutation, and Thor's lightning ability can fit in with the x men world. So whatever the Game Master prefers, I'm ok with.
4) I dont watch soap operas, but im sure drama can make the game interesting. I tend to like action over chit chat but i can do both

AribethAmkiir

1) I think that is really up to what the players and GM want.  I'm okay with NC, bondage, etc.  I'm also quite content if this game remains "vanilla" in the sex department.  However, even if there isn't a whole lot of interest in NC or what have you, if there's enough, it is my suggestion that the game be put in that category just to please those people when it does come around no matter the frequency.

2) I think it's best to keep it simple here.  With each new origin we allow it creates for that much more complexity in which things can get convoluted and messy.  On the other hand, complexity isn't necessarily a bad thing.  I think, ultimately, it should be the GM's decision.

3) The decision for this question should go hand-in-hand with the decision for question #2.  I thought at one point Marvel had decided that all metahumans were mutants or that all mutants were meta-humans, I forget.  Either way, it's easy enough to claim that spider-man is a mutant or that the Super Soldier Serum made Captain America a mutant.

4) I'm easy here.  I enjoy the action, but it is my experience that too much action makes it difficult to develop characters and explore intracharacter relationships.  On the other hand, moving from mission to mission with little downtime allows for the game to remain constantly active and decreases the chance of people growing bored with it.

Some tough decisions, and I'm not sure I helped any, but hopefully the others will give you more definite answers.

Neysha

From what I recall, mutates are those who gained their powers via an external stimuli, such as gamma radiation with the Hulk or the Super Soldier Serum for Captain America. Mutants however are born with the genetic potential of being metahuman even though it manifests at puberty normally.

Quote3) Do you would like add non mutants elements at the gaming universe, like spiderman or avengers elements?

I say keep it simple.

Quote4) Do you would enjoy it as a part of soap opera and a part of action or more action and intrigue oriented

Latter I would suppose, with the slow character building parts divvying it up and maybe for the introduction.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Sasquatch421

1~ I really don't care myself. Though I'd say at least keep the possibility open so if we got someone in that wanted to play a villian they could have the option of say rape or torture. That or Mojo is branching out for late night TV...

2~ Of the top of my head I'd keep it simple, but maybe allow for some other circumstances. I mean isn't there some magic users on the X-men roster? I know I've heard about a vampire in their basement as well...(Which I'm still not sure what to think about that....)

3~ I honsetly don't mind, though it could be cool if we got like a Shi'ar on the team. Say maybe she was coming of age and she wanted to learn about us so the royal family did like an exchange program thing. One of our mutants went with them to learn and we get oh say the princess? Just a musing don't mind me...

4~ I like both ideas... I'm an action kind of guy, but I also love to build up my characters...

Crowe

I AM PHOENIX!!!

((unless, of course, someone has already claimed her and/or proclaimed she's dead ::)))

Psylocke is another favorite, cool, ninja. Otherwise, I would totally be up for a Rictor/Shatterstar pairing if someone is playing one of the two.

JDrew Spider

^ What they said. I think Jean is an NPC...don't know yet.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Empyrean

I'd have no problem playing a Shi'ar exchange student. ^_^

Numerion

Current status: looking for play -> A/A

eavatar

Well, I am closing the registration period is over. We have people enough to run this game. If you are interested and already expressed your interest please head to this link [url]lhttps://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=141411.0/url]